Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2001, 09:24 PM   #1  
Bacon Girlie

S/C/G: see signature

Height: 5/4

Angry

Hi, Guys! Great new thread! We are movin, movin, movin!!!

Off to the gym tonite...I'm also going to try to get out to the track tomorrow morning. I have take my poor Winston in to get his balls chopped off...heh heh...I'm sure he'll act better. He's been pissing all over the place and driving me and my Babycakes crazy!

Emmy, you must really be doing great! I'm so happy for you! Now, when you feel discouraged, you can just look at your old shorts and see how far you've come! You know, my TOM hasn't been that bad in a while! I hope I don't get one like that...I tend to want just chocolate and sweet things..it will be hard to handle, but I know we can do it! God wouldn't have given us the "gift" if he didn't think we could handle it!

Anne, you have been doing really great on your workouts! How did you suddenly get inspired, and where can I get some? Congratulations on your loss! Maybe a loss on Thursday will get me more motivated!

womaninlove, Judy, debbie, denise, nona, all of you...you must be out moving your bodies!!!! Good for you!

BTW, Debbie, a friend of mine is a walker like you and walks all day at work. She was saying that she thought a pedometer would be a good idea be cause she's really interested in how many steps she takes in a day. I am thinking about getting one for her. Do you have an effective yet inexpensive suggestion? She may not like it after all, and never use it again!

Okay, I'm going to finish up here at work and head out to the gym. Talk to you all soon!!

PS- one more final left!!!

Girlie
Old 05-08-2001, 09:50 PM   #2  
Mama to 3 Little Monkeys

S/C/G: 232/161.4/125

Height: 5ft 3 1/2inch

Default Girlie!

I wish I knew! I think I have been reading too many fitness magazines and I really want to work my darndest to look good. To be guite honest I was down early because of my two week straight of gains and tonight I had a really good loss. I feel so much better. All I can say is we all need to keep each other going. When we are feeling down post it and maybe it can be worked out. If you are feeling happy and energetic post it. It will inspire the ones that are down. We can do this!
Old 05-08-2001, 11:30 PM   #3  
"GrannyOnTheMove"

Default Yes, We Can Do It!

I have a pedometer called the Sportbrain...it was expensive though...$99 on Amazon.com. It has a port that plugs into a telephone line and it transfers all of your info into your own website. It tells how far you walk, how fast, number of steps, calories burned and all kinds of neat information....:I just love it and it really does motivate me to get all my steps in every day. Those fitness mags really makes you want to look better. My problem is loose skin. Because of my age (62) my skin doesn't have the elasticity that some of you younger ones have Time for bed. Didn't get that walk in today so I must do more tomorrow Have a good one all.....
Old 05-09-2001, 01:51 AM   #4  
Bacon Girlie

Default Whew

I did a little workout tonite. I walked/jogged on the treadmill for 15 minutes then did 35 minutes on the elliptical, then walked around the track as a cool down.

I only used 20 points today (out of 29) so I was starving when I got home, so I made a FF turkey hot dog for 2pts. Mmm it was good. Only about 100 cals though...I feel bad because I try to never eat after I work out at night.

But that hot dog was sure good!

Oh well. Judy, thank you for telling me about your high tech gadget! Sounds too complicated for me!

Anne, well you keep up with that motivation! I'm trying...

Ok, here's a general question for you ladies. I am noticing that my heels are getting calloused. IT always happens when I start wearing my summer shoes, my EZ Spirit leather slides. They are comfy, but for some reason my heels always start to look like crap with them on, maybe from being exposed. Any suggestions on how to get rid of it? A pumice stone maybe?

Thanks for your help!

I'm sure we'll hear from the others soon. I'm off to bed!

Girlie
Old 05-09-2001, 01:04 PM   #5  

Default Hello!

Hi Everyone!! Well I exercised this morning!! Felt pretty good until I went to the grocery and gave in to a few of my cravings!! Last month I breezed right through my TOM but this month the cravings are unreal!! Maybe I am not taking in enough fat throughout the month or something. I am so hoping to get control of my cravings before I do too much damage to all my hard work. I WILL get back on track NOW!!

I hope everyone is having a great day today. My son is home sick today ( well, so he said he was) He was just up dancing to cartoons!! Only 12 school days left til summer break anyway.

Have a great day. Take care!!
Old 05-09-2001, 01:20 PM   #6  

Hello!!

I didn't get to do my exercise yesterday. I had to go speak to my neighbor. I am going to be filling in for him monitoring the fitness center at our apartment complex while he is away on vacation in July. After that I came up & started putting away laundry. By the time all was said & done it was 9pm. I can't do my exercise that late because my vcr is in my bedroom & people live downstairs. Oh well! Today I will be doing the tape. Tomorrow is weigh in. Let's hope it's a good one considering TOM is next week. UGH!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 05-09-2001, 06:47 PM   #7  
"GrannyOnTheMove"

Hi everyone....~Girlie~ The SportBrain isn't hard to use at all..It really is a very neat tool! : I don't think you are eating enough to be exercising so much...remember that your body needs fuel to do all that and you should always eat at least your low end of your points...(don't mean to lecture you) just info....Remember your metabolism slows if you do not eat enough..I know I have tried that before and it just didn't work and then I got too hungry and overdid it! I haven't done my exercise yet today but I am about to walk and walk and walk ~Debbie~ Good Luck at Weigh In tomorrow...~Anne & Emmy~ You are just doing great! Keep up the good work! We are eating SubWay tonight so I don't have to cook : Those SubWays do have their advantages Off for my walk...Have a great evening all....
Old 05-09-2001, 06:56 PM   #8  
"GrannyOnTheMove"

Default Question for Debbie?

~Debbie~ How do you put your quote in bold letters and how do you use bold letters in the body of your reply? I am still learning how to use some of this stuff Thanks.
Old 05-09-2001, 07:28 PM   #9  

Judy to bold I put the the letter "b" in brackets [] at the beginning of what I want bolded & I put "/b" in brackets at the end of what I want bolded without the quotations.
Old 05-09-2001, 08:50 PM   #10  
"GrannyOnTheMove"

Thanks Debbie, it worked...and good luck tomorrow! I just got back from a 5.5 mile walk and it felt good.

Last edited by JudyK; 05-09-2001 at 08:53 PM.
Old 05-09-2001, 09:01 PM   #11  

Woohoo!! Judy you are doing great!! I just did my 3 mile tape with my 2 lb weighted gloves. I really felt the difference between the 1 lb & 2 lb weighted gloves. I have walked 6.38 miles so far today including my tape. Whew! I feel good too Thanks for the well wishes for weigh in. I'll update tomorrow morning to let you all know how I did. Even if I don't lose I feel good because I did my tape 4x this week plus I got in some good walking in addition to my tapes.

Hope everyone is well....

TTYL...
Old 05-09-2001, 09:06 PM   #12  
Bacon Girlie

Default Ha

Let's see if this works

Just playing around..I don't know how to do all the fancy stuff either, Judy!

Judy, you know, I was thinking that. Normally, I go right to the top of my pts...then for some reason the last few days I have been stopping around 22-24. But I feel like I've eaten a lot! My big thing is that I hardly eat anything for breakfast, so I make myself have something...then lunch is something quick, then during the evenings at work I munch and have a decent dinner...so I eat most of my pts during the afternoon and evenings and feel full.

This is what I ate today

Breakfast: 1 cup of Sun Soy milk - 1

Lunch:
2 FF turkey dogs on lite buns - 4
Pirate's Booty - 2
Snackwell's Cookies - 4

Then, for dinner/snacks today:
LF ham on lite wheat - 2
Pirate's Booty - 2
Bowl of veggies w/2 FF turkey dogs cut up - 2
Mc Salad Shaker - 3
Fruit cup - 2
Crackers - 2

That makes 24. I think my low is 25 or maybe 24.

I just feel like I ate too much! And you're right though...I need to eat when I exercise, even though it seem like I'm conflicting myself. See, and I plan to work out again tonite and I did this morning too...I guess I'm paranoid about weigh-in tomorrow and I hardly exercised this week.

Today at work I went to some pool training...with a client product, so I was on my knees (and on my tummy at times!) installing these pool cleaners! I guess I maybe burned some good calories doing that...maybe I won't go to the gym tonite. I have been trying so hard to get under 200 pounds...I'm really focusing on that right now.

Judy and Debbie, you have been doing really great with your exercising. Debbie, a day missed is no biggie..it's when one day turns into a week like me! Ha! but I'm back on track!

Anne, how are you feeling? I hope that the bad bug has finally left you! You have been doing a wonderful job!

Talk to you all soon....after the dreaded weigh in.....
Old 05-09-2001, 09:48 PM   #13  
"GrannyOnTheMove"

Hey Girlie ~ What is that Pirates Booty? I think I saw Rosie O'Donnell talking about it but I have never seen it in my area....Looks like you are doing alright with your points. I always need more for breakfast because I am hungry when I get up in the morn...I have Kashi cereal w/skim milk and an orange. The cereal is really high in fiber and good for me in lots of ways.. and fills me up! I know some people just don't like breakfast and I didn't used to, but I really need it now and especially when I walk or go to the gym in the morning. Good Luck with the weigh in tomorrow! My grandson was going to Weight Watchers (he will be 18 Saturday) but he has kind of dropped out over the winter....I must get him motivated now that I am home. It is so hard for guys to go and especially teenagers. I feel sorry for him but he is so obese and I worry about the long term health aspects of it. Later all...
Old 05-09-2001, 10:05 PM   #14  
Bacon Girlie

Default Booty

Ha..Judy, have you ever seen in the stores the "corn pops" type snack, puffs of corn that have been baked or fried and they taste like cheese puffs or buttery puffs..that's what Pirate's Booty is. Just a low fat version. I love cheese puffs, and with PB, you get a good helping - 1/4 of the bag for 2pts. I separate the bag into 4 servings, usually fills up one sandwich bag for a serving. Very handy. My local grocery store sells it for $1.89 each, so I bought 5 bags! I now take it to movies with me instead of popcorn.
That brand also makes something called Power Puffs, these are shaped like conventional cheese puffs, but are made with ginseng and bee pollen and taste sweet. Those are also 2pts for 1/4 bag.

Wow for you grandson...I can only imagine how hard it would be growing up obese. It's hard enough just trying to find acceptance in high school anyway!

I like Kashi too...I got the GoLean and have that with bits of dried apple and soy milk if I want (and have time for) a hearty breakfast!

Talk to you tomorrow!!!!

Girlie
Old 05-10-2001, 08:07 AM   #15  

Good Morning

Well, weighed in today & I lost 0.5 lb...Woohoo! I am so happy because this is the week before TOM & I usually show a gain. I also took my measurements & lost 1" in my waist & 1" in my hips since April 2nd. I am happy with that. Today will be the 2 mile walk tape. Gotta keep doing those tapes

Girlie, let us know how weigh in goes...good luck

Hope everyone has a great day!!
Closed Thread