Old 02-16-2004, 03:05 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 187/185/140

Height: 5'9

Default Scale Addicts Anonymous #5

Here we are...on Thread #5...there's only 4 of us left but boy are we are a good bunch..And we're always glad to have new folks!!! Hopefully Leanne will be over her AMsickness so we can hear how she's doing soon!~ And then Tulip will get a new puter so she can post without having to listen to chugachuggachugga!lol Grassie is still on her detoxing diet to rid her body of nasty allergies and such. And there's me...who's off to my first session with a private trainer so I can get motivated like the rest of the Scale Ladies!!

Hope to see newbies in here soon!
Hotsplashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 08:20 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 160/147/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi guys!!! Sorry I've been MIA for a few. Things have been hectic here. It's snowing like crazy right now. Wasn't suppose to start until tonight but here it is.

TF - congratulations for quitting your job!! I'm glad you're strong enough and smart enough to realize a bad situation and get the heck out! I'm finally learning. This is the last week at the bad job. yeah!!!!

HS - how was the training session? Learn anything new and exciting?? Do share! I've been on the couch for a few days. I came off the diet for Vday. The plan was to just cheat for one meal. I'm mostly back on now - not quite though. I gained 3 pounds of water but I know it's water. If I could just behave myself it will fall back off. I liked seeing such a low number on my scales.

OHHHHHH - I get to go shopping for new scales!! (I'm waaaayyyy past denial about my addiction) I'm moving in May and the scales I use are roomates. I'm very excited about the whole deal.

I'll write more this afternoon when I get to second job. Looks like school is canceled for tonight. I'm never going to graduate at this rate.......free massages for all - cause I can't charge until I GRADUATE!

Have a great day guys!!!!
little grasshopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 09:07 AM   #3  

Tulip has started a trend! I quite my job yesterday. Working 6 days week 4 of them usually 18 to 20 hour days was just too much. And i just couldn't stop feeling like I was completely lying to myself that I was helping these horses. Yah. Helping them to hurt themselves more. I can't believe how much better I feel today!

Grassie, water weight is the easiest to lose. And you deserved to go off for Vday! And more snow? DON"T send it this way please!lol Glad to know you are joining the ranks of Stand Up Scale Addicts with Tulip and Me! My first session with the trainer kinda sucked. All she could do was talk about how she's becoming a pro cyclist now and how it sucks not to be making money. Yet she charges 50 dollars a session. Needless to say I won't be going back to her.

Tulip! How goes your day so far? It would be around 2pm your time as i type this. What kind of job will you be looking for? Was the guy that bad? How awful. I've had bosses like that. It's like being inprison! Hope you find something you enjoy! How's the kids and Ozzie? How's the weather in Merry Ole' England? Hope all goes well!

Today is relax day and enjoy myself day. Gonna do the regular chores such as housecleaning and laundry. BUt I'm going to take my time. And catch up on some much needed reading too! Have a lovely day folks!
Old 02-17-2004, 09:30 AM   #4  
Student of the Hoof

HS! Pardon me for sticking my nose in here - you quit! Wow! What are you going to do now? I'll just skulk back to my thread now.
RavenToy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 01:57 PM   #5  

Raven Toy - you don't have to skulk anywhere! You could always dust off the scales and join us And if you have a job you want to quit - it's highly fashionable on this board......all 3 or the 4 of us have now quit our jobs and started working out. what's next ?

HS - I'm glad for you. Especially if you were having such guilt over the poor horsies! Have you thought about what you want to do now? Sounds like you're a very educated, highly motivated person. I hope you find something you can love as much as you love the animals. Sounds like you were making your boss a nice chunk of change - especially for a hobby!!!! Enjoy your relaxation today!

TF - how is the stress level today? And yes, how are the puppy, and the family? Still boozin it up in England I ate Taco Bell for lunch - I have NO ROOM to tease.

Took Doggie to the vet today. He has an inner ear infection and is depressed. All the time at work and school is leaving my poor doggie all alone too much! I am trying to work out a deal with doggie day care so he can have play dates. Never thought I'd send my doggie to day care, but I can't stand that he's this sad either. It's only 2 more months, AND I have mornings with him now too. He needs a friend. When I graduate I'm getting one for him (and me).

Oh, and he is the newest official member of the website - he's 5 pounds overweight!! Poor guy! He is an Aussie and he weighs 68 pounds. Very big (tall) frame though. The worst part was that I couldn't get him to stand still on the scales alone so I had to get on them with him - our two weights combines was SCARY! I'll be good from NOW ON!

By for now! HS congrats again!! TS you too! I worked my last day today!! Yippie!!!! Do we need to change our name or what??
Old 02-17-2004, 06:19 PM   #6  
Confirmed Scales Addict

WE ARE ALL NOW UN-EMPLOYED...SO HAVE SO MUCH MORE TIME TO WEIGH OURSELVES!!! YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!
I vote that we chance our name to Unemployed scales addicts no longer anon...!!!! or something...LMAO!!!

Welcome Raven Toy...we love all our memebers here but need some new blood, who are not tooooooo addicted to their scales (!!!) or giving up their jobs or mad on their animals so.......what can you bring to the group???? anything...honest....it doesn't have to be much to get us interested...after a while you too will be doing things the same...even your menstrual cycle will be the same...lol!!!...(HS- hope that bit hasn'nt put her off...lol!!!) don't sulk somewhere else...please sulk here with us...we need more friends!!!!!! (hey guys...how sad does that sound??? but we do need more fweeeends!!!!!

Spalshes...WAY TO GO GIRL....!!!!!!
Tulip-Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 06:35 PM   #7  
Confirmed Scales Addict

OH MY PUTER IS PLAYIN UP...!!!!

That last post, went and posted itself without me knowing!!! why?????

any way as i was saying..well done HS - U gave up your job??...WOW..do you feel better?? I do!! but it still makes me feel like...have i done the right thing?! But i do feel better..life is way too short to do stuff that you really don't need to do!! what are you going to do now??

GRASSIE...DOGGIE DAY CARE?? WOW we haven't got that over here yet..maybe that's my next business venture..is it big over there??? Doggie day care sounds a big U.S.A for the UK market...but hey tell me more...bet your dog benifits from it!!! don't feel bad about putting the dog on the scales... my oldest - Claire - weight Ozzy today..she had to stand on the scales first then with him ..he weighs 5lbs!!! sorry, which is what your doggie is over weight...has your doggie, eaten my doggie???!" LOL

Its late.. I need my beauty sleep, so will talk more tomorrow...Love you all.. but must sleep..see you all tomorrow as it is half term and i'm around with the kiddies all week!!

Keep off those scales girlies..I will be back tomorow to check up on you all!!
Tulip
~x~
Old 02-17-2004, 06:40 PM   #8  
Student of the Hoof

*lol* I don't know what I can bring to the thread.. lets see, I'm a scale addict, definitely. I'm stupid about my animals, all 452,618,392 of them.... ok, maybe not that many it just seems that way. But! Ha! I am not quitting my job! I was going to, but they gave me the raise I asked for, so I decided to stay.

My latest addiction seems to be running. Er.. or my imitation thereof. I do weights because I feel obligated to do so, but I hear the treadmill call my name in my sleep, I swear.

Thank you for the nice welcome.
Old 02-17-2004, 06:53 PM   #9  
Confirmed Scales Addict

we must be online at the same time Toy..as i've just got your message!!!!!!

Running??? YOU DO EXCERCISE????? TRAITOR...YOU HVE TO ASK PERMISSION AND INVITE US ALONG TOO!!! Ok - or.....you could motivate us to do some??? what do you think???

God you have a lot of animals..hope their all house trained?!! Ozzy isn't grrrrrrrrr!! (yet!!)

Looking forward 2 getting 2 know you!!!

we need 2 swap instant messenger addys here???

c u all soon

Tulip
~x~
Old 02-17-2004, 09:47 PM   #10  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Hi everyone! My name's Elisha, I've been on this site about a week, haven't quite found a board I'm completely comfy with, but you guys seem really friendly and pretty active. And I'm DEFINITELY a scale addict.
Can't say I've just quit my job, but I'm interviewing for a promotion on Friday, and if I don't get it, I probably will quit as soon as I find something else. And I do love animals. Right now we've got 4 dogs, 6 cats, a bunny, and there's a bunch of chickens and ducks (a couple dozen, I'd say).
So anyway, how about some fresh meat? I'd love to join your group!
~Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 11:18 PM   #11  

Welcome Elisha!!! I have 2 dogs, a cat, 3 fish, and a horse. And Raven is bringing her Zoo!! YAYYYYYY

Elisha and Raven, we LOVE to have fresh meat, new blood, new friends...I had to add friends cuz meat and blood was making us sound like vampires or something!lol Glad to see some new faces. You gotta give us motivation Raven! Elisha..you won't find a more fun group or weirdly cycled group. Tulip and I have timed our ToMs to the precise date so we match and can have PMS together...I know someone else on here was timing it with us...can't remember who tho.

As for what am I going to do now Ladies? Well, enjoy my time off...stop feeling guilty. It's someone else's job to fix the broke down horsies now. And no more 20 hour days! And I'm going to go to the gym and do a mass spring cleaning at my house.
I'm already looking for a job...probably go back into hospitality...I do love bartending and managing. But then again...maybe I'll open up my own business...don't know...got time...will think about it.

Grassie, doggie day care is HUGE up here in Canada...Got 3 in my city alone. It's kewl to see the dogs that go for play dates...my friend takes her lab/collie mix (who is 10lbs OW) and she loves it. She runs around like mad and barks for the first 5 minits and the other dogs look at her as if to say,"Uhh is she insane?" Then she settles down and plays nice. Since I have two dogs, they keep each other company. And all they do is sleep anyways!!LOL

Elisha and Raven...I hope to see you folks here more often...then we can all compare days, animals, and scale addictions!lol
Old 02-18-2004, 10:24 AM   #12  
Student of the Hoof

Oh dear, so .. we're inventorying the animals? Ok... 3 dogs (one great dane, one rat terrier, and one husky/greyhound mix foster dog), 6 snakes (two mutt redtail boas, two corn snakes, one king snake, and one texas rat snake), 4 lizards (one bearded dragon, one lemon leopard gecko, one regular leopard gecko, and one cuban rhino iguana), and two horses (one bay appendix mare - my daughter's, and one cremello QH gelding, mine). We'll be adding another horse this year for my son. Attrition has taken it's toll on the reptile population, and we also lost our darling little hedgehog this year.

HS - No guilt, we can only do what we can do. And sometimes, we can't do much. You gave so much of yourself, and now maybe it's time to give TO yourself, eh? Such a big heart, girl.

Elisha - Welcome to the forums! I just started noodling around in this thread because I've seen HS on the journals (and you, too), I'm on another thread as well. Keeps me from getting bored at work and hitting the vending machine. Another animal freak. Gotta luv it!!

Tulip - Please forgive me, yes... I actually exercise. It took me a while to get back into the habit, but I'm really enjoying it now. Well, most days. I have to admit that I do have my "But, I don't waaannnnnnaaaa" days. I do it anyway. I would like to get to the point where I can run 5K. I'm getting there slowly. My foster pup, Artemis, is kinda sorta housebroken. She knows she's not supposed to go in the house, but she doesn't understand holding it till we go outside. One of these days the lightbulb will click on, I know.

In the meantime, my scale is stuck. I knew this would happen, but .. it's annoying anyway. Plateau or adding weights back in or just scale orneryness, who knows. All I know is that I really need to just keep doing what I'm doing. *nose wrinkle* Yeah.

Happy Wednesday!
Old 02-18-2004, 10:31 AM   #13  

Hi everyone! Elisha and Raven - very nice to see you here!!!!! Tell us more Between my self and my roomate there is 1 dog (mine) 1 cat, 3 ferretts and 3 fish tanks. We're not the zoo Raven has, but we're growing. I will get another doggie as soon as I finish school. Last year I decided to quit my corporate job and go back to school to be a massage therapist/body worker. I graduate in 2 more months (as long as it stops snowing!!) Then I'll be in all sorts of other programs to further body knowledge. In the year since I've quit work I've lost 25 pounds and thrown out all my business clothes I feel like my old happy self again. Now I'm working on the last 15 pounds. I have been cheating a lot lately though with Vday and my birthday and a serious love of red wine........I'll get there though. I'm off the couch and exercising now and I've vowed to get back on track with my allergy diet today.

I love talking with the guys (gals) here. It really does keep me motivated and it's so nice to know there are real people with real lives struggling with the same battles I do. I've learned a lot being here. Hope you stay!!

TF - Doggie Day care is HUGE! Here. Even our pet stores now offer it. Another thing that is really growing is doggie massage. You can train for about $300.00 and you're all set. I think the going rate is $30 per half hour. And it gives the same benefits to dogs as to humans. I've seriously considered training in it. One of the biggest day cares has a small in ground pool and hoops, walls, tunnels, all kinds of stuff for them to play in. They even has obedience classes! They do all kinds of in house training for dog owners so that you know how to use the same commands they use and so that you aren't doing things to screw up all the training they are getting at schoo. It's funny but really effective. The day care place I'm looking at will let you pay by the day or session. You can drop a doggie off for 3 hours and then pick him back up again. Oh, there are also tons of dog parks here. Fenced in areas with bark rangers and all. On a warm day there will be 50 dogs out there playing! It's so fun to watch!! I guess we're a pretty dog friendly area.

Okay, guys. Today is the day - I WILL kick the sugar thing and get my butt back in gear! I must!!!! I'm worth it!! I can do it. (this is not working at all) I'm going to do my very best to be really good today!! I'll tell you how it goes.

HS - enjoy your days of relaxation! I always wanted to be a bar tender.....you can make good money if you're good at it, can't you...

okay, out of here for now.
Old 02-18-2004, 10:41 AM   #14  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Okay, this is a completely random question (I do that occasionally), but could anyone tell me how to find the Spring Fling Challenge that Jennifer is running? I hear people talking about it all over the message boards and journals, and I've looked everywhere and can't find it. I must be overlooking something. Help!

I need a lot of help right now. I'm doing fine with the exercise, adding time and speed to my walks on the treadmill. I think I'm going to try something different today though, just to spice things up a bit. But I'm not doing so well on the dieting part. I'm trying to stay motivated, I really am, and this site is a great help, but I don't feel like I'm doing enough. I want to be thin NOW!!!

I know, I know, Patience is a Virtue. Patience is a Virtue. Patience is a Virtue. Good things come to those who wait. I'm expecting one heck of a payout.

~Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 10:58 AM   #15  
Student of the Hoof

Elisha - If you check in Miscellaneous Clubs, you'll find the Spring Fling thread. If you haven't read the journals yet, or you missed the one by Mooz, you should read it. She posted a Ralphie quote that really hit the spot for me today, and it sounds like you could use it, too!