Old 02-15-2004, 11:19 AM   #1  

Thumbs down LCFS Week of Feb. 15th

Good morning everybody!

Hope you all enjoyed your Valentines Day. DH & I ordered Chinese Food for dinner and like you ANNE, I felt bloated. We also bought a bottle of wine and had a few glasses. It was nice.

We are back into the deep freeze again. It's supposed to last a few days.

ANNE, glad that things were resolved between you and Hopefully she'll leave you alone so that you can do your job.

nikki, again, good luck tomorrow with your surgery. Hope you enjoyed your anniversary yesterday. I just came from Walmart and Polaner All Fruit spread have Raspberry & Blackberry jams made with Splenda. I saw it posted on SS site that Walmart carried them. I will let you know how they are.

lynn, Sha, hope you're having a good day.

Aleka
Old 02-15-2004, 11:59 AM   #2  

Hi Everyone: Had one of those nights were I woke up at 1:30 amd couldn't get back to sleep and Larry King had the interview with Dr. Atkins and I agree Anne there is no way he was obese. Also heard another comment on another show and under the guide lines ( the guide lines don't distinguish between the weight of fat and muscle) Tom Cruise and Mel Gibson are fat!!! I don't think so! It is very cold here today, so cold I didn't get out of bed until DH had fired up the air tight stove. I had a good day yesterday. We rented a couple of movies and DH drove to the next town and bought me fresh shrimp from the fish store. DH had his pork dinner and I had lemon shrimp pasta it was sooooo good. My son and his wife were ordering chinese also.We also had a bottle of wine and I drank most of it and had a very early night! I wonder why.This morning DH made brunch and I am having a omelet with a piece of toast. I am introducing bread back to my diet after 3 weeks to see if I can have a slice a day without losing control ( bread is my downfall). If I start eating too much I will cut it out again. Nikki hope tomorrow goes very well and we will be talking to you soon. Everyone have a great day.
Old 02-15-2004, 01:05 PM   #3  

Wink

lynn, I had one of those night's too. I woke up about 11:30 and didn't get back to sleep until 3:30 this morning. I hate when that happens. I was tempted to get out of bed and watch TV, but it was so warm and cozy underneath the covers I just stayed there.

Aleka
Old 02-15-2004, 04:43 PM   #4  

Hi Everyone!!
Its freezing!!!!! Just awful!! Insomnia, man oh man do I suffer from that too!
ESPECIALLY on SUNDAY NIGHTS Must be the thought of
another wonderful week of .

Nikki, I will be thinking of you on Monday. Good luck, I'm sure you'll be
just fine

Aleka & Lynn, I loved that chinese food but today I feel like Mamma Cass!!
I can't believe those carbos.......

I have managed to stay more or less on my program today. I don't know
about you guys, I always seem to be more disciplined during the weekdays.

Hope you all have a great evening.

Anne.
Old 02-15-2004, 10:22 PM   #5  

A late Hello!!
I don't know why, but for some reason, I am not always notified when someone replies to our thread, other times, I am. So, today I didn't think anyone had replied to the last one since I posted yeseterday. Thought I'd write a quick note before tomorrow and found out there were lots of replies.

DH and I drank a few glass of Asti Spumanti yesterday and I made an early night of it. Still, I was awake most of the night and I"ve been exhausted all day. I cooked and cleaned like a mad woman today, trying to get ready. I could fall asleep as I'm typing right now, but I have to pick up DD in a hour from work.
We leave at 630 am to get there in time and my surgery is at 1130.
Thanks for all the well wishes and good thoughts.

Anne, glad to hear you and are on better ground, hope things continue to go your way.

Anne and Aleka, are you both doing SS (Lynn, that's my abbreviation for Somersize or Suzanne Somers)again? I have been visiting the SS site almost daily. I do miss not having to count carbs. I also saw a post from a woman that started SS'ing the same month I did and we were the same weight to begin with. She now weighs 175 lbs, which is great for her, but makes me feel like kicking myself.

Well, guess this is it for awhile, take care and talk to you all in a few days, Nikki

Last edited by nikkic; 02-16-2004 at 10:24 PM.
Old 02-16-2004, 07:42 AM   #6  

Angry

Good morning everyone,

This is a long holiday weekend for us, plus a lot of kids are on school vacation this week. There are a lot of people around this weekend on snow machines.

It's well below zero this morning. I am getting rather tired of it.

nikki, you will be in my thoughts and prayers today. Sometimes I don't get e mail either when someone posts and the same thing happens to me, I go into our thread and there are quite a few posts. Hope you were able to get some sleep.

ANNE, it's funny how bloated we felt after eating Chinese Food. I too can stick to a diet during the week, but come the weekend I tend to have little cheats here and there.

lynn, hope you managed to get some sleep last night. For the first time in who knows how long I managed to sleep through the night. I actually felt refreshed when I woke up.

Hope you all have a good day.
Aleka
Old 02-16-2004, 05:05 PM   #7  

Hi Everyone: Got up this morning and on a whim went with DH to the city for his dr."s appointment. Went to our son's for a visit, had lunch and enjoyed our grandson. He has changed so much in 3 weeks. Stopped in Barrie and did some shopping. A good day! The snowmobilers were running up the river in front of us all weekend. The thing that gets me is the river is open in front of us. Are they nuts? Aleka I slept all night also woke up at 5;30 but That's ok. Anne you are so right about being more disciplined during the week. I think it is because of the lack of routine on weekends. I seldom get notification of emails anymore. I just come here to see if anybody has posted. Well time to start dinner, well check back later. Nikki you have been in my thoughts all day.
Old 02-17-2004, 10:23 AM   #8  

Good Morning All:
I watched Larry King last night to catch the interview
with Mrs. Atkins. I felt so sorry for her. She is still
really feeling Dr. Atkins Death. I would promote this
W.O.E. myself anyday and I found most people who were
calling in felt as I did.

My dad's doctor appt. is tomorrow guys so please
remember him in your prayers He has been
through so much.

Today is just lovely outside. I am going to make the
best out of this weather on my lunch hour and go
for a nice walk.

Aleka, the bloating we feel with the chinese food is
a testimonal to how the low carbo diet works. When
you think about it Chinese food is loaded with sugar!

Lynn, how old is your grandson?

Have a great day Everyone.
Anne.
Old 02-17-2004, 11:24 AM   #9  

Angry

Hi there,

I went back to Weight Watchers this morning. I received a card in the mail a few days ago that said if I brought that card with me to the next meeting I wouldn't have to pay the missed meetings fees. So, I decided to go back. I was pleasantly surprised I didn't gain all the weight back, and I weighed 1.4 lbs. less than I did when I joined.

ANNE, I will be sending good thoughts your way for your Dad tomorrow. Hope he hears good news. No wonder Chinese Food tastes soooo good!
What is your favorite dish? I love chicken & broccolli.

lynn, glad that you had a good day with your DH and grandson. Spur of the moment trips are the best. We've had snowmobilers all weekend up and down our street and on the street, which is more like a dirt path, that runs behind our house. They don't care how late they zoom by. A couple of weeks ago on 2 different lakes, someone broke through the ice on their snow machines. Luckily someone had gotten to both of them in time and they were ok. There was a time that the more daring snowmobilers would be going along the ice and try to skim over the open water to get to the ice on the other side. IDIOTS!!

nikki, hope you're doing ok today and not in too much pain.

Have a great day.
Aleka
Old 02-17-2004, 01:11 PM   #10  

Hi Everyone: A beautiful day today, one of those days that make you glad to be alive. Nikki hope you are having a fairly comfortable day and we hear from you soon. Anne my grandson is 3 months old and looks exactly like my son. It is like turning back the clock 29 years. If you can beleive it I missed Mrs. Atkins last night. I had even wrote a post it note and stuck it on the TV. I am so angry with myself I hope I get a repeat of it someday. My next step if I don't stay on my diet is WW. Sometimes we all need the behavior modification. WW has come a long way if they are letting you not pay for those meetings you missed. Sometimes it takes a few starts to get on track and they should realize that. Aleka we have so many snowmobile deaths in Ontario every year you would think they would smartin up. Fortunately the river in front of us is quite shallow due to the dropping of water levels in the great lakes but still a weekend doesn't go by that somebody has gone though a lake somewere. Well hope you all have a great day. My thoughts are with your father Anne. Is this the Princess Margaret appointment? Take care all
Old 02-17-2004, 02:18 PM   #11  

HI,
Thanks for thinking of me everybody.
I was suppose to be in surgery at 1130am, but didn't make it in until 2pm. They were backed up. So, we didn't get home til the interview with Mrs Atkins had just finished up.
The Dr said they removed several bone fragments from my leg and there are still several fractures. He removed 16 screws and 2 plates. There are several screws left in the bones that are broken off and can't be removed. I have a cast right now and no weight bearing. I hate using crutches, but will be able to get a walking boot in 9 days (I hope). I'm in more pain today than I thought I would be. I do have a large bottle of pain pills though

Anne, I'll be thinking about and praying for your dad tomorrow. Hope he hears good news. I love chinese food too. My favorite dishes are spicey things like kung pao shrimp.

Aleka, that is too bad about the snowmobiliers running around your house, How rude and disrespectful. We have snowmobiles here too, but mostly rich people have them, since it snows so little here some times and so much other times, it's not very practical to have them.

It is suppose to start to warm up here. In the 40's by tomorrow. I'll be looking forward to getting outside and not freezing anymore.

Take care, Nikki
Old 02-17-2004, 05:45 PM   #12  

Hi Everyone:
Nikki!! Imagine you posting after going through surgery. You are made of
the right stuff there lady

Thank you all for your good wishes for my dad. Lynn yes, this is the
Princess Margaret Appt. We are all on pins and needles .

I had an ackward situation today ladies. set the date to take me
and one of my co-workers out for that lunch I have been telling you about.
When she sent us each an email she told us the controller would be coming
too. I declined. has not answered my email yet so I'm in for it
on Wednesday. This is way too fancy for me. This guy makes half a
million dollars a year. Between and him I wouldn't be able to
choke down my food anyways........It was not my intention to offend. It's
just not me I don't know why people can't accept you for the person
you are keeps telling me "perception is you are a b
I can't imagine what she is going to say tomorrow. Maybe I'll be lucky and
she will ignore me
Aleka, I like pineapple balled chicken, cantonese chow mein, sweet &
sour spare ribs, & beef fried rice
Lynn, I bet your little grandson is adorable. At three months old they are
just sooooo precious
I hope you rest comfortably tonight Nikki
Anne.
Old 02-18-2004, 07:47 AM   #13  

Angry

Hi,

nikki, glad to hear from you and that things went well. Are you still in a lot of pain? When you do get your boot, how long will you have to wear it? Where DH & I live is more like a recreational area than a residential area. There are mostly summer cottages in our little development with year round people scattered about. So, the snomobiliers are something we have to put up with. It does get noisy sometimes, but at least they go home Sun. night.

ANNE, maybe at the last minute will tell you that you don't have to go to lunch. Did I read your post right and said you were a ? If that's what I took it to mean, you are far from a Maybe she was talking about herself? If you do have to go to lunch today, just relax and enjoy yourself. You'll do fine. Good luck to your Dad today. Please let us know how his Dr. appt. went.

lynn, sorry you missed Dr. Atkins wife's interview. I leave notes for myself too then forget they're there. Personally, I need the weekly weigh in at WW to keep me on track. WW allows 4 missed meetings before they pull your card out of the file. If you go back after that, you have to re-register and this was going to be my 4th missed meeting. They probably think it's more profitable for them to do this because they get you back paying a weekly fee. I have come to realize that I need to watch my calories more than I need to watch carbs. When I do eat carbs, they are the good kind.

Have a wonderful day everyone
Aleka
Old 02-18-2004, 01:59 PM   #14  

Hi Everyone: Well Anne, lunch time is over so did you or did you not? I hope if you did it went ok. That is so true about the snowmobilers being a weekend inconvenience. Haven't heard 1 in 2 days. I to have come to beleive that I need to count calories. It appears to be working also I was tring to cut off my premarin and than I heard that could stall weight loss. Have you heard that one. Anyway I am taking the premarin daily. The doctors have said that the max time for me to take them is 5 years, 2 years down.The dog had a bad day yesterday. Hasn't eaten today but appears to be brighter, at least her eyes are bright. We made an appointment for 2 weeks with her regular vet as it is time for her check-up. Also made app't with her regular groomer that way she will have no extra stress with her routine being out of wack. It is a helpless feeling when you can't turn back time for her. How goes it Nikki? Do you have to keep your foot elevated? Do you live in a bungalow or 2 storey house? Is the Dh looking after you like a queen? Went to Collingwood hospital for DH to have some tests done this am. Picked up some fresh salmon for my dinner. DH is having baby beef liver yuck!!!. I wish he would have to lose weight because it would make dinner's easier. We eat totally different every day. Well off I go to vaccum talk to you all soon
Old 02-18-2004, 03:02 PM   #15  

Afternoon ladies,
Anne, as if you don't have enough stress already. How's it going? I guess I was wondering that too, did say that your a b? Maybe that's what she thinks because your reserved around the office. If that's true, then that's why she thinks you have somethings in common. Of course, your not a B.
I imagine your dad's appointment is still going on or hasn't occured yet. Still praying for him and for things to go well for your family today.

As much as I hate to admit it, I think calorie counting is the way to go. Maybe not in the beginning with low carb, but by the time you get to a certain point, you probably should. I'm going to start eating smaller portions and see what happens. I'm not too interested right now in what I"m eating, just eating anything that I feel sounds good. We only have good food in the house, no junk, so that at least is a good thing.

Lynn, the thought of salmon and liver cooking at the same time, makes me want to . Neither one are great smelling foods, when they cook. My air cleaner would be set for high,
We live in a one story house, but the washer and dryer is in the basement. DH has to take care of that and anything outside right now. I can't seem to go up and down stairs, unless I get down on my butt and scoot.

I'm doing better all the time. Still in a lot of pain, especially when I first get up after laying down, but things are getting easier. I took a shower this morning and made some breakfast. I had the sausage already cooked, so just whipped up some scrambled eggs and toast and microwaved the sausage. It was all things I could do standing on one leg. My kitchen is microscopic, so I can get to about everywhere in one hop. DH is doing better. Yesterday, he was having a major anxiety attack all day. I finally told him he was driving me nuts and to please calm down. He called from work this morning to apologize and to tell me he would do better and he did. I appreciate all that he does, I don't know how I'd get along without him.

Lynn, sorry to hear about your little sweet dog. I know it's really hard to see and deal with. My old cat is still hanging in there and I was sure she was at deaths door last summer. She's never been interested in personal hygiene and now, I don't want to do too much to her, since she's so fragile. She sure does look like an old dish rag covered in matted fur. Still has the same old look in her eyes though.

Better go, yes, I do have to keep my foot up on a lot of pillows right now, Nikki