Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 10-24-2015, 07:49 AM   #1  
mam1958

S/C/G: 307/267/160

Height: 5'6"

Default Pros cons on fitbit

Hey everyone,

I am thinking about buying a fitbit would like feedback.

Which one you have, what you like dislike about it.

HR monitor or not.

Easy to use is important.

Thanks for any info.
mam1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 10:28 AM   #2  

Hello! In my experience, fitbit is the best pedometer on the market. I prefer the 'one', as I do not think wrist pedometers are perfected yet. The 'one' is a traditional pedometer, but it is certainly not lacking. It is the most accurate on the market.
HTH, just my opinion.
-Christa
rm4sqrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 11:58 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 198/198/136

Height: 5'2"

I have the fitbit flex. Although you can never tell how accurate these things are I just use it for comparison. I like it since it makes me aware of the days that I have not had enough activity. If you don't mind wearing a larger item on your wrist I would go for the more advanced ones since I sometimes feel like the dots just aren't enough. I wish I had the heart rate monitor and a watch in mine.
Izzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 10:32 PM   #4  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

I received my Fitbit Charge wristband 2 weeks ago, it shows time, steps, etc. & I easily set it up online.

I have 5 Fitbit friends on 3FC & they r using: a Charge, a Flex, the model that attaches to clothes & a Charge HR (heart rate model). My friends here @ 3FC have had theirs for years, I'm the newbie.

Go to Fitbit.com to see what u like. The Charge HR has decreased in price $20 on Amazon over this week. If I hadn't bought my Charge already I would've ordered the Charge HR in beautiful plum with the buckle strap, today before the Amazon price goes back up to the fitbit.com prices.

They are accurate, 2 of my friends wear their band around the ankle inside their sock. Another friend wears hers laying below/under her crossed, shoe laces on top of the sneaker tongue when peddling a bike, walking & running.

I compared mine wearing it on my ankle inside my sock, then walking & noting my steps & distance on the display & then I wore it on my wrist walking the exact same place & my Fitbit display matched -2 steps wearing it on my wrist. That is almost a perfect match & now I wear it on my wrist always except when I'm on my stationary bike, I slip it into my sneaker sock around my ankle. I have the denim blue & almost got the slate gray.

A friend here @ 3FC had a heart attack this month, she had bariatric surgery about 5 years ago & had gained 20# back. She's 55 years old & had 2 blocked arteries & she is fine now... She told her doctor she began walking w her Fitbit 2 months ago, he told her she should've gotten it when she was obese, then her arteries wouldn't have closed stopping her heart. She said she will be a Fitbit user forever now. She averages 3-4 miles walking daily as the American Heart Association recommends walking +2 miles daily, the more we walk we have a lesser chance of Heart Attack, Stroke, diabetes & cancer.

Good Luck w your choice & many Blessings to you for being intelligent & taking steps to getting a Healthier body...
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 01:16 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

I have the Fitbit Flex. I wanted the Charge HR, but couldn't bring myself to spend that much. I actually think I like the flex better though just because the charge HR has to be worn a little higher and more snug to get the heart rate, which seems uncomfortable to me.

The dots give me a good idea of my approximate steps, and it's easy enough to look at my phone for a more exact number. Only downside is that my charger is kind of fickle. I have to position the cord just so or it won't charge.

I don't know anyone who's tried it and didn't hear of it until after getting my Fitbit, but I'm curious about the Lumo Lift. It's a pedometer that apparently also senses your posture and vibrates when you are slouching to remind you to sit up.
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 05:34 AM   #6  
mam1958

Hey everyone,

Thanks for your advice.

I ended up getting the HR one. I love it. My first day wearing it a walked 13,699 steps at work. I never knew I walked that much. It was a feeling of such great accomplishment after.

LG
Old 10-30-2015, 11:04 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 293/269/150

Height: 5'1

Welcome to the fitbit family! I started out with a small pink fitbit but the batteries would drain very quickly. Several months ago, I broke down and bought a Charge. I really enjoy using it! I have in the last few weeks been really getting into the challenges you can be a part of. I am always looking for fitbit friends.
amatxlatina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 07:31 AM   #8  
mam1958

I like that I can see how close I am to 10,000 steps. I will make sure I moved more to get those last few steps in now. It is the best thing I have bought for myself in a long time.

LG
Old 03-11-2016, 08:32 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 241/223.4/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Fit Bit

I have had a Fit Bit flex and charge HR. They are both good and give you an idea of how much you move plus you can log your food, workouts, water intake etc from them. You can also set up a weight loss plan and set goals with them. I prefer my charge hr over the flex because I feel with the heart rate monitor it is a lot more accurate!
FieryCupcake is offline   Reply With Quote