Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2004, 07:38 PM   #1  
soontobethin

Default stay at home moms # 127

Welcome to a thread devoted to women who have the priviledge of taking care of our families while winning the battle to control our weight and have better health! Feel free to join right in! We look forward to getting to know you better!
Old 02-16-2004, 08:54 PM   #2  

Gosia: Did you say you were already back to your pre-pregnancy weight? That is a great accomplishment in itself at 3 months. I have just started getting park into the gym at 5 months. How is the weather in Germany at this time? I would just start by walking in parks, malls, etc. I know it is hard to get started, but you are already doing great!

JW had a playdate this morning, so I made it to the gym this afternoon. They have TV at the gym so I got to watch Dr. Phil and part of Oprah. I might go that time on Monday. The Weight Loss Challenge is a good motivator. That guy losing 100 pounds is great!

My dad is a great motivator. We did weights on Saturday. He worked me hard. I was aching the next day. We are trying to get my DH in the gym, but he says that he is too tired after work. I need to still work on him. Any suggestions?

Have a good Monday night.

Melinda
Old 02-16-2004, 10:06 PM   #3  
Movin' to the Country!

Hey all! Wow, the thread's been busy today. Melinda, congrats on getting in your workouts! I have no advice on the DH/excercise problem as my dh has the same problem. He keeps saying he is going to try getting up early but that hasn't happened yet! Let me know if you come up with something that works!!!

Gosia, so glad the baby is doing better. My dd cut teeth at 4 months but most likely it is what the other mom's have said, she was just having one of those days. My DS had days like that but I never really had any with dd. She has been so easy. As for exercise, I began by walking and worked up to other things after that. Ginny was always talking about the "Walk Away the Pounds" videos so I got a couple and I really like them. That is if you can't get outside to walk. I would just take it slow and listen to your body. Remember: It took you 9 months to get out of shape so you should give yourself at least 9 months to get back in shape. Also, it takes a woman's body a full year to return to normal after childbirth, so take it slow!!!

Ricci, hope you and the DH have a great time out. Sounds like it is a well deserved break. We get out a few times a year without the kids but it has been a while. I think I may have to plan a date!

Ginny, glad you are enjoying your new video. Sounds pretty intense! I really need to get back to my pilates. I am hoping to try this week although I didn't today. Speaking of which...

Spryng, I think a challenge is a good idea. Especially an exercise challenge. I need something to motivate me. Still got a bit of a cough but I think I could exercise now without killing myself. Glad you had a good time! Your BF sounds like one of my friends. She was 112lbs when she got pregnant and 107 a week after giving birth. She was all belly. I have to say though that she looked so fragile while pregnant. I don't know how those teeny tiny women do it! Congrats on your van! Glad you finally got it. Can't wait to see a pic!

Geri, how did pic's go? Tony and Will cooperate? I thought having 1 kids pic's done were hard until I had 2. Getting them both to smile and look in the right direction...ugh. No wonder I haven't had my kids pic's done since Ky was 8 months. We are going to go have a family pic done soon. I have a nice camera and love taking pic's so I have just gotten reprints and sent those to family! Easier anyways. Looking forward to seeing how they came out!!!

Well, I had a lackluster day. Had so much on my plate to do and didn't do anything. Did take a nap though, which I desperately needed. I was bad last night. I was working and Jerry McGuire came on at midnight and I had never seen it before and I stayed up and watched it. Why? I really don't know. It will be on again...they only show movies 1000 times a week now but I did and I was exhausted today. So, I am off to bed. Spryng, I am supposed to be mono-dieting but I ate a veggie burger (just the burger, no bread) with my salad at dinner. Since I am eating so much raw food now on a daily basis, I find it harder to resist when I want a little something cooked. I am eating 80% or more raw each day and I have days where I don't eat any cooked foods but I haven't done my full week yet. We'll see. I'm off to bed. Hope everyone has a good night.
Old 02-16-2004, 10:12 PM   #4  
2BoysMom

Hi everyone,

Well it's a new thread so I'll have to see what I remember. Hope everyone that was sick or had a sick child is better tonight!!

The Dr Phil book....I'm just into the 2nd key now and so far I really like it. What you guys probably don't know about me is that I'm a very negative person ... always see the glass as half empty and I'm pretty sure that's why I'm having such a hard time getting started again. I need to exercise in order to lose weight, and to eat right also ... I vote for an exercise challenge.

Spryng, I think you asked about his plan. Basically, it's eating healthy and exercising ... making time for yourself no matter what ... and not being so darn hard on yourself if you screw up! I have a long way to go in the book, but so much has applied to me so far! I have to love myself from the inside before I can change the outside.

Pictures went really well today. We were early so I thought that Will would get extremely antsy. He did great! Tony fell asleep right after his pics. We were able to get 3 very good shots so I had a hard time choosing. Now Thursday is his 9 month check-up so he'll be getting shots . He's OK once it's over though and I get to be the one to give him a big hug! Will will come along for moral support too.

Congrats on getting your van Spryng!

Hi to Ginny, Gosia, Andrea, Candy, Melinda, Lori, Ricci (I was right about your name being Ricky ... with a name like Geri ... you get good at guessing! Mine is always spelled Jerry -- Hey, I'm a girl!!!)
I sure hope I didn't miss anybody.... Have a wonderful night.
Old 02-16-2004, 10:44 PM   #5  

Good Evening!

Dh is going to be home soon so I will have to make this quick.

Gosia, I agree with Spryng on the exercise. Pilates or walking or a dance video would be my guess of a way for you to get started. I know for me starting is always the hardest part! You might have to modify it a little since you are still sore form the surgery. Just do what you can and it will get easier with time.

Candy, I'm sooo proud of you for eating so much raw vegies!!! Are you feeling better b/c of it? I told my SIL what you said about not eating red meat. She hadn't heard of that before. I thought she could at least give it a try and see if it helps her. Ya know? Hope you get to feeling better soon!

Spryng, I called WW to see if I could find out how many points I could eat being pg, and they said as a rule I could not do ww right now. I'm sure because of being sued or something. They would not give me a points range, so I guess I'll just try to mantain my weight for now. I weighed this morning and was at 159 so I'm glad I really haven't gained any. Glad you had a great trip. I wish I could be one of those skinny pg girls!!

I'm getting tired and feeling a little sick so I'm going to cut this short. Hi to Geri, I don't think your negitive, Ricci, Melinda, Ginny and whoever else I missed. Gotta go throw up.....
Old 02-17-2004, 07:00 AM   #6  
burned out bus driver

'Morning!!!
Back to school......so this has to be short and I have a full plate today.
If anyone is interested in the WW video/DVD (both formats are available) I would be happy to pick one up for you. The video is $12.95, and I think the DVD is $15.95.
I love it, as you get such a bang for the buck (time wise that is). The nice thing is that the points are calculated for you-.
There are 3 levels- low intensity, medium and high. The high is not high impact- just a stronger workout. Please let me know if you are interested. I will most likely not get to a meeting this week (thurs am is a possibility) but will be there next week.
Gotta get ready for my day. Have a good one!!!!!! (sorry I did not get personal)
Ginny
Old 02-17-2004, 09:28 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!
Ginny, the workout video sounds great. I'm going to look into it. I'm pretty happy with my pilates and The Firm though right now. I hope you have a great day!
Andrea, I hope that morning sickness is over for you soon. I remember how horrible it felt. Not like any other kind of nausea. And enjoy having your DH home!!! Mine will be here in 3 days and I can't wait!!
Geri, the dr.phil book sounds great. He says on his show that the diet isn't easy is that true? I hope his book is able to help you discover yourself and lose weight. I'm not a Dr.Phil basher because I actually LIKE him, lol. I think he has great advice and isn't pushy. And about being negative, well it happens. The world we live in in general is negative and it rubs off on us. I'm an optimist so keep with me and I'll rub off on you eventually!!
Candy, was Jerry McGuire worth staying up for? I saw it some time ago and didn't think it was that great. It was ok, but not great. And I am sure you will do just fine with what you are eating. Sounds like you have gone vegetarian. And if you are feeling good then stick to what works for you
Melinda, I thought I taped dr.phil and oprah yesterday but my vcr didn't. What was their shows about yesterday? And about your DH, I have no advice either. Mine is overweight and I have never been able to inspire him to diet or exercise. I met him when he was this weight so I really never want to change that, but I know someday it will affect his health and then we will lock horns, lol.
Well, I am dying to drive my van today (it was too late last night to go anywhere) so I am going to go grocery shopping this morning and just cruise around for awhile to get a feel of the van. But I will be here later at nap time. What does everyone have planned for dinner? I think I am going to have veggie burgers and fries (I'm addicted and have to have it at least once a week, lol) Well I will talk to you all later! Lets have a great OP tuesday!!!
Old 02-17-2004, 09:45 AM   #8  
2BoysMom

Good morning all.

Spryng, the Dr Phil "diet" isn't anything different then following the food groups and making healthy choices. I think what he means by not easy is the not snacking at night, not going for the donuts, quick convenience foods, and making time for yourself to exercise ...putting yourself first above everything else. This morning for breakfast I had some bran flakes, banana, milk, and 1 scrambled egg (no fat). My snack will be a fruit and a milk. Lunch is a protein, veggies, and grain/bread/other starch. PM snack of fruit and milk. Dinner is protein, veggies, grain/bread/other starch. And of course, 8-10 glasses of water each day

Gotta go give Tony breakfast. I'll finish my post later!!
Old 02-17-2004, 11:35 AM   #9  

Good Morning!

I cant get personal now. Me and Dh are going in to town today to do our taxes. We are starting to feel really broke now since it's been 5 wks without a pay check! We should get a good amount of money back. Anyway, I'll check back in later tonight! Hope ya'll have a great day! TTYL!
Old 02-17-2004, 01:11 PM   #10  

Ok, got a pic of the van. let me try and figure this out again.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg Van.jpeg (22.6 KB, 38 views)
Old 02-17-2004, 01:17 PM   #11  

Well I guess it worked!! It drives great! It's a little different than the chevy venture we were borrowing but it has more features and cool things in it and automatic sliding side doors (which I am spoiled to already, lol!) But I am so happy to have a mini van now for my growing family.
Andrea, hope you get alot back on your taxes!!! I love tax season. Of course next year won't be as much fun because DH will make too much and we'll be paying in for the first time ever. But that is ok... I will take a bigger paycheck any day over a bigger tax return.
Geri, the dr.phil plan sounds great! I hope it is something that can become a lifestyle for you! I know all the member's on his show who are doing it are having great success!! He guarentees you'll lose alot of weight the first few months. So that is something
Well, I came home starving so I had a lean pocket with some fat free pringles and now I feel good. I need to clean up my kitchen from last nights dinner. And I am trying a new recipe this week and it called for asiago cheese but my store didn't carry any so I got romano cheese instead, can I substitute romano for asiago?? I've never used asiago but I have used Romano, are they similar in texture and such??
Well I need to get off of here. Anyone thinking of chatting today at 2 pm central? I was there yesterday but I got in late (it was about 2:20 pm) and no one was there. maybe today we can chat some.
TTYL!
Old 02-17-2004, 03:46 PM   #12  

It's just me again
Well looks like DH won't be home this friday afterall. He remembered today that he forgot to put in for his home time when he left out last time and he has to have it in 8 days before he wants off, needless to say it's too late to put in for this weekend now. I am so upset about it and angry. I hate going 3 weeks without him home and now we are forced to do it again. Breaks my heart and what is harder it that the kids knew he was coming home in 3 days (they count down the days from the moment he leaves) and now I had to tell them he won't be in for another 10 days!! My ds didn't take that too well. Ugh. life huh?
But anyway, I'll quit going on about it. Nothing can be changed now so I have to accept it and get over it.
Other than that my day is going ok. Its going to be 62 degrees here tomorrow so I am thinking of taking the kids to the park and getting some pictures of them while they are playing. They'll enjoy getting out of the house.
Well I guess I'm going to grab a nap. TTYL!
Old 02-17-2004, 04:27 PM   #13  

Spryng: I think Dr. Phil does the Weight Loss Challenge every Monday. The shows are really motivating. I don't care much for the other ones.

Great deal of the day! I went to Big Lots and bought 3 Buns of Steels kind of tapes for .50 cents each. That is better than taping them from the library. I will let you know how they are. They might be closeout for a reason.

Made another workout at the gym. JW is feeling much better. The girls at the nursery love him, so I feel much better about taking him there. That is about all for now.

Happy Tuesday!

Melinda
Old 02-17-2004, 05:07 PM   #14  

spryng, I'm sorry your hubby will not be coming home this weekend. It must be very disappointing both for you and for your kids, it must be really hard to explain it to them

Thanks everyone for advice on the workout, I have borrowed some Pilates DVDs from my friend and will see if I want to buy them. Unfortunately no one has anything like dance or salsa aerobic to give it a try before spending money on something I don't like. I am walking with Alizée almost every day. It's a holy cow here, you just have to walk with your baby every day, or you are a bad Mom LOL. So this way I have a double motivation.

I have to go now, Ali wants my booby...

Hugs
Old 02-17-2004, 08:46 PM   #15  
burned out bus driver

Just a quick hello-
Gosia, my WW leader used a tape (and she is hispanic) called Zumba or Zoomba or something like that- she said it was awesome and had some great salsa/aerobic moves.
Just thought I'd leave that.
I'll be back tomorrow! Sorry to all that I missed, I came online to check email for Dd (college stuff).
See ya tomorrow.
Ginny
Closed Thread