Old 02-15-2004, 06:10 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Default Be an "April Fool" Challenge??

April 1 is about 7 weeks away, which is a pretty good stretch for a new challenge, don't you think? As far as numbers go, I'm going to be very conservative and shoot for getting down to where I wanted to be by Valentine's Day.

In the realm of changing habits, I'd like to add another weight training day to my exercise routine, and I'm going to shoot for only having five non-4 pt. days during this time period, if any.

Anyone else want to set some seven-week goals?
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 06:22 PM   #2  
Crazy Canuck

I'm in! Since I only lost 1/3 of what I wanted to lose for my Valentine's Day challenge, I'll make my April Fool's Day challenge to lose the other 2/3. I think that's totally realistic since I seem to lose 2lbs. a month anyway. Okay people! Let's be losin' fools!!

P.S. - Sheila check your private messages - I have a burning question!
Jillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 06:32 PM   #3  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

I am also in! But I am setting a pretty high goal of 15 lbs. I have had a huge spurt of motivation lately and I don't want to waste it. Also my SIL is getting married in May and if possible I would love to be in onderland by then. You know the stupid thing is that I could probably do it, physically it is possible, only about 2 lbs a week which is totally do-able. It is just a matter of sticking to it.

Last edited by Jen; 02-15-2004 at 06:35 PM.
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 09:37 PM   #4  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

I will also set a hefty goal of 15 lbs. I am still so heavy that I think it should be totally doable. 15 lbs from whatever I weigh in at tomorrow.

293.5 today, so that puts my April 1st goal at 278.5. That would make me happy!!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 10:20 PM   #5  
northernclipper

Count me in. I only lost 5lbs in the Feb. challenge so, 15lbs by April 1st will put me on track
northernclipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 12:30 AM   #6  
Losing Again!

I'd also like to be down 15 by April 1. I've been having lots of really great days followed by one or two sabotoge days. This must end. I know what I need to do...now it's time to just do it!
Daners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 07:48 AM   #7  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

First of all... look at all the Canucks on this board
Setting a goal of 9 lbs for April 1st.
Charbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 08:10 AM   #8  

Well, I actually consider myself "meeting" my Valentine's Challenge ... between Jan 5 and V-Day I only bought my lunch at work three times ... all the other days, I brown-bagged it!!

But, now it's time to get to some serious weight loss -- I'm setting TWO goals for April Fool's Day"

1) Exercise a minimum of 4x per week
2) Lose 14 pounds (2 per week)
Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 08:21 AM   #9  

I am setting a goal of at least one inch gone from my waist by then. I really dont know what to think for a weight goal since i am starting the gym and will hopefully be building muscle too. So one inch at least will have to do!
dowsx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 02:59 PM   #10  
northernclipper

dowsx4

I think that's a great idea to try for inches not lbs. My friend and I just looked in our closets and each of us took out 1 item of clothes that we can't fit into any more. Our challenge to each other was to try and get into them by spring. A long road to travel but, ready to take the trip.
171/160/140
northernclipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 05:00 PM   #11  

Since I'm at 224 right now I'm going to say 14 pounds to make me an even 210.
Aside from weight loss I'm going to try to make a few other changes too.
1-no more than 2 off plan days per week. I tend to do this on my days off and since I'm still losing (just a bit more slowly) I figure I can work it in. It gives me something to look forward to. I'm actually off 3 days a week but I need to reign myself in on that 3rd day and get this weight loss going.
2-Exercise at LEAST 3 times a week and do some light weights 2 days per week. I know if should be more but I'm still nursing a bad knee and don't want to push myself too much.
3-Eat at least one serving of veggies a day. I know it should be alot more but it's better then the 0 I'm doing now.
4-Try to push for 7 glasses of water per day. I can't seem to get past the 6 mark. Maybe after that I'll try for the 8 I should be getting.
baby steps....baby steps....
jujubeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 06:14 PM   #12  
beautiful

every time i do a challenge i never make it. so this time i'm just gonna say that i want to hit my 1st 10% by then... actually i'm going to aim at hitting it at or before St. Patricks Day. i've been doing this for 8 months and should have hit my 1st 10% about 4 months ago so this time i'm really going to try harder to do this. i know i can do it. i just need to change my attitude about it and focus more.

from my last weigh in that would put me at losing right about 8 lbs. but i messed up really badly over the weekend and i'll probably end up needing to lose about 15 so we'll see.

i've been doing ok water wise but could use more. so i'm going to get my giant cup back out of hiding (since its a full 8 cups in one) and start using it again. i think i might also start exercising again if i can get in the groove of things.

jujubeee- do you like green beans? garlic? try some green beans with a little of the low calorie, fat free spray butter stuff and some minced garlic. my kids even love this and i think its really good too!
jkfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 06:35 PM   #13  

jkfla: No I don't like green beans but I do love garlic. Maybe I'll give this a try. What I usually do is take some frozen broccoli and gind it up in the food processor. Then I just take spoonful and swallow it with water, I know it's not the best way to get my veggies in but that's about all I can manage since I literally gag trying to eat them.
jujubeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 07:31 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

170 by april 1st! well, i will actually weigh the 31st but close enough.
gonzostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 08:12 PM   #15  
Believe

Height: 5'7"

15 lbs. by April 1st!
melsfolly is offline   Reply With Quote