Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2004, 07:08 AM   #1  
Mom, Queen of Everything

Default Monday Chat - February 16, 2004

Well, I've been up for 1/2 hour, updated my weight chart, entered my eating plan into FitDay, had my coffee, and stepped onto the scale to discover that I am holding stead for the 3rd day -- a good sign after the pig-fest over a week ago!

For those of you who met your Valentine's goal -- YOU ARE AWESOME! For those of you who made it half way up the mountain, don't forget that the St. Paddy's Day and Easter Challenges are still going strong!!!!

I was supposed to be having an "art day" today with my students, but got so caught up with other things this weekend that I forgot to shop for supplies. This has been so typical of me lately as my brain gets side-tracked onto other matters! So, it's hi-ho, hi-ho, off to work I go....to try to pull some magic out of the hat!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day. Those of you in the big chill states try to keep warm and those of us in the warmer climates will send you warm fuzzy thoughts to help that along!
Old 02-16-2004, 07:48 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 6"

Good Morning Everyone
Last night walking through Target I ran across the 6second ABS thingy, so I picked it up. YEAH! finally got something in this little town of ours. Would figure when I searched a week ago it was nowhere to be found. Anyway tried it out but I don't think I'm doing it right.. hmmm dunno.. I seem to have felt it more in my arms and back then my tummy. I'll play with it again today.
I'm not feeling up to par today, I don't really want to go to work but I suppose I should. Can't make money staying at home So I'm off, you all have a great day!
Old 02-16-2004, 07:52 AM   #3  

Morning ladies
Well floor is all set for the tiles today so after work that is my plans is to lay tiles.
Geeze prep work takes more time then the actual work.
I work till 2 today only so after my stop at grocery store I am home to do my bathroom.

Oh work at kfc and did look at the marinade the other day and NO there IS NOT sugar in the marinade. The chicken comes in cut but we marinade and bread it so unless they inject it at the factory doesn't come from us. I will read the breading mix today to see. Other night I ha the cook cook 2pcs with nothing just fried. Was actually good.

Hope everyone has a Good day and stays OP
Old 02-16-2004, 08:52 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

Morning, I'm a little late today so only a quick this morning. vday was great, spent the weekend at our favourite hotel and down 2 more lbs this morning so life is dandy. As I was updating my weight chart, only 25lbs to go. It's honestly just beyond comprehension to think that 67% is gone. But I'm with Star on the body image not catching up as fast as the weight is going but it'll come with work. Hope everyone's got over the weekend "blues"!

TTFN
Tummy
Old 02-16-2004, 09:20 AM   #5  
Baby Steps

Spedmom--Hope your day goes well. I hear you on the mind going in millions of directions. Lately I've had that problem also. How'd the rabbit come out of the hat?

Trazzie--Hope you're feeling better!

jjcj--Isn't it amazing how you have to plan so hard for the floors only to take half the time actually getting it done? I've gotta admit I can't wait until we're done remodeling this house!! Can't finish the kitchen til it gets a little warmer so I can stain the ceiling wood planks. UGH!!!! Isn't spring EVER going to get here?

Tummy Girl-- Congrats on the 2 pounds gone!!! Bet that's a great feeling!

Well, I stepped on the scale and no damage done after eating those LC brownies and pistacchios. I'm hoping this week I can actually take a loss. I need to start exercising again. I'm such a procrastinator when it comes to that though. I hate to exercise. But I'm thinking that's where most of my problem is coming from. And maybe if I exercised I wouldn't want to eat chocolate so much. I can delude myself alot. Ok, maybe if I exercised I could eat MORE chocolate and have it not affect my weight loss. Now THAT sounds right, huh? lol My kids have off school today. Oldest has an ortho appointment and after we get home, they get fed, the youngest is going on to one of her friends to play. So it's just one DD and me today. I'll probably try and talk her into doing tae-bo with me. Much more fun exercising w/someone.

Well, I've got to eat breakfast yet--so you all have a great day and I'm sure I'll be back again later
Old 02-16-2004, 09:51 AM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning Ladies,

Glad to see everyone is up and at it this morning, busy busy bee's.

Brenda I am with you on the exercise ICK ICK ICK, but I think it sunk in this weekend that I really need to move my *** if I want this weight to start coming off, there's just no way around it. DARN DARN DARN.. You know I like exercising w/some one but I remember walking w/my neighbor and getting all frustrated that she was never on time, so I've learned to do it myself. We are finishing a room in my house that is basically our attic/storage room, its going to be an exercise/play room (instead of my living room OY), so by this weekend it should be all done, hubby is wonderful. I can't wait to get the eliptical and all the toys out of my living room so I can feel human again lol.... so I am thinking of looking into a bike, something small and simple but if I tell hubby it will be something big, he always out does himself. So mum's the word... shhhhhh.

Gee, I can't even remember what I was going to say this morning..... OY.

TTYL,

HUGS
Old 02-16-2004, 10:00 AM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tummy Girl
But I'm with Star on the body image not catching up as fast as the weight is going but it'll come with work
Isn't that the truth, I am 5'10" and when I weighed 150 lbs, I STILL thought I was fat, I had a little pop belly and thats all my dang eyes kept focusing in on when I looked in the mirror or passed a window. Instead of seeing how nice my legs looked, it was that dang belly. GRRRRRRRRRRROWL !!!
Old 02-16-2004, 10:08 AM   #8  
Big Loser Wannabe

WOO-HOO!!!!!!!!!!

Today was an AWESOME weigh in, just 5.5 pounds away from onederland. I cannot believe that I have lost 28 pounds since January 2nd, that is just so great I have been losing slowly for the past couple of weeks, so I am going to try testing my body & giving up cheese for three days & see what happens. I think I eat to much cheese, and that might be what is making my weight loss the past couple of weeks slow way down. Hopefully that will kickstart things a little bit.

I went out & bought the 6 second abs at Target last night, and it really works well, I feel the burn when I am done with my workout. I did that workout this morning, plus lunges, squats, stretches, and an arm workout, I am going to be going 5 miles on my Elliptical pretty soon. I am so shocked that I am not the couch potato anymore. I am liking this awesome transformation that I see in the mirror, and I will bust my butt till I reach my goal.

Paula- have a great day today

Trazzie- I bought the 6 second abs last night too, and I feel the burn. I turned off the DVD & continued to do it on my own even after the workout was over. There is NO way that I can do the one where you lean back & lift your legs up, I dont think my body is that strong yet. Hang in there, you will notice a difference in the way your clothes fit soon if you continue to use it. I also feel it in my arms more, but my stomach also feels it.

jjcj - have fun laying the tiles!!

Tummy girl - Congrats on the two pounds, great job!!!

Brenda - exersize is th key! I bet if you make up your mind to do a little each day this week than you will have a loss when you weigh in next week

Have a great day ladies
Old 02-16-2004, 10:54 AM   #9  
Movin' and Losin'

Paula: I guess I have to look forward to the Easter Challenge. My Valentine's Day Challenge was a huge bust!

Trazzie: Hope you get to feeling better!

Jjcj: Good luck with the re-tiling.

Tummy: Congrats on the two-pound loss!

Brenda: Exercise can do wonders for you!

Leenie: Enjoy your new exercise room.

Hillary: You are doing awesome!! Way to go on losing 28 pounds!!

The weekend was pretty good. Didn't do anything on Valentine's Day. But, yesterday, we went out to eat and to see "Miracle." (Not my choice for a movie, but oh well!) Oh, and yesterday afternoon we went to see Air Force One land. That was pretty fun. We were watching the Daytona 500, and we had seen that the president was leaving, so we rushed over to Tampa to see the plane land. (DH is a big aviation enthusiast, so he really loved it.)

I've been in a funk lately. Weight isn't coming off. If anything, it's coming back on. I hadn't cheated until this weekend. I feel like I'm doing everything right. I'm even exercising. ARGH! Sometimes it is hard to come here and see everyone losing so much weight every week when I can't even manage a solid loss over a month! Anyway, I'm just frustrated and depressed at the whole weight-loss process. I got really upset this weekend when I noticed all the skinny people being able to eat French fries, chocolate, ice cream, popcorn, etc., etc., etc. Why do they get to eat it? Why are they skinny? Do they worry about every piece of food that goes in their mouth? Or, are they able to enjoy treats like that with no guilt? Why do I have to watch every little thing that I eat, and I'm still fat??? Anyway, with thoughts like that, I'm sure you can tell that it lead to lots of eating! So, after some Chinese food and popcorn, I'm back where I started. Upset and frustrated!

I am so sorry for the rant/whining/downer of a post. It's just how I've been feeling lately, and I'm not sure how to get myself back on track.

I hope all of you are doing well! Have a great Monday!

Take care,
Jina
Old 02-16-2004, 11:08 AM   #10  
Big Loser Wannabe

Jina- I am sorry that you are feeling so down, I know with me, if the numbers dont go down, than I am depressed, which is why the scale can be EVIL, EVIL, EVIL What you need to do is take one day at a time, you did not gain this weight overnight, and it will not disappear overnight either. If you are working out you might be gaining muscle, which is so much better than gaining FAT. If you are not losing for quite a long period of time, try tweeking your plan a little bit. Are you having enough carbs during the day? Eating to much cheese, or using to many Atkins packaged products which CAN stall people? I was somewhat stalled for a few days last week & ate some pistachio's, and started losing again. Now I eat a small handful everyday & I lost 2 pounds this week.

Do not give up, do not let this frustrate you, you know that by eating this way, you are much healthier than you were before, so go on how your body feels, and feel great about that. Your weight WILL come off, you just have to stick with it, and I know you can do that
Old 02-16-2004, 12:08 PM   #11  
Head Princess

Hey all!

First things first: Call To Action
I posted yesterday about this. There has been a low-carb bashing article posted on a different part of the 3FC forum. Please check it out and respond. Apparently there are still people who need to be educated. I'm especially hurt and disappointed that the article was posted by one of the founding members of 3FC. Anyway, for those who asked, here's the link: Click Here A big thanks to those who already responded to it!

All you busy ladies, have a great day! I have the day off work, so I'm gonna go play with my mommy after I get some exercise in and some laundry done.

Jina - big big hugs to you. I know how you feel and I know that you already know all the logical explanations and stuff so I'm not going to say them. Sometimes we're just gonna feel bad and that's ok. It's not fair that we can't eat the fries and ice cream and popcorn without getting fat. It's not fair that other people don't have to think about every piece of food they put in their mouths. It's not fair to work so hard and be so good and not see results. So feel bad. That's allowed, too. As long as you don't let the feeling bad undermine your efforts. You have worked so hard to get where you are. You are an inspiration to me and I know you're gonna make it! This is just a speed bump.

Ok, off to do some pilates and find something to eat. I brought my laptop home so I'll hop back on later. Have a great day!
Old 02-16-2004, 12:40 PM   #12  
Total Sass Bucket

Howdy all!

Jina: I hear ya girl. Sometimes, (not so much now as before I started Atkins and found that there may be a light at the end of the tunnel for me) I would get so frustrated watching all these people sit around and do nothing and eat as much as they want and never gain a pound. I would just never understand it. From the time I was little I knew I was doomed to be overweight, my ENTIRE family is obese and I happen to be the thinnest person in the family.... and even I just lost enough weight to get me out of the serverly overweight category. It just doesn't seem fair to me. However, with this WOE I have found hope for myself. I try to set reasonable goals and give myself enough time to get to them because I realize that I haven't lost weight in so long that any weight coming off, no matter how fast or how slow.... is fabulous. I can live my life with this WOE and never have to hide behind baggy clothes again or feel like I'm unattractive because I'm overweight. For those things I am willing to wait and be patient with my weight loss. I know you can pull through this and I know you'll make it to your goal weight if you stick to it!!

Hillary: Congrats on being so close to onderland!!!

Friday was a little rough for me at work since I didn't sleep much Thursday night because of the mean lawyer.... but that's starting to bother me less and less. I had a really good weekend with my bf, we had a great time Saturday night when we went out to eat, talked and talked and talked and talked and didn't want to leave we were having such a great time talking! He's back down at school now though so now I get to miss him all week. I haven't worked out in days because I've felt too drained, my sinuses are acting up after all the crying I did Thursday night and they're STILL not right. My allergist just told me to hang in and they would probably clear up soon. I hope so, they're ddriving me CRAZY!!!!!
I have today and tomorrow off work but I still have a million things to do. Trying to fill a huge lotion order, trying to catch up with my hours from class that I missed on Thursday, I have a test to make up, I have orientation and a couple more dr's appointments. Plus, everyone around me seems to be getting pregnant! I'm beginning to believe it's in the water..... I'm only drinking bottled water from now on!! J/K

Have a great day!
Old 02-16-2004, 01:08 PM   #13  
Princess in Training

Hey star, thank for posting the call to action. I don't think we can be angery at the 3FC who posted it--I think she just posts news items taking a wide range of views. I don't think it was meant to inflame or anything like that--if anything I think those news articles are for discussion-exactly what we are doing.
Old 02-16-2004, 02:27 PM   #14  
Mom, Queen of Everything

Trazzie:

When I first tried the 6 Second Ab machine I also didn't think that it was that hard, but that was based on the video that came with it. You're right, you tend to use your arms and shoulders to help push down. But.....try this: Instead of using your upper body, concentrate on tightening your abs as hard as you can, sucking them in. Use this motion to complete the last click. Once I figured that out, the results were so much better. Let me know how it worked!
Old 02-16-2004, 02:41 PM   #15  
Baby Steps

jdoggmartin--I hear exactly where you're coming from. The scale went UP 2 pounds last week. Then dropped the 2 pounds. I only added a little bit to my diet (pistacchios) and hadn't even gone over the 20 allowable carbs in the day!

I feel like I'm starting to flounder w/this WOE also. The fries, fudge, everything that I'm denying myself is now all of a sudden becoming a fixation. It's like I've GOT to eat it. And I don't get it. I was fine the first couple weeks. Even did well the first month. This 2nd month seems to be going downhill. Ever since I had TOM and discovered the chocolate whipping stuff it seems. Have I mentioned I have now discovered how GOOOOD the brownies are? It's really a chocolate thing w/me. Last night I made a pan of brownies, ate 3 and threw the rest in the freezer. Today I've made a different recipe and I'm sure I'll eat a few and throw them into the freezer. It's not because I'm hungry. It's because I WANT something cocolate. Or something that feels like I'm cheating. Does that make sense? I'd love to go back to strict induction but not sure how to do it. Not w/out being crabby. That's another thing--my energy level has gone down BIG time. I no longer wake up feeling like I've slept well. And my mood? Not as chipper and jolly as last month.

I definitely need help on this one. How to keep going with this WOE because I KNOW it's the best thing for me. But how can I also enjoy the brownies? Or isn't that possible? Oh he** I'm so confused. GRRRRR
(sorry for the long post).
*amended: all the brownies are low carb ones I've found on the site. I'm gonna give the pistacchios to my daughters to eat so they're out of the house.
Closed Thread