Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2004, 03:22 PM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Atkins Confessions (Pig Out Thread)

A place where we can come and confess, get it out of our system and move on. This is not a place to dwell on the past, but to get up, brush ourselfs off and start over

I'll go first..

Saturday, Feb 14th.... OY
Toasted Bagel w/butter, PnutButter Sandwich, Dark Chocolate Hershey Kisses and LOTS of them, Chicken Lo Mein, Bites of lemon bar and pineapple upside down cake.

Oh the shame !!
Old 02-15-2004, 04:26 PM   #2  
Mom, Queen of Everything

I'm all for catharsis, as embarrassing as this may be.....

Last Saturday (or was it Sunday?), by the end of the day I had eaten:

- An entire box of Chex-Mix
- 4 Slices of cold sausage/pepperoni pizza
- 1 bowl (as in MIXING BOWL) full of raisin bran w/ 2% milk & sugar
- Other assorted munchies I can't even remember

It took one week for me to get my weight back to what it had been the night before and just as long to stop banging my head against the wall crying about it.

Whew!!! This does feel good!
Old 02-15-2004, 04:42 PM   #3  
Head Princess

Popcorn on both Friday and Saturday nights! Oy-vey!
Old 02-15-2004, 06:05 PM   #4  
Movin' and Losin'

Chinese food on Friday night, (Moo goo gai pan) and I snuck a crab rangoon. Bad girl!!
Old 02-15-2004, 08:37 PM   #5  
NO JUNK FOOD ZONE!

At this point (8:30PM) I am still enjoying my pig out fest... I have been between 217.8 and 218.7 for 2 months now. I have been SO GOOD for the past 2 weeks trying to break that 217.8 mark. Today (after being such an angel on VDay and not eating anything off program) I weighed in at 218.4 - UGH!!!! SO frustrating! Soooo this afternoon I ate a whole heart filled with choc. candy. That would be 100 carbs for anyone counting. And I may finish off the 2 mini recess cups sitting on the counter by the end of the night. I truly don't care tonight. I'm really not discouraged.....or disgusted with myself....just tired of being the same weight no matter what I do. I need to read that chapter on stalls again - BUT FIRST I need to get my butt in gear and EXERCISE!!!!!

On a good note - I was a size 26 last Valentine's Day.... Today I squeezed (and I MEAN SQUEEZED) myself into a size 18 for church! Yipee!!! With a skirt I can get away with the 18 - because this low hanging belly is free in a skirt - but in slacks I am still in the 22's! Better than a 26 though!!!
Old 02-15-2004, 09:13 PM   #6  
Baby Steps

I'll confess now in case I eat the whole pan of low-carb brownies I'm making. I have a funky feeling I'll continue onto the pistacchios sitting on the fridge. I definitely need to start working out more. Maybe that'll drop the scale. Um,,,,,and maybe NOT eating stuff that's not on the induction list would help? lol
Old 02-15-2004, 11:50 PM   #7  
The Princess O' Pets

OKay OKay!!! We all know what I did to myself last Thursday but I will repeat it since we are confessing......

9:30 pm- Mike's Drive In- Thursday nite
Bacon swiss mushroom burger
fries with lotsa ketchup
and a medium chocolate/ peanut butter milkshake

Ouch my tummy is hurting just remembering it.
Old 02-16-2004, 07:45 AM   #8  

I had a big pc of cake on Sat. I think it will be ok though because mostly it was just some sort of whipped creme icing and it wasn't sweet at all. There there were strawberries in thin layers of angel cake. I have checked and still in Ketosis. Did the mega water thing past 2 days. Not only did I eat it I ate it to FAST. ICK
Old 02-16-2004, 09:04 AM   #9  
Baby Steps

I didn't eat the whole pan--just 3 (tasted like cake & was good!)
I DID eat some pistacchios--about a cups worth. At this rate not sure I'll manage to follow through on what I said I'd do for lent!! Might have to re-think that one.
Old 02-16-2004, 10:18 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Hey gang!

Leenie - I was just reading this thread and wondered if this "pig out" session on Saturday is what made you start induction yesterday? ? ?

Remember last week I ate so much stuff on Sunday, bec I was just thinking about starting Atkins, that I decided I had to start induction on Monday morning, before I ate my way thru Louisiana!

or had you made up your mind you were gonna start induction on Sunday, and it kind of thru you into a food fest? I'm just wondering.

great big hugs,
cathy
Old 02-16-2004, 11:10 AM   #11  

I have the day off today but just popped in to see what was going on and just read this thread. What a great idea.....place to dump the stuff and move on. This one is a keeper.

I was just thinking this morning that I could never tell you what I have been eating for the last few days.....now I can.

Friday: Meatball pizza (and there are still two pieces left in the fridge!)
Saturday: Chicken Parm (no pasta thank God)
Sunday: Shrimp Dumplings for an afternoon app and then the worst nachos I have ever had in my life for dinner. Didn't even come close to finishing them but still.

Ok, PHEW....that felt good.

Today may be tough too...hubby and I are going furniture shopping today. I just had my pepperoni quiche for breakfast and we are having chicken for dinner,.......but LUNCH...who knows.

Talk to you guys more tomorrow.
Old 02-16-2004, 11:44 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Jane - I would love to have your recipe for pepperoni quiche if it's low carb and not too much trouble.

thanks,
cathy
Old 02-16-2004, 12:10 PM   #13  
Total Sass Bucket

After being soooo good for soooo long...

Friday night the bf and I went out to eat at Cheddars totally expecting to stay on plan... then we saw the monster cookie they have there and both just died... we LOVE those. soooo

Friday: BBQ ribs, 2 honey butter croisants, and french fries.
Saturday: sesame jack chicken strips at Friday's and 5 french fries.

However, I managed to resist chocolate marshmellow ice cream yesterday so I'm feeling better about myself. My darned friend even put 2 spoons in my bf's bowl so that I could have some.. UGH!
Old 02-16-2004, 12:11 PM   #14  
Head Princess

Ugh - popcorn again last night. I think I need to just ban the stuff from the house!
Old 02-16-2004, 12:47 PM   #15  
Princess in Training

Lately--baking entire batches of low carb falx muffins, breads, and cookies--eating them all in two days. No real illegal food--but pushing 40-50 carbs the last week in legal food binges. Bleh--the scale doesn't lie-- I'm up 4 pounds.
Closed Thread