Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2004, 08:49 AM   #1  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Default I can't believe I cried.....

while watching survivor last night! Isn't the mind incredible. Jenna knew she had to go home to see her Mom.. and then 8 days later she died.
And then I cried during er! That woman knew her husband and son were dying... yikes!
Old 02-13-2004, 09:13 AM   #2  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

I know, me too!! It was such an emotional night of television.

ANyone else think that maybe her family called and said that her mom had takena turn for the worse and maybe she should come home.
Old 02-13-2004, 09:52 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 325 / see ticker / 150

Height: 5'4"

It was a pretty sad ending wasn't it.

I personally think it's like Sandi said....Jenna's family called the show and told them about what was happening and then someone probably approached Jenna and told her and left her with the decision of either going home or staying on the show. I personally am glad that she decided to go home and spend that little time with her mom.
Old 02-13-2004, 12:08 PM   #4  
Crazy Canuck

It was very sad, and I have no right to be judgmental, but I don't think Jenna should have gone to Survivor All Stars in the first place. She'd already won the game, the $1,000,000 (having no shame to use her mother's illness to garner sympathy votes) and more money and notority from posing nude in Playboy, so what was the point of going back again when her mother lay dying, other than to have another 15 minutes in the spotlight? She knew that her mother's condition had worsened to the point that she was in a hospice, so there wasn't much time left, yet she chose to go thousands of miles away to compete in a trivial television game she'd already won prior rather than be at her mother's side. Oh, and I read on the spoiler boards that indeed her family contacted the show and Mark Burnett made the decision to notify her that her mother was declining quickly (no doubt to avoid a lawsuit and to ensure extra drama for the episode). I also read that after her mother's death, Burnett invited Jenna back to stay in the luxury "Loser Lodge" with the other booted contestants until the completion of the show. Jenna accepted. I guess life goes on. I may sound harsh and critical towards someone I don't even know, but that show hit a sore spot with me. Perhaps I'm too much of a cynic.
Old 02-13-2004, 12:53 PM   #5  
Long Time Member

Thanks Jill!! I wanted to go looking for that info, but I was afraid I'd see who they are pedicting as the winners and I don't want to know.

I also think that she never had any right to go. I do think that maybe her mom took a turn for the worse AFTER she had signed up, but she should have NEVER gone. Greedy and selfish for sure. I am sorry that she lost her mom, I am soooo glad they told her and she had a chance to be there.
Old 02-13-2004, 02:55 PM   #6  

It was pretty emotional, but I do agree with you jillegal that she should have just bowed out in the first place. I do not think that I would have been able to go a second time knowing that she was still critically ill. I am happy that she was able to get home before her mother passed on, that would have been a large burden to handle.
I think that Rupert really hurt himself last night with the log cabin idea. I like that team because I really like Ethan also, but they are having a hard time at it.
Thankfully I missed most of ER because of a phone call. Emotional enough as it is, and that show can get to me!
Old 02-13-2004, 03:16 PM   #7  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillegal
. I also read that after her mother's death, Burnett invited Jenna back to stay in the luxury "Loser Lodge" with the other booted contestants until the completion of the show. Jenna accepted.
get out of here! that is nasty - speaks a lot about her. I did feel that she was milking it.... By the way she was talking on the last show I would have thought her Mother had already passed by the time this show came around.
Old 02-13-2004, 04:13 PM   #8  
Long Time Member

yes, when the lady said, "where do I go? Who will die first?" I thought I might lose it.
Old 02-13-2004, 08:41 PM   #9  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

I almost cried when Omarosa didn't get fired on The Apprentice. Does that count?
Old 02-13-2004, 09:31 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

well i cried when pheobe got married!!!
Old 02-13-2004, 11:25 PM   #11  

I cried for "Survivor" but I agree she shouldn't have been there to begin with. I wondered, too, if somebody got a message to her.

I missed ER.
Old 02-14-2004, 03:01 AM   #12  
beautiful

i don't watch survivor but i do watch ER. the episode where they were doing rounds in the NICU just tore me up. this weeks episode was pretty sad but that one just really got to me. did anyone see the one i'm talking about?
Old 02-14-2004, 10:32 AM   #13  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

I saw it.. it was pretty tough. How could you do that day in, day out? you have to develop some thick skin. A while ago.. a few year back there was an er where it was all about delivering babies - I was pregnant at the time - cried a lot during that one too!

Do you guys like Carter's new girlfriend?
Old 02-14-2004, 09:08 PM   #14  

I have always been a Carter fan (especially after they killed of my fav Dr Greene) and I am SOOOO happy that they finally got rid of all of the facial hair!! I like his new girlfriend, just hope everything works out for them. I heard that he was gone from the show for awhile because his wife had a baby
Old 02-14-2004, 11:47 PM   #15  
beautiful

yes i also heard that noah wyle and his wife had a baby boy (i'm pretty sure they said boy). he was on jay leno one night a couple weeks ago.

i like the new girlfriend on the show but i'm still just not really sure what to think about the whole situation. i still really like Abby.
Closed Thread