Old 07-19-2015, 08:16 PM   #1  
I Can Do This

S/C/G: S 270/C Ticker/MiniGoal#1 170

Height: 5' 5"

Default Highly Sensitive Person (HSP)

Does anyone else here identify as a HSP? How does it impact the way you eat?

It would be great to be able to have someone to discuss some of the challenges and opportunities with.
Vickie Chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 11:23 PM   #2  
Blessed Person Here

S/C/G: Going/Still going/Gone

Height: 5' 1''

I would, probably. I can't be sure because it's not a formal diagnosis. As for the eating implications, you can have a look at this thread I made about it

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chic...eedlessly.html
thirti4thirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 01:44 AM   #3  
I Can Do This

S/C/G: S 270/C Ticker/MiniGoal#1 170

Height: 5' 5"

Hi thirty4.

I've believed I was a HSP for many years now. I discovered Dr. Aron's book shortly after it was written and have been lucky enough to hear her speak a few times. I found the self test as a part of one of the talks she was giving and checked all but 3 or so of the items.

Some of the items on your thread are true for me now...and some used to be true. I've managed to get a decent handle on a lot of my random eating. Stress is still a tough one for me. The past few weeks I've had a lot of work related stress. I was working on the project again today and the desire to go sit in a quiet place with a bag of cookies was overwhelming. A couple days last week it was even worse. I know that sugar is my comfort food and has been ever since I was a child.

I know things will stabilize in a while. Right now though, it just ain't pretty.
Vickie Chickie is offline   Reply With Quote