General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 02-12-2004, 01:34 PM   #1  
It is what it is...

Default Morning Star Burgers

Hi, I am doing my own low fat diet thing and I have wanted hamburgers often but found that they are so fatty ( most of them ) ... I have heard alot of people say that they like the veggie burgers... I tried the BOCA brand and found it pretty disgusting...I have wanted to try the Morningstar brand, have any of you tried them? If so did you like them and what kind? I see they have many different kinds, even chick patties ....
Thanks -
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2004, 04:11 PM   #2  

I LOVE the Morningstar Grillers! I'm not a huge Boca or Gardenburger fan, but they'll do in a pinch.

I also LOVE the Morningstar Chik patties, Chik nuggets, buffalo wings, corn dogs, mini corndogs and sausage patties. I don't eat meat, and these are a good source of soy protein.

A lot of people like the pizza flavored Morningstar burgers, so you might give those a shot too.

Let us know what you try and what you think.

Jo
Jo_Pointer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2004, 04:18 PM   #3  
It is what it is...

Thanks Jo, that answers my question then, I wondered if the BOCA were that much different from the Morningstar, I will definitely try them, thanks again
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 08:40 PM   #4  

BTW, the Garden Burger herb crusted cutlets are really good.

Personally, I like most of the Garden Burgers and Morningstars. I'm a vegetarian and my husband isn't, and even he'll eat the herb cutlets. Also, if you are looking for an alternative to bacon, try the Morningstar veggie bacon strips, they taste like a really mild bacon, with pretty good texture.
Kizmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 07:06 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

I find that the veggie burgers are better when you have a lot of good toppings on it...lettuce, tomato, etc. I also use the spiced ones...sorry can't remember the name...and crumble it up with tomato, lettuce, and a few crushed Baked Tostitos for a low cal/low fat mini taco salad. YUM.
Aphil
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 08:03 AM   #6  

Morningstar makes a spicy black bean burger that's really good.
terrific pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 03:33 AM   #7  

Kizmet,

We tried the Gardenburger Herb Crusted Cutlets tonight and they were GREAT! I served them with a thin slice of low fat mozzarella melted on top and a spoonful of marinara--so yummy!

Thank you for your recommendation! I highly recommend these too!

Jo
Jo_Pointer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 12:18 PM   #8  
Bad Mamma Jamma

Height: 5'7"

LOVE the Morningstar veggie and pizza (tomato and basil) burgers! Also love the chick patties and nuggest and the corn dogs! The pizzas are great and even the sausage is good (skip the fake bacon!).

I liked Boca alright (burgers - their fake chicken is disgusting), but after Morningstar, I'll never eat Boca again.
NicoleNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 01:23 PM   #9  
Domestic Goddess

I never thought I would like veggie burgers..but the Morningstar burgers are yummy...with some mushrooms.. a little cheese and a tomato....(my husband was drooling...and I didn't share LOL). Of course I didn't eat it with any bread... Boca burgers almost turned me off to any veggie things...ew and yuck.

Barb in Maryland
BarbfromMaryland is offline   Reply With Quote