UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 06-08-2015, 07:31 AM   #1  
Beware the Harpie

S/C/G: 225.4/ticker/145

Height: 5' 5"

Default New to Ireland

I've been active on 3FC for some time, but I have recently moved to Ireland from the US. I'm a bride-to-be (December) and I'm looking for suggestions on plans/ideas to continue to lose weight here. I've previously done programs in the states (lost 40 lbs from 2012 - 2013, gained about 10 lbs back). I am hoping to lose about 20-30 lbs before my wedding in December.

I joined SW back in May, and honestly, it just wasn't for me. Might have been the group/leader. I prefer to cook from scratch and use less processed foods. Hoping to find a book or program that I can follow on my own.

Anyway, just wanted to say "hello"!
CelticHarpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 10:47 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 298/298/150

Height: 5ft 7

Hello! I'm in Ireland too! Any questions or food substitutes, ask away! How did you lose weight in the US? I think a lot of things are very similar once you find your way around the supermarkets. Would you consider calorie counting? My fitness pal had loads of things available here in its database!

Tbh, I felt the same about slimming world! I did it for over a year and just never got on with it!
Bonnie+J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 06:47 AM   #3  

Hello! Also from Ireland I just joined the forum today, it looks like a very supporting place. I can't stand counting calories or points or things like that, I'm just trying to focus on controlling snacks and eating natural unprocessed foods… Also getting a bit more active while it's still warm and the evenings are long.
unicorn22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 06:05 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 350/292/140

Height: 5f 7

I am not from Ireland... but just wanted to say GOOD LUCK hun xxx
topsy81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 12:15 PM   #5  
Beware the Harpie

S/C/G: 225.4/ticker/145

Height: 5' 5"

Thanks, all for the responses! I'm the worst! Got sidetracked with finishing up an internship and studying for my driver theory test (which I passed today-- not surprising as I've been driving in America of 28 years already ).

Bonnie+J: I did Herbalife shakes and did the Couch to 5K running program for the first 20 lbs and then did a program called Metabolic Research Centre (which is a food plan that is high lean protein and low carb/low fat) for the second 20 lbs.

I have to return to the US for a couple of months to sell my house and get moved over, so I'm open to anything that's cheap and DIY. I think I'm going to run five days a week, as that really helped me the first time I lost weight.

I would definitely consider calorie counting (as I've done food tracking for diets before and there's plenty of ways to do it with an iPhone).

unicorn22 & topsy81: Thanks! So nice to "meet" you here
CelticHarpie is offline   Reply With Quote