Old 05-27-2015, 12:28 PM   #1  

Talking Night Shift Biker Geek 30+ to lose

Ok so I am a tabletop AD&D playing, Star Trek and Star Wars (yes, kill me now) lovin', biker, ER nurse scadian who has been yoyo-ing from 165 to 180 for the last 17 years.

I used to be a regular here around 7 or 8 years ago but have since fallen off the wagon.

Yay for weight stability? I think not. After my first pregnancy I dropped to an amazing 140 pounds and wore a SINGLE DIGIT clothing size for the only time in my life! I looked so good that my husband immediately got me pregnant with child #2 and the dream was over.

What a tease. I still have one or two of my clothes from way back then that my almost teen is wearing and looking like I never did.

I'm not on a diet plan right now. My first step was to come back to 3FC and commiserate for a bit. Next step, find a plan here that I can stick to.

I'm starting this thread for myself and anyone else who wants to join me.

Last edited by SuGyong; 05-29-2015 at 07:50 AM.
SuGyong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 07:45 AM   #2  

Vacations truly kill me. It's not that I'm eating much more, but that I stop running from one place to another at top speed and sit around all day.

I've watched my pedometer go from 17,000 steps/day on work nights to 1,050/day on days off. All I want to do is sleep and be a slug. Shower optional.
Old 05-29-2015, 07:47 AM   #3  

I must have unconsciously had a last fling before starting today because my weight is +3!

Ok, it could also be related to the amount of water I was drinking yesterday but still, I'd like to be open and accurate here even though I am not completely so about my weight outside of 3FC.

WW points has historically been my best bet for losing, so I am putting myself back onto this re-training plan for portion control. I love WW but I do tend to lose sight of portion sizes whenever I go off of it.
Old 05-30-2015, 06:07 PM   #4  

Well I'm going in the correct direction now. Lets hope it stays that way!

Tonight I'm trying to survive a house full of tweens. The dogs are in hiding, and my husband has been chased from the house. He's decided to putter around the garage.
Old 05-31-2015, 05:23 PM   #5  

No change today. Maybe I should do more overtime and less stay-cations.

The kids ran everywhere and I took them to the park to get their energy out. It worked but keeping up with them while they ran in 3 or 4 different directions physically and emotionally (tweens, remember?) wore me right out.

Thank God that DH and the kids go back to their regular schedule tomorrow. I can finally get to taking care of myself.

Last edited by SuGyong; 05-31-2015 at 05:25 PM.
Old 06-02-2015, 07:28 AM   #6  

184?! I'm going UP?!! Seriously considering just not eating for the rest of my life! I hate how I feel and I hate looking in the mirror!

Maybe I can find something compatible with night shift life! This has got to end.

Last edited by SuGyong; 06-02-2015 at 07:30 AM. Reason: my signature scale doesn't go that high.
Old 06-02-2015, 12:56 PM   #7  

Holy Nerd, Batman!!

I have stumbled across probably the most excellent thing I've ever seen!

www.nerdfitness.com

My rpg playin' comic book lovin' Star Trek uniform wearin' heart just exploded!!!
Old 06-03-2015, 12:28 PM   #8  

Height: 5'2"

My own "geekiness" gets me in trouble because it makes me sedentary. Movies, video games, goofing around on the internet... but I'm trying to exercise every day now. Watching horror movies while on a treadmill is kind of weird, but, it works!

Anyways, lots of luck! X)
Mimasaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 02:57 PM   #9  

Talking

Well I'm getting around it by getting rid of my chair at the computer. I stand instead and game. It also encourages me to do crunches and pushups while binge watching and spend less time at the desk and more time doing other things.

I still do everything normally, just while standing. If I need the chair badly enough, it's at the other end of the house and I can pick it up and carry it. When I'm done, I carry it back.

Sets me up for success.

Last edited by SuGyong; 06-03-2015 at 02:57 PM.
Old 06-03-2015, 04:34 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 190/163/127

Height: 5'2

What a wonderful idea to remove the chair from the desk! I will consider doing the same... and thanks for the nerdfitness link, I joined *blush*
lostkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 04:29 PM   #11  

Cool! What class do you think you might go with? I'm a dwarvish assassin. Ha ha! Short, wide, and deadly over short distances. Hoping to be more gnomish in the end, short and skinny and agile.

I still fill out all of the other quests I'm completing though. I might end up being scout and just not realize it. Maybe we can be each others' accountabili-buddies.

I'm down to 179. (Thank GOD!!) I thought for sure I was just going to keep going up forever.

The workout that they have is quick right now because I can't seem to get past the first of the three workout sections. I mean, I warm up and work out just the first section and then cool down because I'm EXHAUSTED.

I did however, manage to do my first HANDSTAND against a wall since I was a kid! ;

http://i528.photobucket.com/albums/d...barbarians.png
Old 06-05-2015, 06:17 PM   #12  

Today has been kind of boring. Nothing new has happened, my diet is the same, my weight is the same, it's a rest day from my workout...

Boring days are the worst because I'm more tempted to snack, sit, slob out.
Old 06-07-2015, 10:22 AM   #13  

Today is a workout day. I've been sticking with my plan almost exclusively. I like that it is very gradual and I don't feel like I'm losing out on much.

I have to slay those junk food dragons though! I started by snacking on fruit when drinking 2 glasses of water and waiting 10 minutes doesn't work.

So far, I feel pretty ok about things. Time will tell.
Old 06-10-2015, 01:30 PM   #14  

So I have been working hard on the little fights and taking control a bit more.

I've cut out the pastas and breads, and I'm almost completely fat free. However, the one thing I am happy to say I have successfully beat is sugary drinks!

I read this article that made a ton of sense about several things. Firstly, when I have drinks with calories I don't feel like I've had anything to fill my stomach but then I eat too! So I've just added a ton of calories to my body for no reason at all!

Here it is: "We also need to stop chugging liquid calories. They don’t fill us up, but they can certainly expand our waistline!

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2015...dy-player-one/

Another thing I've learned is "You can't outrun your fork." So I can't just eat whatever I want and exercise it all out. I need to eat mostly healthy and only a tiny bit (less than 5%!) unhealthy. Calculated junk, not "cheat" junk.

The other big thing I've pulled away at this time is: "We exercise because it’s fun. If the idea of running on a treadmill for three hours sounds miserable, then don’t do it! If you don’t want to lift weights, don’t do it! There are so many different ways to burn calories that any and all methods are acceptable, provided they get you results and put a smile on your face."

It's only been a little more than a week, so I'm still not completely sure if I'm going to stick this out, but so far I have to tell you honestly, that this is FUN! Calling junk food by ridiculous names like "hobgoblin" "orc" "dragon" is giving me the willpower to say no to putting it in my mouth.
Old 06-16-2015, 07:53 AM   #15  

Ok, I haven't been an every day work out person like they suggest, but I've gotten into the philosophy of "If you can't pick it off a plant or cut it off an animal, don't eat it." with the VERY occasional small ice cream (1/week) in there.

I'm down almost 10 pounds!