General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 11-30-2013, 01:40 PM   #1  
Hi, I'm Danielle!

S/C/G: 208/Ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Cool 3-1-2-1 diet by Dolvett Quince

I'm sorry if this is posted in the wrong place, but I was wondering if anyone was going to be trying the 3-1-2-1 diet by Dolvett Quince? I bought the book on my kindle and am completely intrigued. I am seriously contemplating making this lifestyle change.. is anyone up for the challenge? Maybe we can support one another?

http://www.amazon.com/3-1-2-1-Diet-W...ords=3121+diet

The only advice I could give you is to spend the extra $6 and buy the hardcover book, instead of the kindle version. I bought both now.. am waiting for my hardcover to come in the mail and in the meantime I'm going to be planning my meals out and figure out my grocery shopping etc so I can start next week.

The thing that has me the most interested in this book is that he literally lays out a 20 day meal plan for you, from breakfast to snacks to lunch and to dinners, along with recipes, the idea is to have one smart protein, one smart carb and one smart fiber per meal. Protein takes up half your plate and the smart carb and smart fiber will make up for the other half.

Anyone, anyone at all?

He also puts in there his own 48 minute work out that you will need to follow but you can do it at home. :]

If anyone is interested to do this with me, I'd love the support. <3
Savemykissesx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 12:06 AM   #2  
Claiming Victory!

S/C/G: 283/273/245 1st

Hi. I never heard of it until I read this yesterday. I have a Kindle so what is wrong with the kindle version? Thank you so much for posting this!
LuvMyMr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 01:36 AM   #3  
Hi, I'm Danielle!

Nothing is necessarily wrong with the kindle version it just makes it a lot easier to flip back and forth to everything you wanna see when you are planning meals and everything if you can physically have it in front of you.

I hope you get it.. I couldn't wait and ended up buying one at target but will return it once my amazon one comes in !
Old 12-01-2013, 08:43 AM   #4  
Claiming Victory!

I was going to check Barnes and Noble but if Target has it I am going there today! Thank you so much!!! I am definitely going to check this out!
Old 12-01-2013, 09:33 AM   #5  
Hi, I'm Danielle!

Definitely do! I think Barnes and noble has it cheaper but only by $2.. Let me know if you decide to try it out and if you wanna motivate one another
Old 12-14-2013, 12:44 AM   #6  
Claiming Victory!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savemykissesx View Post
Definitely do! I think Barnes and noble has it cheaper but only by $2.. Let me know if you decide to try it out and if you wanna motivate one another
So have you been doing it? I looked at the book today at B&N. It was pricey but I see where Target was mentioned. I will go buy it from there. Flipping through the book was interesting! I liked the 21 day meal plan.
Old 12-26-2013, 07:13 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 255/210/155

I heard about this book/plan but haven't read it yet. Do you think it's worth trying? It is an interesting concept. The "cheating" aspect seems appealing but I dunno if I'd go too crazy with that or not.
amerrylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 02:13 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 220/220/170

Height: 5'7"

Hi all, has anyone started Dolvett's diet? After researching some of the different diet plans out there, this one sounds the most doable for me -- I like the fact that he spells out exactly what to eat each day, but that there is flexibility too, especially with the "cheat days". I plan on starting Monday; tomorrow gonna go shopping and plan for the upcoming week's meals.
gigicosmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 03:01 PM   #9  

I started this diet (though slightly modified due to not liking some of the foods he uses) on Monday. It's now Friday and I'm down 3.5lbs. It has been better than any other diet I've ever tried. Certainly feels like more of a lifestyle chance that's realistic to me. Don't let the cheat days fool you. They aren't meant for you to go crazy and eat junk again. My cheat days usually consist of pork and lean beef instead of chicken and turkey and whole wheat pasta instead of brown rice and spaghetti squash. He lays everything out for you. If you just do what it says, it's hard to fail. He even puts the grocery list in there! It can't get much easier! Good luck!
illeK12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 06:41 PM   #10  

Hi there was looking into reviews on the book and I came across your post. I have the book downloaded from the library but I did just order the hardcover from Amazon today. I am planning to try this diet. Have you started it yet and if so how is it going?
chell1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 11:00 PM   #11  

Hi!
I have read the book and I am excited to get started.
Have anyone started on this 3-1-2-1 diet by Dolvett Quince ?
I was getting my shopping list together when I stumbled on your post
Hettiebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 11:04 PM   #12  

Wink 3-1-2-1 diet by Dolvett Quince

How has the 3-1-2-1 diet by Dolvett Quince gone for you?
I am in the process of getting started myself.
Old 04-26-2015, 11:14 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by illeK12 View Post
I started this diet (though slightly modified due to not liking some of the foods he uses) on Monday. It's now Friday and I'm down 3.5lbs. It has been better than any other diet I've ever tried. Certainly feels like more of a lifestyle chance that's realistic to me. Don't let the cheat days fool you. They aren't meant for you to go crazy and eat junk again. My cheat days usually consist of pork and lean beef instead of chicken and turkey and whole wheat pasta instead of brown rice and spaghetti squash. He lays everything out for you. If you just do what it says, it's hard to fail. He even puts the grocery list in there! It can't get much easier! Good luck!
I am excited to see that the diet is working for you. I will be starting in the Morning .
Are you using any of the supplements?
Old 05-27-2015, 10:10 AM   #14  

What is the concept. Is it low carb or high protein?
I use to do WW but need a change. I do try to do lower carb but I am a bit of a plain picky eater, so struggle to find something that will work for me.
wish2lose is offline   Reply With Quote