UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 05-25-2015, 12:05 PM   #1  

S/C/G: Slimming World

Default Slimming World Anyone?

I started Slimming World a few days ago and I was wondering is there anyone here from the UK or Ireland doing Slimming World as we could help to keep each other company.

My name is Julie by the way

Last edited by foreverslim; 05-25-2015 at 12:15 PM.
foreverslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 04:00 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 238/224/168

Height: 5'9"

Smile Slimming World

Hi, I'm doing SW on my own at home. I started on 15th April and weighted myself today and have lost 1 stone. Am amazed as it's been a really difficult month emotionally for me and I have had the odd few days when I've cheated! I usually follow Green Days as I'm a veggie. How are you getting on?
BJ255 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 04:44 AM   #3  

Yes I am too.
I've been doing it at home, I'm not sure if i've lost anything yet though because my scales were dodgy and i've only just got some decent ones.
I'm doing extra easy and i really like it. I am struggle a bit with not having too many syns and i'm spending a bloody fortune on food

what are your favourite recipes?
I love overnight oats
webb89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 07:48 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 202/202/128

Height: 5'1"

Hiya *waves*
I'm doing SW too - just started group yesterday. I'm doing Extra Easy - and a little bit baffled just now by the sheer amount of food I can eat, if I want to! Not really trusting the plan until I know I'm not going to be a stone heavier on first weigh in! Lol...
Never tried overnight oats - I might give it a bash!

webb89 - I feel you on spending a lot on food though!
thejoyofanonymity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 12:11 PM   #5  

Wow it actually does work. I am very pleased and surprised that i lost 5lbs this week!!! I can't believe it
today has gone down the pan a bit as i had a bbq at my grandads but will be back on it again in the morning
How are you all getting on?
Old 06-01-2015, 10:51 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 202/202/128

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by webb89 View Post
Wow it actually does work. I am very pleased and surprised that i lost 5lbs this week!!! I can't believe it
today has gone down the pan a bit as i had a bbq at my grandads but will be back on it again in the morning
How are you all getting on?
Wow! Well done I don't weigh in until Wednesday...keeping everything crossed I get that kind of weight loss too!
thejoyofanonymity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 07:00 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 298/276/199

Height: 5 ft 11

Hi all! Yes, me too....SW online! Just hopped over from ******** after it closed this week!

Hope to see some good numbers from us all over the coming months! Xx
Haninhudds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 12:23 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverslim View Post
I started Slimming World a few days ago and I was wondering is there anyone here from the UK or Ireland doing Slimming World as we could help to keep each other company.

My name is Julie by the way
great ! Wish you success!!
clairelv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 04:15 AM   #9  

Hey how are you all getting on? I lost another 2.5lbs this week

I'm trying an aldi shop tonight, hoping not to spend as much as usual. I'm almost broke thanks to this diet but it will be worth it. Any tips on any syn free or low syn things to buy? Or what to avoid?!
Old 06-06-2015, 03:22 AM   #10  
Buzzy little bee

S/C/G: 203/174/153

Height: 5ft 6

I have been doing Slimming World for around 10 weeks (since March 12th) and have lost 30lbs ... which I am thrilled about. Things have slowed down a bit now... losing about 1lb a week but I am pleased with that as I am eating loads and enjoying the plan.

Well done all you ladies losing... keep up the good work. xx
DeliciousBoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 10:55 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 298/276/199

Height: 5 ft 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by webb89 View Post
Hey how are you all getting on? I lost another 2.5lbs this week

I'm trying an aldi shop tonight, hoping not to spend as much as usual. I'm almost broke thanks to this diet but it will be worth it. Any tips on any syn free or low syn things to buy? Or what to avoid?!
The one thing I find really useful to alway have in the cupboard are to atoe pasta and sweet and sour noodle mug shots. Both are free. I think the cheese ones a re 1 point. Im a veggie so don't know how many syns the meaty ones are.

They are great to have in, when you start to get 'mentally hungry'.

Also, having a freddo in always helps me...I don't always need to eat it but it's always there and at 5 syns it's not the end of the world to have a one two or three times a week with a cuppa! x
Haninhudds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 11:10 AM   #12  

Nooo i can't stand mug shots . I bought a load from b&m but i didn't like any flavour. I love low fat supernoodles though.
I always have a stash of curlywurlys they're 6 syns and mikado are half a syn each

Deliciousboo that's amazing well done
Old 06-09-2015, 09:10 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 237.4 / 228.6 / 140

Height: 5' 7''

Hi all!

I'm kind of doing SW at home at the moment. I did it a few years ago and had some great success with it but I've had to tweak it slightly to make it more sustainable for me. I'm mentally counting syns but have more of a focus on calorie content at the moment. Still applying the red/green day rules though but this is my first week of trying this new method so will have to see how it goes So far, so good!

I'm more of a savoury person than sweet and I like to keep a bag of mini pepperami in the fridge for when I feel like snacking. They're under 40 calories each and only 2 syns on a green day and 1 on a red day. If I take super small nibbles of it I can make it last ages If I do have a sweet craving, a can of sugar free Irn Bru always takes the edge off!
MaoMao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 01:06 PM   #14  

Hi MaoMao ooh I love pepperamis too, i will definitely look out for those. I use diet coke if i'm in need of a quick fix.

I bought the wrong cereal bars from aldi last week but they taste amazing so i'm using them for syns this week - 6 per bar but worth it.
It's my boyfriends birthday tomorrow so i am taking him out for a carvery, i thought that would be best so i can add loads of veg and I have made him a coffee cake that i just want to plunge my face in to but I WILL resist it :P
Old 06-09-2015, 03:10 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 237.4 / 228.6 / 140

Height: 5' 7''

Ooh coffee cake! I'm a sucker for anything coffee...luckily I take mine black without sugar so there's no syns but coffee flavoured treats...mmm... time to change the subject!

6 syns per bar isn't so bad, just the same as a curlywurly and if they're nice then that's just as good Another thing I though of that I loooove to snack on are gherkins and pickled onions. They're both free too but I could go through a whole jar in a night if I'm not careful
MaoMao is offline   Reply With Quote