Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2004, 11:13 AM   #1  
Crazy Canuck

Default Weekly weigh-in...Feb. 7-15

Down .2 - that after being perfectly on plan from Monday through Friday. It just goes to show that when you "blow it" on the weekend, it really does take Mon. through Fri. to recover from the previous Sat. & Sun. Okay that's it, I MUST make it through this weekend on plan so I have nothing to recover from next week. Geez, I did it religiously for over a year, I can do it again!!

So Sandi (Keeper of all numbers), my contribution this week towards the ton we propose to lose this year is less than a drop in the bucket (good thing I'm in a quartet ). As for the annual weight-loss count, my post New Year's weigh-in was 164.3 and today I'm 162 bang on, so my total 2004 loss so far is 2.3lbs. Wow, things have changed...I went back to my first weight watchers booklet (back in 2002) and during a comparable period of time I lost 12lbs!

BTW, I haven't changed my signature because I need to keep my pre-Christmas low as my "CW" for motivational purposes. Of course, once I drop under that I'll be changing it for sure!
Old 02-07-2004, 11:24 AM   #2  
Losing It :D

Unhappy Weigh-In

Well, Im still the same!!! 258 I did Splurge quite a bit this week AHHHH
i really have to get my butt in gear. I have been slacking on excersie too..Why am I loosing my motivation? I felt so great when I was loosing, why cant I feel like that now...

Well I'll stop complaining....Talk to you all later,

amanda
Old 02-07-2004, 10:38 PM   #3  

Default weigh in and numbers

Good evening everyone! I am not sure if it was on this thread or another one, but I got my results back from the hospital regarding my "numbers". A couple weeks ago I fasted and then had my cholesterol, weight, height, bp, bmi, and carotid bruit checked for evidence of heart disease or stroke. I was a little anxious about it, I admit, and it did not help that I was starting to get sick that morning, but I am soooo glad that I went and got things rolling.

Today I went in and got the results and they are as follows:
Height 65 1/2 in
Weight 242.9 (this was almost 5 lbs different than my scale )
BMI 40 (knew that would be high, but that is what I am working on!)
BP 120/76
Glucose 109 (65-110)
Cholesterol 159 (120-200)
Triglycerides 76 (<150)
HDL (good) 70 (>40)
LDL (bad) 74 (<100)

and no carotid bruit detected (good!)

I think my glucose is a little too close to the upper limit and I am prehypertensive. So, I plan on making an appt with my doctor sometime soon to see if she would like me to take any steps on those two items. I think that losing this weight will definitely help in all areas, so I am glad that I have that started!

I also weighed myself here at home and I am now down to 234.5 So far I have lost 25.5 pounds in 1 month. I am going to continue using my scale numbers as my guideline since that is what I started with, then I can keep track that way.

Amanda and Jillegal to both of you! I was very discouraged last week after gaining, and then on Monday I read my horoscope (out of habit) and it said..."This bump is a small one, but the rewards will be like a mountain." That seemed to wake me up and make me realize that yes I am going to have slow weeks or weeks that I stay the same or even gain, but I have to remember that those are small in consideration to the overall change that I am going through. Hope that helped Not much of a motivational speaker
Old 02-08-2004, 01:39 AM   #4  
Losing Again!

I maintained this week...grrrrrr. The official excuse this week is...three straight days of big snowstorms made me eat. The truth is, I went out those three nights in search of candy, and instead of buying one candy bar, I bought three and promptly ate them all, three nights in a row.

Today I went to the store and bought lots of good stuff, came home made some salsa and now have good groceries for the next several weeks. Anyone know how to cut up a papaya?
Old 02-08-2004, 01:06 PM   #5  

Hello everyone. Jodi, glad all your results were good. Dana, I went and did my grocery shopping too and have everything I need for a healthy week of eating. I am not sure about the papaya cutting, I still struggle with mangos! As for my week, well, what can I say. I am mortified. I am up 3 lbs this week. My weight does this, I can jump up five pounds and then be down six the following week. I am trying to not feel discouraged but it is hard not too. My rings will barely move and I feel puffy so I know some of it may be water. The other admission is that I ate the wrong things this week. I had a stressful week and as much as I try to deny that I eat under stress, I do. So, maybe that is a gift to have such an awareness. But I am annoyed at myself and frustrated that I can't seem to get and stay on program and succeed at attaining a healthier life. You all are doing so well and that is motivating. Hope this week will be better. I know it is all down to me. The worst part of all was that I had reached my Valentine's goal and if I don't have a great week, I will have blown it. Rrrrrrr...
Old 02-08-2004, 11:57 PM   #6  
You can do it!!!!

S/C/G: 294/260/200

Height: 5'3

Well....down another 3 this week....yippy skippy!!!! Total of 15 loss in three weeks.

Everyone else.....Let's get this party started!!!!!!!!! Keep it up, smile, and give ourselves a ((((((((((HUG)))))))))) We can do this!!!!!!
Old 02-09-2004, 07:40 AM   #7  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Default Weekly weigh in .... Feb 15-21

Lost 1 lb this week.. same lb I had lost last week.

Slow and easy wins the race.
Old 02-09-2004, 08:20 AM   #8  
Devilish Little Thing

S/C/G: 246/ticker/145

Height: 5ft5

Well, I forgot to weigh myself last week, life just gets in the way sometimes

The last time I recorded my weight was Monday 1-26-04 and I was @ 238.5, today I am @ 231.5 YAY!! Finally some signs of loss! I started the WW point program and that has helped alot!

Only 3.5lbs to go until my V-Day Goal!!!
Old 02-09-2004, 09:29 AM   #9  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

292. Stayed the same.

"Do what you have always done and you'll get what you have always got"

Next week will be a loss!!!
Old 02-09-2004, 10:37 AM   #10  

good morning ladies. hope you all had a great weekend. my wi is usually on tuesday, but i have changed it to monday mornings and showed a 4 lb loss. of course i am using different scales, but i am going to take the loss anyway, because this is the scales that i will be using from now on and i have been op all week and even got in more exercise, so who knows it might have even been more than 4 lbs.
jolee, your number look good.
jenaya, remember this is a new week with diffent circumstances and you will over come.
gina, yo go girl, congrats on the 3 lb. loss.
slimdown, congrats on the loss. keep up the good work.
shelby, 7 lb. wow congrats.
sandy, congrats on the positive outlook
check back later. the boss is about to come in.
Old 02-09-2004, 12:33 PM   #11  

OK ... why is it that so many of us found ourselves STRESS EATING last week? I'm up 2 pounds ... and I know it's related to stress eating ... one of those days was weather-induced stress eating. UGHH!!!
Old 02-09-2004, 01:45 PM   #12  
Crazy Canuck

I think it's because it's so much easier to relieve stress during the winter with food, and not just any food, but the good ol' comfort food. I find in the good weather I'm more likely to work off stress and vent frustration by going for a long walk, crawling up the sides of mountains (okay, big hills) or beating the heck out of a tennis ball on the courts - but in the winter I curl up under a comforter on the couch watching TV, fretting about whatever has brought on the stress and mindlessly munching on anything that will bring comfort (and believe me, carrot sticks just don't do it). Also, since it's dark when I go to work and dark when I get home, I'm really beginning to believe that theory about lack of natural light depleting energy and affecting mood so that you're more likely to zone out on the couch than exercise. I can't wait for spring, bring it on!!!!
Old 02-10-2004, 09:56 AM   #13  

Down 0.5 this week. Was pretty well behaved this week - thought that I would see a better loss. Hmph.

Ah well....a loss is a loss, so I'll take it!!

Hang in there everybody...sounds like people should see some pretty great results next week!
Old 02-10-2004, 10:15 AM   #14  
You can do it!!!!

S/C/G: 294/260/200

Height: 5'3

Smile

kris....a half a pound is 2 sticks of butter gone, poof, disapeared, melted off your body.....that is fantastic...you go!!!!!
When it is put like that, I'll take all or any sticks of butter of my BOD...don't cha agree?????
Old 02-10-2004, 10:15 AM   #15  

CONGRATS kris on the loss. and you are right a loss is a loss.
Closed Thread