Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2004, 07:18 AM   #1  
Mom, Queen of Everything

Default Tuesday Chat - February 10th

Good morning to one and all!

Things have been just so busy lately that some days I feel I can hardly catch my breath! I'm starting to get just a weeeeeee bit concerned about the rate of my weight loss, however. I've been steadfastly logging in my foods, etc., into FITDAY, and see that since 12/27 I've lost 3.35 per week. Yes, some weeks are more/less than others but overall the loss is impressing even me. I'm taking my vitamins religiously, and exercising more than I used to, but definitely not a lot. I find that I'm standing more while teaching and sitting less. I'm also keeping strictly to a 1,200 calorie a day regiment, and making sure my total intake keeps within the prescribed fat/protein/carb guidelines. These are all good things, but I would like to know from others out there if there's such a thing as losing weight too fast. I realize that eventually the weight loss will slow, but I'm just curious if anyone has had such an experience where the weight seems to be melting off and if this is a bad thing. Look at me, hit over 40 and all of a sudden I'm worried about health! In my 20's I used to crash off 25 pounds in a month and not worry a bit!

Hope everyone has a good one.....
Old 02-10-2004, 07:27 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning Everyone,

Paula, WOW your doing excellent w/the weight loss, if you are conserned then increase your calories/carbs just a wee bit and see what happens, like to 1400. I never have "problems" losing fast, gee, sounds kinda nice but I understand your concerns. When I was in my 20s I lost 150 pounds in one year, mostly b/c I starved myself (young and stupid yup).

I'm home again today DD woke up all thru the night and at 5:30 this morning was crying and saying her teeth hurt (we are waiting for her molers to come in) so besides the cold, this could also be whats going on in that little body of hers. I just can't go into work today w/her feeling like this.

Hey anyone got any Valentines plans ? do you go out, celebrate at home, do you bake, or cook dinner, what do you usually do ?

This year like every year, we don't really do anything. Just exchange cards but since the wee one is starting to pick up on things, I bought a box of barbie cards for her to give out w/her scribbles on (to her cousins aunts and gma), she had a ball doing it. Friday we are going out to eat w/some friends and family, so that will be a nice treat.

I need to get my christmas decorations in my front yard put away, normally they are down but w/all the snow and freezing weather, they are kinda frozen in the ground lol. This weekend for sure.

Besides I can't wait to decorate for Easter (WARM WEATHER OOOOH JOY). can't wait can't wait !!!!

Speaking of Easter, I think I did mention this but lent is next week, 25th. So for lent and this is going to be a killer, I am NOT going to cheat on my diet, thats 40 days y'all.......DEEP BREATH~~ BREATH BREATH

Watcha all going to do ? Its a cool thing Lent.

Okay I've blabbed enough

TTYL, Love Leenie
Old 02-10-2004, 08:37 AM   #3  

UGH! Can I just say how much I hate old habits! I woke up this morning, and still in a daze went into the fridge and grabbed a coke. Bad, bad habit I used to/still have. I continued with my morning, packing lunches, making breakfast, etc. My 10 year old son walked into the kitchen and says, mom, why are you drinking a soda? EEEKKKK! I didn't even realize what I had done! So, I only drank about half of it, and just dumped the rest out! I need to try harder at this way of eating! I guess just when I thought I was doing good, I give myself a wakeup call that I'm not! So, I'll just do better for the rest of the day, and try to make my decisions when I'm a little more awake.

Leenie- I think I'm with you on the Lent thing. That is a great idea, to actually stick with the diet for a full 40 days! I'd also like to add in that I'll faithfully exercise 4 times a week. I hope your daughter is feeling better soon. It is no fun when they are teething.

Spedmom- Congrats on the weight loss! I hope that I can do the same! I also think that as long as you are eating, and not going hungry, and your ratios are good, not to worry about it. Sounds like your doing great!

Everyone else, have a great day! I'm just cleaning house today! Fun! Fun!
Old 02-10-2004, 08:42 AM   #4  
Total Sass Bucket

Sped: I've been watching you melt off those pounds and been jealous girl! You're simply melting away! I don't know what's too fast though but I'm not thinking you're in any danger at the moment so relax a bit and enjoy it!

My life continues to get way too hectic all at once. Still working on that stupid workbook for my class (9 chapters left by Saturday- I'm so going to get it done) and we continue to have a test about every other day. My friend decided to go ahead and have radiation treatments which I'm incredibly relieved. I was so afraid she would decline. Yesterday someone I went to high school hung himself, I don't even know all of the details. I know he was having some financial problems but I don't believe anyone ever expected this. And... on Thursday I have to give a deposition about something that happened here at work 2.5 years ago when I started. I'm incredibly disgusted because no one said a word to me or asked me anything about it until this past Friday. After the accident, no one even questioned me! So now I have to wrack my brain to remember everything very very clearly. I even called my Dad last night and freaked out to him about it. Honestly, if things don't slow down here I'm just going to take a day and stay in bed.

Leenie: I've been toying around with the idea of giving something up for Lent, although I normally don't do so. I still haven't figured out what yet. As for Valentine's Day... my bf and I are going out to dinner and then going shopping so we can buy each other's gifts.... lol... his schedule is just as hectic as mine and rather than run around trying to get it done, we just decided to spend the time together on Saturday to go shopping and eat out.
Old 02-10-2004, 08:42 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

Morning,

Ahh a fabulous day off of work, I'm glad I decided to do this, but I'm still up at the crack of dawn, although there is an amazing sunrise today.

Sped, I checked my first few months on Atkins in Fitday to see. For the first 3 months I lost an average of 3.95lbs per week. Now that I'm 6 months in I'm around 2-2.5 per week. But there are alot of contributing factors for me, I'm in the old fat now, the first 40lbs were still new and fresh. Your body can safely metabolize that much fat a week, it's just said to be harder to keep it off if it's rapid as the habits don't have a long time to gel into your lifestyle, then there's the skin but I found that once the weight slowed down a bit, my skin had a chance to catch up and is now exactly where it should be, thank god, I was getting worried for awhile there, I did not want a kangaroo pouch! Just sounds like you're doing things right and your body will adjust. And if you're really concerned, there's always the doctor .

Leenie- Hope your daughter feels better soon, gosh all the children around here are sick with worried moms. Nice you could take a day off work for her though, it's so nice to be taken care of when you're sick. For Valentine's df always cooks up some "thing" for us to do. Last year he rented a cabin and made it into a spa. There was a menu for dinner and a list of all the "services" the spa provided. Needless to say a good time was had by all. I think this year we're going to Jakarta, there's an amazing theme suite hotel in town hidden amongst these old run down buildings but inside, omg, it's something to see. But I'll find out on Saturday and be sure to report back!

Tummy
Old 02-10-2004, 08:43 AM   #6  
Total Sass Bucket

oops, missed ya nutski.... good morning! dangit and tummy! Hi to you too!
Old 02-10-2004, 08:45 AM   #7  
Baby Steps

nutski--you at least had the excuse that you were half asleep. When I put the pistacchios (and that muffin) into my mouth I was wide awake. Don't beat yourself up too hard

Leenie--The idea of staying OP for Lent is a very good one. Just not sure I could go w/out chocolate during TOM. But I'll declare I'll TRY to stay on program. lol. I'll also try and exercise more. Thanks for getting us motivated

Spedmom--Wish I could help you on whether it's supposed to come off that fast. Wish it would for me! lol. I would think as long as you're feeling fine and keeping everything where it should be that the amount of weight you're losing is ok. It's not like you're starving yourself to do it right?

Me--One pound of the 2 that the scale increased by is gone. Hopefully today or tomorrow the other is gone and hopefully by the weekend another drops off. And hopefully this time it STAYS off!! I'll know to stay away from the muffins (which I froze) and the pistacchios for quite a while yet. I'm hoping to exercise more and maybe that'll help. Tonight DD and I will be going to hunters' safety. Oh joy, I get to sit and listen to talk about guns while I've got no clue about them (except which end NOT to point at other people or myself. lol). Good thing we won't be touching guns for a while! lol

Hope you all have a great day
Old 02-10-2004, 08:47 AM   #8  
Baby Steps

Oops! Missed some in between there

Shimma---hopefully you'll get that workbook done on time. I'm sure you will at the rate you're working on it

Tummy--Have a great day off
Old 02-10-2004, 10:28 AM   #9  
Movin' and Losin'

Hey, ladies! Just wanted to pop in quick to say "Hi!" I weighed in last night and gained 1.5 pounds!! I really don't understand these gains at all. I did exactly the same things that I did the week prior to lose 7.5 pounds. It just doesn't make any sense to me!?!? I'm really trying hard not to get frustrated and give up. I just really hate gains when I can't find any reason why I should have gained. Some people can lose like crazy and not even exercise. I feel like I'm eating right and exercising, and I'm gaining weight!!? WHY??? I've been gaining and losing the same pounds for months now! It sucks.

Hope everyone has a great day, and I'll be back later!

Take care,
Jina
Old 02-10-2004, 10:51 AM   #10  
Head Princess

Jina! That's totally frustrating! Sometimes our bodies just fight us so hard on these things. I know you'll end up kicking butt all over the place!

Brenda - have fun at hunter's safety. I love shooting! But I tend to stick to the handguns.

Tummy!

Shimma - what a dramatic life you have! You're a tough girl to have all this happening around you and still stay sane.

Nutski - maybe get all that evil coke out of the fridge? My mom has almost sabotaged my efforts more than once. She's a serious chocoholic. Every room in her house except for the bathrooms has an open dish of m&m's. I can't tell you how many times I've absently picked some up and then caught myself just as they were about to go into my mouth!

Hi Leenie! I'm not religious, but my parents are and every year at V-day, the youth (teenagers) at the church put on a dinner and dance for the adults called the Sweetheart Ball. Every year has it's own theme. The kids do skits in between dinner and dancing and it's really a lot of fun. So dh and I are going to that with the fam after the dinner portion is done since I'm not going near egg rolls and sweet & sour anything!
Old 02-10-2004, 10:58 AM   #11  
Total Sass Bucket

Star: This is pretty much par for the course. I've had a pretty eventful life as far back as I can remember. The only thing really stressing me out right now is that deposition!!!! Ugh. Well, the deposition and whether or not bacon has any significant carbs because my 3 pieces on fitday end up at .14something.
Old 02-10-2004, 11:06 AM   #12  
Head Princess

Sorry - I didn't finish! The boss called me and I had to go running! Aside from the sweetheart ball, dh and I will either go out for dinner or (or more likely) have an indoor, candle light picnic. We don't get much alone time so I'm looking forward to it!

Spedmom - I'm agreeing with what's been said. Enjoy it while you can because it will slow down! I started off zooming, too, but now it's down to less than a 2 pound per week average. I'm still happy! I've lost almost 60 pounds now - I'm ok slowing down

I was sooooo good yesterday! I did not touch any alcohol. I drank only decaf green tea and water. I didn't munch out of control. Yeah! Oh! And yesterday was the first day in months that I've seen blue skies and even though it was only 45 degrees, I pulled my bike out between work and class and went for a quick 4 mile ride. It felt so gooooooooood! It looks like we may get up to 50 degrees today so I'll get another one today.
Old 02-10-2004, 12:15 PM   #13  

Oh Star, I'm so jealous! I just got a new bike and I can't wait to go for a ride. But, here I am in Wisconsin under a good foot of snow and ice! Only 39 days till spring, lol, soon I'll be able to ride too! You live in a beautiful area for bike rides too, love it out there. My Dh and I lived in western Washington when we were first married, I miss it so much. We always talk about moving back there when the kids are gone and we retire. Enjoy your bike ride!!
Old 02-10-2004, 12:30 PM   #14  
Total Sass Bucket

Ok, now I'm stressed. Just got my notice of deposition and they want me to bring a bazillion things I don't have!!!!! And all I'm thinking about is the huge box of candy in the teacher's lounge. Can we say comfort food??????? Ugh, I've been so good and I think I'm going to end up caving in.
Old 02-10-2004, 12:53 PM   #15  
Head Princess

Do Not Cave!!!!

Not only will it not give you comfort, but you'll feel worse. Be strong, Shimma! If you don't have it, you don't have it. Big deal. What are they gonna do about it? Take some deep breaths, drink some water, check for hip-bones . That candy won't do anything for you.

I'm flexing over here for you!
Closed Thread