Old 10-03-2014, 10:07 AM   #1  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

Cool ~*One Year of Accountability*~

This thread is for me, and anyone else who would like to join me, for accountability of my actions for one year. My inspiration came from LaurieDawn, who created a thread for her one year commitment to health, which I joined in on but eventually became sidetracked.

I woke up this morning, weighed myself, and realized I have quickly put back on 20lbs since losing 30 lbs of pregnancy weight. This is NOT good. My clothes are tight, I saw a number on the scale that I never wanted to see again, and I feel very sluggish and winded when I play with our sweet baby boy. A 26 year old new mama should never feel that way! My husband loves my curves and thinks I am still beautiful, which melts my heart! I do want to lose some of the excess, and I have assured him the curves stay, because I have always been very curvy and I love my curves!

So here's to my one year of accountability. I am not looking to lose an extreme amount of weight, I just want to really focus on getting my health back and toning up. There will be slip ups along the way, I have accepted myself for not being perfect. But I am going to do this the healthy way, slow and steady, focusing on ten pounds at a time.

Who's with me?

Last edited by Pink Hurricane; 12-21-2014 at 10:05 AM.
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 04:36 PM   #2  
*Embrace Power*

Today has been a very productive day thus far! I stayed on plan for breakfast, lunch, and snacks. Tonight's dinner will be coconut battered buffalo wings with steamed broccoli and cheese. I am following a carb conscious plan, similar to ketogenic diets and closely following the Trim Healthy Mama plan, minus all of the weird sweeteners. I was able to get to the bank, store, and did a walk around the neighborhood with our sweet baby and I have been chasing after him all day!

Everytime I want to have something off plan, I remind myself that I need to keep my focus. I will not restrict myself and bake something yummy or enjoy a nice treat once a week without guilt

This morning yielded a 5lb weight loss. I know it's water weight but it's a start!

Last edited by Pink Hurricane; 10-04-2014 at 04:36 PM.
Old 10-06-2014, 09:48 AM   #3  

Height: 5'5"

When you posted this, I took a couple of days to really think about it. This could be really good for me! I don't think I want to commit to losing weight for one year, but I do want to commit to focusing on weight control for a year. From May of 2012 to December of 2012, I went from 278 lbs to 203 (or 4, I never remember), and then sort of maintained under 220 for a long time before ballooning back up to 240.

This time, I think I want to just commit to being mindful even if I am not in full-blown weight loss mode. I can do weight loss mode. I have never really mastered maintenance mode.

So, from 10/06/2014, I commit to posting here at least three times a week every week.

Yay for dropping the 5 pounds! Seeing that early scale movement is incredibly rewarding. And congrats on the new tot. Last time we were doing the 1-year challenge, I believe you were planning your wedding. And I had just started dating my now-husband. =)
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 05:26 PM   #4  
*Embrace Power*

Laurie thank you and congrats on your marriage!! How exciting! I remember you were dating him! Yes haha you remember that, I was so stressed but it turned out beautiful. Although I loved our JOP wedding in September 2012, it was so perfect!! :-D When did y'all get married?

Your weight loss in 2012 was astounding and I have always seen you as inspiration. I know all too well about ballooning back up! I agree with you, I too am focusing on being mindful and have a goal of weight I would like to lose, but really I am trying to understand how my emotions can affect my weight.

I am really excited you are joining me in this, it is good to talk to you again and encourage each other on our journey of mindfulness! I plan to post the same amount each week as part of my commitment!
Old 10-06-2014, 06:08 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

I'd be willing to post here with you. I have been keeping myself accountable, or trying to, through my own means (excel sheets). If I happen to hit my goal before the year is up, then I want to stay accountable for maintenance. I'll also commit to posting here at least three times a week, though it'll likely be daily. I check these forums far too much while I'm suppose to be working. I'm not entirely sure what's suppose to make up the contents of the post, so if I'm doing it wrong just tell me, lol.

Congrats on the initial 5 lbs loss, I know seeing the scale go down in chunks is really uplifting. Energy to keep up with a little one is also a goal of mine. I'm doing weight watchers, so I'll be posting the points values of my food.

My meal plan for today -
Breakfast - Carnation Instant Breakfast drink (4 Points)
Snack - Cherry Yoplait light yogurt and a small apple (2 points)
Lunch - BBQ chicken tenders with mashed potatos (11 points)
Snack - Banana (0 points)
Dinner - Pork potstickers 5 pieces (14 points)
Snack - Carnation Breakfast Drink (4 Points)

Daily Total/Allowed: 35/37
Weekly points Used: 0/35

I am going grocery shopping tomorrow. We're down to some bare bones stuff. Normally I try and do a smoothie to get some more fruit/veggies in.. but we're nearly out of fruit, I'm out of plain yogurt, and we don't have any veggies left .

For exercise today I did 30 minutes of sweat mode on the game "Just Dance 2014". Mental health-wise, I was having a difficult day/week because I've been hanging around 239/238 for almost two weeks now.. today I went back over and looked through my post for the September daily weigh-in thread. It reminded me that I have been losing every week, even if the loss is small and I have some days where the scale doesn't budge. This lifted my spirits.
sunarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 12:31 PM   #6  

Sunarie - Welcome! As everyone says, it's the trends that matter, not the day-to-day weight. I am almost back down to the weight I was last Wednesday, but I trend downward, so I am trying not to let it mess with my mind. Trying. ;-) And yes, the year thing, at least for me, is an acknowledgement that this is not a nosedive to the lowest weight I can attain before I give up. Rather, it's a way to acknowledge that weight control is a lifelong struggle.

PinkHurricane - I got married in May. It was kind of a surprise. I had gone away for a week with my oldest son in March. My now-husband had always said that he might eventually get married again, but not for a long time. On my vacation with my son, I had done some thinking and decided that I actually liked things the way they were, and would be happy with the status quo for the indefinite future. The morning after my return, he suggested I take a half-day off so we could go ring shopping. After a great deal of thought and trepidation on my part, we decided to just do a quickie wedding in the backyard, and the rest is history. Probably way more than you wanted to know. =)

I am slowly inching toward Onederland. 202.8 this morning. But I really think that I tend to go through stalls when I ovulate (haven't really examined patterns, but this seems to be a trend), and I believe I am ovulating, so I am hoping for a whoosh soon.

Last edited by LaurieDawn; 10-07-2014 at 12:32 PM.
Old 10-07-2014, 01:34 PM   #7  

Laurie - Congrats on your wedding, even if it's a few months late! Thank you for sharing. Fingers crossed you get your whoosh soon and it sends you into Onederland.

Yesterday I kept on meal plan, so yay Today's meal plan:

Breakfast: Breakfast Drink (4 points)
Snack: Banana and Yoplait Light (2 points)
Lunch: 2 Baked Chicken Quesadillas (16 points)
Snack: Small Apple (0 Points)
Dinner: 5 Mu Shu Lettuce Wraps (10 points)
Snack: Celery with 2 Tbls Ranch (4 points)

Daily Total/Allowed: 36/37

I don't know that I'll eat a full 5. I haven't made the lettuce wraps before and I'm not really sure how large they are. Was just going with the points I had leftover after everything else planned for today.

For my workout I did the Stability and Mobility 1 video (29 min.) from Daily Burn. My scale didn't move much from yesterday, but still on a downward trend for the week.. plus I broke into 237 at 237.8! Feeling good now that pantries are restocked and there's food to snack on in the house!

Last edited by sunarie; 10-07-2014 at 01:37 PM.
Old 10-08-2014, 12:31 PM   #8  

Thanks, sunarie!

Hectic day at work. I'm 202.0. Hopefully, I will finally break through to the land of Onederland in the next week or so. But I feel good physically, and really prefer to be on plan than feeling guilty about everything I eat, so even if I have to wait longer, I think I can still feel good about things. (And, really, maintaining at 202 would be so much better than going back up to 240-250, where I seem to have spent most of my time the last 10 years or so, or my high of 278.)

One day at a time. One victory at a time.
Old 10-08-2014, 01:38 PM   #9  

Laurie - I definitely agree with you there. When I first started my weight loss journey I was actually around 260 lbs. I dropped down to 245 quick enough and then just sorta stayed there for weeks, which is when I decided to join this forum and try out weight watchers. 245ish is where I have hovered for the past 5-6 years. I was sooo glad to see 239 on my scale because I had finally broken 240. So, I haven't really lost much yet since I joined 3FC, but I'd still rather maintain than put back on what little I have lost. So, your attitude is awesome

I weighed in at the same 238.0 today, so up .2 lbs, but I also didn't sleep well last night, and I've noticed my weight tends to go up when I sleep less. Not by a ton or anything. Had a bad day where depression flared up a bit, and insomnia came with it. I didn't eat anything extra, just sorta laid curled up in bed. I am feeling better now though. I've found on medication I still have a bad day here or there, but it usually doesn't last long.

Meal plan for today:
Snack: Apple and Yoplait Light (2 points)
Lunch: 2 servings Biscuit Chicken Pot Pie (16 points)
Snack: Blueberry Agave Smoothie (8 Points)
Dinner: Can of Progresso Light soup (4 points)
Snack: Chocolate Raspberry Ice Cream Bar (2 points)

Oh! Almost forgot. Workout today is Core 1 (20 minutes) from the True Beginner program of Daily Burn.

Last edited by sunarie; 10-08-2014 at 01:39 PM.
Old 10-09-2014, 01:12 PM   #10  

I weighed in at 237.2 today, yay! Sad news is my blender broke yesterday. This resulted in no smoothie for yesterday, instead I just did some more yogurt and added some granola to it.. so I actually came in at 32/37 points for yesterday instead. New blender is ordered and it'll be here in a few days. Excited cause I got a Ninja A smaller, cheaper one.. but still a Ninja!

Meal plan for today:
Snack: Yoplait Light (2 points)
Lunch: 2 servings Biscuit Chicken Pot Pie leftovers (16 points)
Snack: Fruit Salad (4 points)
Dinner: Baked Chicken Quesadilla (6 points)
Snack: Regular Yogurt (4 points)

For exercise I'm doing 40 minutes of Just Dance sweat routine. It's 10 songs in a row with faster dance moves to keep you moving around
Old 10-10-2014, 01:31 PM   #11  

Eeek, feel like I'm taking over the thread, but I do like posting what I am eating/doing for exercise daily. I'm down to 236.6 today. Every day is a new lowest number on the scale now, which is kind of an awesome feeling. Since I kept below 237 for two days I've taken one point off from my daily allowance. next point off comes at 230.

Meal plan for today:
Lunch: 2 servings Biscuit Chicken Pot Pie leftovers (16 points)
Snack: Fruit Salad (4 points)
Dinner: 1 serving Chicken Pot Pie leftovers (8 points)
Snack: WW Triple Chocolate Ice Cream Bar (3 points)

Daily Total/Allowed: 35/36

Yes, lots of chicken pot pie recently. I made way too much, boyfriend didn't like it so now I'm the only one eating the leftovers, and if it is in the fridge beyond today I'm going to stop touching it and throw it out.

Did another 40 minutes of Just Dance today instead of Daily Burn routine. Waiting on my mom to ship me my set of Zumba DVDs so that I can start that up in place of Daily Burn. Want to drop the sub fee.
Old 10-10-2014, 04:53 PM   #12  
*Embrace Power*

Sunarie welcome!!! Haha post as much as you want! I would have been posting more had the past few days not been hectic. I am glad you are here with us! I enjoyed weight watchers when I did it years ago, had a lot of success! Awesome losses too, I love when the scalekeeps moving like that!

Laurie that is so cute about your marriage! I agree with you though, once I get into the lower 200s I will be excited if I make it to Onederland but I know I am happy and healthy in the lower 200s! One day and victory at a time is the best way to do it!

Sorry I haven't posted for a few days! Getting ready for a big job change plus a sick hubby, who is better now, had me too busy to get on but I am here ! I have been on plan all week minus one meal, which I am not going to beat myself up for, but not weighing in since it's TOM and I hold water like crazy during it. I am thinking of starting Insanity soon, I need a good body resistance routine!
Old 10-11-2014, 02:30 PM   #13  

Pink Hurricane - I hope your job change goes well, and that hubby doesn't pass the sickness on to you (which is what seems to happen most the time in our house). Yay for being on plan pretty much all week! I've heard good things about insanity, but I personally want to be a little more physically fit before I try at, as I hear it's extremely tough. Want to get my cardio up to par, and get out of the true beginner stuff from Daily Burn.

I'm back up to 237.0 today, but still a pretty big loss for me overall for only a few days, so I'm still happy about it. Also, my new blender came in today! So yummy smoothies to break it in.

Meal plan for today:
Snack: Regular Yoplait Yogurt (4 points)
Lunch: Mu Shu Chicken Lettuce Wraps (10 points)
Snack: Blueberry Banana Agave Smoothie (8 points)
Dinner: Progresso Light Soup (4 points)
Snack: Simple Pumpkin Pie Smoothie 2 servings (4 points)

Daily Total/Allowed: 34/36

No exercise plans for today. Weekend days tend to be my "rest" days as they usually include running errands. May try and sneak in a 20 minute true beginner Core routine.

Last edited by sunarie; 10-11-2014 at 02:32 PM.
Old 10-13-2014, 12:14 PM   #14  

Looks like I'm holding at 237.0 for a little while. That's what I weighed on Saturday, missed my weigh in yesterday, and that's what I weigh today too. Yesterday we were out and a about. My meal plan consisted of my normal breakfast drink (4 points), half a footlong turkey sandwich (11 points) and then the other half for dinner (11 points). A fruit salad (4 points), and then some yogurt (2 points) for snacks when we got home. So yesterday I was at 32/36 points. No exercise, save for walking around the mall/target.

Meal plan for today:
Snack: Yoplait Light + Granola (4 points)
Lunch: 2 servings Mexican Cornbread Casserole (16 points)
Snack: Chocolate Cherry Berry Smoothie (5 points)
Dinner: Progresso Light Soup (4 points)
Snack: Apple

Daily Total/Allowed: 33/36

Today is stability and mobility (29min) from the True Beginner program.
Old 10-14-2014, 12:55 PM   #15  

Down to 236.8 today. Only a .2lb drop but happy to not see 237.

Meal plan for today:
Snack: Yoplait Light + Granola (4 points)
Lunch: Mini Eggplant Parm Pizzas (10 points)
Snack: Blueberry Banana Yogurt Smoothie (8 points)
Dinner: Leftover Cornbread Casserole (8 points)

Daily Total/Allowed: 34/36

Today is Core I (20min) from the True Beginner program of Daily Burn. Will probably throw in some Just Dance as well (10-20min).