General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2004, 07:36 AM   #1  

Default Doing your own thing-February 2004

Ok, here you go ladies the next month's thread.

Good gravy, everytime I have time to post daily, you guys are quiet as a church and when I can't get back here you get all talkative!

DNW: Whoo, you did some snowshoveling job. Worked those lbs right off. Ok, I'll bite what is an "electric" shovel for heaven's sake?

Jello: Hope the pizza and cookies didn't bite you in the heiny and that you were STRONG! I totally blew it yesterday and ate like a little piggy so I can hardly say anything. It was one of those days when I just wanted to eat junk food so I did!

MRS: Most of the time I look forward to going to the gym now. Maybe because I want to get this weight off so bad and look good again. I have kind of pestered my dh about "do I look like I have lost weight" "do you think someone could tell that hasn't seen me" etc so we took a pic of me and put it next to one from last year at this time. They are enclosed at the bottom. I no longer question whether or not I look visually like I have lost, it is pretty obvious. So, that is why I work so hard at it.

Welcome to sweetmagnolia. We are all not wound too tight, but everyone is nice here even being crazy!

I went shopping this last weekend and whoopee did I have some great suprises. I am trying to get some new clothes here and there for the Vegas wedding/vacation. I almost always shop either online at the "big girl" stores or here in town at Lane Bryant or Catherines. I went into Target on Friday and bought 2 t-shirts in an XL!!! and my biggy, a pair of zip up khakis and a pair of rayon style dress pants. I haven't worn zip up pants for 30 years nor have I been able to wear non-knit pants. I know the people in the dressing room thought there was a mentally unstable woman in there with them cause she was having a conversation with herself. >>>"Ok, now be prepared, these aren't gonna fit. Don't get upset, you will lose enough for them to fit one day. Oh, my God, oh my God, they fit, you can zip them up, they aren't too tight. Ok, now the other pair don't stretch so they are probably not going to fit up over your butt...." You get the idea. I know everyone heard me, but I didn't care!

Tig: I talked to a friend who says it is so cold up there that you can't clear the roads completely of the snow on them to the pavement. I hope that by the end of the month at least most of it is gone. I no longer have "winter" clothes to wear. We will freeze to death!

Well, I gotta go. You girls all have a good day. Rainy here today but in the 50's. Tomorrow back to the 30's again.

Faye

Last edited by gma22; 02-02-2004 at 07:40 AM.
Old 02-02-2004, 09:16 AM   #2  
Long Lost Chickie

Greetings from Pennsylvania - just across the state from Punxatawny where that little groundhog saw his shadow this morning and predicted 6 more weeks of this weather. Grumble. Yeah, well. The cold will preserve me and make me age more slowly, yes?

So GO PATRIOTS!!! What an exciting game ... with or without Janet Jackson's, uh, entertainment. Of course, I was at the VFW with lots of other people and lots of food and beer. I was not such a good girl and the scale says so this morning. I did take some bottles of water and drank most of them during the evening so I guess I did better than I would have. But still.... Oh well. It's a new day, right?

Boss is here and in quite a mood this morning. How on earth can a grown man be such a baby!?! Oh, had my review on Friday, can't remember if I told you. I stood my ground. I spoke my mind. I got it all off my chest. Not sure if it'll do any good whatsoever but I'm feeling so much better about it. Last night, I actually got a good night's sleep and didn't dream about this place!

Of course, I did dream that I got on the scale and it was really good news!

Then I woke up.

Ah well.

Faye, good job in getting us started on a new month! It's February and just that much closer to spring time. And I see that Ash Wednesday is in Feb. this year (the 25th). Time to start thinking about what I'll give up for Lent, I think. Maybe staying COMPLETELY on program!

And maybe I should start practicing now.

Have a good Monday Funday all!
Old 02-02-2004, 10:25 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 265/245/150 SW/CW/GW

Height: 5" 6"

Darn it! I sure was looking forward to an early spring. Need to have a talk with that groundhog. I'm already tired of winter and I live in Houston so I can just imagine what you in the North are going through.

Have a great day, will catch up with you all soon.

LJ
Old 02-02-2004, 10:58 AM   #4  

Going to make this short and sweet, lost two post already this morning trying to post here. Ughh.
Faye, Awesome job Girly!
Welcome, SweetMagnolia, are you from the South or just love the tree?
MRS, I started the new February Exercise challange, it's a good tool if you need motivation to exercise. Invite open to everyone.
Huntress, so glad to hear from you, hope you will be back more often.
Jello, so what was your boss' response to your conversation?
Back later.
Old 02-02-2004, 11:07 AM   #5  

Hi. Monday Funday. So, where's the fun? I have a sick kid home from school and weather forcast of snow, sleet, freezing rain, topped off with a couple more inches of snow tonight.

Jello, Good game last night. I cheered for NE. What I heard about Janet Jackson...Justin did that to prove he wasn't dancing with Micheal.
Funny thing, I didn't even notice. I'm not much of a Janet fan and guess I was zoning out. I did like the budlight/dog commercial. What can your dog do?

I pretty much ate everything in sight and starting fresh today. Monday Freshday. Nah, not a good ring to it.

Faye, congrats on the new clothes. I keep telling myself it would be cheaper to loose the weight for me since I have more clothes that are too small than those that fit.

Did anyone stay awake for Survivor? I tried. Hope they air it again.

Well, the sick DS who claims to have a stomach ache is hungry. Duty calls.
Old 02-03-2004, 12:57 PM   #6  

Allright, am I not paying attention? Did everyone go away on vacation?

Sick kid back at school today. I think he was more tired than sick. By last night, he was running laps with the dog...expending all that energy he built up during the day laying around watching cartoons. Unfortunately, the laps were IN my house and I wanted to ring his little neck. Seven year old boys.

Huntress, geeze...Houston weather...you poor thing. My aunt just flew in from Garland. She's getting a real treat with the weather here.

Hope eveyone is having a good time on vacation.
Old 02-03-2004, 01:41 PM   #7  

Hello, ladies - it takes me a couple of days before I realize a new thread is started and that's why there are no messages ... duh!

Faye - a fabulous job, the pictures really tell it all. Congrats on the new clothes as well.

I am sorry to say, I was not good for the past few days - in fact I was horrid. What have I been over-indulging on - ITALIAN BREAD and real butter. Ate a whole loaf in the last 3 days except for a few slices my husband managed to grab. As a result, I am bloated. Back on track today.

It's raining now - hope it washes away the snow that's still hanging around. 56 degrees this morning so that should help.

Boss is in for awhile - Jello, want to trade? At least we'd have someone different to make our lives miserable.
Old 02-03-2004, 01:52 PM   #8  

Yes Tig, I'm lying on the beach with a whole line of drinks with pretty little umbrellas in the glasses. Oh and I’m in a size two bikini too! Okay back to reality, working in this dump of an office and freezing from the knees down. I don’t have to worry about getting a tan on my right leg as it is cooked to the bone from my electric heater while the left leg has ice hanging off it. Have I mentioned that this old building has no insulation! Maybe it was WHINE I was having instead of mixed drinks. Ha

Nothing going on here, started putting out a little fertilizer until it started raining, we’ll gear up again when it’s dry enough to get over the fields. Going to get my monthly haircut after work today. I’m trying to let it grow out enough to be able to wear a pony tail…. My hair dresser laughs every time I say that I’m going to let it grow.

I didn’t get to see Survivor the other night, don’t guess they will re-run it, anyone heard?

Jello, I got my pay raise, after the increase in our insurance I’m bringing home a whopping $2.07 more a week. Sure hope yours is better, oh and I had a perfect evaluation.

GeeWhiz, guess I’ll go have some more WHINE……….
Old 02-03-2004, 02:34 PM   #9  

Big Cheese! We have posts!

Semo, Survivor is being replayed tonight. I'll be watching, considering what I did see the other night was with one eye open.
On the beach with a line of drinks.... I could really go for some intense sunshine. I need to remember to at least sit in the window to feel the sun on my face...if it ever comes out again.

Quilter, gotta laugh about not realizing there was a new thread. I do that.
Just how did that evil Italian Bread get in your house?
That's where my efforts break down...letting it in the house to begin with.

I'm suppose to be typing a science paper for my oldest son....
Old 02-03-2004, 02:47 PM   #10  
Long Lost Chickie

Hello all. Haven't been able to check in. Just too busy. Geez, I hate having to work instead of being a millionaire that can just lay on some sunny beach with rows of drinks with little umbrellas in them in my size 2 bikini....

Oops. Sorry. Someone else's fantasy there. Ah Semo, it's a good one! But how sad am I that I have to steal someone else's daydream?

Tiger, to answer your question, the boss disagreed with just about everything I said in my review. Jerk. Know what though. I don't care! I got it all off my chest and no more being stepped on for me! He claims that he only yells at me because I'm his right-hand and he feels he can confide in me, etc. Big dumb dummy bozo..... Rant rant rant.... Oh whatever. At least he admitted he'd be lost without me.

Meanwhile, some good news. There MAY actually be raises this year! Hey, I'm grasping at any ol' straw here. Don't know exactly what they think they're waiting for though.

Faye, I did well during the pizza/cookie attack last Friday. Unfortunately, since then it's been pretty darn ugly. I'm going to weigh-in tonight (in the sleet and freezing rain ) and I'll bravely face the music. Just gotta keep picturing myself on Semo's beach there. Yeah, that's what I gotta do.

Gotta run. Big dopey dummy bozo jerk is coming. Whew! I'm winded!
Old 02-03-2004, 03:13 PM   #11  

OMG, I'll have to run through Wally World to get home in time to catch Survivors. Everytime it starts up, I say that I'm not going to watch, but I'm addicted! If I weren't afraid of big water (not swimming pool) I think I could be a Survivor. My mother's brother died in a swimming accident and I guess she instilled that fear of water in me. You should see me when I'm really at the beach........got that toe out there checking to make sure I don't step in a BIG HOLE. LOL
Old 02-04-2004, 07:53 AM   #12  

Toe out there checking I'm not real fond of "not touching bottom" myself. You should see me with my boys in our pond. I don't even know why they want to swim in it. It can't be too much fun with ME. Don't go over there. Get back here. Stay by me. Can you touch?

Hmm, are raises in the air? I keep telling DH he needs to ask. They don't just hand them out at his place. Of course, it's easy for me to tell him to ask. Vision of me going into his workplace asking for his raise....

Is it just Semo and me watching Survivor? I managed to stay awake last night. Tina got the boot. I don't feel too bad for her since she already won once.

Today, shopping. I'll make sure to look at everything so I get in lots of walking.
Old 02-04-2004, 09:05 AM   #13  
Long Lost Chickie

Well, girls, last night's weigh-in wasn't great. But I guess it could have been worse. I was only up half a pound. And you know what? It gave me more incentive to really work hard this week. So here's my very short term goal: count points and write them down, drink at least 64 oz. of water a day, Curves 3 times this week and treadmill or walking the other days, keep myself busy over the weekend so I'm not eating for 48 hours straight....

What have I missed? Well, I'll start with those, I guess.

Weather has cleared after a full day of rain and sleet yesterday. Roads were a little tricky this morning but it's supposed to go up to 42 today with lots of sunshine. Hope it melts away some of that white stuff. And the sun is not a moment too late. I was really starting to feel cold and gray myself. Anyone else here suffer from seasonal emotional problems?

Think Spring!!

Watson's going to the vet tonight for his annual shots and poking and prodding. Poor guy. He hates it so much. And I'm sure the vet will say he's overweight. Yeah, yeah. Where've I heard that before?

Gotta run. Hope you all have a great day!
Old 02-04-2004, 04:35 PM   #14  

Jello, my cat weighs 22 pounds. You know what the vet says about that. However, he really doesn't eat that much - he also sleeps 20 hours a day. Wonder if I could somehow apply that to me - no exercise = fat? Anyway, Cupid is a Maine Coon Cat and they can get up to 30 pounds.

How did the Italian Bread get in my house - it was brought in by a man who said I didn't need to eat it but he wanted it. So I had to eat most of it to keep it from going to waste because he only ate a little of it then left it unattended and crying on the counter.
Old 02-04-2004, 05:47 PM   #15  

Hey all!

Faye - Lurvs the pictures - they tell the whole story. Congrats on your progress up to this point!!!

I wish I had checked in yesterday - I could have told my friend in CA that I'm shipping the survivor epi to that it was showing again! Oh well, maybe she caught it. I'm going to have to ask her.

Jello - Yes on the winter blahs. But I'm standing up behind my tanning booth strategy this year. I've gone twice a week since the beginning of January and so far, I feel good. Tuesday and Friday or bust! My family is all going to Hawaii next week and I'm not... and I'm not even depressed about it! I know this because if I was depressed, I would have said "death, or credit card debt?" and charged it regardless of the consequences! But I didn't, and I'm honestly OK with it, so far.

Mom and Dad are going for 2 weeks and SIS, BIL & DNephy are meeting them there for the first week.

It's a tempter. DNephy who is 6 wants to be a volcanologist so they are all going to explore Kilauea (sp?) Did I say that before?

OK, they are keeping me busy here so I gotta run.

Hugs around!

P.S. - with enough of those umbrella drinks, I wouldn't even care about the size 2 bikini!! Line 'em up by my lounge chair, anywhere in the sun by the ocean.
Closed Thread