Old 01-06-2015, 07:15 PM   #1  

S/C/G: SW:171 CW:see ticker GW 120

Height: 5'1

Default Green smoothies for breakfast

Anyone have good breakfast smoothie recipes? I'm going to try green smoothies for a bit.
skittlesfirehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 08:09 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 192.6/ticker/150

Height: 5'6.5

I've been doing green smoothies for lunch and I love them! If you go to simplegreensmoothies (.com) they have a free 30 day smoothie challenge you can sign up for and they have awesome recipes! They even email you a grocery list of what you need to!
Samantha Daisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 09:59 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 235/192/140

Height: 5'2"

Great thread, thanks for the website, I was looking for some new recipes!
ohclementine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 01:23 PM   #4  

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'4 with Cuban curves!

I do smoothies all the time for breakfast, so easy and delicious!

PB2 banana chocolate:
1 scoop orgain organic chocolate protein powder
2 TBS chocolate pb2
1 TBS collagen hydrolysate (great lakes gelatin green can)
Half banana
1 cup unsweetened almond milk

Green smoothie:
Handful of spinach or kale
1 cup coconut water
Quarter cup of pineapple chunks with juice
Half banana
collagen hydrolysate
Flax
Chia seeds

I mix it up depending on what mood I'm in. I actually blend up a combo of spinach and kale in my food processor, and freeze it in an ice cube tray. When I want to add veggies to my smoothie I just pop in veggie cube from the freezer. A lot easier than worrying about spinach going bad in my fridge all the time. I hate wasting food!
Claygirl1518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 08:01 AM   #5  
Counting bites!

S/C/G: 282/255/130

Height: 5'5"

I was also going to suggest simplegreensmoothies

I usually mix greens with some orange, banana, and mango with coconut milk. I love tropical tasting drinks. I'm huge on kale and dandelion, but I mix it up with collards and spinach. I typical use coconut or almond milk, sometime I treat myself and I'll dump a little cocoa powder in. I always add chia or flax seed, and almond butter.
izzyboomama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 10:03 AM   #6  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Hello,
I love smoothies & the green ones especially because I get my veggies sneaked inside. I'd like to hop-on here w u if u have room for me
I really appreciate it whenever u include the nutrition gram info, TY.

My puppy litter is crying, I gotta go feed their tummies now. I'll b back tomorrow to see all'yall tomorrow. I have a purple Nutri-Ninja smoothie maker I got for myself in November.

ps: I'm 6# over my goal weight
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 10:06 AM   #7  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

I honestly just mix whatever I have on hand and tastes good. Lately that's been banana, spinach and strawberries plus some greek yogurt and/or soy milk and/or pineapple. I can't be bothered to measure! lol
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 10:11 PM   #8  

Can someone tell me exactly how they make their smoothies? I can never get smoothies to be smooth at all. It's usually a revolting chunky texture and I end up throwing it away. Or if I add greens there are big chunks; or strawberries the seeds give it a weird texture.
MinnieMouse91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 10:21 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 183/177/160

I used to drink green smoothies all the time! Loved them...they are very good! However I started drinking ********** a year ago and all the nutrition PLUS and less work LMBO I'm lazy!!

MinnieMouse91- the trick is banana or avocado. The banana or avocado makes it smooth. Greek yogurt can also be used. Also you can cut them and freeze them ahead of time and eliminate the need for ice.
CakeBatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 11:26 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 235/192/140

Quote:
I mix it up depending on what mood I'm in. I actually blend up a combo of spinach and kale in my food processor, and freeze it in an ice cube tray. When I want to add veggies to my smoothie I just pop in veggie cube from the freezer. A lot easier than worrying about spinach going bad in my fridge all the time. I hate wasting food!
This is genius!!!
ohclementine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 10:42 PM   #11  
I Will Because I Can

S/C/G: 167/130

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieMouse91 View Post
Can someone tell me exactly how they make their smoothies? I can never get smoothies to be smooth at all. It's usually a revolting chunky texture and I end up throwing it away. Or if I add greens there are big chunks; or strawberries the seeds give it a weird texture.
The trick to a smooth texture is to blend your greens and liquid first, then after a minute or so, add the rest.

My smoothies usually consist of 8-12 oz of water (or almond milk, if I have it on hand), a heaping handful of spinach or kale (I keep my bag in the freezer), a cup of frozen fruit (my faves are a tropical mix... Strawberries, pineapple, peach), a small chunk of banana for creaminess, and some cucumber (peeled and frozen, about half cup). Sometimes I add vanilla protein powder, but not often because my children (ages 4 and 5) always want some.

Last edited by OhThePlaces; 01-10-2015 at 10:42 PM.
OhThePlaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 04:05 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeBatter View Post
I used to drink green smoothies all the time! Loved them...they are very good! However I started drinking ********** a year ago and all the nutrition PLUS and less work LMBO I'm lazy!!

MinnieMouse91- the trick is banana or avocado. The banana or avocado makes it smooth. Greek yogurt can also be used. Also you can cut them and freeze them ahead of time and eliminate the need for ice.
You also get that good monounsaturated fat from the avocado
as well as beta carotene, fiber, folate and potassium (60% more
than a !
soexcited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 02:17 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 243/ticker/136

I did the 30 day challenge from simplegreensmoothies. It was the most fantastic thing I have done for my body! Granted... I am not doing it at the moment. I got thrown off by closing on a house - but as soon as we move in and get settled I had sworn to myself I will start up again. My mother actually convinced me to start (tomorrow) by pre-prepping our smoothie ingredients in the freezer.

While I was doing the 30 day challenge I found recipes I loved... and hated. Some days I lost weight, others I maintained, a few I gained. Overall my health and energy felt significantly improved! I felt so great in my body! My skin was clearer, my mood was happier, my stomach wasn't upset all the time, I was very content and had LOADS of energy!

If you go this route I would suggest signing up for the 30 day free challenge and then pre-prepping your smoothies by week in the freezer (ie. put all ingredients in a quart bag in the freezer EXCEPT the liquid - add that the day you make the smoothie). You could also just get all the ingredients set up the night before and mix it then and grab and go in the morning!

(Sorry to sound like an advertisement... I was just so thrilled with my results from it)
MrsClayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 01:12 AM   #14  
MamaChub

S/C/G: 230/230/180

Height: 5'10

I make the lazy version of green smoothies: banana, cup of yogurt, some frozen fruit, a tablespoon of chia seeds (i'm addicted to these; I could eat them by themselves), a little orange juice, and a scoop of AmazingGrass powder. Oh, and a bunch of ice. My kids complain it looks like pond scum, but I don't make them drink it. My toddler doesn't know any better, though - she helps me drink it.
itsmemaggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 06:16 AM   #15  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Does anybody know of a Protein mix that
doesn't
contain 'SOY' in it?
If your container says 'no soy' please post it, TY
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote