General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2001, 02:57 PM   #1  

Has anyone tryed thermogenics? I heard about it on the radio and i have seen it at GNC and
i was wondering if it work?
Old 05-07-2001, 03:08 PM   #2  
Uber-Moderator!!

Default Thermogenics

This word is basically used as a 'catch all' term for herbal diet pills - usually the ephedrine (ma huang)/caffiene mix, with a few other variables thrown in, such as willow bark, guarana extract, L-Carnitine, chromium, etc. The most widely known brands are probably Herbalife and Metabolife, although there are literally hundreds (perhaps thousands) currently in the marketplace (including Dexatrim which was recently reformulated after PPA was removed from the market by the FDA).

If you check past threads (mostly in the "Fitness Scams" board) you will see many of 3FC members have sounded off about these products - good or bad.

With the health risks involved in the taking of a product so similar to speed/methamphetamine, I would be extremely careful about trying these out - and if you DO want to try them, don't just go with the maximum dosage right off. In fact, talk to your doctor first about this - these herbal supplements can be extremely dangerous but many people think they're harmless since they're 'natural'.

There are many 'natural' things out there that can kill quite easily - many growing in your backyard or park - so just because it's a natural herbal product doesn't mean it's either safe or effective...
Closed Thread