Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2004, 05:58 AM   #1  
Work in Progress

Default Lo Carb #52 Let's get buckled in !

Well girls the weekend is almost over

I am headed to Utica to help my sister move. The movers she hired to help her are stuck in another state and won't be here to help her. I can honestly say that she is probably more stressed that I am.

worked on my schooling yesterday. Only 15 weeks of that left. I am glad I didn't put it off to summer.

Got most of my water in yesterday. That's pretty good for me on a weekend.
DH says walking on teh treadmill is ****. LOL.

Monday is another day to ride the bus!
Old 02-01-2004, 12:42 PM   #2  
gbo

Well Darlins,
Hubby throws rocks at regular fried chicken now he only wants it the Atkins legal way!
Pretty remarkable for a junk food freak!
By the way if you put the pecans in a zip lock bag and run the rollling pin over it for a couple of minutes to make the pieces small the crunch is wonderful.
The one thing I have to getback on track with is my water.
Yesterday:
breakfast: western style omelet with two pieces of 7 carb bread
a little butter and coffee with heavy cream

lunch: three strips of legal fried chicken , legal fried cabbage (oh so good)
and a diet soda

Dinner an 11 carb wrap from Subway, a diet soda and some left over collard greens

Snack: Pork rinds with legal clam dip , celestial seasonings apple and cinnamon spice tea ( a pot)

LEGAL CLAM DIP
3 oz of cream cheese
1/3 of a cup small curd cottage cheese
1 can of chopped clams
1 tablespoon of sour cream
Bon Appetite spice about 1/4 teaspoon and just a touch of lemon or lime
mix well and enjoy!

Bunna, the worst mistake I made in the past is not eating enough not getting the calories, old habits die hard, I am not making that mistake this time because you lose alot of weight fast and then it stalls for weeks at a time sometimes months! You all remember , I lived on plain tuna for months. Before all this wild bouncing of weight going on I was losing 8- 11 pounds a weeks eating quite well as you can see and no stalling every couple of weeks. I lived on so few calories like 600 to 800 a day that I had a plateau every whip stitch and they lasted for ever though I never cheated. Finally The only thing that would break it was no eating at all. It works so well of you follow it properly. The longer you stay on plan the easier it becomes until finally you don't crave carbs to often at lall but a word to the wise do hear what Doctor Phil says and find your personal triggers so often it is the emotional triggers that causes you to fall off. I am still working on changing my responses to my keys.
Well at the moment I am back on Diamox for the pseudo tumor and the lighting is forming in my eyes as I type this so I have to leave for soon I shall not be able to see but I shall return. Thank God I had such a long standing pass to this bus. I am on board and strapped in again!!!! LOve you
Pam
Old 02-01-2004, 04:01 PM   #3  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

Alright, it just took my whole entire message and put it in cyberspace somewhere.

The basis of it is that I am sick again and that makes it really hard for me to eat OP cuz I don't want to eat at all anyway. Dh is making me some chicken soup to work on. My weight is just staying the same.

I bought some Carb Options teriyaki sauce and cheese sauce to try. Someone on one of the other boards said it is really good. Gonna throw some chicken in the oven with the teriyaki for the guys and some vegis. Keep it simple. In the restaurant business we have a saying KISS "Keep it Simple Stupid" and that is how I am keeping it being sick.

Pat: Good luck on the move, I bet your sister is stressed. It is bad enough having to move without all those extra hitches.

Pam: I have not had chicken fried with pecans but it sounds absolutely wonderful. One of my chef's used to make hazelnut salmon for me, also wonderful. I did try your custard the other day with the peach and it is good, am looking forward to trying it with coconut though too.

I am back to bed. Talk to you all later. Have a good day girls.
Old 02-02-2004, 05:58 AM   #4  
Work in Progress

Hey Bunna Sorry that you are sick again. The move was as good as it can get in winter. The kids were good, and I can hardly move this morning. Reality check is how out of shape I am. A few stairs and my face was red and I was puffing! Boy that carb options is even here. Let us know how it is. I always hate buying stuff onlt to through it away.
I too try to keep it simple

Pam Hope all will be well in your world. I do like Dr. Phil. The triggers I know the better coping I still fail at.

Hey Sue, Dana, Julie and Kina how are you? How was your weekend?
Old 02-02-2004, 06:16 PM   #5  

Hello All!

Still here..still doing well. One day at a time.

Thanks for the info on the exercise. I will look into it. I have been realy busy between work and some remodelling we are doing here at home.

I promise to try to check in more often.

I read all the posts.

Sooo nice to be belted in with friends!

Takre care all!
Old 02-02-2004, 06:52 PM   #6  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

OK Now I am really MAD!!!

I just posted a hute post then got distracted and lost the whole thing!!!

I was telling you all how good I was this weekend and passed on Pizza. and even started to exercise even thiugh it was just for a few minutes. but well it went on and on and on. and then I lost the whole thing!!!

but I am here now and I will not post and lose it again ,ike that.

I used up most of my time so I wiill just say hi and let you all know that I am here for you. Bunna get better!!!

Pam that chicken sounds just great and good for DH wanting only the legal way.

Pam glad you were there for your sister. that can certianly be stressful and Dana glad you are here!!! I keep watching for you. even if you pop in and send a wave every few days I am not going to let you get lost again!!!
Old 02-02-2004, 07:34 PM   #7  

Hey ladies! I am REALLY happy today cause i have lost 150 lbs ! I started at the end of january last year and in just a few days over a year i have lost 150 lbs. If anyone had ever told me that i would be saying that i would have told them they were on drugs. I only have 20 more lbs to go and i will officially be just over weight no longer obese or morbidly obese!!!
Old 02-03-2004, 05:13 AM   #8  
Work in Progress

JULIE WOW !!!!!!!!!!
That is so awesome. I know you don't know us well. But maybe sometime you could share what clicked for you and how you kept motivated. I know you are visibly a new person but did the insde change too? It is stories like yours that help me when the negative voices kick in. Like this morning I was already wrestling with whether or not to work out. ANd now I will work out!

Hey Sue Working out huh?? Way to go! Congrats on saying no to pizza! I am staring my state reveiw in the face . My lic. expires 3/31. They went to another site and creamed them. How are the kids? and DH?

Hey Dana, I am glad you are back on teh bus. working still at teh school? What are you doing at the house? Way to go on the eating. It is half plus teh battle.

I have been inside my haed about this . Yesterday I realized after rededicating myself to teh fight 1 month ago, the scale is still teh same. My clothes fit better. So I know something is happening. But teh scale thing not moving just feeds my rationalization.
But when I am honest with myself I know I could be working harder at it.

Hey Pam , Bunna, Kina check in when you can
Old 02-03-2004, 07:57 AM   #9  

Pat my mom and i made our own plan but it mostly follows similar to south beach diet and it has worked really well for us and the only thing that is completely off limits except special treats it sugar!
I dont eat white bread,pasta or potatos if it can be helped(if i am eating at someones house i have no choice!) And i usually keep my calories between 1200-1600 a day. Which i am finding alot easier to do without all the sweets and high carb foods. I have to be very careful not to go less than 1200 calories or my weightloss will stall or slow down. You are doing great and you will always feel better if you push yourself and do the exercise.
Old 02-03-2004, 06:54 PM   #10  
Bunnababy

Geez, this is getting old. Not being able to get on the internet.

I went back to the doc this morning and he said I have a bad sinus infection still. Changed the nose spray and antibiotic. Told me to call in one week if I am not better. I don't know if I am gaining weight because of the steriod nose spray or the meds or what but my weight is ballooning and I don't know why. It has to be water though as I know I did not eat enough to gain 8 lbs overnight. Gonna have to start counting calories and making extra sure I am getting my water down.

Julie: How great that you have lost 150 lbs. That is awesome. Motivating for all of us.

Sue: Way to go with the pizza and exercise.

Pat: Glad the move is over. Sorry to hear that you are sore from it.

Hello to the rest of you and hopefully my computer will stay hooked up to the server so I can keep checking in. Odd how it only has trouble on Monday and early Tuesday.

Last edited by Bunnababy; 02-03-2004 at 06:57 PM.
Old 02-03-2004, 07:20 PM   #11  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Bunna I sure hope that you shake that sinus thing fast!1 It really can put a damper on the whole thing. bunna did your compiter server have a problem with that vbirus that cqme though?? I heard that it was going to be out monday?

Julie WOW!!!! That is so fantastic. I would love to see some before and after pictures. You are really a great motication. I think that if you follow your own plan and tweak it a bit you are happier than if you are very strict with what people tell you then you are likely to fall off the plan. great going. I too follow and do no potatoes breads or pastas. (except my small piece at breakfast.) i watch how much carbs i take in by eliminating most of it with those limitations. I have not been watchingmy calories just yet but that will be next. I am going to be getting ready to do BFL. I did it before and lvoed it. I just need to get my mind set to do it again. But I think that I will be ready with your motivation.

Pat I knowyou can do it!1 you did so great before but STOP LOOKING AT THE SCALE!!!! you know better (as I shamefully jump on daily) especially if your clothes are fitting better. you know you are gaining muscle and losing fat!! and the scale will stay the same or even if you work extra hard it may just go up a bit!! but look at the clothes!!!

Dana??? check in!!!

Pam????
Old 02-04-2004, 05:32 AM   #12  
Work in Progress

Hey all,
Julie thank you for sharing with us here. It is very motivating. I hope that as you get to know and trust us you'll share more. I did the Pilates tape yesterday. ANd am proud to say that I am more "fluid" than jerky LOL. The bike today.

Bunna, computers are great when they work and suck when they don't. Sinus infections can be the devil to get rid of. Fought one last year like ****. This year have been better. Take care.

Sue I was just thinking teh other day about BFL and you. SOmething on TV. As much as I hate to do this. The exercise for me is teh last peice of the puzzle to get back on tract.

Hey Pam, Kina, Dana Check in ladies the bus is quiet!

Lurkers are welcome. We are a friendly bunch.

Thought to consider:
Mindless eating. The eating you do when you go by someones candy dish, or the break room, or at home while you are cooking dinner. Or eating/finishing something that if you were honest really doesn't taste that good. For example. I made forbidden instant mashed potos for dinner and forgot to salt and pepper them before serving. Well can you say bland? But I am putting them in my mouth and luckly My mind says they taste bad and you really are satisfied. And I stopped and threw thenm away. But it had to be a very concous thing/conversation with myself!

Share your thoughts!
Old 02-04-2004, 08:31 AM   #13  

I have a webpage listed on my profile that has my before and after pictures on it. I am still in the during as i would like to lose down to about 150 or so but there is a difference!
Old 02-04-2004, 08:35 AM   #14  

Pat i do the same thing alot! I just have to tell myself its ok to throw something away or put it away for later instead of eating it all in one helping. Great job on the pilates i need to start doing mine again, I got off track when i had my gallbladder removed and couldnt do it for 8 weeks. It really made my body feel long and lean.
Old 02-04-2004, 12:38 PM   #15  
Bunnababy

Good morning all. I am up and around for a little bit going to eat some breakfast so I can take my meds.

for Julie, you look great.

The scale is such a poor indicator of how we are really doing on this WOL and yet we all depend on it like some kind of idol or something.

Mindless eating, who does mindless eating? Would that include eating that hug bucket of popcorn at the movies when any other time that amount would make us sick? I love the stuff so have to totally avoid it.

Well, girls taking my meds and off to bedrest again. Will check in later if the server is working properly. They could have had that virus it isn't like they would let us know.
Closed Thread