View Single Post
Old 02-02-2004, 05:39 PM   #8
Bedford19

I am so glad that I bought this book. If nothing else, it is starting to make me really take a closer look into my own life. After reading this chapter, I am starting to understand just how far back my feelings of negativity go.

My parents both have children from previous marriages, and growing up, my mom's two kids resented me and my fathers two left home when i was young. By the time I hit ten years old I was already feeling like everyone that i loved didnt want to be around me. I always knew that when I hit puberty that I started to gain weight, but now I am understanding why. I turned to food to fill that void. As I went through my teen years, I ended up with a guy that i thought was wonderful, but in reality, he was there putting me down in so many ways, making myself feel worthless.

A friend of mine, now my husband, finally convinced me that this was not a healthy relationship and I ended it. My future husband and I got together shortly after that, but we were only together a short while.

I ended up learning how to be independent for the very first time at age 26. That summer, when my he and I broke up, I was finally able to put my life together again. We got back together and my friend became my husband this past July.

He loves me for me, and tells me all the time that I dont need to lose weight. But I need to do this for me. I need to put the past where it belongs and I need to learn to stop blaming myself for the feelings of others.

My sisters dont know what they are missing by not having me in their life. I think I am a good person, and its about time I did something to make me feel better.

I have promised myself to exercise at least 3 times a week and to change my eating habits. So far, its only been a week, but I have lost 2 lbs, so i am encouraged. I cant wait to see what the rest of the book has in store.
Bedford19 is offline   Reply With Quote