Old 12-01-2014, 10:27 AM   #1  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Default A Merry December For The Worldly Chicks

Hi Everyone ~

Welcome to a new month, Lets step up our diet and exercise this month, Who's with me?

Here's the Nov. Thread for anyone who needs/wants to go back to the Nov. Thread

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/supp...kin-along.html
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 10:41 AM   #2  
Turning Into A New Woman

Susie ~ Yeah I know only gaining a pound is great especially because I havent been walking due to having another blister on my foot.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I slept in this morning, I didnt wake up until 8 this morning, It's now 9:01 right now. I just got done eating breakfast. Clyde is still sleeping but I will let him outside when he wakes up. I already gave him fresh food and he has fresh water. I still have my blister so I wont be able to get any miles in today but I hope it goes away soon especially since I have to go shopping on Friday and I have alot to get so I'll be walking on my foot for awhile that day. Mom and I went shopping yesterday and we were only in there an hour and my foot was hurting so bad after we got back in the car so I can only imagine how its gonna feel if its not healed by Friday when I go shopping for an hour and 1/2 or longer. Anyway Have a good day everyone
Old 12-01-2014, 12:18 PM   #3  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Afternoon/eve all....

I am still feeling like poo today. If I had some accumulated days I would have stayed home today and slept on the couch. I am doing all I can to stay awake at work. God love my boss, he went out to CVS (down the street a couple of blocks) and got me some hauls cough drops. I tried to pay him for them but he said no that it was purely a selfish move. (He didn't want me to go home). lol. Anyway it was a kind gesture on his part. He has to be the very best boss I have ever had. I did much of nothing after Sam and Chris came and picked up the wee ones. Lounged around on the couch snoozed here and there then went to bed around 7 and still did not want to get up this morning, of course it could of been the Nyquil not completely worn off yet. Oh Me.

It was nice yesterday around 60 degrees, altho I did not get out in it, it was much better than today. It is not bad out but ony 32 degrees and a wee bit cold for me. Bleh. I am stuck at 10 lbs down, but I will take it. May be because of all the fluids and OTC drugs I am taking for this cold/sinus/throat/chest cough. That is only my deluted guess.

Got a few more gifts out of the way via on-line shopping. I have gotten most of my stocking stuffer stuff while grocery shopping. I stopped at the Family Dollar store and got pretty good size candles in a glass container with a lid for 3 bucks each. Got one for all the girls stockings.

Not much else going on, which I could take a nap at my desk.

Have a great day/evening/night/morning.

Love and hugs
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 02:08 PM   #4  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Quick check in to say Hi.

Terra, I'm sorry to hear about your blister. What you might try is "Moleskin". You should be able to find it at pharmacies near the foot care products (and Dr. Scholl's stuff). If you can't find it there, you can maybe check camping/hiking stores like REI, Bass Pro Shops, or Cabelas. You apply it to the skin over your blister and it gives a bit of extra cushion/padding so you don't get as much friction when you walk. I used to use it when I'd go hiking a lot and it's a life saver.

Here are a couple links to products sold on WalMart's website (and maybe in the store too..I don't know):

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Dr-Scholl-...ng-3-ct/893374

http://www.walmart.com/ip/First-Aid-...count/19314038
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 02:10 PM   #5  
Creating a Healthier Me

Annie - I hope you feel better soon, sweet sista. Very nice of your boss to get you cough drops.
Old 12-01-2014, 02:29 PM   #6  
Turning Into A New Woman

Michelle ~ Thanks for the advice on the Moleskin but my sister in law told me about something at her work that works really well so I'm gonna try that first but if for some reason it doesnt work I try to Moleskin, Thanks again.
Old 12-01-2014, 06:13 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Annie
I've been fighting sleep all day too. Think it's the weather,cold and dreary. I would be more than happy to be down 10 pounds. Your boss seems really nice.

Terra
I'm going to accept your challenge. I want to be at least 5 pounds down by the end of December. Hope the blister heals quickly.

Susie
Guess, I'll drag out my few decorations this week end.

---------------
As I mention before I'm very sleepy. Think it's due to the weather. But it could be due to the fact that it was almost 11 p.m. when I went to bed.
Didn't ride the bike last night but I will tonight, maybe, if I can stay awake. Need to get myself on a schedule.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 08:07 PM   #8  

Height: 5'7"

Hello---it is so cold here! The cooler weather and the rain (we had some freezing rain today at times just makes me shiver.

Work was a bear today and I was working on a PowerPoint most of the day for a meeting tomorrow (didn't get the draft to clean up until today about 10) so I worked on it most of the day...there were about 60 slides to fix.

I think I need to log on here in a bit for an hour and go through emails for anything that is pressing.

I did get a 20 min walk in at lunch today. I will focus on pushups and stretching tomorrow.

Ceejay: I couldn't get to sleep last night when I went bed. I think I finally fell asleep about 12:30 and I get up at 5:30...I feel a bit tired tonight. I think your goal for the end of December is very doable.

Annie: Sorry to hear you are still feeling poorly. That was nice of your boss to get the cough drops for you...but I think it is time for a day at home to sleep. I know you don't want to miss with it being a new job but.....

Terra: thanks for starting the new thread. I hope the blister gets better by Friday so you can get your shopping done.

Michelle: Good to hear from you!

Hello to all the rest of the Wordlies....see you all tomorrow.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 02:30 AM   #9  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi all,
Thanks for setting up the new thread Terra and for putting the link to this one in the old thread Michelle.

Hard to believe we are in the last month of the year. Time is really flying by. I am making some headway on tasks here. Have a bunch of things to take with me to the shop tomorrow for my shift. Today was really cold - I think it was minus 6 last night and don't think it even go to 10 degrees today. I volunteered to make some dog treats for a shelter fundraiser they are having this coming weekend. I sure do hate making them as the dough is really hard and tempermental to work with. I had to trash one batch and start again. Then they have to cook for 3 hours because they don't have preservatives and have to get really hard. With a propane stove that I have, you must run the exhaust fan when you run the oven. Of course that pulls in cold air while it exhausts so the house got pretty cold. Good thing I did this late at night so DH didn't mind the chill but I had to sit in it. I wouldn't mind it as much but a double batch only makes about 7 bags of dog treats so it's a lot of work for not much result. I sure do miss the double built in oven set up I had in Memphis. Actually I miss my huge kitchen from that house!

Today the produce truck rolled into town. They make a special run around the area and that's where I got those incredible peaches last summer. This time they had navel oranges from Florida that just blows away the California crop (sorry Michelle but Florida has the goods when it comes to produce). The box contained 25 good sized oranges. I also got a box of ruby red grapefruit now that DH can eat them again - 15 big beauties. They also had pecan halves from the state of Georgia so I got 3, one pound bags of them because they will freeze up to 2 years. Pecans are good for lowering cholesterol so I can bag them up into smaller portions to eat and maybe save a bag for pecan bars or a pie for DH. I can't go overboard as the acid will give me a tummy ache but I sure did enjoy the one orange and half a grapefruit I ate today. While I did eat my citrus I guess it didn't make up for the bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich we had for supper. At least I only ate one - I was getting tired of turkey after 3 days of it. DH was happy with the menu tonight.

Suzie - I bought a CD for those times when I occasionally have trouble falling asleep - got it on Amazon and it's called Liquid Mind VIII: Sleep. The music reminds me of the sort of background music you'd hear in a movie floating in space - like Gravity with Sandra Bullock. I imagine myself floating and peaceful and I have yet to get to the end of the CD before I am conked out. Sometimes I might have gotten all the way to the 5th song but I never made it to the end. I have it on my iPOD and take it to bed with me. They warn you never to listen to it in your car as you will fall asleep. Figured I'd mention it. Good for you for getting your walk in on a busy day. Like you say, you just have to commit. Sometimes I would walk to the farther ladies room to get in extra steps. And since I always waited until the last minute if I was busy, sometimes that was a quick sprint to the door

Ceejay - yes, I hear you on the schedule. That's good planning. Hope you made it through the day - sometimes I used to want to crawl under my desk and just get 20 minutes in for a nap! The 2pm sleepies were awful.

Terra - I hope your blister heals up quickly. I liked the moleskin too. Let us know what the other product is.

Michelle - thanks for the email update - good to hear that things are progressing for you. I can totally relate to the fear that you will get hit in the stomach when in a crowd. How long will it take to heal inside?

Annie - sorry you are sick. The Nyquil does give a good sleep but it sure does make one groggy in the morning - takes a while to wake up. It was sure nice of your boss to get you some cough drops. Maybe they could let you use the steamroom in the corporate gym so you can sweat out the cold. Get to bed early and feel better. You need some turkey soup! If I ship it from here it will probably still be frozen when it gets to your door. 60 degrees yesterday - you girls are making me jealous!!!

I guess I should head to bed. Should have been in there an hour ago. Got an early start in the morning and I have been sleeping in the last few days. The dog treats are finally finished baking so I can shut everything down for the night. Now to go chase the cats off my bed and get to sleep. Night all, will post later tomorrow.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 03:37 AM   #10  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Evening all,

Better get this done before I sit back on the bed and probably drift off. I've been in the training room all day and while I like learning new stuff, there are times when I just want to get out of all the excitable people who think they are learning the bible or something. All shouting at once and thinking this program is great, where in actual fact it is good, but has some problems and will be a ***** to edit as far as I can see. Yes it is nice that you can type something in and have it converted to speech, but not when the speech sounds like Donald Duck on helium and in a hurry. They are talking about the SME (subject matter experts) creating the simulations and leaving us to pretty them up. I wonder if they have told the SME's yet. Can't see that happening.

Been talking to my Grand daughter. Her speech is really coming along. DS1 rang me and I cut him off. Then I rung him back and I heard little miss S saying 'who is it Daddy? So I said 'hello S, it is Granma, how are you?' Hey dad it's Granma. Hello Granma- we been playing ball today' She just chatted on and on and on. Poor DS1 could hardly get a word in.

Annie - hope you get better soon.

Michelle - understand you not wanting to be jostled by the unruly public.

Terra - thanks for setting up the thread.

Happy - pity those biscuits take so long. Can understand the frustration. And they must be fairly expensive to make as well - what with the cost of gas, ingredients and power and all that.

Guess it is time to go put the feet up. My left foot has gone out in sympathy with Terra's and I have a blister on the bunion area - not that I have bunion problems but that last pair of shoes I had on were obviously too tight in that area. Time for some new shoes for short, fat, flat, wide paddles again. *sigh*
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 07:42 AM   #11  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Tuesday Woes........

What a slip sliddery morning to work. Had to do a turn around and seek another route to work. Cold and sleeting, just enough on the roads to make for a slid to stop action. Me, I just slowed down, kept my distance and came to a very nice comfortable stop. What a bunch of idiots. It is not like all the local channels were not warning you to go slow and leave early. I will say those driving way too slow with their blinkers on need to stay home till is melts or traffic is not as heavy. OK rant over. At least I made it to work all in one piece.

I am feeling a teeny tiny bit better today, nothing really to write home about. Fewer cough sessions during the night was great. The final one, I just got up and got ready for work. Probably a good thing to get an earlier start due to the weather. See God does look out for us, if not for the cough session, I would of gotten up at regular time and fought all the idiots on the road and not just a few.

Last night was baked tacos for dinner. Pretty simple. It was the recipe that keeps popping up on FB. I changed the tomato sauce for taco sauce, which made them a little more tasty. C liked them, I guess that is all that matters. He has really been pitching in since I am under the weather, cleaning up the kitchen, loading the dishwashers and folding towels...hmmmm, lets see how long I can drag this out. lol

Terra...hope the blister leaves soon. Isn't this the 2nd one you have had? Maybe your shoes are not fitting like they should.

CHELLE...glad you are feeling better and getting around well. Remember drink, drink drink, WATER.

SHADDIE...aw, little S. Seems they grow up so fast. Hope the training doesn't make you completely nuts before it is over.

HAPPY...yum on the fresh produce. I love fruit and veggies. I will be waiting on the turkey soup. Probably could use a bowl or two.

SUSIE....it seems work is mostly a bear or quiet. There is no in between. I feel ya sister.

CEEG...get back on that bike and get to truckin' girl.

Hellos LAURA and DEE, make it a great day, sisters.

Have a terrific Tuesday, nite!

Loves
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 12:02 PM   #12  
Creating a Healthier Me

Good morning ladies,

I want to ask y'all a favor. Can you please send prayers, healing energy and good thoughts for my friend Bob (been referring to him as "B" on here). He has a malignant tumor in his upper thigh that was surgically removed a year ago, but apparently they didn't get it all because it came back with a vengeance. It's bigger and pressing on all all kinds of nerves. Anyway, the doctor said that the only way to make sure they get it all is to amputate his entire leg at the hip. He's having that surgery at Stanford Hospital this afternoon. Please keep him in your prayers.

Not much going on with me. Yesterday, I spent a few hours at my stepmom's playing scrabble with her, then I did a bit of shopping and went to a support group.

Today, I'm going to be spending the late afternoon and early evening at Stanford Hospital while Bob undergoes surgery. His parents, brother and sister will be there, but I want to be there as well.

Big Non-Scale Victory for me yesterday. I went to Kohls to pick up some Christmas cards and a few gifts, and I decided to look for an inexpensive Christmas-ey shirt to wear to Christmas dinner at my stepmom's. Just for kicks, I decided to look in the Misses section rather than the Women's Plus Sizes section. I tried on an Misses XL and it fit just fine! I was shocked! I haven't been in Misses sizes since 2003!! Because the shirts were very inexpensive, I bought the XL and also the Large in case I get down to that size by Christmas! I'll just return the one I don't wear since I'm hoping to be a Size Medium by Christmas 2015!

My scale at home says that I've lost 10 lbs since surgery, but I'll know for sure when I have my follow up appointment with my surgeon on Thursday. I also hope to hear at this appointment when I can start exercising (recumbent bike, water aerobics, strength training).

==================
Annie - I'm glad you're feeling a little better and good that you got an early start today so you didn't have to deal with an overabundance of idiots on the road. And congrats on the weight loss! I am drinking plenty of water, at least 60-70 ounces per day. Today when I go to the hospital, I'm going to take along my water bottle (it goes everywhere with me), some Crystal Light to flavor it, some chicken broth flavored protein powder since I'll be there at "dinner" time, and some protein shake mix. I packed along a lot of stuff yesterday when I was out and about and it worked out well for me. When I graduate to "soft" foods by the end of this week, my food won't be quite as portable, but I'll manage.

Terra - Glad your sister has a suggestion that might work for your blister.

Ceejay - Good for you for joining Terra's challenge! I hope you get back on the bike and ride, ride, ride, girlfriend.

Susie - I am definitely not missing the Midwest winters. Good for you for getting your walk in! I hope there weren't any last minute changes to the PowerPoint, and I hope you slept better last night.

Happy - I agree. Time is flying by! Minus 6?! How ironic that your house gets colder (due to the exhaust fan) when you use the oven. I'm sure the doggies will love their treats. I'm going to a humane society fundraiser this coming weekend. Pictures with Santa, so Santa and I are going to get our pictures taken with Mr. Ho Ho Ho himself. Sounds like you definitely scored with the produce truck! My friend's brother has a citrus orchard, and for Christmas she always has him send me a big box of freshly picked Clementines/Mandarin Oranges. I told her not to this year though because I wouldn't be able to eat them until after Christmas. Thanks for the tip about the CD for sleeping. I honestly don't know how long it will take for me to heal inside. My guess would be about 2-6 weeks because that's how long we have to be especially careful with what we eat. If all looks good at my appointment on Thursday, I'll be able to graduate to "soft" foods like eggs, tuna mixed with low-fat mayo, thinly sliced deli meat and very soft cooked veggies.

Shad - So cute to hear about your conversation with your granddaughter! Definitely brought a smile to my face. I hope your blister and foot pain goes away soon.

to Laura and Dee. I hope you're both doing well.

Much love and many hugs to all,
Old 12-02-2014, 06:26 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Annie and Michelle
I did ride the bike last night.

Annie
I'm glad that you are on the mend to getting well.

Michelle
I'm going to do a 7 day challenge that is mainly riding my bike and food intake. Starting over again with baby steps. Yeah for that non scale victory. Sending good vibes to your friend B.

Happy
Some ones dog will have a nice treat.

Shad
Glad you got to talk to your grand daughter. It always makes my day to get to visit with my sister's little ones.

Susie
Take some "me" time at work. Sometimes it will recharge our batteries.

Terra
Is you blister getting better? Have you found a good you tube video that you like?

----------
Not as sleepy today as I was yesterday. I went to bed last night at 9.30 and was asleep as soon as my head hit my pillow. But I did ride my bike for 3.1 miles last night to equal 15 minutes. I'm getting there little by little.
Trying to think of something simple and light to have for dinner. May eat a bowl of cereal. That's what I did last night.
No laundry to do tonight so I may dust my living room and clean the bathroom. I can't wait for my 5 day week end. Taking a couple a days vacation just for myself.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 07:34 PM   #14  
Turning Into A New Woman

CJ ~ I'm glad you accepted my challenge. I'm gonna do the same challenge I want to be 5 pounds down by the end of Dec. We can do this. Yeah I hope my blister heals quickly too. Yeah I found a video I like on youtube.

Susie ~ Your welcome. I really hope my blister is better by Friday too cause I'm in need of groceries and non food items as well.

Happy ~ The other item is Bag Balm. Its in a green tin can.

Shad ~ Your welcome, I enjoy getting to start the threads when I'm able too.

Annie ~ Yes, This is the 2nd blister I've gotten in like 2 months I think its been,Maybe 3 but since it sucks. I dont know what it causing them but I hope I find out soon so I can stop them from happening.

Michelle ~ Yeah I hope the Bag Balm works for my blister, This is the 2nd day I've used it so hopefully by Friday it wont hurt anymore to walk on.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My alarm went off at 5:00 a.m. this morning but I turned it off and went back to sleep and the next time I woke up it was 6 a.m. so I thought I needed to go ahead and get up cause my bus would be here to get me at 7:00 a.m. so I went ahead and got up and got ready to go to my appt. and then I went to my appt and then I got home at 10:30 and I've been home ever since. Although I'm sleepy right now at 6:00 p.m. I'm not gonna go to bed for another hour or two. I still need to do my chair exercises before bed. Good night everyone.
Old 12-02-2014, 09:07 PM   #15  

Height: 5'7"

I made it through my complete "to do" list today at work! I feel very accomplished. I'm out of the office tomorrow for another offsite workshop with our Admin group on the East side of our campus.

My company likes to do a lot of "team building" and renewal type things.

It will be a nice break out of the office but then that will make Thursday very busy.

I got my steps in today and stretches.

Happy: The CD sounds like a good idea. Thanks for suggesting it. I will have to look into it. DH likes to run the fan at night for the noise..it drives me crazy, I don't find it soothing..it just makes me feel cold even though it isn't blowing on us. Maybe he will be open to the CD thing.

Ceejay: DH wanted cereal for dinner tonight, so he had that and I had an egg sandwich. Some nights one just doesn't fill like a big dinner.

Michelle: What a nice surprise you got when you tried on that misses top! I will be looking forward to hearing what the doctor says on Thursday.

Annie: I was anticipating a slippery commute in today but it seemed to miss us. I'm glad you made it ok. I hope you continue to feel better every day.

Terra: I hope your appointment went well today.

Shad: Sitting in a training room all day can be a bear! Your story about your granddaughter is so cute.

Hi Laura and Dee--hope you are both well.

Time for me to fold some towels and put them away and then I'm heading for bed.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote