Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 05-21-2014, 03:42 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Default I hate buying pants!

Why can't they just make pants for someone who has my body shape? I don't understand it! I'm an hourglass/pear shape and hold most of my weight in my hips/thighs and chest. I'm so sick and tired of trying on pants that don't fit. I don't know of a single pair of pants that does not cling to my thighs. If I get a pair that fits through the thighs then the waist is so loose I can stuff a melon in it.

I know I know, get it tailored. But tailoring is soooo expensive! Why can't the clothing industry just suck it up already and make pants with freakin hips!! Seriously, if you're going to make your business out of making clothes then why not consider that women come in different shapes??? An apple and a pear cannot possibly fit into similar clothing styles!

Last edited by Palestrina; 05-21-2014 at 03:43 PM.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 03:49 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

I'm an hourglass too - the best pants for me have always been the Express Editor. Express isn't known for their amazing "curvy" fit, but I swear they're the only pants that look good on me and fit my smaller waist while accommodating my larger thigh/rear.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 04:05 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchy View Post
I'm an hourglass too - the best pants for me have always been the Express Editor. Express isn't known for their amazing "curvy" fit, but I swear they're the only pants that look good on me and fit my smaller waist while accommodating my larger thigh/rear.
Stores like Express only carry up to a large and I think size 12. I couldn't shop there even if I wanted to. Gosh what's awful is I used to date a guy who was a pants designer for Express. lol
Old 05-21-2014, 05:11 PM   #4  
Which round am I at now?

S/C/G: 158/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 5-3/4"

I started buying Old Navy Jeans because year to year the sizing is pretty consistent and they have models according to body type. We have a store in Montreal called "Jeans Jeans Jeans" where someone will find something to fit your body type.
souvenirdarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 05:13 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

I know exactly what you mean! I'm not an hourglass shape so I don't have exactly the same problem, but I can never find pants that fit my thighs and then aren't super baggy around my ankles (because I'm quite short). And I have the problem of pants ALWAYS falling down at the waist. It doesn't matter if they fit, if they're too big or too small, I have to wear a belt or else they WILL fall down.
GordonGirl16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 05:24 PM   #6  
Unstoppable Force

S/C/G: 225/ticker/137

Height: 5'6"

We need to go shopping together because I always seem to find your pants....
Novus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 05:26 PM   #7  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Find a brand that works and STICK TO IT. Like, for me, the two pairs of pants that always look good on me (or as good as any pants will look) are Calvin Klein and Ralph Lauren in their mid-rise, boot cut, especially.

My mother in law has big hips and a TINY waist. She finds LLBean works for her (absolutely DOES NOT for me).

Jeans that have a bit of spandex in them, IMO are the best fitting pants. They don't get all baggy after wearing them and they give a little where you need them too and fit loose enough in the other areas. Plus, for weight loss, it gives you a few extra pounds wiggle room in how long you can wear them too.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 10:49 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 200+/160.8/135

Height: 5'5.5

Ugh totally feel your pain. I'm an hourglass too and if I ever find anything that fits in the hips I get a huge gap at the waist Like berryblondeboys , I find pants with a little stretch to work the best for me, but flattering pants are hard to find so I end up living in dresses and skirts.
Dottington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 12:10 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 310/290.8/199

Height: 5'7

Have you tried skinny jeans? Ladies with hourglass figures can CERTAINLY rock em! They do take a little getting used to.
mb2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 07:07 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novus View Post
We need to go shopping together because I always seem to find your pants....
Haha!!!
Old 05-22-2014, 07:11 AM   #11  

@berryblondeboys, I used to wear CK and now I can't find my sizes anymore. Maybe my problem is that I like to shop at a store, I'm too scared to order clothes on line because there is nothing I hate more than going to the post office to return something. I mean, if I can't find a pair of pants to fit me out of the ten I got in the dressing room with me then what are the chances that the one pair arriving in the mail will fit? That's how I view online shopping.

I have found NYDJ jeans to fit quite well, they are expensive though, but hey it's worth it if they fit right?
Old 05-22-2014, 07:18 AM   #12  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabeskinny View Post
@berryblondeboys, I used to wear CK and now I can't find my sizes anymore. Maybe my problem is that I like to shop at a store, I'm too scared to order clothes on line because there is nothing I hate more than going to the post office to return something. I mean, if I can't find a pair of pants to fit me out of the ten I got in the dressing room with me then what are the chances that the one pair arriving in the mail will fit? That's how I view online shopping.

I have found NYDJ jeans to fit quite well, they are expensive though, but hey it's worth it if they fit right?
I don't shop at shopping malls - ever. I buy EVERYTHING from TJMaxx or Marshalls. I should try a few other such chains too like SteinMart, Ross, etc. THAT is where I always find the Calvin Klein pants and RL pants and yes even NYDJ. My mother in law just handed me her now to small NYDJ hand me downs. Their 12s are like a CK 14.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 09:21 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

I randomly pulled a pair of jeans from Target yesterday to try on - denizen curvy fit and they fit perfectly, even the petites were short enough for me. I have never, ever just pulled a pair of jeans and had them fit (with the exception of the Editor pant).

LINK
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 09:56 AM   #14  

I feel your pain from the opposite end of the body type spectrum. I have a fat stomach, no butt and no waist. In order to get a pair of pants that fits me in the waist, they end up so baggy in the butt I could stick two of your melons in there, I STILL need to wear a belt to keep them up, because no waist or hips to keep them up, and then I get accused of wearing pants that are too big!

I add my support to old navy. Their sweetheart fit is the best for me, as far as fits go, and they have a variety of cuts. This has held true for a range of sizes as well, between sizes 8 and 14. I suspect if I gained more weight back I could continue to shop their larger sizes in the same cut. If anything, my stomach is consistenly big.
Tarisaande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 07:11 PM   #15  
Stubborn.

S/C/G: 197/See ticker/135

Height: 5'6''

I have a combination of Wannabeskinny and Tariasaande...I have a gut, but a small-ish natural waist, no butt and hips to speak of an thunder thighs of doom. I have to get higher rise pants to avoid a muffin top...but things that fit loosely at the natural waist will keep my stomach in check pretty well while being sausage casings on my thighs and giving me sad saggy butt.

Sir Mix a lot would not like me.
Hotaruchan is offline   Reply With Quote