Old 01-13-2004, 08:02 AM   #1  

Default Non-Scale Victories Thread

Thought I'd crank up a new NSV's thread for us--the old one was getting pretty big!

One of mine from this past week, was that I purchased two new shirts that are a junior's size medium. Yeah, they're snug, but hey, they look good too! It's been fun (and a long time in coming) for me to be able to venture back in the jr. dept. of stores again....I don't think I'd shopped there in a good 9-10 years. Good thing I'm doing this while I'm still in my 20's, so I can get away with it some! (-; Hee hee.

OK, guys, I'm in need of some fresh inspiration & motivation.....so share some of YOUR recent NSV's! Thanks!
Jen24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 09:55 AM   #2  
anna banana

My non-scale victory of the past week is that I can now fit into my $130 juicy couture jeans. i hadn't worn them since July--it made me so sad every time I thought about them. now they fit!
bananna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 05:40 PM   #3  
Head Princess

Speaking of jeans....

Keeping in mind that the brand runs a little large, I bought a pair of size 5 jeans this weekend. Yippee!!!!

p.s. I've posted my progress pics on the Atkins forum in the stickies at the top - just in case you're interested
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 05:49 PM   #4  

I reached a goal today!!! It felt awesome. I've had it in my head for awhile that I'd like to be able to run 3 miles in 30 minutes flat--may not sound like much to some, but for ME, it's something I haven't been able to do in YEARS. And today, guess what, I DID IT! I felt like I could do ANYTHING after getting off that treadmill. (-; It has been an awesome day, full of various blessings, and I just had to share!
Old 01-16-2004, 08:00 PM   #5  
Big-time loser

S/C/G: 306.6/247.2/156-164

Height: 5'8"

Congrats Jen! That's a great victory!
jenicra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 10:07 PM   #6  
Movin' and Losin'

Way to go on the NSVs, Anna, Star and Jen!

My recent NSV is that I made it through my Pilates tape doing all the moves. I used to have to stop part way through the repitions because I couldn't take it. Look at me now!
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2004, 08:35 AM   #7  

WTG Jina! That's awesome--what a great feeling, huh? (-;
Old 01-18-2004, 05:17 PM   #8  
Big-time loser

I went through my closet today, trying stuff on. Half my bras were too big. My old jeans and shirts fit me. It was amazing. I jumped on the scale (just to check if I was dreaming) and the scale says 220. This is at 2 PM - after eating and a walk. I would be so happy if that scale stays were it is for this week's weigh-in. That would almost put me at my VDay goal already! And yesterday, my doctor complimented me on my weight loss thus far (she said I'd lost 32 lbs. since the last time I was there - this summer). What a great weekend! We've all had a lot of NSV's lately - how pleasing!
Old 01-18-2004, 06:55 PM   #9  

Jenicra--that is SO awesome! You are really movin' along; a great feeling, no doubt! (-;
And I have yet another "NSV"--today I remembered I had saved a pair of my old size 20 Old Navy pants (the ones I used to LIVE IN & had 5-6 pairs of): It was incredible! They practically fell down, and could easily be pulled down over my hips when completely fastened. Wow! And to think these pants were once TIGHT on me!?!?! It's unfathomable. Now they are clown pants; actually, they're too BIG to be clown pants--a clown would trip in them! Seeing how far I've come was just what I needed today. (-;
Old 01-18-2004, 09:05 PM   #10  
Big-time loser

Thanks so much Jen! Congrats to you too!
Old 01-19-2004, 10:52 PM   #11  
Big-time loser

Got a new one: very proud of this one. There was a BIG snickers ice cream cone in my fiance's fridge - 400 calories of nice. I grabbed it, took it to the bedroom, and even started to open it. Then I said NO! and went and put the darn thing back in that stupid freezer. I ate a chocolate chip rice cake instead. I'll take 60 cals over 400 any day.
Old 01-22-2004, 09:03 PM   #12  

Today's NSV:
I ran 20 straight minutes at 6.0 mph! A victory for me! Before, I had only run 15 straight minutes at that speed. I generally do 5-10 min. "intervals" of various speeds between 5.0-6.3 mph during my runs. It feels so good to know that my fitness level is increasing!!! (-;
Old 02-01-2004, 12:03 AM   #13  

Here's a fun one from today at Target:
I fit (albeit snugly) into a pair of SIZE TEN pants! It was awesome! Though they were certainly sized a bit generously, it still was such an incredible feeling.....there were many times I never thought I could be that small again....heck, there were times I would've killed to be a 16, even! Made me so amazed & grateful for the progress I've made with the Lord's help.
Clothing NSV's are so FUN! (-;
Old 02-01-2004, 11:15 AM   #14  

I'm trying to get back on track with my running, and I went to the gym yesterday. I decided to go a little slower than normal because I was sick all week, so I tried running 10 minute miles instead of my usual 9 - 9:30 minute miles. I realized that 10 minute miles really are just jogging for me now, I'm not breathing hard, it feels GOOD. When I first started trying to lose weight, I was lucky if I could run at a 12 min mile pace for 10 minutes straight, now I can run 3 miles in under 30 minutes without feeling tired. This, more than my clothes or my weight, makes me feel like I really have made a difference in my health.

Jen - fitting into smaller and smaller things must feel so great! You are shrinking away.
katia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 08:51 PM   #15  

Don't all these things make us feel great?

I hadn't had a NSV until this afternoon. Today in my self-defense class, we learned how to fall. We had to fall flat back on the mat, then do a backward somersault into a standing position. And I did it! A month ago I wouldn't have even tried, I was so self conscious. But I did it today!!
BlondieeAggiee is offline   Reply With Quote