Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2014, 04:55 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Community Daily Chat Tuesday 11/11/2014

IP Community Daily Chat

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home pageD
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 11-11-2014, 07:26 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Good Morning Everyone

WI today...not feeling it. Kind of bloated. Not sure what did that although I did have roasted cauliflower 2 meals in a row yesterday. So yummy. Sometimes I forget great foods I was making in the beginning and I fall into the rut of eating the same thing meal after meal....lol so glad I remembered the cauliflower.

Think I need to do some food prep today. I have meetings tonight and tomorrow so I need to have my food planned and ready. Think I need to tweek my eating time tomorrow since my meeting is at 6 I'll skip my snack @4 and do early dinner before the meeting and a snack after when I get home... Also have a concert on Thursday night. Will certainly be eating before that....don't want to be tempted with junk food there..
Old 11-11-2014, 08:13 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

Good morning,

I haven't been buying a lot of veggies at a time because they are already on their way out in the grocery stores, so I let my self run out and I was going to pick up some today, but forgot that everything in my town will be closed for remembrance day! I have maybe half a cucumber and a couple of pickles in the house. I may have to raid the inlaw's fridge for today!
Old 11-11-2014, 09:19 AM   #4  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

I am heading to the orthopedist today for a follow-up re my badly sprained ankle, and now that I have been sitting a lot with that foot elevated, my sciatica is really flaring up. The next step may be to see the chiropractor (conveniently located at my IP coach location).... I need to do something about the pain!
Getting moving will probably be the best next step, though. I miss dancing!!!
Old 11-11-2014, 09:57 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 165/145.6/125

Height: 5'3"

WI today, not sure how it will go. I have been 100% OP but did not have a loss last week and not sure it will pick up today. Not feeling it but who knows, the scale may surprise me.

Our company has an all hands meeting today. Part of that is a big breakfast served buffet style. I went thru the line and bypassed the bacon, sausage, pastries, potatoes and fruit and just grabbed a serving of scrambled eggs. Really did not even want those so will probably just drink my chocolate RTD. They did have turkey sausage but I figured that would not be OP so skipped it also.

Will check in after WI. Trying to be optimistic as I am 14-15 lbs less than I was when I started so a couple of non-spectacular weeks is to be expected from time to time.
Old 11-11-2014, 10:02 AM   #6  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Good Morning Everyone.

Today was WI and down 3.8lbs, however, only half an inch loss (from the waist, no less). Definitely a fat-burning week rather than a catching up and shaping one!

Hope the ankle recovers well, oneuh2, it's awful being injured when you want to move move move.

DeterminedDieter I know what you mean about the cupboard and fridge being bare. I get disheartened with the veggies I love going out of season (some are just not the same in frozen) so I have deliberately let my supplies dwindle so I can move to winter veg cleanly.

I miss carrots. Peas and corn not so much, but carrots are just wonderful. I've been teasing myself looking at healthy juicer recipes. I know I shouldn't because I've already been wanting an apple so badly that I could actually taste it. Ah well. Short term deprivation will make me appreciate it all the more when I can have one again.
Old 11-11-2014, 10:20 AM   #7  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Ugh....been a rough couple of weeks. Scale hasn't been kind, though my clothes still all fit better so even if it hasn't been moving down, it also hasn't been moving UP My biggest frustration right now is TOM. I haven't had it in 7 weeks, the last 2 I've had on-again off-again PMS symptoms (mostly mild cramping) but the darn thing WON'T JUST SHOW UP!!! I'm pretty sure that has a lot to do with my scale challenges, if I'm all swelled up like I'm about to have TOM but it doesn't come, I should see a pretty sizeable WHOOSH once it does finally make an appearance. I've never wanted a period to show up so badly in my life.
Old 11-11-2014, 10:25 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Had my WI today and 0 loss. Time to buckle down. I haven't been drinking water like I was since it has gotten cooler out, or eating enough veggies.... It's OK. I know that the weight WILL come off!! We've got this! My goals this week are to drink more water and eat more salad and veggies. Onward we go.
Old 11-11-2014, 10:25 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Height: 5' 2"

Hi All! I have not been on this site for a long time. I am on my 2nd round with IP, and all in. I decided to NOT go the alternative route...I tried it a couple of times, with quest bars (yum) and less expensive powders. For some reason I just didn't do well with them. So I am 100% IP this time. I have lost 28 pounds since July, and have about 15 more to go. I lose slowly, about 1 - 1/2 pounds a week.
I have found that I am really carb sensitive. I rarely have a Bar or things with over 7 carbs. It really stalls me. I quit the bars my 2nd month in, and my losses were better...2 1/2 lbs a couple of times in October. But then last week I lost nothing at all.
But the NSV are awesome. I have gone from a tight size 14 to 8 or 10...size in in Chicos! I have gone shopping in my closet, and some real shopping too. I have a lot of size 6 pants hanging in my "small size" closet. They are just waiting for me!
This site was a God-Send to me the first time.
So I thought I would pop in and say hello!
Have a super duper day everyone!
Old 11-11-2014, 10:31 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Scale was not pretty this morning - .6 (don't say "only," don't say "only"!) but I lost a couple of inches overall, and I'm finishing TOM so there's that. :P

I've been working on my water this week, trying to be aware of drinking enough. I know we have to compensate for a second cup of coffee, but do we also have to compensate for herbal tea? I've been drinking decaf lemon tea now that it's getting cold.
Old 11-11-2014, 10:47 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 273/273/180

Sounds like there are a lot of weigh ins today! That's so exciting, good luck everyone.

All good here today, I am working which sucks - and it's SO cold out! I can see a few cups of green tea in my future today.

Hope everyone has a great OP day.
Old 11-11-2014, 10:48 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 189.2/156.6/154

Height: 5'8"

Scorbett- I had the exact same issue the past few weeks. I registered a .8 gain the one week but attributed it to TOM being right around the corner- then TOM didn't show up! It finally rolled in a week and a half behind schedule this week. Hoping that it will have a positive effect on tomorrow's weigh in as I am moving into Phase 2... I know you have Tuna a couple times a week- I do too!- but I find my weigh in to be most cooperative when I have fatty cuts early in the week and have tuna with olive oil drizzled on it for the two days prior to weigh in.
Yesterday was my first day back at work... And with having four kids one of whom is an infant, I'm struggling with how I am going to incorporate exercise. My last time round it was fairly simple as I was home full time and would bring the kids with me to the gym and leave them in the child care. I live a half hour out of town so if I make a special trip in in the evening it becomes a two hour slot I have to donate... Which means even less time with the LO's
I'm thinking that I'll have to go with dvd's at home and save the gym for the weekend. Maybe I can create my own 'step class' with my girls- it's so cute watching them (they're 9 & 5) try to figure out the steps. I Will figure it out as I really enjoy exercise and it's so vital to the maintenance process.
Old 11-11-2014, 10:51 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 164.5/131.4/130

Height: 5'2.5"

Good Morning everyone!

I hope all of the WIs go great today for everyone weighing in! NSVs are just as good as the scale going down so congrats to all of the NSVs!

Another P3 breakfast down today and it was awesome - I ate it so fast it was so good. I need to slow down!

Pishposh - can't wait to hear how your P2 WI goes before your P3 start today!

JJTx - you do NOT have to compensate for herbal teas...herbal teas count towards your water for the day so drink up! Yum I love herbal teas these days especially with the chilly weather!

Have a great IP day!

Last edited by SallyE; 11-11-2014 at 10:53 AM.
Old 11-11-2014, 10:53 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Height: 5' 2"

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJTx View Post
I've been working on my water this week, trying to be aware of drinking enough. I know we have to compensate for a second cup of coffee, but do we also have to compensate for herbal tea? I've been drinking decaf lemon tea now that it's getting cold.
The good news is that herbal tea counts as your water! So no, you only have to compensate for things with caffeine since caffeine is a dieretic. So if you have decaf/herbal tea, count as it going toward the 64 oz.
Old 11-11-2014, 11:02 AM   #15  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyE View Post
Good Morning everyone!

I hope all of the WIs go great today for everyone weighing in! NSVs are just as good as the scale going down so congrats to all of the NSVs!

Another P3 breakfast down today and it was awesome - I ate it so fast it was so good. I need to slow down!

Pishposh - can't wait to hear how your P2 WI goes before your P3 start today!

JJTx - you do NOT have to compensate for herbal teas...herbal teas count towards your water for the day so drink up! Yum I love herbal teas these days especially with the chilly weather!

Have a great IP day!
Hey SallyE, When I weighed myself this morning after showering (before i went to my clinic) I was at 162.6, but my scale paused for a second at 161.8. That got me excited. Then I got to my clinic and of course I was back up to exactly what I was last week. All of my measurements were the same as last week too even though my pants are definitely feeling looser. But anyway I'm counting my home scale weight since that's what I'll be assessing myself against from here on out (I'll still be doing coach WIs, but I follow the trend from my home WIs). In the end the little difference doesn't matter too much, I'm mostly concerned with the measurements at this point.

Had my first P3 breakfast, and I ate it really fast too! Need to slow down. I also had to eat it at the office this morning because of my WI, so it'll be nice to eat at home tomorrow. I'm not sure how eating the rest of the day will go, I'm still stuffed.
Closed Thread