Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2004, 07:04 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

Default Friday Chat, January 30, 2004

Rise and shine everyone Will brb in a bit.

Tummy
Old 01-30-2004, 07:19 AM   #2  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

rise and shine?...yawn....why are you so chipper this morning?...LOL
Well, dh got home last night at 7:30pm and saved the day for ds's poor birthday fiasco!!! (dh had my keys and then went out of town for 2 days) My poor little guy....no cupcakes at school, teacher forgot his birthday, dad away....and?...NO EGGS FOR A CAKE!! the jello mould was okay with the icing and candles on it but you gotta know its not the samething!!!! anyway, dh came home and we lit up some sparklers and opened one present. Since it was dress up day today at school for the Carolina Panthers (yeah...superbowl) and lo and behold....he got a Panther sweatshirt! Now that everyone is here for the day (dh took the day off) we'll got to his "k" class with cupcakes, and a big dinner out and lots of the presents for him to open. gosh...we both feel so bad. You should have seen him dragging his heels off of the bus....I felt so crushed for him but today should more than make up for it and then his party with all his friends is tommorow!!

I haven't weighed in yet, almost afraid to. Dh came home last night with a huge...I MEAN HUGE.... choc. chip cookie for his birthday (today...yeah I know, what a weekend I'm going to have) and it was just to good to turn down after the terrible day I had. Ate more than I should have but todays another day. I told him to get rid of it...he doesn't even like cookies!!! the thing is bigger than a friggin' pizza!!!
Old 01-30-2004, 08:14 AM   #3  
Baby Steps

Tummy---morning
angel--sorry to hear about your DS's birthday. Sounds like you definitely mor than made up for it. I remember forgetting my daughters birthday. I rushed to the store and bought cookies and dropped them off at her school. So far I've only had to "live" through 1 birthday celebration (my sis) and it was strawberry shortcake so easier to resist than say.....cherry torte. Not sure I'd be strong either!!!

Well, another cold day here (but I'm sure not as cold as some people have it). Tonight I have a sleepover w/my DD's Girl Scout troop. NOT looking forward to sleeping on the floor w/a bunch of chatty girls! Then tomorrow they're supposed to be going snowshoeing. Hopefully they cancel that due to being too cold! I'm trying to figure out what I can have for breakfast tomorrow morning seeing how I'm not going to have access to healthy food that I can eat (in fact, I'm bringing celery and stuff for tonight for ME to munch on due to them bringing junk food for the kids). Then I've got to rush home and take my youngest DD to this horse thingy. She might get to ride a horse...but once again w/it being this cold? Who knows! Then it's spending the weekend helping hubby stuff venison sausage (which I'm hoping I CAN eat!!). But from 8-12 I've got to look like I'm busy. Guess I'll be "laboring" over spreadsheets to see if I can get them to work out right before handing them into the boss.

Hope you all have a great day
Old 01-30-2004, 08:19 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

Angel eyes, believe it or not, I've turned into one of those annoying morning ppl since starting atkins. Luckily, I don't have to interact with "real" ppl until later so I don't annoy the living daylights out of them. But rest assured I used to be one of those folks that needed to drag my sorry butt out of bed last year, I still know the feeling.

Brenda, have fun with the little girlies, with all the giggling and such.

Still cold but I'm almost getting used to it . If you can't beat 'em...

And really, who cares, it's friday! Today's pick up emergency pager day, So hopefully everything will go well, it's only for 7 days, and I only have it once a year. We have a going away party for one of our long term social workers tonight so at least it's a great excuse not to touch the alcohol.

Down my 2nd pound this week, still right on track and only 7 away from the 160's, it's been 5 years since I been to that part of the country I'll let you guys know what it looks like, I bet it's beautiful.

Happy Friday!

Tummy

Last edited by Tummy Girl; 01-30-2004 at 08:21 AM.
Old 01-30-2004, 08:34 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 208/199/128

Morning Girls!! I've been MIA Since last week. Probably because I've been dippingin to the high carbs. (phew, confession's done!) Yes, I had a bad few days, but the good news is I'm back on track and only up 1.5 pounds!!! Should come off quick, right?

Ok, I'm with you guys on the busy weekend! Does it just get crazier the older they get! Tonight we are going to Chuck E Cheese for a birthday party (45 min drive one way)! Then tomorrow I have a run scheduled with a friend at the gym at 8:30. Sometime between 9a and 5p we have to drive the the Boy Scout Expo (30 min drive one-way). Then we have a home game and after game party for hubby, because it's his birthday and I dont' even have him a gift yet!!!! Help!!

Ok, enough! I'm back on track. Had a good day yesterday and have started out great today. I must admit I didn't get TOO far off track, but you just beat yourself up over it after working so hard to get where you are. Well, I suppose I should make an attempt to look like I"m working on SOMETHING.
Old 01-30-2004, 08:43 AM   #6  

angel-eyes: OK ANGEL-EYES! This means war! I am from Patriots country!

ok, but really.....I am not a football fan. I only get somewhat interested during the playoffs etc. BUT STILL......we are going to win.

lady_adnerb: One of the funniest things I remember from girl scout sleepovers was trying to "levitate" someone. I can still see us all in the cabin in a circle around someone with our hands under them trying to lift them without lifting them..... That and the smores of course!

Tummy Girl: I have never been a morning person and Atkins hasn't turned me into one either! That is one of the reasons my husband and I get along so well....neither one of us likes the morning. Congrats on the 2 pounds this week I am desperately trying to get into the 150's but my damn scale has other ideas I guess.

LoriAS: Welcome back....yes it will come off. We all stray once in a while. I am determined to not go off track this weekend. I don't have any problem with the food as much as the alcohol. OYE! I don't want to be up on Monday and then have to be good all week just to lose that.
Sounds like you will be busy this weekend too! I think the common denominator is children. They seem to have you all runnin!

I too should go look like I am working on something....talk more later.
Old 01-30-2004, 08:44 AM   #7  
Total Sass Bucket

Morning all!

Angel, I'm sorry you feel so poorly about the birthday fiasco... don't stress over the cookie incident.. you'll be back on track before you know it!!!! Kicking yourself will only give you bruises!
I can't even tell you how glad I am it's FRIDAY!!!! No class tonight so I will finally be able to relax. We have this huge test on Monday though so it's probably going to be all that I think about this weekend. Last night class ran late and it was one of those things where I got home and it was time to go to bed!!! I hate that.
Today is looking go though. I have my post evaluation conference with the principal, and he told me yesterday that it shouldn't take long because it was an outstanding lesson so hopefully it'll be as good as he let on!!!!!
And, if you could all say a quick prayer for my mother's boyfriend's mother.... she's having brain surgery today to remove the tumor. Thanks.
Old 01-30-2004, 08:45 AM   #8  

Good morning girls, just saying a quick hello today. I feel terrible, a nasty cold hit me about lunchtime yesterday. It hurts to breathe and swallow, and I have a terrible earache. I'm going to spend most of the day relaxing I think. I was going to go grocery shopping, but not sure yet. I'd almost rather go sick, then have to take the kids and hubby tonight, or later tomorrow. So, time to get some rest, and try to stay warm. I hope it's warmer for everyone else today. Only expecting a high of 1 degree F here, it's -12F right now. BRRRRRR!
Old 01-30-2004, 09:05 AM   #9  
one step at a time..

Morning everyone,
just wanted to pop in and say a quick hello before class.
yay for Friday!
have a great day everyone
Old 01-30-2004, 09:09 AM   #10  

Shimma: I will be thinking of your friends mother. Let us know how everything turns out.

nutski: Sorry you are sick. Get well soon

lixue: Good morning. Have a great day.
Old 01-30-2004, 09:14 AM   #11  
Mom, Queen of Everything

Morning everyone!

I'm so excited because I decided to take a day off of work just to get some paperworky sort of affairs in order. I'm soooo behind on my paperwork for taxes and other household stuff so I'm making this the day I put a dent in it! I seem to be on an adrenaline high when it comes to my WOE this week. I feel so much more in control, and I honestly think that it's the Fitday. Those pie diagrams are just what the doctor ordered. It helped to see that my fat intake was waaaaaaayyyyyy too low on most days and how it directly correlated to my slowdown! I'll check in later, as soon as I find my 1098 forms!

Tummy: I know what you mean. I've always had to get up early for work, but now I'm finding that the brain fog actually clears way in advance of getting to work!

Angel: It's amazing what us moms will do in a crunch, heh? That jello cake is a winner!

Brenda: Take your vitamins, girl! Sounds like you have one busy schedule these days. Hey, maybe if you strap on some rollerblades it'll help you get from point A to point B on time..... Ta Da.....here comes SUPERMOM!

Lori: Good to see you back. Maybe Brenda should send you those rollerblades when she's finished! :smirk:

Jane: I'm not much of a fan either, but when the Ravens play, watch out!

Shimma: Good thoughts going out to you today. Hope the surgery goes well. I, too, hate those post-observation conferences. But then, I also vomit waiting for the principal to come in for the observation. Then, something takes over and I kick it into high gear and always seem to do well. If only I taught that well EVERY day!! Now, go crush that exam!

Nutski: Stay warm and get well. Let someone else do your running for you and stay inside!
Old 01-30-2004, 09:15 AM   #12  
Mom, Queen of Everything

Lix: We crossed paths on the info highway. Good morning! Have a good class!
Old 01-30-2004, 09:19 AM   #13  
Sha

Shimma... please let us know how your all doing..Your in my thoughts and prayers.
Tummy Girl ...congrats You are always one of the frist one to say that to others.
Star ... Just want to say thanks for always being there to answer questions.
I am so bad with names. but do want to thank all of you for your support. So very glad this week is over. I was suppost to go in to the Dr. and have my BP taken.. I decided to wait until next week. ha ha
Old 01-30-2004, 09:31 AM   #14  
The Princess O' Pets

Ladies!!!
just dropping by to say Hellllllooooooooo!! and I hope all of you have a beautiful day!!

YIPPEEEEEE!!!!! I finally BROKE 250!! I am officially at ((((249)))))!!!!!!!!

I am sooooo happy and I owe it all to you guys and the great support you give me everyday!!! thankyou!!!!

Talk later! gotta go to work early.
Old 01-30-2004, 09:37 AM   #15  
Total Sass Bucket

Woooo hoooo!!!! Way to go Theo'sGirl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Closed Thread