Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 06:42 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Community Daily Chat Tuesday 10/21/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home pageD
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 10-21-2014, 06:48 AM   #2  
Started IP Sep 12/14

S/C/G: 271.9/235/150 or 140

Height: 5'7" (Age 51)

Default I Did It, I Did It...

The first 25 gone...never to be seen again. Good riddance to bad rubbish. Oh this feels sooo good

Andi

Old 10-21-2014, 07:26 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Andi - Yeah you! Keep up the great work....

Back from California and 90% on program. The only 2 mishaps were Caesar salad at the wedding, already dresses and since it was off site catered I could not get a substitute. I was starving by the time it came out after skipping all the appetizers and no drinking for me, so that was one. Wound up that they had roasted veggies with the dinner....had I known, I would have skipped that salad. Oh well....second was one other meal my salad came out with bacon in it. I didn't realize because it was dark (we were eating outside) and it was sort buried in the salad. When I got to them it was so far in I just said screw it and ate them. They were small and impossible to pick out and tasted so good.....so instead of beating myself up over them I just at it and enjoyed my dinner.

I am back home and off to stock up the fridge to set myself up for success this week. Many compliments on my weight loss and my determination this weekend from friends and family have put me in a great mind space to get thru the next few holiday months. Fortunately I do all the cooking for thanksgiving and Christmas so I can be compliant. I bought Halloween candy that I don't like lol...
Old 10-21-2014, 08:01 AM   #4  
IP Started 9/29/2014

S/C/G: 215/194/155

Height: 5.5

Congrats Andi and Sue!

Now, yesterday was the topic of hair loss . . . I hadn't heard of it and now after finally having my hair back from chemo treatments, has me a bit concerned! What percentage does this affect?

I'm also curious to know, how frequently does everyone weigh themselves? I have an Aria Scale and it syncs with my Fitbit and MFP accounts. I'm competitive with a few of my friends and so we all weigh everyday.

Oh, where do I find my "official" join date?

Pinkie

Last edited by Pinky2012; 10-21-2014 at 08:02 AM.
Old 10-21-2014, 08:10 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

Wow, great success ladies. More proof you can keep pretty much OP when travelling.

Have a great day everyone
Old 10-21-2014, 09:12 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

I just have to share...so this past week was a struggle for me. I felt extra hungry all week. For the first time since starting the program (in May I came close to cheating, but I didn't!! but I was upset that I even thought about it! I was just in a blah mood. The entire week! I didn't expect the scale to move much, probably because I am in the bad habit of weighing pretty much every day and my scale has stayed the same. Well I was pleasantly surprised at my WI today. I lost 3.5 lbs!! What a way to get my focus back!!
Old 10-21-2014, 09:29 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 140/138/115 (Reboot-Nov. 2015)

Height: 5'-3 1/2"

I started back on IP yesterday after doing really well on the program and going back to my old ways that I now know, unfortunately I can't eat what I want in life if I want to stay slim. My downfall is red wine and sweets. Even though I tracked the calories, it is the sugar that made me go up for sure. My calories were never over, or rarely over 1500 a day and I kept slowly going up. Now I am 10 pounds up from my old goal weight. My new goal weight is 5 pounds less since I found when I did phase 4, I went up 5 pounds and I did it a couple of times so that being the case, I hope this new plan works. IP has been the best diet that I have ever done and it works. 100% works the best and fastest.
Old 10-21-2014, 09:31 AM   #8  

Day 1 went pretty good I think...
B - protein shake with coffee mixed
L - protein shake, 2 cups of Cum,onions,mushrooms w/evo,cdv
D - ground turkey w/chopped bellpepper, onion, mushrooms, garlic salt, sea salt, ginger, red pepper flakes, 1 1/2 cups of rutabaga w/evo
S - protein shake and 72oz of water

Today I hope it goes as well
B - protein shake w/coffee mixed to far
45 % of water so far...

I was for sure that I would have felt hungery yesterday during the process of the day, but actually I felt full all down and not even tempted to cheat...my BF fixed him a choc. Ice cream cone last night and he asked me if I wanted one and I told him no....didn't even bother me...the 8 oz.s of meat is a lot of meat....do you have to eat all of this???
Old 10-21-2014, 09:38 AM   #9  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Awesome job Andi and Sue! Best feeling ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbygail2006 View Post
Day 1 went pretty good I think...
B - protein shake with coffee mixed
L - protein shake, 2 cups of Cum,onions,mushrooms w/evo,cdv
D - ground turkey w/chopped bellpepper, onion, mushrooms, garlic salt, sea salt, ginger, red pepper flakes, 1 1/2 cups of rutabaga w/evo
S - protein shake and 72oz of water

Today I hope it goes as well
B - protein shake w/coffee mixed to far
45 % of water so far...

I was for sure that I would have felt hungery yesterday during the process of the day, but actually I felt full all down and not even tempted to cheat...my BF fixed him a choc. Ice cream cone last night and he asked me if I wanted one and I told him no....didn't even bother me...the 8 oz.s of meat is a lot of meat....do you have to eat all of this???
Yes you need to eat the full 8oz of meat (this diet is SUPER low calorie so every bit of food we CAN have is important!) But you want to make sure that you are weighing the meat RAW. Meat loses some volume in cooking as the juices evaporate, so 8 oz of raw meat ends up being closer to 6-7 oz cooked. If you still have trouble eating the full 8oz in one sitting, you can split it up and have some with your lunch, then the rest at dinner. Many people have been successful either splitting it 50/50, or having 2oz at lunch and 6oz at dinner. Whatever works best for you is fine as long as you get it all in!
Old 10-21-2014, 10:13 AM   #10  
Started IP Sep 12/14

S/C/G: 271.9/235/150 or 140

Height: 5'7" (Age 51)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky2012 View Post
Congrats Andi and Sue!

Now, yesterday was the topic of hair loss . . . I hadn't heard of it and now after finally having my hair back from chemo treatments, has me a bit concerned! What percentage does this affect?

I'm also curious to know, how frequently does everyone weigh themselves? I have an Aria Scale and it syncs with my Fitbit and MFP accounts. I'm competitive with a few of my friends and so we all weigh everyday.

Oh, where do I find my "official" join date?

Pinkie
I weigh myself at home every single morning. Shortly after getting out of bed and naked of course. This is the most accurate weight. I know we should only weigh ourselves once a week but this is a habit I'm not willing to give up. As long as you realize that weight does fluctuate throughout the week. So just don't get discouraged when/if you see a slight increase. My "ticker" shows my daily morning weight and my "signature" shows my weekly WI @ IP. At IP I'm always about 5 to 6 lbs heavier than my morning weigh in at home. Obviously because I've eaten throughout the day, been a little more active (since I didn't just get out of bed) and I'm wearing clothes. But both weights are consistent weekly. So I know the morning of my IP weigh in I'll be about 5 to 6 lbs more than that at IP..which is always in the evening.

Andi

Old 10-21-2014, 10:19 AM   #11  
IP start date: 6/23/14

S/C/G: 294/202/155

Pinky: I am a daily (or almost daily) weigher. Everyone is different. For me, weighing myself every morning helps me get into the weightloss mindset first thing in the morning. It has become part of my IP routine. Daily weight fluctuations don't bother me because I know they are part of the process. For other people, weighing daily adds uneccessary stress and self doubt since the scale can fluctuate over the course of the week due to water retention or a myriad of other reasons.

The official protocol us to weigh weekly but you need to make the decision that is best for you. Fwiw, I weigh daily but only count my weekly weigh in at the coaches office as my "official" weight.
Old 10-21-2014, 10:20 AM   #12  
IP start date: 6/23/14

S/C/G: 294/202/155

Sue: AMAZING! You rocked both vacations! Wtg!
Old 10-21-2014, 10:30 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 164.5/131.4/130

Height: 5'2.5"

Andi - Congrats on hitting the 25 lb mark!!!

Sue - Sounds like you did awesome on your trip - you are a great "Traveling IP Inspiration"!!! You do great on your trips!

Pinkie - I also have an Aria and I am a daily weigher. I love tracking it and seeing the patterns and LOVE my Aria, except the body fat% is way off (about 5% higher then my bf% at my center).

Kelly - GREAT WI! Congrats!

Blondi - welcome back! I am sure you will lose those lbs quickly!

Abby - your food looks great - way to go on your 1st day!

I am on my last week of P1...excited and nervous to move on to P2 next Monday! I am aiming for being at 132, 2lbs away from my goal, when I go to WI next Monday..but I might be dreaming on that...these losses as I get closer to my goal are really slow! I hope everyone has a great day!
Old 10-21-2014, 10:35 AM   #14  
Certified Fat Chick

Help! I've been on the program 2.5 weeks and haven't cheated. I left my lunch at home on the counter this morning! I work an hour's drive away so can't go home and get it. So have no lunch, snacks, or supplements. Thinking to go get a quarter chicken dinner at Swiss chalet for lunch? I think you can get steamed veggies or a salad on the side. Hope they have oil and vinegar dressing. No snack this afternoon I guess. Gonna be a long day
Old 10-21-2014, 10:58 AM   #15  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

Happy Tuesday everyone!!

Andi - Great Job! Keep it up!

Sgrealtor1 - Don't get down about the cheats. You have been doing great so far and you have the right mindset to jump back on it!! Looking forward to seeing more of your progress!!

Pinky - I was a weekly weigher only at my clinic visit up until about the last 15 lbs to goal and I started weighing myself daily or every other day. I still only record what my clinic scale says on my visits Friday morning. I'm just trying to get into a habit for maintenance.

Kelly They say those EXTRA HUNGRY days usually mean a whoosh is coming!! You are gonna be in ONEDERLAND in no time!! That's so exciting!!!!

abbygail2006 I got used to eating that much meat REAL fast. I really like meat though and have my few ways to cook it and I branch out here and there with new recipes. It does look like a huge serving on the plate though.

nat - Happy to see my fellow June starter! I hope things are well.

DaCooler Eat 8 oz of IP approved meat and 2 cups of veggies for lunch and your snack for dinner. Do you have a GNC near you that you can go grab a quest bar? Anywhere you can get a couple boiled eggs and eat one and the egg whites of another? I'm just trying to throw some ideas out there. I'm sorry you forgot your lunch.
Closed Thread