Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2014, 06:10 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Community Daily Chat Friday 10/17/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home pageD
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 10-17-2014, 07:30 AM   #2  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

It's FRIDAY!! We made it to the weekend!

WI day for me too, and I'm down another 2.8lbs and 1.25 inches gone! That's 19.6lbs in 7 weeks!! WAHOO!

This weekend will pose a few challenges - kids have a long karate class on Saturday, and the elementary school's spaghetti supper/harvest party is that night. Sunday we have a birthday party to go to, plus food shopping, errand running, and general craziness. Tonight I'll be making sure I have packets all ready to go so I don't have to think about what I'm eating, and I'll be looking at the times to see if I need to switch lunch & dinner anywhere. It's so much less tempting to cheat when you have a plan!

Hope everyone has a fantastic day!
Old 10-17-2014, 08:18 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

Happy Friday Everyone!!!

Great job scorbett1103, it sounds like you are ready for the challenges you will face this weekend

I hope everyone enjoys their weekend and stays OP
Old 10-17-2014, 08:43 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 165/145.6/125

Height: 5'3"

Happy Friday! It will be a challenging weekend for me as well. Homecoming game tonight, volunteering for some of the festivities. Going straight from work so will take a bar to eat to keep the hunger away until I get home. Going on a college visit tomorrow with my daughter. It is a day set up by the university for lots of families and potential students to come tour and get to know the campus. A 3 hour drive and then they also serve us lunch. Not sure what is on the menu but I will take my packets just in case and be prepared.

I still feel great and seem to have more energy although still a little tired when I get up at 5am..........need to go to bed earlier but there's so much to do at night.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 10-17-2014, 10:15 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 242/217/180

Height: 5'6

Happy Friday Everyone!

I also thought I had a challenging weekend ahead of me. I have a birthday/Halloween party to attend. The hostess is always cooking delicious rich meals. I had to phone her last night and explain my diet, so she wouldn't be offended on Saturday. I didn't expect her to change her plans or anything, just thought I would mention why I wouldn't be eating. I told her I would eat before and bring a bar with me to the party. She insisted no-way. She offered to make me a special meal IP friendly (and is looking forward to trying new recipes on pinterest). It's wonderful when some friends are very supportive.

Good luck this weekend!!

Old 10-17-2014, 10:20 AM   #6  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by danibee27 View Post
Happy Friday Everyone!

I also thought I had a challenging weekend ahead of me. I have a birthday/Halloween party to attend. The hostess is always cooking delicious rich meals. I had to phone her last night and explain my diet, so she wouldn't be offended on Saturday. I didn't expect her to change her plans or anything, just thought I would mention why I wouldn't be eating. I told her I would eat before and bring a bar with me to the party. She insisted no-way. She offered to make me a special meal IP friendly (and is looking forward to trying new recipes on pinterest). It's wonderful when some friends are very supportive.

Good luck this weekend!!

Awesome!!! It can be tough to share your diet restrictions, but it usually pays off I had a similar experience with a friend's wedding my first time on IP - but she called the caterer for me, and they made sure I had something safe to eat. I've also seen NUMEROUS times here when people get out of their comfort zone and communicate their diet needs before an upcoming social event...and it ends up turning into a conversation about IP...and friends/family members give the program a try. We never need to be uncomfortable talking about our diet restrictions!
Old 10-17-2014, 10:41 AM   #7  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

Happy Friday Everyone!! Down 1.8 lbs at this weeks weigh in! Puts me 11 lbs til goal!! I can't believe I am getting so close!!!

I talked to my coach about what I should do for Thanksgiving since I should be right around goal at the time of it and she said we would revisit it at the end of the month. I may just give myself a free day and then go back to P1 for a day and then continue P1 or P2, wherever I am at that time.
Old 10-17-2014, 11:27 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 164.5/131.4/130

Height: 5'2.5"

Scorbett and Kissi - NICE LOSSES!!! Congrats!

I have had a couple of the "you are looking thin!" comments lately. Last night, I actually had someone ask me to stand up so they could see my weight loss - now this made me very uncomfortable! I wasn't really sure how to respond to that so I just said I will later. We were at a football game sitting in the bleachers (not to mention it was crowded so I am sure people sitting around us heard her ask me that!) and I think she could tell I was uncomfortable. They ended up leaving before us so it was fine, but jeez!

Have a great weekend everyone!!!
Old 10-17-2014, 12:37 PM   #9  
IP Start Date 07/11/14

S/C/G: 199/161.0/140

Height: 5'2" (almost)

Happy Friday y'all!

to everyone on their WIs this morning!

I had such a wooooosh this morning at WI. . . . I'm down another 5lbs! I wasn't expecting that at all. Just another 30 lbs. to goal

NSV this morning. . . . I tried on a pair of jeans I haven't worn since I don't remember when. They're a high waist with a couple of buttons and a zipper. The zipper zipped just fine, the bottom button was a breeze, and the top button (with a little effort) came together too. What a great feeling!

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
Old 10-17-2014, 02:14 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Good going everyone!! Happy Friday. I got called in to work the 3pm-11pm shift at a school where they are installing new surfacing for the tennis courts. I just have to prevent the Jr. High kids from crossing the surface until it's dry. Wish me luck, lol. You know how kids are: the straightest path between two points, and "look! here's something I can leave my mark on." I am hoping for rain especially later in the shift, to keep wanderers away from the open area, . Unfortunately I will be missing out on some awesome opportunities for live music or a local production of the Odd Couple at our Theatre (we have lots of talent in the area). I was hoping to do something nice with DH tonight to take my mind off 'things' (those of you who read the IP maintainers threads will know what I mean), but he will be asleep by the time I get home.

ETA: Well, the job got postponed until tomorrow because of the rain, lol, ironic after my above comment. Apparently it won't cure properly in the rain. So I will likely be working tomorrow afternoon instead. That means I can buy tickets to something for tonight! Yaaay!!!

Here's a random bit I found on the net on how to save even more at Target when clothes or grocery shopping (helpful for getting those 'fast fashions' when you are quickly losing weight and changing sizes). I try not to buy fast-fashion if possible because I know what these factories are like and how the workers are so often taken advantage of, but for short term solutions it would be helpful for many 'losers', I'm sure.
http://budgetstyle.about.com/od/Wher...-at-Target.htm

Liana

Last edited by canadjineh; 10-17-2014 at 04:09 PM.
Old 10-17-2014, 02:47 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 265.6/154/150

Happy Friday!! Scale seems stuck this week. I am at 49lbs lost on my home scale. Come on ONE more pound!!!

NSV - two male co-workers commented at two different times today how nice I looked...."have I done something new to my hair?" I just smiled, answered yes, trying something different,and kept on my way. Didn't really want to fess up about IP with these guys but I will take the compliment! Lol
Old 10-17-2014, 03:08 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 276/-/140

Height: 5'4

Hey everyone! Hope you all have a successful weekend and enjoy yourselves!

I'll be going back for my reboot weigh in on Monday afternoon. Going to get back OP Tuesday morning, bright and early. I'm super excited. Happy to be back on board and back with the great support from this website!

Good luck to all and I look forward to sharing my experiences with you all as well as hearing yours!
Old 10-17-2014, 04:12 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTXChk View Post
Happy Friday!! Scale seems stuck this week. I am at 49lbs lost on my home scale. Come on ONE more pound!!!

NSV - two male co-workers commented at two different times today how nice I looked...."have I done something new to my hair?" I just smiled, answered yes, trying something different,and kept on my way. Didn't really want to fess up about IP with these guys but I will take the compliment! Lol
LOL, yes, you have done something different with your hair...your hair now has less 'body'.

Sorry, bad joke, but I had to!
Liana
Old 10-17-2014, 04:16 PM   #14  

Height: 5'5"

Congrats all of you! Today is day one of my reboot. I met with my coach yesterday and got all my packets. It has been over a year and a half since I did the program. I did regain the lost weight (20) plus added 6 more pounds. I'm just glad I'm now back on it! I love my coach and look forward to "looking forward" instead of regretting. I'm still in my foot boot for 10 more weeks but that is better than dealing with foot surgery �� Have a great weekend y'all!
Old 10-17-2014, 04:52 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 304/294/129

Height: 5'5"

Smile New to Ideal Protein, Day 5

I'm really liking the Ideal Protein program so far. I'm on day 5 and have already gone down 10 lbs.! I know that won't last and it's just the first week, but what a way to start! It took me a month to lose that much on Atkins. I, like probably a lot of you here, have tried just about every diet. The second I found out about IP, I called and made an appointment. My weigh in is on Monday.

I've set up a chart for how much weight I want to lose, what I weigh and what I've already lost in each box and made one box for every pound lost. I've already checked off the first full row of boxes!

I've watched many testimonials online and am amazed at how much people have lost on this. This sounds too good to be true but I'm willing to try! Because I'm willing to to try everything and have!

I wish I knew how to make those cute bars at the bottom where you can track how much you lost... Anyone know how?

Thanks!

One for each 10 lbs. lost
Closed Thread