Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2014, 07:15 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Community Daily Chat Monday 9/29/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 09-29-2014, 10:15 AM   #2  

S/C/G: Goal: 150

Height: 5'8"

Good Monday morning! I just had my protein shake and am ready for an OP day!
Hope everyone had a great weekend. We were busy but I was able to still stay OP - although it does stink eating a plain salad with the family at a pizza place
I'll try to avoid that happening again. It felt empowering after at least!
Here's to willpower!
Old 09-29-2014, 10:27 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 178.8/178.8/155

Height: 5'10

KDmom2: I feel for you. Eating cucumbers at a professional football game when surrounded by hotdogs, chicken fingers, fries, and beer is a test to willpower too. Congratulations for staying OP!
Old 09-29-2014, 10:31 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 178/155/140

Height: 5'4"

Like the PP's there were lots of temptations to overcome this weekend. But I got through them all and feel much better for it.

I started reading the Beck Diet Solution this weekend, and a couple of the ideas are really resonating with me. I particularly like the idea of strengthening my resistance muscle. I know that I DO feel better after I've resisted temptation -- and it gets easier every time.

There have been a couple of instances in the book where I thought she doesn't really get how I personally think as an overweight person, but I'm definitely getting some good ideas from the book.
Old 09-29-2014, 10:55 AM   #5  
IP start date: 6/23/14

S/C/G: 294/202/155

I forgot to tell you guys: The day after I posted on here about the cookies, my husband threw them away. I never had even a bite of them. VICTORY!

He just made some more cookies a couple of days ago but they are double chocolate. Not even a blip on my radar screen. I'm not a chocolate fan. My son had a few and my husband had quite a few (judging by how many are left) but I assume those will get tossed too eventually. Unless he finishes them off tonight.

I wish he would stop making junk food for my son's sake though. :/

I had my WI today and I am barreling towards 60 pounds lost. 70 pounds lost will be my halfway point. I am focused and driven to succeed on this diet!

Congratulations to everyone that successfully strengthened their resistance muscle this weekend! It isn't easy but it sure is worth it in the end!
Old 09-29-2014, 11:29 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

WTG Nat!!

I was going to suggest if he makes your favorites again, throw them out straight from the cookie sheet/cooling rack!
Old 09-29-2014, 11:36 AM   #7  
IP start date: 6/23/14

S/C/G: 294/202/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJTx View Post
WTG Nat!!

I was going to suggest if he makes your favorites again, throw them out straight from the cookie sheet/cooling rack!
haha, I'd REALLY like to just throw them straight from the cookie sheet into his face. But that is more of that resistance muscle that I am strengthening. It helps with more than just food! lol
Old 09-29-2014, 11:39 AM   #8  
I'm a loser!

S/C/G: 320/279.7/200

Height: 5'7"

After a crazy week of eating out, late or mistimed meals, and just plain fun and craziness, I am proud to say I stayed on track the best I possible could, and managed to lose..... 3.6 pounds!!!!!

This is a total of 20.5 pounds on Ideal Protein in four weeks! I am now exactly half way to my first goal (including all losses over the last year)!

I am going to start adding in some light exercise this week, and we will see how that effects my losses. I am so happy I found this!
Old 09-29-2014, 11:39 AM   #9  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

What a wonderful weekend for the resistance! Well done all of you who didn't cave in.

Beautifully sunny day here, makes the spirits lift in the sunshine. The smell of the vanilla cookies is invading the house. Poor DH couldn't resist eating more than his portion, so he'll be light on his snack this evening.

Trying out lots of recipes for the packets and have enjoyed them all so far. Thanks to everyone who has contributed and shared, they make a BIG difference to the variety level in P1.

A week on the enzymes and the indigestion, gas and "potty issues" have resolved. They have improved my ability to eat broccoli more often.

Hope everyone's fired up for a great week. We've got this, let's lose some weight!
Old 09-29-2014, 11:42 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 221/192.4/160

Height: 5 '8

I think it was mentioned before that some phased off quickly and got back on to beat a stall in losses. For those who did, how fast was the phase out and back? How many days of P2, P3 before P1 again?
Old 09-29-2014, 12:30 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Good Morning Everyone....

B][/B]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nat1015 View Post
I forgot to tell you guys: The day after I posted on here about the cookies, my husband threw them away. I never had even a bite of them. VICTORY!
Great Job~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imanadams View Post
After a crazy week of eating out, late or mistimed meals, and just plain fun and craziness, I am proud to say I stayed on track the best I possible could, and managed to lose..... 3.6 pounds!!!!!

This is a total of 20.5 pounds on Ideal Protein in four weeks! I am now exactly half way to my first goal (including all losses over the last year)!

I am going to start adding in some light exercise this week, and we will see how that effects my losses. I am so happy I found this!
Woo Hoo on your 20lb mark...Was so thrilled when I saw that first 20 down...

Working today. WI Thursday and I am praying that the scale goes under the 240 mark....Ugh..
Old 09-29-2014, 12:47 PM   #12  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

Happy Monday Everyone! I got through my closet this weekend and am donating a good bit of clothes. If they were nicer clothes, I would offer them for a clothing swap, but I didn't really have anything.

I'm still so happy about my WI last Friday. Hitting the 40 lb lost mark in less than 4 months. It really makes a difference if you stick 100% OP. It felt like it would be forever for my ticker to hit the halfway mark and now I'm in my last 20 lbs to lose!!! I'm hoping this week I break into the 140s since getting into the 150s was so difficult for me.

I'm going to walk in the park a couple nights this week because I really think my good losses the last two weeks were as good as they were because I traveled and went to two football games and walked over 15K steps and SWEATED.
Old 09-29-2014, 12:51 PM   #13  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Happy Monday!

I can relate to the weekend food temptations - we had a Cub Scout meeting Friday with TONS of snacks and treats....I munched on my bar. Kids had tacos on Saturday with all the fixins....I ate a taco salad. Kids asked me for homemade banana bread on Sunday. Made a loaf WITHOUT LICKING THE BOWL. I pulled out a pair of sequined size 8 pants and reminded myself that no food, no B/L/T was worth NOT getting back into those jeans and all the other clothes I am too big for right now!

I made a big batch of P1 friendly veggie soup - for 3 servings I use 1 can of No Added Salt diced tomato (about 1.5 cups of veggie), then 4.5 cups of whatever Phase 1 veggies I want to toss in. This week I used 1 cup turnips, 2.5 cups chopped zucchini, and 1 cup chopped mushrooms. 3 cups of College Inn FF/Low Sodium broth, some basil, paprika, salt and turmeric and simmer till it's done! I portion it out as soon as it cools - first divide the veggies into 3 containers (it ended up being about 1 and 1/3 cup cooked veggies each) and then divide the liquid (it worked out to about 1 cup broth each). It's a little extra work, but now I have perfectly portioned soup!
Old 09-29-2014, 12:51 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 164.5/131.4/130

Height: 5'2.5"

We are having a great day of losses and NSVs!! Congrats to everyone!!

I finally had a "big" loss for me - down 2.2 lbs this week....this is a much welcomed loss after going up and down less than a lb for about 3 or 4 weeks! I am happy - 6.6 lbs to go to goal!
Old 09-29-2014, 12:59 PM   #15  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyE View Post
We are having a great day of losses and NSVs!! Congrats to everyone!!

I finally had a "big" loss for me - down 2.2 lbs this week....this is a much welcomed loss after going up and down less than a lb for about 3 or 4 weeks! I am happy - 6.6 lbs to go to goal!
Woo hoo! Almost there!
Closed Thread