Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2014, 07:02 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Community Chat Tuesday 9/23/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 09-23-2014, 07:23 AM   #2  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Chipndip: I ran my numbers through that same calculator you used. I wouldn't put much stock in it.

According to that calculator, I'm overweight (even marginally overweight) down to 153 lbs. I would have to be 150lbs to be considered at a "healthy" weight by their standards.

Having already been down that road before the first time I was on IP, I happen to know unequivocally that 150lbs is NOT a maintainable weight for me. I went into maintenance last time at a very svelte 155lbs, and had to work out 1-2hrs at least 5 days a week to hold at that weight. I was eating extremely healthy food too.

Long story short, those calculators can be grossly inaccurate. Better to judge your target weight on how you feel, and what weight you can comfortably maintain based on the way you plan to eat and how much you plan to exercise.
Old 09-23-2014, 09:09 AM   #3  
started IP on Feb.27,2014

S/C/G: 217.6/128.2/132

Height: 5 foot 1 inch

Default Not really computer savvy

Hi All,
I am not a computer whiz by any means but I would like to add my start date and weights to my name. I would also like to add a ticker. How do I do this?
Old 09-23-2014, 09:22 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 198/196.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post

Long story short, those calculators can be grossly inaccurate. Better to judge your target weight on how you feel, and what weight you can comfortably maintain based on the way you plan to eat and how much you plan to exercise.
This is so true, scorbett! I have a history of losing and regaining constantly and in part it is because I've been setting unattainable and unmaintainable goals. I tend to get frustrated if I can't reach the goal or maintain a lower weight and then just give up and go back to unhealthy ways of eating. Even my doctor says I should be at around 125 based on the charts and calculators, but I don't think that will be realistic for me. The lowest I have ever been as an adult is 145, so I've set my goal at 150 and will re-evaluate at that point. That way I'm not setting myself up to fail again if I don't end up being skinny. I think I'm past wanting that by now - just want to be healthy and at a weight I can realistically maintain without spending hours a day exercising.
Old 09-23-2014, 09:27 AM   #5  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning ,

I didn't do well over the weekend and am up a couple pounds. It was my choice though,. Back on track and onward. I know it's water weight.

I did have an NSV over the weekend though. Went shopping and ended up buying a size 8 jeans. I think that it was the brand because I'm pretty sure I should be in a 10 but, I will take it. I couldn't believe my eyes or stop thinking about it all weekend. Such a great feeling. I have no memory of fitting into jeans that small. I also bought several new tops in a medium which is very small for me because I carry my weight in the tummy and try to hide it. Such an awesome feeling
Old 09-23-2014, 09:32 AM   #6  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not so fat anymore View Post
Hi All,
I am not a computer whiz by any means but I would like to add my start date and weights to my name. I would also like to add a ticker. How do I do this?
You can add your start date and weights that appear in the left sidebar under User CP - Edit Profile.

In order to add a ticker I believe you need to be a member for 20 days, and have 20 posts on the forum. (I think adding a ticker has the same restrictions as sending private messages, but if I'm wrong someone will definitely step in to advise!)
Old 09-23-2014, 09:33 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemma51 View Post
Good Morning ,

I didn't do well over the weekend and am up a couple pounds. It was my choice though,. Back on track and onward. I know it's water weight.

I did have an NSV over the weekend though. Went shopping and ended up buying a size 8 jeans. I think that it was the brand because I'm pretty sure I should be in a 10 but, I will take it. I couldn't believe my eyes or stop thinking about it all weekend. Such a great feeling. I have no memory of fitting into jeans that small. I also bought several new tops in a medium which is very small for me because I carry my weight in the tummy and try to hide it. Such an awesome feeling
YAY!!! What an amazing feeling!!!!
Old 09-23-2014, 09:33 AM   #8  
Reboot 9/2014

*cough*

*stands up*

Hi.....My name is Suzanne...and I'm addicted to roasted cauliflower.
Old 09-23-2014, 09:36 AM   #9  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

I appreciate all the conversations about setting realistic goals. I struggled for awhile to set a goal weight and extended my initial goal of 175 to 165. Lately I have been feeling guilty like I'm being lazy "only" going for 165 when a normal BMI for my height is 155ish. I've always been overweight so I don't know what a realistic weight for is for me is. But, I am crawling toward my goal with every other week gains and then wooshes in between, which I think is a sign that my body is about where it should be. I also went shopping this weekend and I fit into a 10 now. Would love to get into a single digit size, but I'm quite happy with the way I look at size 10.

I figure I'll try to maintain at 165 through the holidays and establish an exercise routine (this will be a challenge as I am not active AT ALL) and then revisit P1 in January if I feel like I could successfully maintain at a lower weight. Who knows, maybe I'll get to that Normal BMI just with exercising and eating a balanced diet in maintenance. We'll see.

Had official WI today and broke into the 160s!! A new decade, huzzah! less than 4 pounds to go. Might do an extended P2 to give myself more cushion, and also don't want to be transitioning to anything too new during my October vacation.
Old 09-23-2014, 10:31 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 244/223/160

Height: 5ft 4in.

Hi everyone. I have been inspired by many of you to buy The Beck Diet Solution. A couple of questions. Can I read it on a kindle or are there worksheets/pages that need working on inside the paper edition? I see there is a workbook that accompanies the book, can I use a regular notebook? I'm looking forward to trying this with Ip. Thanks
Old 09-23-2014, 11:27 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Good morning!

Having a rough morning, had my weigh-in and didn't lose a single ounce!

Then I had to go to Taco Cabana to order breakfast taco's for a work thing, and it smelled so good. I made it out of there intact but it wasn't pretty.
Old 09-23-2014, 12:09 PM   #12  
Started IP Sept 12, 2014

S/C/G: 321/257/199

Height: 5'5"

Its my 13th day on IP. I was down 18.5 in my first weigh in so im soo courious as too what i will be down this week. I know that most of the 18lb was merly water weight but still 18lb is gone. I'm hoping for 5lb on Thursday. Does this seem qbout what others lose in week 2?
Old 09-23-2014, 12:26 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 228/198/165

Height: 5'11"

TwoTots, Yep. You can work through the Beck book with any kind of notebook you like. She has checklists at the end of each day that are kinda handy to actually be able to physically check off, but certainly not essential. A kindle edition should work fine.

It's a GREAT book!
Old 09-23-2014, 12:41 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 150/130

Height: 5'4"

I've been mostly lurking for 6 weeks now - but want to say what an inspiration this blog has been! It is so encouraging to check in and see other people staying OP and sharing in each others successes!
I'm down 20lbs. since my start of Aug 12, 2014 and am inspired daily by this blog to stick with it and reach my goal.
Old 09-23-2014, 12:47 PM   #15  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalian View Post
Its my 13th day on IP. I was down 18.5 in my first weigh in so im soo courious as too what i will be down this week. I know that most of the 18lb was merly water weight but still 18lb is gone. I'm hoping for 5lb on Thursday. Does this seem qbout what others lose in week 2?
It's totally different for everyone. Week 2 is usually smaller than week 1, for sure - but every body lets go of the weight at its own pace. It's unusual for a first week loss that high, so you may see a higher-than-normal 2nd week loss, or you may see a smaller loss as your body adjusts to the big drop.

If you're following the program closely, and your scale is moving downward, you're doing fine!
Closed Thread