Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2014, 06:23 AM   #1  

Arrow IP community Daily Chat Thursday 9/18/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 09-18-2014, 07:01 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Good Morning....

WI Today, not sure how I did since I had 2 weeks of whoosh! Lol. I will take whatever the scale hands me this week and be happy

So yesterday I did my pills over the course if an hour in the morning after my RTD vanilla and 2 coffee's and I was so much better . That is the way to go for me for a while. Just interesting how it would work for a while and then start making me sick....oh well as long as I found a solution.
Old 09-18-2014, 07:52 AM   #3  

Sg, so glad that spacing the pills out made a difference for you!
Old 09-18-2014, 08:00 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 168.8/136.4./130

Height: 5'2''

Morning
Sue I have felt sick after taking my supplements over the years, but only on a rare occasion. It is such a gross feeling. Happy for you that you worked it out.
Scorbett thanks so much for the recipe, just happens to be my grocery day. I too will be making these today. Excited!
Ladies in my classes are commenting this week on my appearance. I must say, that has boosted my ego and my motivation.
Enjoy the day!
Old 09-18-2014, 08:37 AM   #5  
started IP 7/23/14

S/C/G: 264.4/161.4/164

Height: 5'3''

sgrealtor1 - what pills do you take in the morning? I only take a multi and potassium with breakfast. I do two cal-mag with my snack (whenever I have it) and all the rest with dinner. I have always had an issue with vitamins on an empty stomach, so when I started IP, I always took them in the middle of the meal.
Old 09-18-2014, 08:48 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 198/196.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Good morning all!

It's been a crazy week at work and hard to stay on track. Yesterday I didn't plan well enough and didn't end up getting everything in, especially the water. Today I'll be working until late tonight again so I've got my veggies and protein measures and packed with the packets and vitamins I need - much better prepared today!
Old 09-18-2014, 09:15 AM   #7  

S/C/G: Goal: 150

Height: 5'8"

Good morning!
Looking forward to a busy day but I've planned ahead and WILL stay OP!
Having a weigh in later in the week has been motivating for me!
Have a great day!
Old 09-18-2014, 09:23 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 217/174/164

Good Morning! Please report back on those cauliflower tortillas. If the recipe works out for you two, I will certainly be giving it a go this weekend. A fajita would be most welcome!

Had my second weigh in yesterday and down 4 lbs. My coach questioned my use of EAS shakes to supplement. I need to bring her one next week so she can check it.
Old 09-18-2014, 09:32 AM   #9  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauley View Post
Good Morning! Please report back on those cauliflower tortillas. If the recipe works out for you two, I will certainly be giving it a go this weekend. A fajita would be most welcome!

Had my second weigh in yesterday and down 4 lbs. My coach questioned my use of EAS shakes to supplement. I need to bring her one next week so she can check it.
If it's the EAS Carb AdvantEDGE, those are IP compliant. There are a few other EAS shakes that don't meet IP guidelines but the Carb AdvantEDGE ones are fine. That's pretty awesome that your coach is willing to stick with you while you're doing some alternatives! Not many are so lucky
Old 09-18-2014, 09:50 AM   #10  
Started IP 1/29/2013

S/C/G: 194/130/145

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauley View Post

Good morning! I can vouch for the cauliflower tortillas. I have been making them for over a year and still eat them on maintenance. They make a good substitute for a hamburger bun too!!!!
Old 09-18-2014, 10:20 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 178/155/140

Height: 5'4"

I'm patting myself on the back this morning. Went to a church meeting last night and didn't get home until 10:30. I was beat! I did NOT want to start chopping veggies for my lunch today, but stayed up to get it done. It only took 15 minutes, and I'm much happier today knowing that I'm on track for the day.
Old 09-18-2014, 10:45 AM   #12  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

Good Morning All!

I had been thinking about leaving my clinic and jumping on the alternative train. I am in the right mindset and I get so much information here. I thought earlier on this diet that I needed that person to answer to every week but I'm coming to realize that I answer to myself and the scale too.

For those that don't know, my clinic only has one coach and the girl I started with resigned a couple weeks ago. I like the new girl a lot, I just know she is one of those naturally thin people and she hasn't ever done IP (which my last coach did). I don't see what more information I could get from her that I can't get from everyone here. Plus, the EAS carb advantage shakes have better macros than the IP RTDs and are CHEAPER. Money is a major driving factor as well. I have Quest Chips coming out my ears.
Old 09-18-2014, 10:50 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 186.8/139.8/141.0

Height: 5'3"

I'm a weigh at home (in addition to the weekly official weigh in) gal so when I wasn't budging off of 155.5 this week I figured this was a low weight loss week and was happy to see a 1.6 loss on the scale. Then this morning I woke up and instantly felt lighter. Sure enough the scale showed 153.7. Just goes to show that a slow weight loss one week can't derail me. I've already experienced one whoosh (-4.4 after two -1.6 losses) and hoping to see another one here in a little bit.
Old 09-18-2014, 10:52 AM   #14  
Reboot: 11/28/16

S/C/G: 275/190/257.7

Good morning iPeeps! Weigh in today after 2 weeks (traveled last week - stayed OP, but needed to bring more veggies). Down 8.4! Woo hoo! Can't believe I've lost 72 lbs in 18 weeks. I am so relieved to be tackling this!

Have a great day!
Rachael
Old 09-18-2014, 10:57 AM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelliehel View Post
Good morning! I can vouch for the cauliflower tortillas. I have been making them for over a year and still eat them on maintenance. They make a good substitute for a hamburger bun too!!!!
This recipe is pretty much what I do for the cauliflower pizza crust, but I use only the egg whites. They aren't too sturdy though and would fall apart if I used them as a wrap. I wonder if the whole eggs is what keeps them together? Or maybe you are just eating with a knife and fork as I do the pizza. I like the idea of the hamburger bun.
Closed Thread