Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2004, 07:53 AM   #1  

Thumbs down LWL #139 -- Week of January 26 - Feb 1

Look at me! Starting the new thread! Where's everyone?

Well, Happy Monday, and in my case, a snowy wintery Monday. I piddled around in a support forum this morning, so I have to make this short, and will be back later.

Stay safe!

dip
Old 01-26-2004, 09:20 AM   #2  
Lovin' Zumba!

Good morning everyone!

Had a good LBWO today - finally back doing hamstring exercises, as my lower back is finally not hurting me so much. This is week 4 of my current Challenge, so I think I'll finish this week out the normal BFL way before changing to different splits.

For those who are curious, the coffee date went well - in fact, I had two this weekend, one Saturday and one Sunday, and they both went well. Both were internet things, and both agreed we should have dinner this week to talk more. Quite the ego boost after the disaster of a few weeks ago! And even if neither turns out to be romantic, it would be nice to expand my circle of friends some, as I've lived here 3 years, and don't really know anyone outside of work. Hey, maybe that's another reason to join a real gym!

Hope to get my eating back on track today - the weekend wasn't terrible, but I missed a lot of meals - only had 3 yesterday! And, not nearly enough water. That is one good thing about the work week - it keeps me on schedule food-wise.

Well, need to get back to work - you gals have a good one!
Cindy
Old 01-26-2004, 09:20 AM   #3  

Good morning everyone!
This is the week I really make the effort to come on here everyday and to work out everyday! Woo hoo. The weather's not bad today but tomorrow and Wednesday are supposed to be horrible! Maybe a snow day?....hehehe (fingers crossed!) Well have a good day everyone!
-Melissa
Old 01-26-2004, 09:29 AM   #4  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Morning Girls, Cindy I'm proud of you. A pro-active woman. As a matter of fact that is what makes this board so attractive to me. Strong women who realize their power and are successful in attaining their goals. Great attitude, it takes work to put good people in your life but so worth the effort. My little group has dwindled in recent years due to a death, some divorces, just life moving on. I am going to take inspiration from you in your quest. But on that same subject, I am thrilled to be planning "girl's weekend" w/ my 2 closest friends this coming weekend. We are renting a cabin in the mountains, near loads of great hiking trails. We'll hike, take saunas, burn candles, and just enjoy a getaway in a beautiful place.

Food good, exercise good, scale stuck. I have to turn it around and am thinking of counting calories for a few days. I hate doing that and refuse to do it daily, day in and day out, but need to do it a few days so I can see exactly what I'm doing.
Old 01-26-2004, 09:36 AM   #5  

G'morning everyone. Finally, two weeks after getting bit by the bug, I got back on the treadmill this morning. Was afraid of overdoing, so I put in 30 minutes at a moderate-intensity level. Sheesh ... didn't even break a sweat. So, tomorrow it's back up to 45 minutes of high-intensity. First pilates class tomrrow night, and with luck, back to the gym this week. Lots of snow here, and more coming, they say. I'd like it all over by Wednesday, please -- my board meets on Thursday and Friday, and I don't need the complications posed by several inches of the white stuff. Hope you all have a good Monday.
Old 01-26-2004, 09:49 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

Morning all,

FIRST of ALL, I am challenging EVERYBODY (me included) to eat like you KNOW your supposed to for 7 straight days. No cheating, No pinching off your DH, DS, DD, etc. food. No licking the spoon, taking just a sip, giving in to friends. No carb overages, No protein shortages. Keep it SUPERCLEAN. Let's finish out January in style!

Cindy - Good job being pro-active in your social life. I need to work harder at this as well. With the divorce a few years ago, I got the house, he got the friends. I have a few girlfriends now and they are a tremendous help, but no guy-friends to catch a movie with, share a dinner, come over and empty the mouse traps, etc. I am just so picky at this point that the men I do meet, I find fault so quickly and get disinterested. My mom says that just a cover cause I don't want to get hurt. Maybe she is right. Hmmmm..

ANYWAY. I spent Sunday afternoon cleaning house, removing the 12 inch clog out my vacuum cleaner hose (DS vacuummed up a straw and it blocked EVERYTHING else).

I didn't do any weight training but did ride my bike for 30 minutes. Food was on point for Sunday, except I could have used more protein. Gotta shop today. LBWO tonite. Snowstorm is forecasted for tomorrow so I better get it in when I can.

Have a GREAT week everybody and remember, Keep It Clean.

Peace. Tiki.
Old 01-26-2004, 10:05 AM   #7  
Ilene the Bean

Tiki -- No real time to do a long post but that's a GREAT idea... 7 SQUEAKY CLEAN DAYS!! Everyone on board??

Oh and I was down 2#... Imagine MOI!!?? Miracles do happen...
Old 01-26-2004, 10:33 AM   #8  

hi all!!

wanted to start the new thread last night, monday my time, but figured Id let the "majority monday" be the real one hehe

I had a good weekend, took a unplanned free-day friday because my MIL decided that by "no fat on my potatoes" i ment no margarine, so she used oil instead ahh well. I ate very few potatoe slices, and some pork tenderloin, and 2cups of popcorn and a bar of 80% cocoa chocolate thats my whole freeday! im still in shock lol

the rest of my weekend was right on, workout and food wise (Even with eating out at bf's dads birthday last night). roast and baked potato and salad. GO ME! No ice cream, no bread. And its getting easier

today is chest/bi's and some cardio. right now im off to get dinner started and eat some salad (god bless "salad in a bag"!)

ILENE!! CONGRATS on teh 2 # loss... sometimes you have to mix up your diet and take a break and the just go away on their own.. cruel fate eh? only works when you dont expect it to tho...

*HUGS* to all

Tidey
Old 01-26-2004, 10:44 AM   #9  
Lovin' Zumba!

Mel - meant to thank you for the shrimp idea for parties. I'll definitely do that if I'm invited anywhere to watch the SuperBowl next weekend. I love cold shimp, and could definitely make a meal of it!
Cindy
Old 01-26-2004, 10:47 AM   #10  
Lovin' Zumba!

Ilene - WOO-HOO! Good for you!

Tiki - count me in on the clean eats challenge! In addition to being clean, I'm going to also focus on getting all 6 of my meals in.

Tidey - good job on your weekend!
Cindy
Old 01-26-2004, 01:29 PM   #11  

Good Job Tidey! You rock.

Ilene - So Glad you lost the #2. I pray they don't show up in Detroit on MY scale!

Our snowstorm is coming early so I dashed to the gym during lunch and did my LBWO. I have got to get one of the gym staff to show me how to use the free weight machine for the hamstring curl. I don't get it. I am using free weights on calves and quads but am still stuck on the nautilus machines for the hamstrings.

I got back into the office with ONE thought on my mind...Time to feed the machine! I was starving! I brought grilled chicken and salad but left my dressing at home so I had an office co-worker pilfer me some vinegar from the downstairs restaurant. Ahhh, nothing like sneaky co-workers.

Back to the grind!

Peace Tiki.
Old 01-26-2004, 04:02 PM   #12  

Hi Gang! Hope every one is having a good day, and I must say you all, so far, sound pumped!

Ilene! Woo-hoo, girlfriend, if that loss isn't a motivator!?!? I know how you've been wanting to drop a few pounds. Happy for ya!

Cindy - Glad to see your expanding your circle of friends and possibilities. I eat 10-15 medium shrimp almost every day as one of my meals. No sauce, just plain. Great protein source, and easy. I've gotten so into easy, I'm becoming more and more lazy when it comes to cooking. And that's a good thing.

Tik - sorry, I can't except your challenge. I have one free meal, usually on Friday night or maybe a 2nd on Saturday. If I don't have it, I'm more prone to binge on something, and cause enough damage to wipe out a week's work. I would love to be able to say I can commit to 7 straight days of clean, but I don't dare tempt the devil. I know me too well.

ledom - "Food good, exercise good, scale stuck." Not laughing at you but the way you said it. I had to re-examine and make some changes too after almost 2 weeks of being stuck. Just listening to Dr. Phil show and he's talking about what to do when you hit a plateau next, so I'll be running in the LR to listen.

Hi IN Robin - More snow suppose to be on the way! I can sit here and say how pretty it is because I don't have to go out in it. If I did, and when I do, it will be a whole different story. I should go to Pilates/yoga class tonight, but I think I'm gonna pass.

Hi Tidey, and all who haven't had a chance to post yet.

I did change my split starting today, and will do cardio in the PM's, with a little less time but a little more intensity. I upped my weights too, and surprised myself that it was easier than I thought it would be. Also, I'll drink 120 oz of water instead of 100. Eats are in line, and I'm pleased with myself today on all counts. I already feel "smaller" and that I've broken through the plateau. Hope I'm right. Friday weigh-in will tell. But for today, it's all good.

Have a great evening and I'll check back later!

dip
Old 01-26-2004, 04:14 PM   #13  

Dip, My challenge was to eat like you KNOW you are supposed to eat. If the plan you are doing includes one free day then do what you KNOW you are supposed to do.

The gang on this board are doing every imaginable type of lifestyle, foodstyle, exercisestyle imaginable. I wouldn't dare issue a challenge which called for people to not follow their plan. I am simply saying follow your plan TO THE LETTER.

Are you in now? Huh? Huh? Please?

Tiki
Old 01-26-2004, 05:30 PM   #14  

OOOhhhh-Kay. I thought it was a challenge to eat nothing but clean. In that case, no problem!

dip
Old 01-26-2004, 05:50 PM   #15  
JEC
Aussie and proud

Morning all,

It's Tuesday here in Oz land. Yesterday was Australia day so we had a holiday. Still in a funk eating wise but life in general is going great. I bought my first concieving, pregnancy book yesterday to start reading and planning for the future. So much to learn.

JC

no I am not pregnant!!
Closed Thread