Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 09-12-2014, 03:32 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 198/192/145

Height: 5'5"

Default Anyone get stomach problems with protein drinks?

I bought some whey protein mix at the store and have been drinking shakes instead of snacking. I mix a scoop with milk. I don't know if it is a component of the mix or if it is too much milk.but I get gassy, bloated. I was wondering if anyone else had that and what you did
lorib64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 04:22 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 198/192/145

Height: 5'5"

No I just tried the one. I will compare it to others next time. Maybe it is just the brand
lorib64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 02:08 AM   #3  
Golden

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5'4

Are you lactose intolerant. I was told whey was better for lactose intolerance but even a small amount will give me gas, bloat and even cramps. You may want to consider other options if it continues with other shakes
Mizzthingaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 05:37 PM   #4  
Claiming Victory!

S/C/G: 283/273/245 1st

You could be like I am and can't tolerate artificial sweeteners which are often in those protein drinks. That is why I had to stop taking them.
LuvMyMr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 02:13 AM   #5  

Height: 5'4"

yes. I was fine at first and I preferred milk over icky soy and aspertame.. but dang i am having pain especially in the morning
wannabesomebody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 03:36 PM   #6  

I've never had any issues with protein drinks in general, but some of the due make me gassy... and I mean HORRIBAD gas enough to make the dogs leave the room. :-| I try not to drink them when people will be around...
FattyFatFat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 03:48 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 296/273/190

Height: 5'10

You might have an issue with whey. Even if you can drink milk just fine, having a higher concentration of that component of the milk might bring up an issue you don't normally have.

I'd say try some soy protein, or vegetable/hemp protein isolate and see if that helps. There are lots of options out there.
faiora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 12:20 PM   #8  
doinTHEbestIcan

Height: 5'4"

i am very lactose intolerant and allergic to any kinda of artificial sweetener so i use unflavored soy protein by now foods, works great and tastes great!
mrsgeb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 02:12 PM   #9  

Default Stomach issues

I wish I only had gas!
I've had constant diarrhea since I joined "A Better Weigh" on December 07, 2014. Ive spoken with the coaches every week. Each has offered a different suggestion:

Stop the magnesium tablets.
Cut the salad amounts in half.
Stop the salads all together.

I've lost 16.4 lbs., from reading others' posts, I would have expected to have more fat gone by now. Especially since I have the 2x daily diarrhea.

I am so concerned that I moved my scheduled colonoscopy up. I just got the results on Friday. I'm fine. There are no problems or issues that would cause this.

The doctor asked if I ate a lot of fiber before the diet, my answer was yes. But, I have not eaten so much meat per day in years.

So, since, physically, I'm ok, I am wondering iif anyone else experienced this?

Last edited by Ginnie; 01-25-2015 at 02:13 PM. Reason: Misspelled word.
Ginnie is offline   Reply With Quote