Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2014, 06:41 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat Thursday 9/4/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 09-04-2014, 06:48 AM   #2  

Good morning!

I had too many tomatoes so I made salsa last night. I didn't make enough to can. I'll probably use it as the tomato sauce in LC gumbo I'm making this weekend (ugh, just realized I forgot the cilantro in the salsa. I'm glad I'm planning on using it as tomato sauce!)

Tonite I'm making some pesto from a paleo recipe (no cheese in those!). I'm planning on pesto shrimp over zoodles on the day I make the gumbo (since gumbo is better the next day)

During peak growing season, I have to get really creative with the veggies from my CSA or things end up going to waste. I made some mint "tea" last nite (not really tea, per se because it contains no tea. It's really a mint infusion). That made sure the fresh tea didn't go to waste.

MntRose: In MFP, from your computer, you can adjust your target in MFP settings (last I checked, you couldn't do this from ipad or other movpbile devices)

Set max cals for 1000 (although I'm usually lower). Carbs 20%, fat 30%, protein 50%. According to my former coach, these values are an approximate range so don't worry if you're not exact.

Last edited by lisa32989; 09-04-2014 at 06:57 AM.
Old 09-04-2014, 06:53 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Good Morning All..

thanks everyone again for the insight on 3 / 4 packets a day. I could drop my lunch packet without issue, but for now I am losing and will continue with the 4 as long as allowed LOL..

As for the only 1 pound conversation....would you have lost that 1 pound if you were not on program? That's all I have to say on that....I will take that 1 lb every time..

For the jiggly parts...my clinic suggested adding collegen pills to my day. Since I have a large amount of weight to lose there will be extra skin...she said that adding that to my day will help. I found them at GNC but I am sure you can get them anywhere...

WI today for me. Feeling good....want to say ADIOS to those pesky 250's! I have not seen the 240's in a long time.... 230's since I had my son (he's 16) and have not been under 200 since my wedding (21 years ago) I have lots of little milestones to look forward to....Breaking it down into baby steps...
Old 09-04-2014, 07:17 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 196/189/115

Height: 5' 1"

Morning friends,
Into week 2 and feeling good. Got my eating routine down and must say no breakthrough hunger. When it's mealtime I am hungry. I am sleeping better too. I have been ordering alt products from Nashua Nut. and so far no real complaints. Just ordered 3 different Walden Farm sauces from Vitacom and I used the Herb/Garlic sauce as a base for chicken and veggies last night. ( Nice sale this week) Not bad...My goal this week is to break out of the 90's. At 190.2 this am but my official WI is Mon. It was so great to be in onederland after many, many years. I try to think in 5 pound steps.
As always all your posts are informative, fun and motivating.
Old 09-04-2014, 07:26 AM   #5  
IP start date: 6/23/14

S/C/G: 294/202/155

I have MFP set to the same goals as Lisa. I still get the warning every so often but I just ignore it.
Old 09-04-2014, 07:54 AM   #6  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Morning all! I love fresh homemade salsa, my bf and I make it all the time since he's low fodmap and has to avoid garlic and onions (all the good stuff!). Commercial salsa isn't an option, but I'm not complaining!

Good luck on your WI sgrealtor!

oneuh2, thanks for the advice! I'll look for the BuffPuffs. My skincare regimen is definitely less than stellar, so anything should help. Also, tweezers and I are already pretty good friends, unfortunately.

I have a busy busy day today, tried to get up at 6 to get a head start on it but absolutely couldn't budge from my bed. An on time start is better than late I guess. Counting the hours until quittin' time Friday!

Last edited by pishposhappelsauce; 09-04-2014 at 08:01 AM.
Old 09-04-2014, 08:16 AM   #7  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone!

I find I have a lot of energy through the day, however I have been waking up at 6am feeling awake, but refuse to get out of bed that early, then when my alarm goes off at 8 I feel exhausted. Once I shower and have break fast, I am fine. Maybe I am over sleeping now that I have more energy? I just feel like if I got up at six, I would crash in the afternoon.
Old 09-04-2014, 08:55 AM   #8  

Interesting our different morning schedules. My work day starts at 8.
My alarm goes off at 5:30 for my Essentrics workout. I'm going to gradually start moving it back to 5:00, just 5 minutes at a time so I don't "feel the pain".
I keep running late in the morning!

I was up late last nite cleaning up the kitchen, but at least it kept me from chillaxing in front of the TV, which is craving-inducing for me. Keeping busy keeps me out of the food.
Old 09-04-2014, 09:35 AM   #9  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Good Morning,

Lisa, How do you make Pesto? It's one of my favorites but, I know it's not something I can have for a while.

On the schedule subject, I have been waking between 5 and 6 daily for about six months now. I have been a big time sleeper all my life but, find sleeping difficult now. I think it is hormonal, idk.

Today will prove to be very challenging . We have a new HR person at work who has come in and changed policies. WE have three people out at work in my department and they don't have subs available for us. They are concentrating on other departments. We have the same amount of kids to feed and not enough people to get it done. It makes me feel disorganized when this happens but, the day will fly by because I will be in full speed.
Old 09-04-2014, 10:20 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 217/173/132

Happy Friday eve, everyone! 3 days into my re-start (after 11 mo on, 5 mo off). Woke up to reprieve from carb withdrawal headache that I had for 36 hours. SO THANKFUL! Hoping for a big first week weigh in to motivate me further... although I know all too well that I didn't gain 15 lbs back in one week so I am certainly not going to lose them in a week. I will be ever so proud if I lose 3! Focusing on how much better I feel already and that I choose and I control this. Have a great day!
Old 09-04-2014, 10:25 AM   #11  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by April Starter View Post
Happy Friday eve, everyone! 3 days into my re-start (after 11 mo on, 5 mo off). Woke up to reprieve from carb withdrawal headache that I had for 36 hours. SO THANKFUL! Hoping for a big first week weigh in to motivate me further... although I know all too well that I didn't gain 15 lbs back in one week so I am certainly not going to lose them in a week. I will be ever so proud if I lose 3! Focusing on how much better I feel already and that I choose and I control this. Have a great day!
Awesome that you stopped the regain at 15 and didn't let it get way out of control.
Old 09-04-2014, 11:24 AM   #12  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Happy Thursday everyone! Day 3 of my reboot and definitely feeling better than yesterday. Not as tired as yesterday. Today I have lunch plans with a friend so switching up my lunch for dinner and will have a packet for dinner. Have a good day everyone.
Old 09-04-2014, 11:36 AM   #13  
Started IP 1/25/13

S/C/G: started IP @210/194/150

Height: 5"1'

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
MntRose: In MFP, from your computer, you can adjust your target in MFP settings (last I checked, you couldn't do this from ipad or other movpbile devices)

Set max cals for 1000 (although I'm usually lower). Carbs 20%, fat 30%, protein 50%. According to my former coach, these values are an approximate range so don't worry if you're not exact.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nat1015 View Post
I have MFP set to the same goals as Lisa. I still get the warning every so often but I just ignore it.
Okay thanks you Ladies. Lisa that is where my goals are set already. I guess I will have to ignore that scolding it gives me.

Trying to get moving (really just get out of bed earlier, bed has always been a cozy place for me and sleeping is normally something I can do for at least nine hours. My mother loved that I slept so much as a child.) So trying to re adjust my morning schedule to look at the forums first thing in my day. Did I mention my ears and throat hurt. I just don't remember this symptom as part of my 'detoxing' the first time I started IP. lol

I hope everyone has a great OP day.

Last edited by MntRose; 09-04-2014 at 11:37 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-04-2014, 12:06 PM   #14  
On my last diet

S/C/G: 197.6/163.2/146

Height: 5'

Today is my weigh-in and I'm sure hoping I lose at least 3 lbs. I'm having a helluva day at work but now on my lunch break I'm going to try to walk over to the market and buy me some beads. A bead shop is closing and having 50% off. The other day I bought a leather fringed purse (revisiting my old hippy days) and I want to get silver beads to put on the fringes. I was actually thinking of getting them and adding 1 bead for each pound I lose. I love to have visual reminders like that. I actually buy myself a silver bangle for each ten pounds and I wear them 24/7.

When I lost 50 pounds in 2003 I was buying gold bangles and as I lost weight everyone was counting my bangles and cheering me on. I've moved to silver now and I have one and owe myself one.

And then tonight after work, after my weigh in, i go pick up my new car! Yay!

Geez I sound like a major shopaholic here. But I really had to get rid of my old car before winter. I only got $300 on the tradein so you can guess how bad it was.
Old 09-04-2014, 12:12 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

It must be close to TOM because I have the hungries today!!! It's only 11 and I have already eaten ALL (that I brought to work today) of my food! Which poses a question..... how far apart should the packets be and if you eat them too close together will it hurt you??? or mess with you???
Closed Thread