Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2014, 12:16 AM   #1  
~Shannon

S/C/G: 210.8/see ticker/140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in

Default September Diabetes/Prediabetes Support Chat

It's September! Let's continue supporting one another and chatting daily!
Old 09-01-2014, 12:33 AM   #2  
~Shannon

Happy Labor Day!

Well, ladies, I was thrilled to discover when I weighed on Sunday (for end of the month) that I actually had lost a couple pounds in August! That was a miracle! I think it only happened because I've been sweating so much. Honestly, I have spent alot of time going up and down stairs dragging stuff out of the old house and going from the car into the house with boxes at the new house. I think I just sweated off a few pounds! It definitely has NOT been diet! So, I guess occasionally exercise is more of the equation than diet! LOL!

We are still eating out a ton but I am hoping in the next week as preschool gets started, our house gets on the market and we are not making so many trips back and forth and as we get more moved in, we start eating in more (which will only happen if I start planning and executing meals as well, lol!). The junk/fast food still tastes good to me but I'm not nearly as excited about it anymore. I'm actually getting tired of it but not yet tired enough to get my act together in the kitchen!!! Soon, soon.....

We spent most of today running errands, unpacking some things and hubby set up a pretty big train track in the living room. It was sort of funny to me because in our old house when he set that up (usually only at Christmas) it took up the entire floor space of our living room. In this house (which has kind of a ridiculously large living room) it takes up about 1/4th of the room. I unpacked all of the boxes that were in Olivia's closet today - stuffed animals, some books, musical toys, etc. - and wow, her very neat room exploded! I am going to start purging some of her toys as we get closer to Christmas. I've been trying to sneak out some of the ones that she doesn't play with as much and some of the younger toys so I can pass them to my sister-in-law to store for my soon-to-come niece. I have not unpacked one single box in my (all mine) craft room yet. I'm not sure when I'll get to that room but I have some fall projects I'd like to get to so I need to start thinking about it plus hubby is going to a kite making workshop (actually sewing kites) in 3.5 weeks and I have my annual sewing retreat in early October. I have two closets I really want to organize (hall and laundry room cabinets) and then I think I'll start on that. The garage is FULL of stuff.....it can wait longer, lol!

Oh, also at the new house I have a bigger lawn and more landscaping (plants and shrubs) to care for and I know NOTHING about gardening so I need to research the plants and find out what needs to be done in each season, etc. There are a lot of dead leaves in the plants around the mailbox and the front of the house. I have been working on pulling the dead stuff out in the evening when the sun goes down and before I put Olivia to bed. Tonight Mark was out riding around the lawn on the lawn mower spraying weeds and I was pulling dead stuff out around the mailbox and Olivia was riding her (battery powered) 4 wheeler around the yard - that was kind of fun! I'm really glad we found a place with a yard we can enjoy! I am not looking forward to all the leaves to rake in the fall though - we had ZERO trees at the old house. Thankfully the lady we got our used lawn mower from also sold us a trailer that attaches to it so I can haul the leaves easily. I told Mark tonight we need to pay the money to get the "compost" bin that the city will pick up - we need it with this yard!

I used to have a goal of a new swimsuit in my signature line but I removed it because I actually got one a while back (in roughly the same size but not all stretched out) and haven't lost enough since then to need one for our beach trip coming up on the 14th. Obviously, I am not adding this to my signature but I did just order new bras! The cup size I ordered is the same but my rep (these are high end bras for those of us who need them, lol!) told me that in the band size I ordered (smaller) that the cup is actually one size down even though the letter stays the same. So, we'll see - they have to ship to me. Normally she does the fittings in person but I had to work with her in email since we've moved away so I described my weight loss and she estimated the size to order. She promised if they don't fit I can return them for another size so we'll see! On the topic of the beach trip - my sister-in-law who will be there is overweight as well and earlier this year she challenged my hubby to lose 50 lbs before the trip. Of course he hasn't lost much - the last time he weighed he had actually lost a little (probably for the same reason I did - sweat!!) - and I don't think she has lost any - so, I am actually the only one who has lost - YAY ME!

Oh, and I thought I'd share a link to an article on a cooking blog - this is a blog I get some of my recipes from and this blog post features a lady I've met through a couple low carb Facebook groups - just thought you might enjoy it too http://fluffychixcook.com/low-carb-k...ames-gismondi/

Last edited by Shannonsnail; 09-01-2014 at 12:43 AM.
Old 09-01-2014, 09:36 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Shannon CONGRATULATIONS on the weight loss. We take it no matter how it comes off. Down is always better. LOL The new house sounds like a wonderful new home for y'all to enjoy. You will enjoy that huge living room. I wish I had a larger one. Thanks for the new recipe blog site. I'll bookmark it to read later.

Monday is my WI day and I'm starting the month of September with a new low of 217.6. I actually lost 6.4 lbs in August. YAY!!! That is a new for me. My FBS was back down to 120 this morning so that is good too.

Making this a quick one for now. BBL
Old 09-01-2014, 01:52 PM   #4  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Hello Ladies

Shannon you are busy busy, Congratulations on the new house

Trish nice loss for the month nice fbs reading

Carol Sue and everyone else I hope all is well

I gained a pound in August and I am up 1.8 today to start September off at 161.6. Not good but it's just the feast that my Mom and I prepared for dinner yesterday my fbs was good at 118 this morning.
Old 09-01-2014, 02:13 PM   #5  
~Shannon

Hi Rennie! Hope your new job is going well!
Old 09-01-2014, 02:21 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Rennie Your bs is doing good. The weight gain is probably just water weight and will go away in a few days. Glad you were able to check in. Always good to hear from you.
Old 09-01-2014, 02:31 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

I guess I'm down about 4 lbs for August, but they are pounds that I regained previously, so I don't really count them. My recent low was 193, so I only count the pounds I go below that, and that hasn't happened yet.

I have been eating well lately. Haven't been on the scale today. I did have a screw up yesterday and my BS spiked over 200. We went out to eat and I ate the salad bar and avoided all the carby selections. We had an offer for a 1/2 price appetizer though, and we chose fried zucchini. I thought "zucchini, good choice" but didn't give a thought to the delicious thick batter that covered it. I think that is what spike my BS because it was the only starchy carb I ate, otherwise, just vegetables. You live and learn.

Rennie, good to hear from you! We all know that a couple pounds up and down is normal and not a big deal. Good job with the FBS!

Shannon, exercise works and it doesn't have to be formal exercise. When you use your muscles, they continue to burn calories for a long time afterwards, so you are doing the right thing! I know you will get back to proper eating once you get settled in, and next spring and summer that yard will keep you active. If your yard has shrubs and periennels they don't require a lot of work.

Trish, good job on the weight and BS.
Hi to all. Have a safe and happy Labor Day!
Old 09-01-2014, 02:32 PM   #8  
~Rennie

Thanks Shannon it is! Just trying to make it through the remainder of my 90 days.

Thanks Trish It probably is but it will turn into real weight if I don't stop with the carbs that have been calling my name for the last two weeks.

Carol Sue, I'm with you. I count it as a loss when it is actually weight not what I've loss and gained over and over

Last edited by love2b150; 09-01-2014 at 02:36 PM.
Old 09-01-2014, 02:55 PM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

New month and new resolve. I really wanted to be below 180 today but am 180.2. Sheesh! However, that is the lowest I've been since 2012! (Actually, I'm amazed that I did go down 3.5 this month - it's been a stressful time and I have not been perfectly on plan.

After working three eight hour days this weekend, I took today as a "me" day and even celebrated with an ice cream. I made a rule that I could have ice cream once a month and had some in May but none since. I guess I actually was entitled to four servings but I held back!

I have eight huge green peppers on my kitchen counters and am looking around for a stuffed pepper recipe - has to be freezable and lower carb. Anyone got suggestions?

Hang in, chickies. We are getting there.
Old 09-01-2014, 03:04 PM   #10  
~Rennie

Ruth great job on limiting yourself to one serving of ice cream Hope you find the right stuffed pepper recipe.
Old 09-01-2014, 10:45 PM   #11  
~Shannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx View Post
I have eight huge green peppers on my kitchen counters and am looking around for a stuffed pepper recipe - has to be freezable and lower carb. Anyone got suggestions?
Ruth I do not know whether this would be freezable but this is a chili stuffed pepper recipe that I make alot from one of my favorite gluten free, low carb bloggers http://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/201...uten-free.html
Old 09-01-2014, 10:53 PM   #12  
~Shannon

Almost bedtime ladies! I am tired! We ran more errands today (have been to Lowe's four times in the past two days, lol!), mowed the lawn and prepped 3 batches of my spaghetti sauce for the freezer. Thank God we got that used riding lawn mower before we moved. Hubby and I split the yard, he does the front and I do the back (bigger section) but it still takes an hour or more on the riding mower!! Crazy! I'm now glad we did not get that house with the full acre of yard!

So far in all the unpacking nothing has been missing or not easily found that we were looking for - I have, of course, attributed that to all the hard work I put into the packing process...LOL!....but tonight it has finally happened. I decided I was ready to start setting up my craft room - had not even walked in there pretty much since we moved. There are some sewing projects I want to get started on for fall and I got the bug tonight to do one of the smaller ones. I got my machines out, opened a few boxes, hooked up my stereo and was ready to start....hmmm, the CORDS and PEDALS to my machines are nowhere to be found....I have opened every box in the craft room and been out in the garage three times looking around....no luck! So, let's please all say a silly prayer for the locating of these items as I obviously cannot do anything with them!!

Since it was first of month, I checked my weight, body fat and FBS. My weight was down a couple more ounces and my FBS was 92. I am really happy about that. My body fat was up a little but it's not an incredibly reliable method anyway, I just like to see the trend.

After we mowed the lawn tonight I cut up watermelon and made tacos. We were hungry!
Old 09-02-2014, 10:32 AM   #13  

Height: 5'7"

Fbs was 91. Weight is still up at 266. I took measurements and OUCH! Time to get busy and get the weight off again.
Old 09-02-2014, 12:19 PM   #14  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

That's a great stuffed pepper recipe, Shannonsnail. I'll try it as soon as my ground beef thaws.
Sure hope you find that sewing stuff - pretty essential!
Old 09-02-2014, 12:38 PM   #15  

Height: 5'7"

Oh Shannon. Praying you find your pedal and cords. I would be worried sick. I bought a used machine once and thought my cord would work but it didn't !
Closed Thread