Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2014, 06:42 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat Wednesday 9/3/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 09-03-2014, 07:24 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Oneuh2: I put roasted veggies into the "tortilla." Sooo good!
Old 09-03-2014, 07:49 AM   #3  
IP start date: 6/23/14

S/C/G: 294/202/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
Oneuh2: I put roasted veggies into the "tortilla." Sooo good!
Me too. I find that it is really filling for me for some reason!
Old 09-03-2014, 07:52 AM   #4  

Hi friends! Sorry I have been a bit absent - life has gotten busy and I have been on call as the volunteer chaplain at the local hospital which has meant a couple of extended stints at the ER with grieving families. Challenging but rewarding work.
I had to take a round of prednisone which caused lovely water weight gain last week so we skipped my official weigh in. Things seem to be back to normal and heading in the right direction now so I am hoping for good results on Friday.
Focusing on lots and lots and lots of water as it's been so HOT here in Georgia. I hope everyone is doing well and having a good week. At least for us folks in the US it is only a 4 day work week!
Old 09-03-2014, 08:21 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Good morning,

I tried to post 3 times at work yesterday but my computer froze.

It was great to see you posting Shrinkingsusiesounds like you are back on track. Way to go, I have been missing your posts.

Gracerev - hope that you are feeling better. Sounds like a busy week. Being on prednisone can be hard but at least you know it is not real weight.

I am halfway thru first week of P2 and almost grabbed a packet for lunch yesterday forgetting I had to make something. It takes a little more planning but I do my lunch now when I make the kids lunch. I think I may be losing a lb this week but won't know for sure till Friday.

Have a great Wednesday and hope everyone got there kids off ok.
Old 09-03-2014, 08:57 AM   #6  

Ugh
Took my vitamins earlier than usual today. Upset tummy.
It'll pass but until then...
Old 09-03-2014, 09:13 AM   #7  
IP 07/18/14

S/C/G: 197/163.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post

Ugh
Took my vitamins earlier than usual today. Upset tummy.
It'll pass but until then...
Ugh... I'm still trying to determine the best time to take my morning vitamins. I think it may also depend on the packet I eat for breakfast.
Old 09-03-2014, 09:22 AM   #8  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Happy Wednesday!

I survived my first in-person class last night, 5 hours of Astronomy between the lab and the lecture. But I cubed up some cooked chicken and raw veggies for dinner and ate them on the drive to school, then had a bar during break time. It worked out great, though I'm glad I only have to do it one day a week. The rest of my classes are online so it's MUCH easier

Getting excited, first reboot weigh in is Friday morning! I've been weighing daily (not because I'm tied to the scale, just was very curious about how the first week would go) and I am already down WAY more than I expected. I'm going to stay off the scale between now and Friday morning, since i know things are moving in the right direction...looking forward to a nice surprise!
Old 09-03-2014, 09:42 AM   #9  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny38 View Post
Good morning,

I tried to post 3 times at work yesterday but my computer froze.

It was great to see you posting Shrinkingsusiesounds like you are back on track. Way to go, I have been missing your posts.

Gracerev - hope that you are feeling better. Sounds like a busy week. Being on prednisone can be hard but at least you know it is not real weight.

I am halfway thru first week of P2 and almost grabbed a packet for lunch yesterday forgetting I had to make something. It takes a little more planning but I do my lunch now when I make the kids lunch. I think I may be losing a lb this week but won't know for sure till Friday.

Have a great Wednesday and hope everyone got there kids off ok.
I think p2 could be a real challenge for me when I get there. Planning for the lunch time protein and making sure I have that much protein on hand. I will be at work like I would assume most are. Do you just cook it that morning or the night before?
Old 09-03-2014, 09:44 AM   #10  
restart 5/27/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Happy Wednesday!

I survived my first in-person class last night, 5 hours of Astronomy between the lab and the lecture. But I cubed up some cooked chicken and raw veggies for dinner and ate them on the drive to school, then had a bar during break time. It worked out great, though I'm glad I only have to do it one day a week. The rest of my classes are online so it's MUCH easier

Getting excited, first reboot weigh in is Friday morning! I've been weighing daily (not because I'm tied to the scale, just was very curious about how the first week would go) and I am already down WAY more than I expected. I'm going to stay off the scale between now and Friday morning, since i know things are moving in the right direction...looking forward to a nice surprise!
Good luck on your reboot WI. Always a great feeling.
Old 09-03-2014, 09:46 AM   #11  
restart 5/27/14

Good morning all,
A question today. For the last several weeks I'm losing about 1lb a week. Should I do something different to kick it up a bit. Is this considered a stall or just slooow losing.
Old 09-03-2014, 10:02 AM   #12  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemma51 View Post
Good morning all,
A question today. For the last several weeks I'm losing about 1lb a week. Should I do something different to kick it up a bit. Is this considered a stall or just slooow losing.
It could be either.

A quick review of the last several weeks will help pinpoint anything that MIGHT be causing a stall: Making sure you are getting all of your salt, water and oil; having your 1 restricted per day; are you eating mostly lean protein or shaking it up a bit with something a little fattier like beef (I've seen people break a stall with a big juicy steak); the opposite may be true too - too much salty/fatty meat and not enough lean protein could lead to water retention; are you "going" or could your colon be a little backed up; any recent illness/injuries that might be causing inflammation.

Another possibility is that you are close to your body's best weight. Losses can slow down the closer we get to goal, as the gap between what our body needs to survive and what we are eating gets smaller. If that's the case you may want to try avoiding the restricted veggies for a week or two and see if that helps, the diet is already very low calorie so you can't bring it down much further safely.
Old 09-03-2014, 10:08 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 217/173/132

Hi all - I am back! Was doing well on IP for nearly 10 months losing 58 lbs, went on vacation in March and never quite got back to 7 days a week on plan. Needless to say, I am up 15 lbs. Schools back in session and I am motivated to get back into a routine. Wish me luck and thanks all for the inspiration, motivation and advice. Although not directed at me personally, reading posts of others is one of the greatest sources of motivation and drive for me. Have a great week!
Old 09-03-2014, 10:24 AM   #14  
restart 5/27/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
It could be either.

A quick review of the last several weeks will help pinpoint anything that MIGHT be causing a stall: Making sure you are getting all of your salt, water and oil; having your 1 restricted per day; are you eating mostly lean protein or shaking it up a bit with something a little fattier like beef (I've seen people break a stall with a big juicy steak); the opposite may be true too - too much salty/fatty meat and not enough lean protein could lead to water retention; are you "going" or could your colon be a little backed up; any recent illness/injuries that might be causing inflammation.

Another possibility is that you are close to your body's best weight. Losses can slow down the closer we get to goal, as the gap between what our body needs to survive and what we are eating gets smaller. If that's the case you may want to try avoiding the restricted veggies for a week or two and see if that helps, the diet is already very low calorie so you can't bring it down much further safely.
I am getting all of my salt, oil, water. I typically eat chicken most nights but I do eat beef at least three times a week. I don't ever eat restricted bars etc. I eat the bars that fit into allowable snacks. I have a unlimited veggies and an occasional limited veggie.
Old 09-03-2014, 10:34 AM   #15  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemma51 View Post
I am getting all of my salt, oil, water. I typically eat chicken most nights but I do eat beef at least three times a week. I don't ever eat restricted bars etc. I eat the bars that fit into allowable snacks. I have a unlimited veggies and an occasional limited veggie.
Restricted bars/products are allowable, and you should be having one restricted item daily (8g - 15g net carbs makes it restricted). The IP bars are all restricted so if you've been eating those you should be good.

Maybe try cutting back the beef dinners to 1 or 2 nights instead of 3, if everything else is in line that's the only thing I could see that might cause an issue...if that doesn't work you might just be close to where your body is ready to stop.
Closed Thread