South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2014, 06:22 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Thankful Thursday Beach Chat, August 28

Good Morning

I'm up this morning trying to keep busy. I have a lot on my mind with no answers or solutions at this point. Yesterday I was looking in my sewing box for something....moved it and my USPS box stash made a mess....decided to move the boxes to the other side of the closet and became reacquainted with a quilt I started 15 years ago before we moved into our tiny beach house which had no room for projects. Well I dragged it out and decided I had 2 choices...take it to the thrift store as is or finish it. I'm attempting to finish it. There is never a better time than when the pup is not around.
Perhaps I have the entire day....perhaps I don't. I'm always "on call" and don't always know.

So what's on your agenda today? Stop and say hi!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 08-28-2014, 06:37 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

I've always wanted to start quiliting, now I think I'm too ADD to do it! Hope you don't get called in today!

Phase I has been going well this week. A couple of ladies at work asked about it, I'm like, "really, it works!"....if I do it . I am taking a doc out to lunch, she picked a couple of good places with salads. I've got pretty good news for her, I can't wait to tell her!

I got this crazy burst of energy last night and vacuumed most of the house. When you have 4 cats and a dog, you kinda have to! I think that's the only thing I've done in the house while my family has been gone, otherwise I went to Ross and got clothes for a baby shower for Saturday . The mama requested I bring my confetti salad!

Have a great day....we're over the hump!
Old 08-28-2014, 06:41 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Thursday Clucks - August 28

Good morning. What's clucking this morning?

Had a pretty wonderful Wednesday and did stay away from the Office and the Mill. It felt good. Jazz and I did pet therapy at noon and then we went over to my sister Joan's "farm" so her grand daughters could play with Jazz. He was a delight and let them lug him around and be mauled. Even dog-shy Joan put him on her lap and cuddled him. Poor guy was pretty pooped by the end of his day at 5!

This morning Katherine and I will get the Hall organized for the "maybe" lunch tomorrow. There have been no bookings for the bus tour but the Gananoque guy who set this up wants us to be ready with lunch for "at least 12 people"! No problem for K and I as we've done dinner parties for 20 in our own homes but a real PITA not to know how many to prep for - if any! We are doing a simple ploughman's lunch but still have to shop for ?? meals. We are opening the cafe for Breadfest on Saturday and should have some customers come for lunch. Otherwise there will be a lot of HB eggs, Black Forest ham and lovely old cheddar cheese hanging around.

So I'm off to the Town Hall today to get things set up and make a shopping list for 0 to 100 meals. I also have to do the final paychecks for the staff, some of whom work until Saturday. Adam, aka Mr Muscle, leaves for uni today so I'll have special jobs for him to do. I swear he could lift my car! Late this afternoon I go to town to do some city (aka cheap) food shopping there. I have a haircut appointment at 3:30 and a Mill Board meeting tonight. (If I'm not in tomorrow, you'll know I'm busy hardboiling eggs and slicing ham and cheese!)

Just checked the weather and it's going to be a lovely day. It's also trash day and I have lots to pitch. (Millie was right about mouse visitors - I was just looking in the wrong place! )

Edited: God morning Debbie and Tammy. I got distracted in mid-post and you two popped in!

Debbie, you have no idea how many half-finished quilt and other sewing projects I have around here. "Someday" just never seems to come. My DGD is 22 now and I have a baby quilt I started before she was born. I'll hang onto it until she gets pregnant.

Tammy, part of the distraction was Millie barking at the white cat across the road. The darn cat wanders onto the road, hears the barks and sits and stares at out house for a while. Drives both dogs nuts! Millie has a bark that could cut through glass. I tried closing the curtains but she figured out how to get through the opening really fast. Terriers are smart - and stubborn!

Gotta crank up my day, right now or miss trash pickup. I lead an exciting life - not!
Old 08-28-2014, 06:49 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Debbie, and those to come.

Debbie, I hope you have a day to yourself today, full of "Me" time to work on your projects. That's neat about finding your quilt and I hope you get it finished.

So far it's calm and quiet here this morning. Between my grandson adjusting to being a 2nd grader and being miserable from allergies right now, it's causing him to have the occasional meltdown, and yesterday morning's was a doozy! He was still in a bad mood when he got home from school, poor guy. Hopefully today will be a better day for him.

Today's my Friday and I'm looking forward to my 4-day weekend. I may drive up to northern NJ on Saturday to visit some good friends and spend the night, but I forgot that's it's a holiday weekend, so we'll see.

Right now I'm off for a coffee refill!
Old 08-28-2014, 06:58 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 5"

Hey ladies, just a quick flyby! I have to pack my lunch since I have a workshop to attend today.

Hope everyone has a good day, however you define it!!!
Old 08-28-2014, 07:00 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Just stopping in to say hello. I've got one more hour of work and then it's home to catch 4 - 5 hours of sleep before I come in for a double. Hope you ladies have a good day!!!
Old 08-28-2014, 07:40 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Natasha, your days off sure went by quickly! Get some rest!

Twynn, oh, a surprise for a doc! Fun to be the bearer of good news! Yay for vacuuming!

Cottage, happy Friday! Glad your home was more peaceful this morning!

Ruth, I'm imagining Millies bark! I love a cat that can torment a dog just by sitting there! I'm really trying to start finishing projects. I understand having an abundance of them!

Beth, happy workshop!

OK, back to it!
Old 08-28-2014, 07:47 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning. Ruth I am tired from reading your post lol. Debbie I hope no one calls you today and you get some "me" time. Natasha enjoy your quick sleep. Believe me I know the feeling. Beth hope the workshop goes well. Linda hope your grandson is more like himself today. FYI 18 year olds have melt downs too. Tammy enjoy your lunch and kudos for sticking to P1. When does hubby and kids come home?

Today is load up day. First a quick ride to calm my nerves. Everything is sitting in my living room so it shouldn't be too terrible lugging it to the van. We do have to go to DS's roomate's house and pick up a futon. Later DS and I are going out to eat, he chose Joe's Crab Shack. Later he will say his good byes to his GF. She and Joe came for dinner last night. Food poor of pizza and Joe brought cannolis for dessert. Which then led to me mindlessly snacking.

Today will be better. I have so many things on my mind lately. Last night I didn't get snippy with Joe, but truthfully I am so tired of hearing about his greedy ex wife. She gave Joe a ridiculous number for him to buy her out of his pension. He is so stressed by it and I laughed. Not in a mean way, but reminded him she is delusional thinking he has that kind of money (maybe Trump does, but not regular folks) I said you already have the agreement in place so she cannot get more then she is entitled to. Money is just that money, health and family are way more important. I then showed him my pathology report, totally not what they send you in the mail. It showed three simple cysts in the right breast. A complicated cyst in each and a possible "mass" in the right breast.
The breast radiologist is on vacation and will review it next week. Then the surgeon will contact me for follow up. The nurse indicated probably a biopsy since the one could not be determined. Simple and complicated cysts are usually benign, but still I am worried. The waiting is the hard part. I shouldn't down play Joe's worries, but the house will get finished and he will retire one day. Selfishly I am a little more concerned about my own issues right now. OK done venting

More coffee!!!! And tissues I predict lots of tears tonight and tomorrow.
Old 08-28-2014, 08:24 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Jennifer, I can certainly relate to your worry. I have had many boob "issues" and was very scared but the biopsies showed all was well - just cystic breasts. I'm still here at 75 with both the "girls" intact.

The waiting is the hardest part, I'm sure. Be gentle with yourself - you have a lot on your plate right now!

(Just some grandmotherly advice.)
Old 08-28-2014, 09:20 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Still trying to get into a routine in the evenings, DD2 has a lot of homework to get done in the evenings and I don't know if I am teaching her the way they are teaching in school "common core" but if the answer is the same I figure we are good.

Debbie I hope you get a full day of "me" time.

Tywnn always nice to be able to share good news

Ruth I don't think I could handle not knowing how many people to prep for

Cottage in my house it is DH and DD1 who have the meltdowns they had one yesterday over DD1's room. She expects me to stand up for her when really he is right, her room is a wreck and she should clean it up. I think I am going to end up picking everything up and putting it in the garage and then she can sort it all when she feels like it I guess. I think this long stretch of hot and humid weather is getting to everyone wish it would end already.

to Beth and Natasha

Jekel I hope everything comes back good for you, I know the stress of waiting gets to you.

Okay I am off to my day of meetings.

Have a wonderful day everyone!!!
Old 08-28-2014, 09:31 AM   #11  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

debbie. Hope you really find some me time. We leave on the 13th

ruth. He who dies with the most stash wins. You should see my studio. Between the weaving yarns, spinning yarns, beads, equipment, books, fabric. It should be some yard sale

tammy. Wow, that's a few animals in your household

natasha. Hope you get your sleep. It doesn't sound like much

jen. Hugs to you so much going on at the same time

linda. Aren't melt downs wonderful. Hard to keep to yourself when they happen

pearlrose. Messy girls become clean freaks when they grow up. Hard to believe

beth hope your workshop goes quickly

I had a wonderful time at the muskoka's yesterday(cottage country). Now for a food plan for the weekend. Going to abbq on Saturday night
take care
sophie

Last edited by sophie; 08-28-2014 at 09:33 AM.
Old 08-28-2014, 11:08 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Thanks everyone, especially Ruth xoxo. I don't think of you as a grandma, more like a dear friend

Pearlrose, Sophie is right. I was a SLOB as a teen. Now I am a neat freak!!! My home is usually neat and tidy, I exclude dog hair as well that is a decorating necessity
Old 08-28-2014, 03:03 PM   #13  

Height: 5' 5"

Hey ladies, workshop got out early today!! WooHoo!

Jennifer, thinking of you as you wait. Not knowing is hard, isn't it. At least once you know you can plan your action.

Pearlrose, when my boys were teenagers I decided the rules for their rooms were: change the sheets once a month, pick up and put everything away properly so they could vacuum once a month, and keep the mess out of the rest of my house. Sometimes you pick your battles. Maybe I should have taken everything to the garage!!!
Closed Thread