Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2004, 07:42 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

Default Tuesday Chat - Jan. 27

Morning all! Still snowing up around these parts but the one fabulous thing about that is I love winter clothers, the long jackets, the scarves, the sweaters, I think it's a hold over from my super fatty days when I liked to hide!

Ty Kim in NJ for the kind words, I'm glad I can be of any kind of help no matter how small After all there are so many people here who have inspired me over that last 6 months, I should be paying a royalty on each pound, God knows. It's kinda cool but I actually can look at the pictures now and they keep me on track, I still don't feel thinner, my brain hasn't caught up to my body yet so it's a nice reminder. I even went into a plus size store to buy a 3X until the lady behind the counter said, "Hun, these will never fit you, how about trying the regular store across the mall" No kidding, I actually went on autopilot to buy the old size. It's funny how things change but things stay the same.

Tummy
Old 01-27-2004, 07:49 AM   #2  
Mom, Queen of Everything

Mornin All:

Tummy girl: We must BOTH have excellent style, grace and taste -- picking the same avatar!!! (Actually, my dd thinks that little guy actually looks like me! Maybe it's time I clean the mirror, huh?) Thanks so much for providing those ratios for me yesterday. Looking at my log in FitDay I can see now why my weight is coming off. I was actually WAY too low in the fat department before the past week.

Well all, nothing much of news to report today. I've been getting sneaky in my weight loss endeavors, however. I added an extra daily section of physical ed to my classroom's schedule! The special ed kids love it, and it's so good for their gross motor skill. And....it's really great for that "gross fat" around my middle. Ha!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 01-27-2004, 08:30 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good BURRRRR Morning Everyone,

Today is my 14th wedding anniversary Its funny because when we got married it was around 50 degrees out, I remember the girls sweating in their dresses. Today its 15 degrees out and we are expecting tonight 2" of snow an hour

I did really good w/my eating yesterday, did good w/the carbs and sat fats so I'm a happy camper.

How's your day going ?
Old 01-27-2004, 08:36 AM   #4  
thin within

howdy, tummy, spedmom, and all to come. good idea, sped. i've just been doing projects around the house today. i'm having to get creative with storage, as this apartment has very little. so, nothing special happening here. it is snowing again. it is so pretty to look at, but does throw kinks in transportation. suppose i'd better get off shortly and figure out what to fix for supper in the next hour. have a great day, chickadees!
Old 01-27-2004, 08:37 AM   #5  
thin within

happy anniversary, leens! we must have been posting at the same time.
Old 01-27-2004, 08:39 AM   #6  
Baby Steps

Tummy---I've always worn bigger shirts than I needed to because I liked to hide. I'm not sure I could ever go with a smaller size (um--we won't mention the boobs haven't shrunk and I don't exactly want to announce to the world that "here they are"). lol

Spedmom--sounds like a great way to keep all of you occupied. I should try putting in a little extra workout. Maybe that would help me lose a little faster.

Leens--happy anniversary!! Hope it's a great one Congrats on staying on track

Fullfig---Have a great night(?) and enjoy supper

Me--I've GOT to get rid of this chocolate craving. It's fine during the day but sneaks up about 1/2 hour before bedtime. I made the chocolate mousse thing last night and behaved and only had like less than a tsp full. Do I get brownie points for that?? lol. Better than an Advantage bar right?
We didn't get the snowstorm we were supposed to so the girls have school. They were so bummed out. But I'm getting pretty sick of snow---but it's in our forecast ALL week. UGH!

Hope you all have a great day
Old 01-27-2004, 08:39 AM   #7  
Total Sass Bucket

Hiya all,
It took me twice as long to get to work today.... the roads are terrible. And it's supposed to keep snowing so I can only imagine what my trek to class tonight is going to be like. Ugh. Woke up feeling great but now I have a headache from trying to stay on the road. I wish they would have called off school today so I wouldn't have had to come in.....
My sister starts Atkins today. I took some time this morning to start cleaning out the kitchen of all the carb loaded items. Yay!!!! This is going to be MUCH easier with the both of us on it and her not munching on those snicker bites!
Old 01-27-2004, 09:04 AM   #8  

Good morning everyone! It is a beautiful snowy day here this morning! My kids were hoping for a snow day, since it seems like it never stops snowing. But, that didn't happen! They are predicting another 4-8 inches today. It would be great for sledding if it wasn't so darn windy. I threw two of my kids coats in the dryer this morning, since they were still damp from last night. Big mistake, the dryer caught fire, and the two coats are all melted together! My daughter had an extra coat, my oldest son didn't. He wore a kind of warm coat, and I just let his teacher know, so she will keep him in for recess. Looks like we're dryer shopping this weekend, and new coats tonight. Hopefully that'll be the end of the excitement for today. The house is clean, obviously can't do laundry, I'm going to spend some time on the computer, exercise, and maybe clean my craft/exercise/junk room. Stay warm everyone, and keep drinking the water!

Shimma be careful driving tonight, maybe your class will be cancelled. I know the roads here are terrible.

Lady_adnerb, good way to handle the chocolate craving, hope its gone today. It is still snowing here too, can I ask where in Wisconsin you are? Maybe were close by.

Fullfig, hope you have a great day, and fix something wonderful for dinner tonight!

Happy Anniversary Leens!!

Spedmom, way to go on getting in the extra exercise! I have two nephews in special ed, and they love to exercise, plus it helps to get rid of some of their extra energy. Hope it works for your students too.

Tummy girl, what a wonderful thing to be told you need to go to a "regular" store to buy your clothes! I can't wait until someone can tell me that! Enjoy shopping!
Old 01-27-2004, 09:25 AM   #9  
Movin' and Losin'

Tummygirl: Great story and what a great feeling!

Sped: Like your way of sneaking exercise in.

Leens: HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

Fullfig: Hi! It's good to see you!

Lady: Great job on only having a teaspoon of mousse. Definite brownie points! (No brownie -- just the points. )

Shimma: Be careful driving!

Nutski: Wow! You had quite the excitement this morning.

Well, I weighed-in last night, and it wasn't pretty. I gained A LOT. I was expecting a little gain. I didn't know it was humanly possible to gain as much weight as I did! Apparently, it is. Anyway, I've found my motivation now, and I'm ready to get back to it. Lord knows I need to!

Does anyone have any type of dance-workout video? I know some people have the belly dancing and salsa. Does anyone have any hip-hop dance-type workouts? I was thinking that would be fun to do.

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday!

Take care,
Jina
Old 01-27-2004, 09:39 AM   #10  

Good morning all. Let's hear it for a cheat free day yesterday!
Now let's get through today!

Anyone have any idea how much carbs would be in Szecheun (sp) Chicken? It is all white meat chicken and only a few peanuts.....leftovers. That is lunch today. Yesterday I was so well behaved. I was determined to not have anything sweet. I don't know what was up with that craving. I never crave sweets. I even measured out my wine so I wouldn't go over. All in all a good day.
Although when I weighed myself this morning it wasn't pretty. I keep gaining and losing the same 3 pounds. As long as they are gone by the end of this week then I will be happy.....and not gain them back of course. Be strong Jane.............

It is very cold here and we are going to get a big snow storm I guess. The Cape and the Islands are actually going to get more than us for a change. We are only expected to get 4-10....BIG GAP. I hope they delay work tomorrow morning because it isn't supposed to start until 2am.

nutski: Sorry about the dryer and the melting coats. Just when you think you are ahead something like that happens. What kind of crafts do you do...I am a craft finatic! I am really into scrapbooking.

Shimma: It will definitely help having someone doing this with you. You can help keep each other on track. Be careful driving home.

lady_adnerb: Brownie points...did you mention brownies I too am having sweet cravings lately. I will have to try the whipped cream, instant pudding trick. How many carbs?

fullfig: Just curious....what is the weather usually like over there? Similar to yours at home?

Leens: Happy Anniversary! Hope you have a wonderful day.

Spedmom: Good idea on the PE. It will help them and you at the same time. I wish I could add some into my work day....other than the occasional trip to the ladies room which is about a mile away

Tummy Girl: Loved your web site too.....it really is nice to see the befores and afters. It helps me keep my determination.

Have wonderful day. Will check in later.
Old 01-27-2004, 10:09 AM   #11  
Total Sass Bucket

I've been weighing myself almost daily (ok ok ok, daily) since I started Atkins and I came to the realization last night that I need to lay off on that. Maybe go to once or twice a week. Once officially and once just to sneak a peek or something. I'm not someone who obsesses over my weight usually and the past week I've been in this "must lose weight, must weigh myself, must be lighter" mentality ever since I started...... probably not very healthy, not to mention I REALIZE my weight will fluctuate slightly... I'm just being a bonehead or something. Did anyone else experience this?
Old 01-27-2004, 10:21 AM   #12  

Shimma: I tend to get on the scale more than I should. My personal weigh in day is on Friday but I always hop on a couple of times during the week to see if I am headed in the right direction. I am less obsessed with my weight with this woe than I used to be on weight watchers etc.
I wish I was a faster loser than I am but still it is coming off slowly but surely.
Old 01-27-2004, 10:36 AM   #13  
one step at a time..

Angry

Good morning everyone
Very cold here today too, it was hailing while i was walking to my 8am class. ouch
i got the job at pizza hut I'm only going to be working 15 hrs a week, but with school and karate and going to the gym and everything else, that should be more than enough.I start tomorrow, so I hope it goes all right. I have my first DJ show tonight, I'm excited, I hope I dont forget how to run the operating board thing, lol. my friend is doing the show with me, so I'm sure we'll be ok.

Tummy~ I wish someone would tell me to shop in the regular stores soon enough, I hope. Great job though, it must have been a real pick me up.

Sped~ way to go on the extra exercise! I'm sure the kids will love it too

Fullfig~ I hope you have a great dinner

Leens~ Happy Anniversary! I hope it's a great day for both of you. Celebrate well!

Lady Abnerb~ I know what you mean about the chocolate cravings. Ugh, they're so horrid. Great job on resisting though!

Shimma~ That's great that you're sister is going to do Atkins with you, I know how hard it is when you're trying to stick to plan while other ppl around you are eating what you cant (and want ) to eat. I know wat you mean about the weighing thing too, I weighed myself alot the first week. Not so much now though, guess I just forget to.

Nutski~ Sorry about your dryer and your kid's jackets! It sucks when things happen like that unexpectedly. Hope getting the new dryer works out well.

Jdoggmartin~ everyone falls off sometimes, trick is to just keep going. Glad you're going to stick with it though!

Jane~ yay for cheat free days!!
Old 01-27-2004, 11:35 AM   #14  
Head Princess

Good morning!

Happy Anniversary, Leens!!!!

Tummy - Great story! That had to feel pretty awesome!

Spedmom - I love the extra exercise idea! Not only is it beneficial for you, but you're teaching those kids good habits, too!

Jina - What a creative way to find your motivation! Seriously, you'll make it! You're the exercise diva and always an inspiration!

Lixue - Congrats on the new job!!!

Jane, Nutski, Shimma, Brenda - be safe in all that snow!

My internet browser at home is mysteriously broken so I'm experiencing some 3FC withdrawls in the evening. I have a couple of back to back meetings today and am dying to get some exercise. I haven't done my pilates in almost a week!

Yesterday was strange for me. By the time I left work I was feeling so run down and a little achy - almost like I was starting a flu relapse. Then it occured to me that it was 2:30 in the afternoon and all I'd had to eat was an ounce of cheese and 3 sausage links. Duh!!! So I had some lc pizza, broccoli slaw, and a nap and then I felt much better.

I hardly ever feel hunger like I used to so I'm going to have to be good about paying attention to my watch from now on.
Old 01-27-2004, 11:39 AM   #15  
Total Sass Bucket

wow Star... how long did it take before you started to not feel hunger???? That will be something I look forward to!!!! Sorry your browser is messing up at home.
Closed Thread