South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2014, 06:05 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Yahoo! It's the weekend - Aug. 23 & 24

Good early morning. Been awake since 3 and up since 4. Sure is dark at 6 AM! It's time for me to shift my sleep pattern to fall mode.

Off to pick up the bread after a shower and smoothie. The weather is supposed to be decent for a change. Sure hope so because it's a Milling Day and also the afternoon of the big BBQ at Rob & John's house. The dogs are invited but I think Millie is too crazy to take along. Maybe next year.

Peach and almond milk smoothie coming up! See you all later.
Old 08-23-2014, 06:50 AM   #2  

Height: 5'8"

Hi Ruth,
Yes, I was also thinking I need to change my mindset, as it's no longer light outside when I (try) to get up. There's something I find very, very depressing about getting up when it's dark. Does anyone have anything I can use to change my paradigm about that? My office used to be in an area with no windows and no natural light anywhere it near it at all, but now I'm in an office with a huge window and sometimes there's too MUCH sun...we'll see how this winter goes.

Today I have to work for a little bit (8:30-10:30) and then we'll drive my son to my MIL's house for the week. When we come home my goal is to remove the kitchen sink and move the stove out (with my husband's help) so I can get started on the other countertop. I still need to seal the other side I've been working on; I'll post pix after I do. Then I think my husband and I are going out for a drink *date night*. Hope everyone has a great day and great weather. Ruth that party sounds like a lot of fun!
Old 08-23-2014, 06:58 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Yes, sadly, summer is warning us that it's coming to an end. It's still pretty darned dark here at 6am, too.

I hope the weather stays clear for Rob & John's BBQ, Ruth. Enjoy your smoothie and early morning bread run.

Jennifer, thank God your ultrasound came back benign! But, yes, I would insist on having that "something" removed, too. That's sad about the bald eagle.

I picked tomatoes last evening and am thinking of making a big pot of spaghetti sauce with them today to divide up and freeze. I picked a basket of mini-peppers, too, and will fry some of them up with onions and Gimme Lean Italian Sausage for supper. Other than that, we'll see what the rest of the day brings.
Old 08-23-2014, 07:02 AM   #4  

Good morning, Matilda! I'm glad I'm not alone in feeling the way you do about getting up in the dark mornings. If anyone comes up with a solution to making it more pleasant, I want to know too! I'm very eager to see the results of your countertops. We have corian and aren't looking to replace them, but your project sounds intriguing.

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 08-23-2014 at 03:48 PM.
Old 08-23-2014, 07:13 AM   #5  

Height: 5'8"

Also, is anyone in the NE experiencing fall allergies yet? I'm all stuffed up, but it's not a cold...I generally do have an allergic reaction to the dried leaves. Time to start using the Flonase already??
Old 08-23-2014, 07:36 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I'm feeling a bit depressed this morning….not my usual but it is so dark this morning and I'm definitely looking forward to the next few months for other reasons. The good thing is that I'm already thinking about how this all affects me AND my food choices. I'm determined to stay on track.

Ruth, have fun tonight!

Ms M, I find this to be my most difficult time with the dark. In a month or so I'll have found some readjustment but I don't have any answers right now. Enjoy your date night.

Linda, frozen spaghetti sauce sounds perfect! Hope something fun pops up today!

I'm going outside (in the dark) to move some dirt. I need some exercise and fresh air. Tomorrow it's back to work.
Old 08-23-2014, 08:04 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 5"

Morning, ladies. I will join the chorus of those who mourn the shortening days. There is nothing as sweet as when it gets light at 4:30 am!! And of course, being far enough north that we get long summer days means short days are approaching right now. Ugh.

We got rain again yesterday but I am hoping today will be better. We are going to a friend's birthday BBQ. Luckily she understands SB and has assured me there will be things I can eat. Not that is a true friend!

Ok, I need to move. Have a great day, chicks!
Old 08-23-2014, 05:24 PM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Good afternoon,

Busy and hot day here. I did end up going to the concert and survived. Today I cleaned house and finished up laundry, then we went and helped DS GF get moved into her apartment for her senior year at college. We all went out to lunch afterwards and then went for some groceriesn.

I am now back inside with the ac on gosh it's hot out there- 108 with heat index. Tomorrow DD2 has a soccer game in the afternoon I hope it cools down a bit.

Sounds like everyone is doing well, I have noticed as well it is getting darker again as I have to put my headlights on again for driving into work.

Have a lovely evening
Old 08-23-2014, 08:31 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

WOW Pearlrose 108!!! We didn't even hit 75 today lol...Mmckellen I too have been having allergy issues, way too early!!!

Thanks Linda the ultra sound looks benign, but only a biopsy will tell for certain, but I am feeling a little relieved.

I have spent most of my career getting up and going home in the dark lol Guess I am just used to it.

Beth and Ruth hope you had fun at the BBQs

Off to bed soon. One more shift then off until Sept 4 Whoo hoo!!!
Old 08-23-2014, 09:21 PM   #10  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good evening. I am definitely struggling with the semi-darkness at 5:30 a.m. It's our three early days in a row stretch and afternoon coffee is a must. It doesn't help that I had to work today too.

Ruth - Hope the barbecue was as much fun as it sounds

Mmc - Happy date night Yes, my allergies have been awful for the past few weeks. I don't usually have much trouble but this year it's sneezing, itchy eyes, and drippy nose all the time. We even have the dog on benadryl.

Cottage - My tomatoes got the blight after the last rain storm. There's nothing left now. I did make a delicious tomato soup last night with some of the good bits. I did pick three and a half lbs of tomatillos today right after I finished drying the last batch

Debbie - The dark is tough. Tim bought one of those sun lamps last year. Hopefully it will help. Glad you are taking good care of you.

Beth - Did you see any sun today? My Mom was very annoyed that it never made it to their house.

Rose - It barely made it above 70 here today. Hope it's cooling off tonight!

Jennifer - Happy time off count down!

I have a long list for tomorrow including dehydrating zucchini, picking and freezing blueberries, and freezing more rhubarb. I'm also going to try a couple of last plantings of greens. I know all this will pay off in the winter but I'd love a slacker day!

Now for a little time with my guy.
Old 08-24-2014, 01:13 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Good morning, ladies! I am SO confused about what day it is, I swear. I've been a day behind all week and now I've jumped to being a day ahead. I keep swearing it's Monday, ugh!

Not a whole lot going on in my world...just counting the days until I get to see Jaime again (44 days!) and trying to get this high school reunion to go off without a hitch.

Just wanted to check in. Hope everybody is having a good weekend!
Old 08-24-2014, 06:22 AM   #12  
Come on Spring!

Default More Sunshine Monday - August 25

We saw the sun yesterday and it looks like it will stay with us for the next week or so. I have soooo had it with rain! Saw a tree starting to turn red yesterday and the dumb woman I was with said "It's because it's been so dry." What rock has she been living under.

The BBQ was great yesterday afternoon and I managed to avoid the corn on the cob, the overcooked burgers and my own rumcake! Two people were subjected to the ice bucket challenge and also signed up for the NY's Day Polar Bear challenge. I'd sooner stick pins in my eyes but I'll sponsor folks.

Not sure what today will bring but I sure hope we get the phone fixed at the Mill. I'm hoping to catch up on some things around the house including using the Dyson to pick up the remains of a toy Millie destroyed. This was supposed to be indestructible but Millie did not read the label.

One more full week of August and that'll be "it" for the summer that wasn't. I'm hoping for a glorious fall.

How's your week shaping up?
Old 08-24-2014, 07:00 AM   #13  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Ruth, thanks for getting us started, but this may be your opportunity for real day off! I've done the double checking and it is only Sunday. I must admit that I got a little nervous since I was supposed to work on Sunday and when I saw on Monday I said what did I do.

Anyway, have a great rest of the weekend everyone! I've got to get dressed and head to work.
Old 08-24-2014, 07:09 AM   #14  

My Lord! I panicked when I saw today's thread title! Did I sleep through Sunday?

Ruthie, you have to quit playing mind games on us! I don't mind skipping a work day during the week, but my weekend days are precious!
Old 08-24-2014, 07:10 AM   #15  
Come on Spring!

Good grief!!!! It IS Sunday! And here I was all set to dash off to the Mill to meet the Bell repair dude! I've already run the dw and done a laundry to get the cheap electricity rate before 7 a.m.

I'll merge!

I blame it on Natasha who said the word Monday in her post.

Now ... am I a day ahead or a day behind?
Closed Thread