South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2014, 12:15 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Default Wacky Wednesday Beach Chat - 08/20/14

Kind of an early start, but it's after midnight, so here I am!

I got a giggle out of some of the responses to yesterday's thread. I will admit, getting my nipples pierced was NOT a pain free experience...but it wasn't as bad as I expected. My bestfriend, who is a professional piercer part time, did it for me for my 30th birthday. As for the industrial piercing, it's a piercing at the top of the ear...a bar that runs across the top of the ear. Super cute!

wismom - Hmmm. If something happens to me and Jaime, I will make sure I show the hair off! LOL I am so sad that you don't have a closer Starbucks, though!

Just found out a little bit ago that I'm going to be a great aunt. My nephew and his new wife are expecting again. They were expecting several months ago, but she miscarried early on. She's only 4 weeks right now, so I'm still very scared for them...I hope she can carry to full term this time.

Excited to see my paycheck today as it will be my first one with my pay increase (6 month performance review) plus it will have 32 hours of overtime and 80 hours of shift differential (7%) that they somehow neglected to pay me last pay period.

Alright, ladies, what's on the agendas for today? It's hump day!!! Woot woot!
Old 08-20-2014, 02:36 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning Natasha! You were my saving grace this sleepless night. I, like Sophie, already looked up industrial piercing. LOL. Boy would I like to have your paycheck! It must be a whopper. I suppose you're at work. Have a great day whatever you're doing! PS I hope your nieces pregnancy goes better this time. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Cyndi, funny you had crossed my mind while I was down in the basement working. I was thinking I hadn't seen you here for a few days. Glad your baby shower went well and now it's back to reality. LOL

We had another crazy day at work yesterday. It was so busy! When I got home Kirk and I decided to take a little nap before dinner and the phone woke me up at 9:30 PM. I'm a super sound sleeper when I sleep. It's just a problem when I wake up. Then I just don't go back to sleep. So after laying there in bed for a while I just decided I might as well get up and get something accomplished. I've been procrastinating putting the basement back together after the boiler got installed so I just headed downstairs and now it's done.

I must admit that although I've been drinking coffee I think that maybe I can go back to bed now. I do have a bit of a free day today I don't work at the restaurant again until Sunday. My mom and sister are traveling over the hill to a doctors appointment and my brother arrives from California late in the afternoon. I do seem to be on a roll with my projects so on my agenda this morning will be to clean out the gutters and then I'm meeting my friend at work at 10:30. We may go down to Denver for an AA meeting as she's not been doing too well. A stop at whole foods then home to get together with the family.

I will probably see you all later but have a great day!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 08-20-2014 at 02:40 AM.
Old 08-20-2014, 06:38 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Ahhhh Natasha, I've seen the industrial piercings, not as bad as I imagined! I am not sure why people get....are they plugs? In the ears...like spools for thread or something. Then when they take 'em out, it looks wretched. How bout you take us all out for supper (sbd compliant, of course) with your paycheck?!

Debbie - you are way. more. ambitious than I.

Is it Wednesday? I'm so confused on my days. The week is flying by, and I have Friday off to travel for a family wedding. I think I'll just have leftovers tonight...the red beans and rice was Soooo good!

I'll have to go back and look at yesterday's thread....
Old 08-20-2014, 06:43 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good Hump Day, Early Birds and thanks for starting us up.

Speaking of Wacky Wednesday, I have two really crazy dogs this morning who are chasing each other around the house - both floors - and playing with a frog stuffie as if they are puppies. They'll do that for 15 minutes and then take up position at the window watching for the neighbour's cat. Then they sleep for 20 minutes before going at it again. I've had dogs that played before but these two are cracker-dogs!

Spent almost all of yesterday at the Mill Office cataloging artifacts - not super interesting but we sure have "stuff". I even found and identified a "hoof pick". I learned a lot and will probably work away at this over the winter.

I need to go back early this morning to wait for the Bell installer who has been "definitely" coming to fix our Mill phone since I reported it last Thursday! He/she is supposed to be here at 9 but I have no staff until 9:30 so Millie and I plus a book will sit on the bench in the sun and await this mythical person.

I see Twynn and Cottage online so will post this before they beat me to it!
Old 08-20-2014, 06:44 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

You beat me to it, Tammy. I feel the same way about those "plug" ear piercings - so ugly!
Old 08-20-2014, 07:00 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning! You all sound chipper and perky this Hump Day morning!

Natasha, best wishes to your nephew's wife. I hope she can carry to term this time. I'd love to have your paycheck today, too! Are you going to do anything special with it?

Debbie, have a nice visit with your friend today!

Tammy, red beans and rice are sounding good. Maybe that's what I'll make for supper tonight.

I didn't sleep very well last night at all. I had an awful headache and took 3 Advil before I went to bed, which hardly put a dent in it. It is gone this morning, but my head is still sore. I'm dosing it with coffee and hope it helps.

At least I can take my time going over to the farm this morning and want to get the girls' rooms in order before I leave for an ENT appointment this afternoon. For the past year or so I haven't been able to hear out of my left ear, and decided it's finally time to have it checked out. After that, I have to go back to the farm to feed the dogs before heading home.

My DD is coming out to spend the night after she gets off work this evening, since we have a funeral tomorrow morning, and I expect we'll have a late night sitting under the stars, sipping wine on the patio.

Okay, time to refill my cup!
Old 08-20-2014, 07:03 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Yep, you beat me to it, Ruthie! And guess what? I know what a hoof pick is, lol!
Old 08-20-2014, 07:45 AM   #8  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

This is one of those mornings when I feel like a walking zombie. I didn't sleep well and feel more tired now than before I went to bed! I've got my last scheduled PT for my hip. Then groceries.

Tonight our dinner group is getting together for the first time since January, maybe, so there will be lots of catch-up. (We all have sons who went to school together and are now seniors in college.) DH and I are bringing his favorite quinoa and bean dish so he has a vegetarian option.

Last night DH asked me if I'd like to go away for our anniversary for a quick overnight somewhere. Unfortunately it falls on Labor Day weekend so that might make it tough to find a place now. I'm think I'll sit back and see if he plans it on his own, since I'm usually the trip researcher/planner. I'd be just as happy if it doesn't happen, honestly.

Have a great day.
Old 08-20-2014, 08:01 AM   #9  

Height: 5'8"

Hi Ladies,
Seems like not sleeping well is contagious, because I had a bad night too. I heard some very sad news last night about a friend passing (it was not unexpected, but still a shock) and then stayed up reading for far too late.

My son has a waterpark trip today, so won't be home until 8 or so, and a friend graciously offered to drive him home (with her son who is also in camp) so that means I might have a couple of hours this evening to start a project. I currently have tile countertops with a metal edge and it is always impossible to get all the food out of the crevices. I've seen several videos and blog posts from people who have created concrete countertops on top of existing using a product called Ardex Feather Finish. I ordered some (as well as concrete sealer) and I think tonight I'll try to do the first coat! I have two contertops, so I'll try it on the one across from the sink first. Keep your fingers crossed for me. It could be great, or horrible.

Hope everyone has a great day today...I'll try weighin in again on Friday, although I'm not hopeful. I went totally off plan last weekend and had two beers last night which I bet will completely throw me off. We'll see.
Old 08-20-2014, 08:03 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 5"

Hey chicks! Happy Hump Day!

We have sun right now but a forecast of rain later on. I should probably get myself outside to the garden before it does; I have an overabundance of cucs and tomatoes to pick, and perhaps a zucchini. (I have been eating zucchini in everything lately) I also have some iris I dug up which needs to be re-set. We'll see if I find the motivation...

My other chore is going to be cleaning through my closet. I'd like to pull out some items I never wear and a few I've replaced. It's the teacher version of back to school.

Sounds like everyone has a busy day planned. May it be a good one!
(And Natasha, if that paycheck is TOO big, I think several of us could help you spend it!!)
Old 08-20-2014, 09:45 AM   #11  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Seriously oversleeping here, I woke up at 8:30 and I am BEHIND now! I'll be back tonight. It's definitely hump day!
Old 08-20-2014, 12:53 PM   #12  

Height: 5' 7"

Good afternoon,

In class so really don't have time to check in but wanted to post my exercises.

Have a great day everyone
Old 08-20-2014, 01:19 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Afternoon geez my days off lately are busier then my work ones. I've been reading everyone's posts. Sadly I know I will forget what I wanted to say. Natasha I too love your new color. My son had gauges and an industrial bar, no I was not happy about either. My "revenge" is he inherited my sensitive skin, so his body rejected both!!! Granted he had to suffer from infections, but sorry this is horrible of me....served him right!!! Lol his tattoo doesn't bother me like his piercings did....shhhhh don't tell him

Hormones and food binges equalled me lying about my weight at the dr this morning. My OB/GYN is great she doesn't question when you refuse to get weighed We all have those days. Afterwards I went for my ultra sound, so now I wait some more....please hormones level out although there is nothing unhealthy in this house lol

Debbie I hope your friend re-connects with Bill W. My mom still tells my step dad to go to meetings when he is out of sorts.

Sleepless chicks I hope the sandman comes soon

Oh I got my bike back today, $204 later ouch!!! I may put it on the trainer as I have been pressed for time. Nighttime peddaling beats late night snacking.

Ok time to make my work food/snacks and dinner.

Hope everyone gets over the hump ok

Mmckellen please post before and after pics of the counter tops. I bet they will look great!!!!!
Old 08-20-2014, 02:02 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Gah, my sleeping pattern is so wonky right now. Went to bed around 2 this morning and woke up around 9. Not good for a nightshifter, LOL I'll probably take a nap later. Maybe.

Lexxis - I'd like to have this paycheck every payday! LOL Ticks me off when I see how much it WOULD be without all the deductions (about an $800 difference)...but I'm not gonna complain! Thanks for the crossed fingers! She's super sick right now, so hopefully that's a good sign!

Twynn (and others that mentioned it, too) - The plugs I like if they are 0 or 00 gauge (very very small). That's the largest you can go without doing permanent damage to the tissue. I've watched a chef with very large gauges cooking and seeing his ear just wobbled while he leaned over the stove really grossed me out. Blech. How about you guys come visit me and I'll cook you some SBD complaint dinner??? LOL

Cottage - I was thinking I'd just put the surplus into savings for my trip in October. My cellphone contract is up for renewal next week, so I might get me a new iPhone, too. We'll see. Hope you're head feels better!

WaistingTime - Maybe you and hubby can do a trip on a different weekend to make it easier?

Mmckellen - So sorry about your friend. Good luck with your kitchen project!

Beth - I could eat zucchini EVERY day! We grilled up a bunch last night, along with eggplant. Yum!

Got to talk to my friend that lost his dad a little today. I am just heartbroken for him...it's so awful. He is a "hold it in" kind of guy with previous military experience, so I'm grateful that he took the time to talk to me about his feelings a little today. I'm one of the few people he'll show emotion to. I'm very thankful for that.

Okay, no more putting it off...going to patch up the paint in my room. The contractors cut a hole in my wall during the bathroom remodeling and patched it up. Sure wish I had known they were going to do that BEFORE I painted.
Closed Thread