Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2014, 06:40 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat Wednesday 8/13/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 08-13-2014, 07:29 AM   #2  

Good morning all!

I have started IP (alternatives) this month and I'm doing well so far. I have been having major cravings but to my surprise have held out!

I had the "famous" Big Mac in a bowl yesterday for the first time. I was skeptical and my BF who is doing IP with me looked at it like I was trying to poison him, lol. We both really enjoyed it! Although I have to admit I've never had a big mac, lol.

It's been a week and I'm down 5 lbs!! It's my TOM so I'm happy with the results as I am definitely holding some extra fluid.

Hope you all have a great day!

Last edited by WhoDat730; 08-13-2014 at 07:41 AM.
Old 08-13-2014, 07:33 AM   #3  
Reboot: 11/28/16

S/C/G: 275/190/257.7

Height: 5'8"

Congrats on a strong start WhoDat!

I still fight the cravings a couple of times a week. Most often after a day of poorly timed eating (waiting too long between meals or snacks). Beck's book is right on...we are strengthening our willpower muscle!
Old 08-13-2014, 08:37 AM   #4  
IP start date: 6/23/14

S/C/G: 294/202/155

Woohoo, Wtg on your successful first week!

I split my dinner protein up last night into two portions. I just realized that I forgot to eat the second portion (I got all of my veggies in though). I never thought that forgetting to eat would be a problem when I first started IP.

Last edited by nat1015; 08-13-2014 at 08:38 AM.
Old 08-13-2014, 08:54 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Default Nashua Sales Today!

FREE SHIPPING AT NASHUA NUTRITION - TODAY ONLY!!

Order over $49 and get free shipping using code TODAY49 (must use capital letters). Enter and apply code at checkout.

ALSO - Proti Thin bars are 10% off this week. Enter code PTBARS10.

(Will cross-post in the Alternative Product thread as well)

Last edited by JLUS; 08-13-2014 at 05:28 PM.
Old 08-13-2014, 09:56 AM   #6  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning everyone,
Today is the first day of school here so, it's back to work for me. I went in yesterday to get all our new products out and organized. Normally I would have tried each new product but I just passed it to my coworkers to try. My job is all about food so, this will be the ultimate challenge to stay 100% on plan. I am determined to stay 100%. School food isn't all that tasty anyway it's just habit to have a little of this and that out of habit. Please send me willpower vibes...
Old 08-13-2014, 09:57 AM   #7  
restart 5/27/14

I'm still unable to update my ticker. It wants me to choose a new style and when I do it just keeps going back to the same page.
Old 08-13-2014, 10:08 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 168.8/136.4./130

Height: 5'2''

Good morning everyone. If you are going to take advantage of the free shipping from NASHUA NUTRITION, what are you ordering??? I am going to get soup for sure, and definitely NO BARS lol. I ate 7 bars in 5 days this past week.

btw, the code for international shipping is TODAY15 , with this you
receive $15 off your total order towards your shipping cost
on orders over $49.00.
Old 08-13-2014, 10:21 AM   #9  

Sending some your way Jemma!
Old 08-13-2014, 11:05 AM   #10  
Started IP Alt 1/29/14

S/C/G: 234/145/145

Height: 5'4"

Jemma:
I wish you the best regarding the food. You don't need to try it, just keep telling yourself that.
I too cannot change my ticker in fact when I try, even if I start the process it wants me to create a TTC ticker (Trying to Conceive). LOL

I might check out another ticker site so I can update my weight. I'm finally in the 150's!! Less than 10lbs to reach my goal! Wahoo!

Omamma:
I'm going to order some white cheddar crisps, some of the proti-thin carmel delight bars, peanut strawberry bars by Proti-diet. I wish the Proti-Thin fusilla past was available, I would buy that as well.
Don't forget in addition to the free shipping, use the promo code AUG5OFF to save $5.00 off your order, limit one per customer.
Old 08-13-2014, 11:05 AM   #11  
restart 5/27/14

Wondering how my energy level will be today because I am on my feet and in full speed when at work. Our department has us there for the bare minimum amount of hours to accomplish feeding 1500 students.
Old 08-13-2014, 11:08 AM   #12  
IP Start Date 07/11/14

S/C/G: 199/161.0/140

Height: 5'2" (almost)

On the advice of JLUS I am reposting here. . . .

I have searched the web and this forum, but to date, have been unable to find an answer.

Does anyone know of an alternative for IP's blueberry cran-granata drink and the raspberry jelly?

My coach said these are "free" and that I could have one a day if I wanted. For that reason (and the price and the fact they are loaded with collagen), I'd like to find alternatives.

Thanks and have a great day.
Old 08-13-2014, 11:10 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemma51 View Post
I'm still unable to update my ticker. It wants me to choose a new style and when I do it just keeps going back to the same page.
Jemma... is it possible you are updating in the wrong place. I just updated mine with no trouble.

Go to User CP
Select Edit Signature and THEN...
scroll to the bottom of the section where it says Edit Signature and there is a box very similar to the ones we use when posting messages and replies.

In that box, below any name or message you created as part of your signature, there is a section with codes for the ticker. One of the last things in the code are the numbers with your weight Starting / Goal / Current.

Change the number you want and then go down to the box that says Save Signature.

Hope that helps! If not you may have to get in touch with a 3 Fat Chicks Site Administrator.
Old 08-13-2014, 11:46 AM   #14  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Alright.....had my two-week weigh-in today (haven't peeked at a scale since last weigh-in) and I made my GOAL! Picture the soccer announcer:

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL!!!!!!!!!

Phew, just made it with the skin of my teeth. I weighed 170.4 at the start of IP and was 135.4 today at weigh-in. Exactly 35 lbs off....woot, woot! So, it took me almost exactly 4 months to get this weight off. Now, to learning how to KEEP it off!

So, today is my first day of P2. After my early AM weigh-in, I started my day with 4 oz of scrambled eggs as I have a HARD time with eating a full 8 oz of protein in one sitting. I do think I will miss my extra IP/alt foods, but I know I can hold on for two weeks of P2 and THEN I really get to jazz things up in P3.

I have the rest of the week with extended family here....so I'm happy that I was still able to meet goal. My son's birthday is on Friday, but I have no intention of eating any cake. I want to phase back carbs properly....no reason to set myself back for a little cake!
Old 08-13-2014, 11:50 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

WAY TO GO Evemomma!!!

Lisa- you're in my thoughts. I hope your city has calmed down.
Amber- I miss your posts!! Hope all is well.

Last edited by Kellyc14; 08-13-2014 at 11:52 AM.
Closed Thread