Whole Foods Lifestyle For discussion of whole foods and more natural diets.

Old 05-11-2014, 07:52 PM   #1  

Default Anyone using or has used the Nutri-Bullet?

I'm considering buying one because of their payment plan. I can't afford the more expensive ones recommended by the weight loss gurus. Anyhow, before making my purchase I would appreciate any feedback on the N-B and its performance. Did it live up to what is touted in the infomercial or that just all hype?

I'm sure a good part of it is hype but it would not be around as long as it has been if it were all hype. The air-time alone must cost them a small fortune, so I'm thinking there must be some happy customers out there somewhere.

If anyone here has any experience with it (N-B), I would appreciate it if you shared your thoughts on it with me.

Thanks, Alex

PS - This may sound dumb, but what are trackbacks?
alex1944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 08:00 PM   #2  

Haven't seen the infomercial but I love mine I use it mainly for smoothies. It will also grind up ice for drinks (which I make with crystal light). I have no clue what trackbacks are....
asjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 08:05 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by asjb View Post
Haven't seen the infomercial but I love mine I use it mainly for smoothies. It will also grind up ice for drinks (which I make with crystal light). I have no clue what trackbacks are....
Thank you for the quick reply. You must be online now. I came back to subscribe for email notification of replies to this thread.

The smoothies sound good. The instructional material that comes with it, do they cover weight loss material?

-Alex

Last edited by alex1944; 05-11-2014 at 08:06 PM.
Old 05-13-2014, 10:44 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

I have one and love it - I use it to crush things like whole tomatoes for sauces, smoothies, beans or vegetables to thicken soups, and even mixing marinades or salad dressing.

We've used it daily for years.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 11:35 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 179/ticker/135

I use mine almost daily. Mainly make smoothees - yogurt, spinach, pumpkin, flaxseed, coconut oil, frozen berries - it's a big smoothee!
kris2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 10:36 PM   #6  

Sorry I haven't been back or responded to any of the replies. I had another little set back with this da** bacterial infection that has attacked my kidneys and liver.

I'm going ahead and giving it (N-B) a try. My sister purchased hers and she's tickled pink with it. Won't stop talking about it.

I'll have to wait until next month but I'll post here my opinions and results whatever they are. If it's OK I'll open an ongoing thread with my progress with it. After all, in his infomercial that guy makes some tall claims. We'll see if it lives up to the claims touted.

Thanks, alex1944
Old 08-08-2014, 10:14 PM   #7  

I definitely recommend the Nutribullet! I'm very into green smoothies. And it comes with a great recipe book and also nutrition info.
VivaClandestina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 11:59 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 296/273/190

Height: 5'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex1944 View Post
Sorry I haven't been back or responded to any of the replies. I had another little set back with this da** bacterial infection that has attacked my kidneys and liver.

I'm going ahead and giving it (N-B) a try. My sister purchased hers and she's tickled pink with it. Won't stop talking about it.

I'll have to wait until next month but I'll post here my opinions and results whatever they are. If it's OK I'll open an ongoing thread with my progress with it. After all, in his infomercial that guy makes some tall claims. We'll see if it lives up to the claims touted.

Thanks, alex1944
Did you buy it? How's it going for you?

I'm assuming it's the same thing as the magic bullet, which I've had for ages. I actually bought a second one so I'd have a backup just in case... Haha. It might be my favourite appliance. Well actually, it's my second favourite appliance after my tea-maker. I did have one magic bullet die on me once but I buy them through Costco so they returned it no questions asked. My main one has lasted me 8+ years now so I havent even used the backup.

I find it SO much easier to use the bullet than to use a blender or food processor, for everything. It chops, it grinds, it does coffee beans, and it makes smoothies without getting all chunky and weird when I put too much ice in it.

Lately I just put in frozen fruit then top it up with water. Or a combination of vodka/rum and water. Or milk if I want more of a milkshake-like drink.

I've done salad dressing in it. When I'm really lazy I throw eggs and veggies in there for an omelette so I don't have to chop anything or stir.

Side note: I am aware "magic bullet" can also mean something else. But I can't help that my second favourite appliance shares the same name as a sex toy.

Last edited by faiora; 10-26-2014 at 12:00 AM.
faiora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 12:22 PM   #9  

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'4 with Cuban curves!

I love my nutribullet! I use it mostly for smoothies as well. Just be careful not to go over the max line on the cups. If you do, the contents can leak out and cause the machine to stick. Just what we have learned by doing the wrong thing!

we love ours though, works so much better than a regular blender, that's for sure.
Claygirl1518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 04:24 PM   #10  

I only have the Magic bullet. I think I should get the Nutri Bullet. Seems it can do more?
classykaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 11:42 AM   #11  
Gettin' Healthy!

S/C/G: 265/258/140

Height: 5'4"

I LOOOOVE mine!! I use it for smoothies in the morning.
Firecracker777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 02:49 AM   #12  

I also love mine! I don't think I could ever go back to using any other type of blender.
benboyd85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 04:41 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 227/208/140

Height: 5'4"

I have one also. I love it, so different then a blender. Doing fruit shakes with spinach...they are delicious..I can't believe how good!
Sanleap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 05:58 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 148.8

Height: 5 ft

I am back on this website because a long time ago it really helped me to stick to a weight losing program. I am pretty fortunate that I am in good health for an 80 year-old. I stay active by bowling and dancing, however, I need to get motivated to get back to the gym. I do have a Nutri bullet and just started using it again. I met a young man who is a friend of the family who has lost 40 lbs. and he uses the Nutri bullet twice a day. As a result, I have decided to give it a "real" try. Any suggestions you may have will be greatly appreciated.
Nita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 06:34 PM   #15  

it's amazing!! Definitely get one if you haven't already!
KickinIt23 is offline   Reply With Quote