Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 08-28-2013, 09:53 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 213/188/159

Default Recommendation for calorie-free drink mix

I'm hunting for hidden calories in my diet and discovered that the sugar-free drink mix I currently drink isn't calorie-free by any stretch. So now I'm looking for a replacement. I've found one or two mixes online that say they're calorie-free, but I don't see them as a product sold locally in Wal-Mart or Publix (my two main supermarkets). Does anyone have a recommendation? I'm not looking for a tea mix or a specialty item that's going to be prohibitively expensive. I'm not a big water-drinker, so I'm not going to drink nothing but water, so please no recommendations that I do.
tricon7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 11:04 AM   #2  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Does it need to be sweet? I love all the True Lemon drinks - the originals (lemon,lime,orange,grapefruit) are just dehydrated juice. 1 packet is like a wedge. I think I've seen them in Publix when I've been near Tampa.

They also make sweetened drink mixes, but they are not calorie free.
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 11:49 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 213/188/159

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddy View Post
Does it need to be sweet? I love all the True Lemon drinks - the originals (lemon,lime,orange,grapefruit) are just dehydrated juice. 1 packet is like a wedge. I think I've seen them in Publix when I've been near Tampa.

They also make sweetened drink mixes, but they are not calorie free.
True Lemon? I've not heard of it, but I'll look for it. Thanks.
tricon7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 05:38 PM   #4  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

I like just lime juice or lemon juice in my water. If you want it sweeter, you could try stevia. It's sweet but doesn't get absorbed by the body. I find the taste of stevia has to be acquired though. I tried it for a long time to sweeten my coffee but it never did taste right to me so I stopped using sweetener in my coffee altogether.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 03:42 PM   #5  

I like adding cucumber and lemon to my water. Or for something sweeter you can try adding watermelon balls or blueberries to you water. Fun trick I found on pinterest was adding berries to my ice cube tray and then add those to your water.
Sarfit125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 10:50 PM   #6  
Intuitive Eating & HAES

S/C/G: 290/244/175

Height: 5'4"

I also love True Lemon and True Lime, because unsweetened drinks seem more refreshing. An easier-to-find (but less natural) alternative would be to use a dash of unsweetened Ice Blue Raspberry Lemonade Kool-Aid in water -- barely enough to give it a pale tint.

And, although tea doesn't interest you, consider letting a peppermint tea bag rest in a glass of ice water. It creates a subtle minty flavor.
PartTimeHippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 12:58 PM   #7  
Hi, I'm Danielle!

S/C/G: 208/Ticker/130

Height: 5'1

I use the squirt liquid koolaid flavoring. It helps me drink water and it's calorie and sugar free
Savemykissesx is offline   Reply With Quote