S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Default Maintainers Volume 15

Time for a new thread.
Slipfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 11:45 AM   #2  

Rosie- If I am hungry between breakfast and lunch, I will have a protein bar or 28 almonds (if I am having my fat meal for lunch). My coach discouraged fruit later in the day, but some people have it with no gain. It is a bit of trial and error, to see what makes the scale react.

Did you have a glass of wine to celebrate your move to maintenance?
Old 07-29-2014, 01:06 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

I do find that the main difference in my meals from before I got sick and gained weight is that I eat a lot less fruit. I only eat fruit maybe once a day now, whereas I used to eat it a few times a day. I also still have to work at a 'bigger' breakfast as I have NEVER been a breakfast person. In school I would get physically ill & puke if I ate breakfast within 2 hours of getting up. Not sure why that was, but I have slowly trained myself to at least have something for breakfast since I became an adult. Perhaps that's why a P1 day seems so easy for me, it's kind of like a relief that I don't have to eat so much food in the morning.

Liana

afternoon update: I had a larger 'proper maintenance' breakfast today and I felt uncomfortably stuffed, icky. No midmorning snack - not hungry... Lunch I looked in the fridge door and meh, not interested in anything in there. I still ate my carb meal - toast, coleslaw made with lime juice and San-J Thai Peanut Sauce (higher in carb than you might guess), 0.4% dry cottage cheese mixed with a teeny bit of leftover raita from last night, a strawberry Silhouette 0% yogourt but I still feel blech. Not sure how fat dinner is going to go if I keep feeling this way... We'll see when I post maintenance meals tonight.

Last edited by canadjineh; 07-29-2014 at 04:30 PM.
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 10:38 PM   #4  
Start IP 3rd Jan 2014

S/C/G: 187/141/145

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
Rosie- If I am hungry between breakfast and lunch, I will have a protein bar or 28 almonds (if I am having my fat meal for lunch). My coach discouraged fruit later in the day, but some people have it with no gain. It is a bit of trial and error, to see what makes the scale react.

Did you have a glass of wine to celebrate your move to maintenance?
Thanks Slipfree. I had some yoghurt and berries mid-morning. It was good but I think from reading what you and others have said, that I would be better off having a protein bar, some almonds or a hard boiled egg. I agree with Liana's comment about less fruit and I think I'm going to keep this fruit to breakfast time only.

I haven't had a wine yet. This is booked in for Friday night. I think my lovely, supportive friends are more excited about it than I am!! They are restricting me to just one lovely glass of red wine and then they are driving me home.

My first day of maintenance has been a lovely journey. Am looking forward to repeating this in the days to come and being able to continue to work on my health.
RosiePosie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 11:12 PM   #5  

Rosie! Glad that you had a good first maintenance day. My friends did the same thing on my first glass of wine
Old 07-30-2014, 07:35 AM   #6  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Glad your first day went well Rosie! It's kind of fun playing with food and seeing what works for you. You'll do great!
Ruth Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 10:09 AM   #7  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Hi Ruthann: I hope you are doing well after that move.

slipfree. That first glass of wine after a long time can be pretty strong!

Rosie: I usually have fruit only once a day in the morning also. Welcome to maintenance.

Canadjineh: Have you tried splitting the breakfast into two meals since you don't like the large meal in the morning? Sorry you are not feeling well. I am a peanut sauce fan as well..Too yummy.

Well it looks we are going salmon fishing tomorrow. Wish me luck in that the ocean is calm and not bouncing up and down for 8 hours.
Maile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 08:37 PM   #8  

Hi all,

Doing find on the food front, but kind of in a blue funk. Hoping it is pms.

Maile, hope your salmon fishing was done on smooth waters.

Sylviesgirl, how are things going for you?

Rosie, have fun tomorrow!

Liana, during the school year when I am up early, I prefer a small breakfast too. Hope you felt better by dinner.
Old 07-31-2014, 09:38 PM   #9  

I felt much better yesterday & today (maybe because I was eating breakfast at noon, lol.) Hope everyone else had a good day today. Maile, I may just split up breakfast from now on, we'll see how things go on normal non-work days...

Liana
Old 07-31-2014, 11:35 PM   #10  
Start IP 3rd Jan 2014

S/C/G: 187/141/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
Hi all,

Doing find on the food front, but kind of in a blue funk. Hoping it is pms.

Maile, hope your salmon fishing was done on smooth waters.

Sylviesgirl, how are things going for you?

Rosie, have fun tomorrow!

Liana, during the school year when I am up early, I prefer a small breakfast too. Hope you felt better by dinner.
Sorry to hear about your blue funk Slipfree. It's strange sometimes how these moods come on and sometimes we just don't know why. I've always struggled with food choices when I'm down, because I just get into that mentality of feeling sorry for myself. The best thing to do so come on here, talk it through, keep going with your excellent food choices and maybe a good nights rest will make things all new and shiny in the morning! If not, perhaps a good vigorous walk to get the limbs limber and the breath running a bit ragged.

I'm so looking forward to that wine tomorrow! I've even got it entered into MFP ahead of time because I wanted to still stay within my calorie goal. Small, baby steps and all that.

I'm off to NYC on Sunday for training and then a weekend in NY followed by client meetings. I'm pretty nervous about the food at training, to the point that I am bringing some IP crisps and choc brownies with me to replace what I am sure will be some delicious but unforgiving food.

One thing I am excited about is I have booked in with a personal shopper at one of the big department stores (it's free) to help me with picking out a new business wardrobe. I need everything! I've been saving up and I have a decent amount of money to enable me to make quality purchases. Hopefully I will end up with some new ideas of what to put together! I need some help as I just don't have that fashion gene at all!!
RosiePosie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 11:59 PM   #11  

Hi Rosie,

Thanks for the support. i am sure tomorrow will be better.

Your trip sounds exciting. Great planning to bring some IP snacks. I am sure that you will do fine with your food choices.

Be sure to bring an umbrella because we are in for showers on and off for the next week on the east coast. I think going to a personal shopper is a fab idea!
Old 08-01-2014, 07:46 AM   #12  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Maile - hope you had fun salmon fishing!

Slipfree - sorry about your blue funk, I hate those. Maybe get some new crayons and color it bright pink?

RosiePosie - You'll do great on your trip, sounds like you have a good plan. And I love the personal shopper - it's hard to pick out clothes once you've lost weight. I was buying pretty much the same stuff I wore when I started, just in smaller sizes but took my niece shopping with me - she has a good eye for style and really helped perk up my wardrobe. Enjoy your wine!

canadjineh - glad you're feeling better!

Really glad it's Friday, looking forward to the weekend.
Ruth Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 10:12 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Good morning. As of yesterday my left hip is two weeks old. Feeling good, not using the cane around the house and starting to tentatively omit it on my walks.

Maintenance is good. Easily hanging around 136, which surprises me.
drd1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 10:58 AM   #14  

Planning on bringing enough fat food (helloooo, pepperoni & green olives, lol) that I don't have to worry about in the heat, and making up a couple of carb meals (with quinoa and veggies in a dressing/sauce) to prepare for my big long weekend EDM Music Festival!!!! Woot, woot!
I will be taking some vegan protein shake powder to add to breakfast of fruit, cereal, and yogourt and that should pretty well get me through without too much wacky off maintenance plan eating. (Although tortilla chips, cheese, and a drink or three are lurking in there somewhere )
I will probably come back with a tradeoff, a bit of puffy water weight from drinks and saltiness, and down some fat from insane hours of dancing, heheheh.

I have to do the packing this morning while DH is finishing a job from yesterday (window cleaning on a massive beach house with cabin). Unfortunately our bigger cabin style tent doesn't fit on site alongside our car, so we have to take the old backpacker dome tent. I'm getting too old to crawl around in a low, tight tent but whatcha gonna do?...
I sure I will be stiff come Tuesday, lol.

Liana

RosiePosie, enjoy your glass of wine, sip & savour! Have fun with the personal shopper.
Slip, hope you are feeling more like yourself again soon.
Maile, hope you get to have many salmon dinners to come...
drd, isn't effortless maintenance a wonderful thing, lol?... just following the rules...
RuthAnn, hope your weekend is a fun one too!
Old 08-01-2014, 11:35 AM   #15  

Ruth Ann, your comment made me smile . I love coloring and bright pink.

Liana, have a blast on your festival adventure, sounds like FUN!

Drd, happy two weeks! Happy to hear that you are moving around so well.

My spirits are better today. Sold a piece of furniture and a bunch of books yesterday. I will be so much happier when the clutter (including a ton of clothes) is out of this house. Just feels like a Sysiphean task.

I am feeling a bit fluffy on the scale too. Still within my range but retaining water for sure. Another reason to get Zen, stress is not good for my scale.