Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2004, 01:40 PM   #1  
ChewGirl

Default Has Anyone had a Tummy Tuck?

I know this is a really personal question but, I was wondering if any of you have had a tummy tuck. This might even be the wrong place to post this question.... please be kind, I am a newbie to the message boards. I have one scheduled for April 29, 2004. I'm a little nervous about the whole thing. I was going to get it done last year but had some set backs and had to get myself in order before my doc gave me the okay. Any, comments or info on this would be helpful.
Old 01-26-2004, 01:53 PM   #2  
Head Princess

I believe there's some info on this in the maintainer's forum. I haven't had one, but am planning on getting it done once I've decided that I'm either done having kids or not going to have kids.

How close are you to your weight goal? From what I understand, there's no use having it until you're sure you're going to be able to maintain your weight and your not having any more babies.
Old 01-26-2004, 02:11 PM   #3  
ChewGirl

Well, having any more children is out of the question for me. We have 4 already and I had a hysterectomy about 7 years ago. As far as being close to my goal weight... I'm not. I really haven't even decided on what I want my goal weight to be. My stomach hangs pretty badly. I think it looks like another butt that has migrated around my torso. My dh says he will miss it, but I won't. I have been heavy all my life and have alot of muscle under the fat. I think it would be unreasonable of me to think that I will ever weigh less than 160lbs. My goal is to lose as much weight as possible before the surgery and then continue on from there.
Old 01-26-2004, 05:16 PM   #4  
NO JUNK FOOD ZONE!

A few of the women on the Women Who Lift Weights have had tummy tucks. From what I've read you need to maintain your desired weight for at least 6 months. There are 2 types of tucks - one for just the lower abdominal hang and the other which goes up to the breastbone. There will be a scar which goes roughly from hip to hip and they will move your belly button if necessary.

I haven't had one but will definitely be having one when I am down to 150. I already have c-section scars so what's one more? I will never be wearing a thong or bikini which would reveal that line so that is not an issue for me (even though it is for many women). As I am losing my weight though....that tummy is hanging further and further south and actually looks worse now than it did 45 lbs. ago.
Kim
Old 01-27-2004, 09:42 PM   #5  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

While I have not had one - a long way to go still I would love to be able to have one when all is said and done...After 3 kids, 3 c-sections and a lot of blubber I have an "overhang" and not sure if it will be gone when i reach my goal weight.

I have read tho that it takes up to a year for the body to adjust after a large weight loss - so I will probably wait the year post-goal....try to exercise and tone as much as possible, and also save my $$$ so I can have the surgery if required. Will do much research before hand tho..I am at least 18-24 months away if at all.

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress!

Froufy
Old 01-29-2004, 02:45 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 194/165/135

Height: 5'4"

No tummy tuck here, I have so many stretch marks from pregnancies wouldnt help much. But I would like a breast lift or reduction. Anyone have any experience with either? I have been a DD since high school, even at 130lbs.
Old 01-29-2004, 09:45 AM   #7  
Head Princess

I had a reduction almost 4 years ago. It was the best thing I've ever done (marrying dh aside). I'm not sure what size I was, but removing 60% got me to a C cup so I'm sure you can imagine And the dang things never changed size regardless of whether I was a size 5 or a size 16
Closed Thread