View Single Post
Old 08-05-2014, 01:22 PM   #332
Nori71
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefla70 View Post
But in my humble opinion, the most important aspect of choosing a weight loss plan is to find something you can stick with long term. My past weight loss is filled with experiences of starting diets and not finishing them. For me, it was critical to find a plan that I could stick with long term.
Couldn't agree more... I have tried a few "official" diets in my time - from liquid to WW to the Zone - and for now I simply am trying to eat whole foods, eliminate processed stuff (which includes most "white stuff"), and am counting calories over at My Fitness Pal. I try to stay at 1300 if I'm not working out that day. I need to get on a regular exercise plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnetrising View Post
I practice ritual calorie counting to ensure that I eat at least 1000 calories a day - this has been a big problem for me in the past, not eating enough
Do the supplements you're on reduce your appetite? I'm happy you've found what works for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeraFilia View Post
I have been so excited and wanting to share, but I figured it would be best to make sure all the family knew first, and then we were traveling and all that jazz.
Congrats! I'm late to the group, so does this mean a big move? Another state? New job for you too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurieDawn View Post
As of last Thursday, I decided to go 90% vegan.
Had to chuckle at the 90% vegan! What's the 10% of your diet that isn't vegan? I tell my vegan friends that I could be vegan with the exception of CHEESE! Actually, I was vegan for about 3 weeks last year at the coaxing of a friend and it wasn't that bad. I didn't miss cheese or meat all the bad, but it wasn't a good fit for me doing so much meal prep and since I'm married to a MEAT man - it was twice the meal prep. I could live on rice, beans, corn tortillas and fresh salsa and all those things are vegan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slashnl View Post
So I went, and I'm glad I did.
That's awesome that you and your son can support each other this way! Kuddos to you for going! I LOVE MFP! I've been using it off and on for a year or so and have most of my regular recipes in there. Through trial and error, I have also realized that whatever food I am making is what the family is eating. Luckily, my kids favorite dinners involve chicken, salmon and shrimp, and I can usually easily remove the carb part of it and up my veggies or salad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjenangel027 View Post
I did the c25k and even though I felt like I was gonna die I finished
YEAH!

I've been at home with a sick kiddo for 4 days now. I am supposed to work tomorrow and Thursday, but she's still running a high fever, so I doubt I can take her to the sitters tomorrow. It's been pretty warm for us here in Seattle (until today) and it's so strange to see her bundled up under two blankets with a raging fever when inside the house is 80 degrees. We leave for vacation on Saturday for 10 days, so I hope no one else gets sick!

I was down 1 pound today. I weigh myself everyday. It's what works for me and keeps me accountable. When I only weigh in once a week I do CRAZY things the day before like drink super dieter's tea, eat only grapes, eat only protein... you get it... historically, I have a dysfunctional relationship with food!

"You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it." -M Thatcher

Mini Goals: 10% Weight Loss (276) | No longer morbidly obese (250)
Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote