Old 09-27-2012, 12:59 PM   #1  
Doin' it for ME

S/C/G: 228/210/140

Height: 5'5"

Default IP Friendly Crock pot recipes

Hi everyone,

I am looking for any IP friendly crock pot recipes. I work full time outside of home and second full time job of wife and mom.

Was thinking it would help prep time to have something yummy waiting in crockpot when get home.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Cheryl
cpersons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:04 PM   #2  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for posting this - hoping you get some good replies. It's been cool enough here that it seems like time to get the crock pot out!

I'm thinking of concocting a pot roast recipe with rutabagas and celery... not sure what else to throw in...
Lizzy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:39 PM   #3  
Started IP: Sept 19/12

My hubby made this one night and the chicken was soooo good. We paired it up with some cauliflower rice and mushrooms. In the directions it says to put the ingedients in a pot first and boil them, which he didn't do (so much for reading directions) but it still came out great. He basically just threw everything in the crock pot.

Slow Cooker Sweet Teriyaki Chicken Recipe:

Ingredients:
1 c. soy sauce
1 c. sugar (we used sweetener to make it IP friendly)
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 an onion, chopped
4-6 chicken breasts

Directions:
Put all of the ingredients but chicken into a pot over medium heat until boiling. Pour over chicken in crock pot. Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8 hours. Serve over rice.

We have also done pulled pork in the crock pot. We used the pork tenderloin and I just added some random stuff . . vinegar, soy sauce, sweetener, ketchup, and water. Let it cook all day on low, and had very tender, falling appart meat. I mixed it with some ketchup and WF bbq sauce. Yummy!
tunafish246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:41 PM   #4  
~Tara~

S/C/G: 258/ticker/135

Height: 5' 2"

Well, this isn't much of a recipe, per se, but I like to make chicken breasts covered with Frank's hot sauce. Shred the chicken and put over lettuce with WF Blue Cheese. I also make pork roast (all fat trimmed) with some water in the bottom of the crock, garlic cloves in the water and studded in the roast, and then some cilantro on top. I mix the pork with cooked peppers and put it on salad with some fresh salsa- makes me feel like I am at Qoboba!

I haven't done any complete meals, would be interested in those ideas, since that would make my evenings a lot easier.
GoalFor40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:05 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Someone posted this awhile back and it is one of my favorites. So delicious. Don't know if the onion mix is legal (maybe use half), but I think it'd be just as good without it.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Slow-Co...px?prop24=etaf

I also LOVE chicken with buffalo sauce shredded over a salad. I totally meant to make that today but forgot to put it together before I left for work.

Last edited by djs06; 09-27-2012 at 02:06 PM.
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:29 PM   #6  

S/C/G: H 225/ S 205/ C 197.5/ TBD

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by djs06 View Post
Someone posted this awhile back and it is one of my favorites. So delicious. Don't know if the onion mix is legal (maybe use half), but I think it'd be just as good without it.

I also LOVE chicken with buffalo sauce shredded over a salad. I totally meant to make that today but forgot to put it together before I left for work.
the onion soup mix isn't leagl. Depending on what brand the carbs can be pretty high. If you get one that only has about 6 carbs that would be as much as a small onion so you could swap it out?
warmheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:32 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by warmheart View Post
the onion soup mix isn't leagl. Depending on what brand the carbs can be pretty high. If you get one that only has about 6 carbs that would be as much as a small onion so you could swap it out?
Hmm from what I can remember there is definitely variation. Also it makes a bunch of servings (I used a smaller roast and it still fed me for like 4 days).

Actually I don't even think you really need the onion soup mix, the soy sauce and the water would be great alone!
Old 09-27-2012, 02:42 PM   #8  
IP Start: 8/15/12

S/C/G: 286/217/158

Height: 5'6"

Thanks for this thread, I'm always looking for slow-cooker ideas.

Quote:

Glad you like this as much as I do. I've made it twice now since I posted this recipe. The onion soup mix does have 16 carbs per packet. This works out to 2.6 carbs per 8 oz meat from a 3 lb chuck roast. I really only use a minimal amount of the juice in a serving (2T), so the carbs would definitely be 1 or less. Not a concern in my opinion.

Last edited by stargirl66; 09-27-2012 at 02:46 PM.
stargirl66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:48 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargirl66 View Post
Thanks for this thread, I'm always looking for slow-cooker ideas.

Glad you like this as much as I do. I've made it twice now since I posted this recipe. The onion soup mix does have 16 carbs per packet. This works out to 2.6 carbs per 8 oz meat from a 3 lb chuck roast. I really only use a minimal amount of the juice in a serving (2T), so the carbs would definitely be 1 or less. Not a concern in my opinion.
Stargirl, thanks for posting the recipe!! I couldn't remember who originally posted it, sorry!
Old 09-27-2012, 05:04 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 299.8/282.3/160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Hmm from what I can remember there is definitely variation. Also it makes a bunch of servings (I used a smaller roast and it still fed me for like 4 days).

Actually I don't even think you really need the onion soup mix, the soy sauce and the water would be great alone!
Are those minced onions legal? What about just using onion powder?
AngieBaby41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 05:59 PM   #11  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Pork Roast & Rutabaga crockpot

Peel & slice a large rutabaga in big chunks.
Spray crockpot with EVOO spray
Rub a 3lb pork roast with a mix of 2 tsp garlic powder, 1 Tbsp parsley, 2 tsp thyme, 1 tsp sea salt, 1/2 tsp white pepper.

Heat a skillet to high. Sear the pork roast on all sides (about 2 minutes per side).

Arrange the rutabaga on the bottom of the crockpot. Place pork roast on top of the rutabaga. Add 1 cup fat free veggie/chicken broth, or plain water if you prefer. Cover and cook on low for 6 hrs.

Voila, meat and potatoes dinner! You can do the same with a beef roast, just adjust this way:

Rub beef with a mix of 2tsp garlic powder, 2 tsp onion powder, 1/2 tsp black pepper, 1 tsp sea salt. Sear on all sides to seal in the juices. Instead of chicken/veggie broth, add 1/2 cup water or beef broth, and 1/2 cup black coffee (preferably yesterday's coffee!). Cook on low 6 hours.
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:35 PM   #12  
Restart 4/1/19

S/C/G: 226.8/190.0/140

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunafish246 View Post
My hubby made this one night and the chicken was soooo good. We paired it up with some cauliflower rice and mushrooms. In the directions it says to put the ingedients in a pot first and boil them, which he didn't do (so much for reading directions) but it still came out great. He basically just threw everything in the crock pot.

Slow Cooker Sweet Teriyaki Chicken Recipe:

Ingredients:
1 c. soy sauce
1 c. sugar (we used sweetener to make it IP friendly)
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 an onion, chopped
4-6 chicken breasts

Directions:
Put all of the ingredients but chicken into a pot over medium heat until boiling. Pour over chicken in crock pot. Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8 hours. Serve over rice.

We have also done pulled pork in the crock pot. We used the pork tenderloin and I just added some random stuff . . vinegar, soy sauce, sweetener, ketchup, and water. Let it cook all day on low, and had very tender, falling appart meat. I mixed it with some ketchup and WF bbq sauce. Yummy!
I'm sorry Tunafish, but I thought I should mention that the onion in this recipe isn't legal, IP only allows raw onions. Ketchup isn't allowed either unless you are using the low carb one, some coaches might allow that, mine does not.
Bella73123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 03:13 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 244/223/160

Height: 5ft 4in.

Just what I was looking for. I have a lump of beef and two turnips sitting in the fridge. Tomorrows dinner is sorted.
TwoTots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 02:03 PM   #14  
Started IP: Sept 19/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella73123 View Post
I'm sorry Tunafish, but I thought I should mention that the onion in this recipe isn't legal, IP only allows raw onions. Ketchup isn't allowed either unless you are using the low carb one, some coaches might allow that, mine does not.
Not to worry. We didn't use onions because we don't really like them. And the ketchup was IP friendly ketchup that my coach allows. Even then we didn't eat the sauce. I guess I should have posted the recipe how we changed it, sorry. I'm new to this
tunafish246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:54 PM   #15  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

I put turnip or rutabega in overnight with WF maplesyrup. The next morning they were still hard so I added my meat and by the time I got home from work, all was cooked and delish. The "potatoes" tasted sweet, like sweet potatoes, and definitely not "turnip"
IP43 is offline   Reply With Quote