Old 06-04-2014, 11:30 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 250/192/140

Height: 5' 6"

Lightbulb TEAM GUIDE (No Posting Area): FAT CAMP SIZZLING SUMMER CHALLENGE: Info. only

FAT CAMP - SIZZLING SUMMER CHALLENGE
12-WEEK CHALLENGE
6-15-14 TO 9-7-14

Join the Fat Camp Sizzling Summer Challenge. What better time to join a group of like minded people and support each other to reach our goals. The weather should be great for most of us, with plenty of daylight and opportunities to get/stay active. Click on the link below to get to the challenge thread.CLICK HERE TO GET TO CHALLENGE THREAD

We have a Google Doc Spreadsheet for weigh-ins and goals. You can find a link in my signature area. There will be weekly assignments - both physical and mental. The assignments are optional.
Hope you decide to join! Just post to indicate you want to join and stay tuned for more information. The kick off date is 6-15-14, but late entries are okay. If you start late, just make a realistic goal weight for the challenge end on 9-7-14.
Munchey

Last edited by munchey; 06-04-2014 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Updated
munchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 11:46 AM   #2  

Lightbulb TEAM GUIDE (No Posting Area): FAT CAMP SIZZLING SUMMER CHALLENGE: Info. only

Click on the link in my signature block, and it should take you to the Google Doc Spreadsheet for the challenge. Once you get there, immediately bookmark it in your browser.

If you aren't familiar with spreadsheets and don't feel comfortable using it, after a few tries, hook up with a teammate as a Spreadsheet Buddy. Your Spreadsheet Buddy can help you with entries. When using the spreadsheet, you can see a reference in the upper right hand corner that will show how many other people are using it at the same time. If you have a delay in an entry, it is because someone else has made a recent entry that needs to save before you can enter something. If you encounter too much trouble, you might want to try to use it at a later time.

Note: After you have visited the spreadsheet a few times, you might get a Google log-in request. If this happens, delete your browser history for Google Docs. If you have a Google account, you could just log in.

When you look at the spreadsheet notebook, first look at the Challenge Stats Sheet. You will need to enter a starting weight and a goal weight. After that, you won't make any entries on this sheet unless you want to adjust your goal weight. After Kick-Off Week, we will have a Weekly Weigh-In Sheet (it will appear after Kick-Off Week). Read the instructions at the top of both of these sheets. Hopefully things will make sense. (These 2 sheets have a few protected columns to prevent changes to formulas.) Next, check out the Personal Goal Sheet and the Exercise sheet. The instructions should explain them as well.

SHEET SUMMARIES:

CHALLENGE STAT SHEET: Enter Starting Weight (on 6-15-14 or a later date if you are joining late) and Challenge Goal Weight After that, stats from the Weekly Weigh-In Sheet will feed into this sheet. You may view it to see your accumulative progress, but you can't make any other additional entries on the sheet.

WEEKLY WEIGH-IN SHEET: There will be a unique Weigh-In Sheet each week. You will make two entries each week: Last Week's Weight and Current Weight. The spreadsheet will compute your pounds lost and the percentage for the week.

PERSONAL GOALS SHEET: This sheet can be used for you to make up to three goals to work on during the challenge. (i.e. drink eight 8-oz glasses of water a day, get 8 hours of sleep 5 nights a week, walk 20 miles a week, don't eat after 7:00 p.m. etc.)

WEEKLY EXERCISE SHEET: If you participate in the weekly exercise assignments, you may use this sheet to record your reps and mileage for the week.

SPREADSHEET BUDDY:
If you need help, make a post in the thread and ask for a teammate to help you with the spreadsheet. You could just post your weight each week and request that someone make entries for you.

Last edited by munchey; 06-04-2014 at 01:59 PM.
Old 06-04-2014, 02:08 PM   #3  

Default TEAM GUIDE (No Posting Area): FAT CAMP SIZZLING SUMMER CHALLENGE: Info. only

It is suggested that all Fat Camp members copy and sign this contract with yourself (or an edited version to suit reasonable goals for you). You can copy it and paste it into the team posting thread and sign it electronically in a post (just enter your name in the signature area). You might want to copy it and paste it into some format that you can print out and keep with you to look at as a reminder of your commitment to your goals. I promise you that 12 weeks will go by fast. Let's meet those goals! Think about how happy you will be when you realize your accomplishment.

__________________________________________________ _____________________
FAT CAMP - WEIGHT LOSS CONTRACT

I hereby commit to 12 weeks of regular vigorous exercise – that’s a minimum of (5) five 30-minute workout sessions a week – and to self-control when it comes to eating. I will be focused on challenging my abilities in the pursuit of elevating my physical performance. I will strive to increase my work out sessions during the 12-week challenge to: __________________.

I will endeavor to be conscious of when and why I eat and will, to the best of my ability, eat simply to satisfy my nutritional needs as opposed to my emotional needs. I will also do my best to make healthful food choices. I will also make my best effort to terminate my consumption of food 2-3 hours prior to my bedtime.

I realize that this contract is solely with myself and that it carries no rewards, penalties or punishments other than those associated with the reflection of the strength of my character.

_________________________________________ _____________
Signature Date
Old 06-04-2014, 04:47 PM   #4  

TO GET TO THE CHALLENGE THREAD, CLICK ON THE LINK IN MY SIGNATURE BLOCK
(THIS IS AN INFORMATION ONLY THREAD)

LATE ENTRIES ARE OK! The final weigh in is on 9-07-14.
Just make your goals with that end date in mind.

FAT CAMP ACTIVITY OPTIONS
Most Fat Camp activities are optional. You can participate a la carte. The only mandatory thing is to set goals, work on them and post in the team thread. You can decide what else you have time for each week.

SPREADSHEET OPTIONS:

A Google Doc spreadsheet is offered for your use. My signature block contains a link to the spreadsheet. You can use the spreadsheet for any or all of the following:

STAT WORKSHEET: Document your starting weight and end goal weight. If you use the weekly weigh in worksheets, you can view your accumulative progress. After posting your starting weight and goal weight, you won't make any entries on this sheet.

WEEKLY WEIGH-IN SHEETS: After kick off day, a new weigh-in sheet will be offered each week. All you need to do is to enter your current weight and last week's weight. The pounds lost and percentage will be computed by a formula. If you want to have your stats on the spreadsheet, but have trouble with it, just post about your current/last week's weight and ask someone to enter your info on the spreadsheet.

PERSONAL CHALLENGE GOAL (Other than Weight Loss): A spreadsheet is offered to make up to three goals and track your weekly progress.

WEEKLY EXERCISE OPTION: You can use this spreadsheet to record your weekly mileage and/or join in on the weekly exercise assignment. You can opt to not use it, use it on some weeks only for the exercises or just use it to record your mileage.

GOAL POSTING
It is suggested that you make weekly posts about your goals and progress (in addition to using the spreadsheets). It can be helpful to review your week after you weigh in. Acknowledging what went well and what needs improvement can be helpful.

If you don't want to use the spreadsheets, you can keep track of your own stats and post about them and your progress.

GENERAL POSTING
Everyone has a limited amount of time, but interacting with others who have like minded goals can be very helpful to both you and others. If you need help, information or ideas, it is suggested that you post about it. When you have time to give support to other Fat Camp members, please jump right into some posting - others will appreciate it.

FAT CAMP CONTRACT:

This is not mandatory, but encouraged to help you commit. You can modify the contract in any way you wish. It is suggested that you do a contract with yourself in some form and print it out or keep an electronic copy somewhere where you can view it periodically.

Old 06-15-2014, 12:05 AM   #5  

Suggested Activities for Week 1 - Beginning 6-15-14:
1. Establish your goals (if you haven't already done so)
Weekly goals (i.e. 2 pound weight loss for week one, 20 miles of walking/running, etc.)
Mid-term goals (i.e. lose 10 pounds by week 4)
Goals to meet by 9-07-14 (i.e. lose 15 pounds by then)

2. Establish something for inspiration. It can be a vision board, a photo, inspirational phrases or an inspiration outfit. It helps to have something to view daily/frequently to keep you focused on the prize (a slimmer, more fit you). You have to want to reach your weigh-loss goal more than you want to overeat.

3. Gather the tools for success. A failure to plan is a plan to fail.
  • Clean out the kitchen and prepare for clean eating
  • Stock up on good foods and make some meal plans for the week
  • Ask for help and suggestions.
  • It is strongly suggested that you count your calories. If you don't have a means to do that, you might want to try MyFitnessPal.

4. When reporting your weight and accomplishments at the end of each week, it is suggested that you state successes and improvement opportunities.

OUR EXERCISE CHALLENGE FOR THE FIRST WEEK
It is a great little routine to add to you workout this week. Try turning it into a circuit by adding some aerobic moves in the mix (i.e., skaters, jumping jacks, step ups, marching in place, hula hoop etc.). We have an exercise worksheet on the challenge spreadsheet. You may use it to record your reps. If you are unsure of how to do any of the exercises, just do an internet search and you will find everything you will need.

Last edited by munchey; 06-15-2014 at 12:54 AM.
Old 06-21-2014, 07:48 PM   #6  

WEEK STARTING 06-22-14

I hope everyone had a good first week The first week of change can be difficult and stressful. Remember, this is your journey - tailored for you. You only fail when you quit trying. The suggested assignments below are voluntary, but I hope you will try them.

WEEKLY WEIGH-IN SHEETS: A new weigh-in sheet will be offered each week. All you need to do is to enter your current weight and last week's weight. The pounds lost and percentage will be computed by a formula. If you are starting the challenge late, you need to set up a starting weight and a goal weight on the Stat Spreadsheet. The weekly weigh-in sheets feed into the Stat Sheet.

For the exercise assignment this week, we have The Spankin' Booty Routine. Go to the link below and see the exercises on Pinterest.

SPANKIN' BOOTY ROUTINE

The following eight exercises appear on the spreadsheet.
Back Leg Lifts X 10
Hamstring Curls X 15 & X 30 (2 versions)
Booty Circles X 15
BodySurfing X 15
Laying Hamstring Curls X 15
Booty Bridge X 15
Fine Tone the Booty x 15
Rock the Boat X 15

These exercises are extra credit, or you may choose to substitute some of these for some of the eight above.
Back Lunges x 20
Deadlifts X 15 each Side
Bonsai Booty X 10 Each
Fine Toning on Toes X 15

WEEK 2'S MENTAL CHALLENGES
1. POSITIVE AFFIRMATIONS: Make daily positive affirmations. Suggestion is for three. You can say them to yourself, write them on a pad of paper or note them electronically. Hopefully you will come to this thread and post your affirmations at least 2 times during the week.

Examples:

I forgive myself for any and all past mistakes
I deserve to succeed
I choose to be happy
I have the power to realize my goals
I am becoming better everyday
I only have positive mental pictures
I know how to promote my emotional and physical well-being.
I take care of my body's needs
I see myself at my healthy weight and I achieve it
I feel good when I exercise
I like long walks
I can stay on my plan to obtain my healthy weight
I picture myself at my perfect weight
I have a positive attitude about what I eat, how I eat, and when I eat
My body burns fat like a furnace

This might be difficult for some, but give it a try to come up with some personalized affirmations. If any of the above examples suit you, please use them.

LET'S ROCK WEEK 2!

Last edited by munchey; 06-21-2014 at 07:49 PM. Reason: correction
Old 06-28-2014, 10:08 PM   #7  

WEEK STARTING 06-29-14

EXERCISE OPPORTUNITY THIS WEEK

For the exercise assignment this week, we have a back to basics core routine. Copy and paste the address below in a new browser window to see the video & details for the exercises. The video is set up for a 10-minute routine. (If the link doesn't bring up the video, you may need to copy and paste the address below into a browser window)

LINK TO EXERCISE VIDEO

http://www.fitsugar.com/10-Minute-Ab-Workout-31600609

The following exercises appear on the spreadsheet:

Seated Twist
Trunk Rotation
Lying Knee Press
Lying Bent-Knee Leg Extensions
Plank With Knee Tap
Lying Hyperextension
Bird Dog
Bird Dog W/Twist

SUGGESTED MENTAL EXERCISE FOR THIS WEEK:

Let's list the things we hate about being fat, out of shape or having bad eating habits Let's get passionate about it. Think about a list you might want to keep with you and look at when you are tempted to overindulge, skip your exercise, etc.

FAT! LET'S BREAK UP! I WANT YOU TO GO AWAY! YOU ARE DRAGGING ME DOWN!

Last edited by munchey; 06-28-2014 at 10:20 PM.
Old 07-06-2014, 12:50 AM   #8  

ASSIGNMENT
FOR WEEK BEGINNING 7-06-14

For the exercise assignment this week, we have a new arm circuit. Go to the link below to see the video. The video is worth watching, as there are variations for each move. Adjust the weights as needed. Sorry if it starts with a commercial. . I put the basic moves on the spreadsheet, but it might be easier to just record how many times you do the entire circuit. Decide which is best for you
LINK TO ARM ROUTINE

Arm Curls
Bicep Curls
Tricep Extensions
Tricep Ext. - Single Arms
French Press
Tricep Press

THIS WEEK'S MENTAL CHALLENGE

WHAT IS YOUR ROOT CAUSE?
In order to achieve long-term success, we need to deal with the ROOT CAUSE or our weight issues. I invite you to take a took at this issue.

What is the root cause (s)?
What are ways that you can deal with these issues?
Do you need help with these issues? Let's share some ideas for coping skills!
Old 07-13-2014, 12:15 AM   #9  

WEEK STARTING 07-13-14

For the exercise assignment this week, we have a routine to rearrange our rear ends.
LINK TO BUTT ROUTINE

Bridge With Leg Lift Series
Side Plank With Leg Circles
Bent Leg Lift With Weight
Fire Hydrant

SUGGESTED MENTAL EXERCISE FOR THIS WEEK:
Postpone eating something. The idea behind this is NOT to avoid eating scheduled meals, but to eliminate 2nd helpings or that little extra something that wasn't planned. Here are some ideas:

Wait 20 minutes before having the 2nd helping

Wait before having that unplanned evening snack (divert your attention to something else and think about the benefits of not having the unplanned snack)

Postpone buying some food item at the store that will definitely be a temptation for you.

Last edited by munchey; 07-13-2014 at 12:26 AM.
Old 07-19-2014, 12:47 PM   #10  

Relapse and Recovery 101
There's Always a Way Back from Relapse. Here's How to Find It.

By Greg Hottinger, RD, and Michael Scholtz, MA, Biggest Loser Club experts

Editor's Note: Even Biggest Loser past contestants aren't invulnerable to gaining the weight back. Here's some expert advice on not letting your hard work backslide.

Once you have been successful with weight loss, it's terrifying to think that someday you might find yourself gaining weight again. But even a full-blown relapse does not mean that your healthy lifestyle has come to an end or that you've failed at losing weight. Getting back on track quickly means overcoming two powerful forces: denial and guilt. Taking responsibility--and then forgiving yourself--for the choices that led to the regain will allow you to be accountable for your actions and yet still retain your self-esteem.

Take Inventory

While the number on the scale may be all the proof that you need to know you've relapsed, taking inventory now will help you avoid all-or-nothing thinking. Even in a full-blown relapse, you are probably still doing something right--perhaps you are eating more fruits and vegetables than the old you; or maybe you are still exercising a couple of times per week; or perhaps you're simply still active on the BLC message boards.

Next, zero in on what broke down--any surprises here? By understanding the obstacles that tripped you up, you'll be able to avoid them or overcome them as you get back on track.
Evaluate the Obstacles.

Fear, low self-esteem, and negative body image are examples of obstacles that can hold you back. These thoughts and emotions can undermine your self-worth and self-efficacy. When negative thoughts and feelings are in control, they make you vulnerable; you may even subconsciously seek out an opportunity to be knocked off track. And, like a self-fulfilling prophecy, you end up quitting your program. Common situations that trip people up are work deadlines, injuries, illness, holidays, relationship issues, and plateaus. Look for answers that will keep your breakdown from happening again. Start with these four questions:

1. Fear: What am I afraid of, if anything, about losing weight? Could fear be the source of my self-sabotage?
2. Negative Self Image/Body Image: Am I battling myself? Do I not give myself credit despite my efforts to lose weight?
3. Deprivation: Was I feeling physically or emotionally deprived while I was on track?
4. Support: Did I lose my support system that I was using for accountability?

Get out a journal and spend a few minutes thinking about each question above and write down as many thoughts as you can. Be as honest as possible.

Reframe
If you are torturing yourself for your relapse, work on accepting it. What is done is done. Re-frame your relapse by seeing it as an opportunity to learn and become more resilient. Every day that you dwell on the past, you miss an opportunity to move forward.

Strengthen Your Confidence
Success breeds confidence. Focusing on areas where you have been successful will help you believe in yourself again. Try these two writing exercises:
1. Write a list of 3 to 5 personal strengths that helped as you lost weight.
2. At the end of each day write a list of 3 to 5 things you are grateful for that day. What are you happy about that you have in your life? What did you achieve? Include something positive in an area of vulnerability. For example, if body image is where you struggle, make at least one thing on your list a physical attribute.

Chart a New Course

You have taken inventory of the key people, foods, environments that created high-risk situations for you in the past. Now it's time to think about what will be different moving forward. What high-risk situations will you avoid? In difficult situations that you cannot avoid, how might you handle them differently in the future? Realize that your journey is a work-in-progress--you can only fail if you quit. As you revisit the following four areas, think about how you can make significant improvements:

1. Fear: How are you going to work through your fears related to weight-loss? Are you going to journal? Do you plan to work with a therapist?
2. Negative Self Image/Body Image: What steps are you going to take to improve your body image in the months ahead? How can focusing on your strengths help? How can journaling what you're grateful for make a difference?
3. Deprivation: How will you redesign your plan to decrease feelings of deprivation? Do you need more calories? More variety? Did you exercise too much?
4. Support: What changes can you make to strengthen your support network? Who can you count on?

Regain Your Focus
The next step is to focus on the present moment--not the weeks and months ahead--but on what you can do today that will make it a solid day. Map out three more days, set goals, and get started. It's time to get back on track!

Greg Hottinger is a registered dietician and has worked as a nutritionist at the reknown Duke University Diet and Fitness Center. Michael Scholtz has an MA in Exercise Physiology and is certified by the American Council on Exercise.
Old 07-19-2014, 01:33 PM   #11  

WEEK STARTING 07-20-14

MENTAL ASSIGNMENT
Read the article "Relapse and Recovery 101". We will focus on portions of this over the next couple of weeks. For this week, we will work the section on Taking an Inventory and Evaluating the Obstacles.

This should be helpful for those who are off track as well as those who are on track. If you are already on track, you can gain reinforcement or reminders on how to stay on track.

PHYSICAL ASSIGNMENT THIS WEEK

For the exercise assignment this week, we have a shoulder & arm routine. Go to the link below to see the video & details for the exercises. It is suggested to do 10 or more reps and three or more sets. Please adjust or improvise as needed. You may use different weights or use a substitute like cans.
LINK TO SHOULDER & ARM ROUTINE

Shoulder Circles (Fwd, Backward & Clockwork)
Scarecrow
Push-up Shoulder Press Combo
Reverse Fly
Triceps Kickbback (or Wide Elbow Row)
Reverse Plank & Hold
Rotator Cuff Stretch
Old 07-26-2014, 03:40 PM   #12  

WEEK BEGINNING 7-27-14

MOVING ON FROM LAST WEEK'S ASSIGNMENT - TAKING INVENTORY: If you haven't had a chance to do last week's assignment yet, suggest you take the time to do it.

Next, zero in on what broke down--any surprises here? By understanding the obstacles that tripped you up, you'll be able to avoid them or overcome
them as you get back on track,

Evaluate the Obstacles
Fear, low self-esteem, and negative body image are examples of obstacles that can hold you back. These thoughts and emotions can undermine your self-worth and self-efficacy.

When negative thoughts and feelings are in control, they make you vulnerable; you may even subconsciously seek out an opportunity to be knocked off track. And, like a self-fulfilling prophecy, you end up quitting your program. Common situations that trip people up are work deadlines, injuries, illness, holidays, relationship issues, and plateaus.

Look for answers that will keep your breakdown from happening again. Start with these four questions:

1. Fear: What am I afraid of, if anything, about losing weight? Could fear be the source of my self-sabotage?

2. Negative Self Image/Body Image: Am I battling myself? Do I not give myself credit despite my efforts to lose weight?

3. Deprivation: Was I feeling physically or emotionally deprived while I was on track?

4. Support: Did I lose my support system that I was using for accountability?

Get out a journal and spend a few minutes thinking about each question above and write down as many thoughts as you can. Be as honest as possible.

EXERCISE ASSIGNMENT THIS WEEK - LET'S DANCE!

Pick and choose from the list below and/or perhaps from a favorite dance workout DVD. Let's have some fun! You can even pick up some new dance moves from the workouts below and then dance to your own music. Let's rock the week!

It has been suggested that we choose a common day/time for a team dance-a-thon. How about Saturday? (or maybe Friday evening?) We can start a separate post to come up with the best time.

10-MINUTE DANCE WORKOUT - Louis Van Amstel of Dancing With the Stars: Copy and paste this address into a browser window:
http://www.fitsugar.com/10-Minute-Da...rkout-26351382

Note: The one above won't link properly, so you have to copy and paste the address. The other dance workouts below are links.

BURLESQUE DANCE WORKOUT

DANCE PARTY WORKOUT (30 Min.)

DANCE YOUR WAY TO A SEXY BUTT (10 Min.)

GET FIT WITH GETTING DOWN WITH ZUMBA (10 Min.)

Last edited by munchey; 07-27-2014 at 12:00 AM.
Old 08-03-2014, 12:35 AM   #13  

FOR WEEK BEGINNING 8-3-14

THIS WEEK'S MENTAL CHALLENGE
Do something to destress or relax this week. Some ideas are as follows:
Meditate
Try some breathing exercises
Do Yoga
Practice good sleep hygiene & get enough sleep
Get a massage
Take a bubble bath
Take a bath with lavender & epsom salts

THIS WEEK'S EXERCISE ASSIGNMENT
For the exercise assignment this week, we have The 10 Minute Lazy Girl Workout. Go to the link below to see the video

LINK TO LAZY GIRL 'S WORKOUT

The following eight exercises appear on the spreadsheet.
Trunk Twist
Bridge
Bird Dog Crunch
Alternating Chest Fly
Triceps Extension
Seated Bicep Curl
Mini Sidewinder
Single Leg Bridge
Old 08-09-2014, 03:16 PM   #14  

WEEK BEGINNING 8-10-14

OPPORTUNITIES FOR THE NEW WEEK

WHAT ARE YOU THANKFUL FOR?:
Post about what you are thankful for. It is suggested that you post at least three times this week
and list 2-3 things you are thankful for.

Per Dr. Andrew Weil
Gratitude Journal: Gratitude is shown to help ward off depression. So keep a journal and during the day make
mental notes of the things you are grateful for – simple things such as friendship, a sunny day, a good cup of coffee,
anything at all. At night, jot them down. By doing this for just one week, you can boost your entire mood for up to 6 months.

PHYSICAL EXERCISES:

3 MOVES TO GIVE YOUR TA-TAS SOME VA VA VOOM
http://www.fitsugar.com/Exercises-Na...Video-32237998

BEST ARM EXERCISES WITH WEIGHTS
http://www.fitsugar.com/Best-Dumbbel...photo-35177433
Old 08-16-2014, 07:53 PM   #15  

WEEK BEGINNING 8-17-14

MENTAL ASSIGNMENT

GO OUT ON A DATE WITH YOURSELF, OR REWARD YOURSELF

Enjoy your own company and go on a date with yourself. Whether it's a spa you've been dying to try out or a movie starring your biggest crush, indulge a little. Get dressed up and spend a little extra time on your hair before you go. Or you can even do something simple, like buying bath salts and putting aside some time to create your own home-spa or bringing home a bouquet of flowers. The idea is to take notice of both small and big accomplishments in your life. Small gestures will not only build your confidence, but they remind us of how special we really are. Just remind yourself, that yes, you deserve it!

PHYSICAL EXERCISE FOR THIS WEEK

18 Moves to Terrifically Toned Inner Thighs

http://www.fitsugar.com/Inner-Thigh-...33054#photo-10

It's Inner Thigh Week! Pick and choose which of the exercises work for you. There are a lot to choose from, so pick the ones you like. There are also a couple of video workouts that you can find after you look through the individual exercise photos.